Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
What is the actual process for getting these sites surveyed? The area behind the residential school in Winnipeg is now a public park/baseball diamond so there isn't any conceivable private opposition to doing ground-penetrating radar, excavation, etc. Is it really just a matter of badgering the city council or ponying up a bit of $ to have it done? If enough people "call" for it there isn't any reason not to do it (besides the fact it fronts Wellington :rolleye:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

Absolute trash country.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Demon cracker nation.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Chamale posted:

The Nazis killed millions by deprivation. Killing people with starvation and disease is murder and genocide.

the nazis studied the residential school system and the genocide of indigenous people in north america and that served as the basis for concentration camps

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
canada: world leaders in... oh, um, nevermind

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Germany, South Africa, Israel, we have inspired many fine countries

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Apples McGrind posted:

Absolute trash country.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Demon cracker nation.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
burn more catholic churches

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Ban Catholicism in Canada and make, by force, the church and government pay every last cent the Indigenous people are owed.

And that's just what to do on the first day of we were serious.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

quote:

“This is not a mass grave site. These are unmarked graves,” said Delorme at a press conference on Thursday morning, adding that the discovery has “reopened the pain” that many suffered at the school. “The grave site is there. It is real.”

its actually only a mass grave if the graves come from the Mass region. and lets not get started on the imaginary graves, which (and it pains me to say this) these are not.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
start hanging priests and nuns while we're at it, this is their doing

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Kazinsal posted:

burn more catholic churches

seize them, liquidate everything, then give the proceeds to victims of the catholic church

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Marx Headroom posted:

its actually only a mass grave if the graves come from the Mass region. and lets not get started on the imaginary graves, which (and it pains me to say this) these are not.

I don't think it deserves that kind of derision. He's likely specifying that it's not a mass grave because that means the counting of graves is likely much more accurate to/representative of the number of people buried there. Ground-penetrating radar hitting a mass grave can tell you there's a large space with bodies in it, but not how many. Detecting 751 separate graves means you've got 751, plus a couple multiple burials if appropriate (ie: mother and child).

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

First they came for the Roman Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Catholic.

Then they came for the Latter-day Saints, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Mormon.

Then they came for the Seventh-day Adventists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Protestant.

Then they came for the Jehovah's Witnesses, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jehovah's Witness.

Then I was able to relax, because suddenly we were safe.

Fashionable Jorts has issued a correction as of 00:19 on Jun 25, 2021

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

I think they mean it was deliberate, they knew about every death, and it went on for many years for there to. be so many individual graves

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Fashionable Jorts posted:

First they came for the Rpman Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Catholic.

Then they came for the Latter-day Saints, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Mormon.

Then they came for the Seventh-day Adventists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Protestant.

Then they came for the Jehovah's Witnesses, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jehovah's Witness.

:hmmyes:

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Fashionable Jorts posted:

First they came for the Rpman Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Catholic.

still plenty of nutjob zealots left after that but it's a start

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!
Well, happy St. Jean Baptiste day everyone

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Well, happy St. Jean Baptiste day everyone

I'm existed for my city to burn down when the Canadiens win or lose the Cup.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm existed for my city to burn down when the Canadiens win or lose the Cup.

I'm excited for Kamloops to burn down when some truck driver on the Coquihala throws a lit smoke out the window this weekend

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I'm excited for Kamloops to burn down when some truck driver on the Coquihala throws a lit smoke out the window this weekend

I’m looking forward to the brain damage myself and my kids will get when the okanagan bursts into flames like a couple years ago and has much worse air quality than anywhere on the planet

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Do it ironically posted:

I’m looking forward to the brain damage myself and my kids will get when the okanagan bursts into flames like a couple years ago and has much worse air quality than anywhere on the planet

The smoke tinge on all the wine will be interesting next year like it was in 2018 though

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Do it ironically posted:

It's okay, we all have masks now!

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

You know, maybe these child rapists and genocidal freaks should NOT have charitable status

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

https://twitter.com/jwmanthorpe/status/1402144877530415105?s=21

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

"morally superior" is one of those things you disprove when you use it to describe yourself, like "nice guy" or "democratic republic"

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I'm starting to think that there are only genocidal states and genocidal states with good PR

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

flakeloaf posted:

"morally superior" is one of those things you disprove when you use it to describe yourself, like "nice guy" or "democratic republic"

my "no longer kidnapping and killing so many indigenous children" t-shirt etc.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Why is the CRTC head allowed to have casual drinks with the CEO of bell

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon/saskatoon-catholic-cathedral-covered-with-paint-after-discovery-of-751-unmarked-graves-1.6079950

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

would love to hear this guy give some specific ways he thinks we have tried to redress our mistakes

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

vyelkin posted:

would love to hear this guy give some specific ways he thinks we have tried to redress our mistakes

We wore orange shirts for a day
Talked about it before an NHL game
Made it legal to run over protestors

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

"mistakes"

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

our glorious liberal leader put ending water advisories to indigenous communities as a platform promise! (please do not investigate if this has been actioned)

Yeast Confection
Oct 7, 2005

owns https://twitter.com/benjancewicz/status/1408443857289814017?s=09

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Boring, someone burn it down

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Terror Sweat posted:

Why is the CRTC head allowed to have casual drinks with the CEO of bell

i haven't checked but there's probably a good chance the crtc head is an ex telco exec, so what's the harm in having drinks with an old friend?

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

When they met they both blurted out "I'll buy you a beer!" And then erupted into laughter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

"My heart is broken at what was done in the name of Christ, but"