Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
So about that crazy looking wolf...

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Sear...ng&utm_content=

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Oof, beautiful, but a little over my price range.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
I have three NECA Gremlins* and one of them keeps falling over. They're all on stands, which are just those basic NECA made discs that have a peg of feet on them. The other two are fine. How do I solve that issue? Should I just buy some of those stands that grab the figure?

*Technically it's four because I have Greta but I didn't open it yet because I don't know where I'm going to display it.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

CPL593H posted:

I have three NECA Gremlins* and one of them keeps falling over. They're all on stands, which are just those basic NECA made discs that have a peg of feet on them. The other two are fine. How do I solve that issue? Should I just buy some of those stands that grab the figure?

*Technically it's four because I have Greta but I didn't open it yet because I don't know where I'm going to display it.

Stands Like This work. Just find some to size.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Stands Like This work. Just find some to size.

quote:

Possible to display from 3.9 inches to 11.8 inches dolls.

THEY'RE NOT "DOLLS", MOM THEY'RE ACTION FIGURES AND YES ADULTS CAN BUY THEM!

Thanks.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Did someone need flint ? There’s one at my target.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Man I love that octopus

Thank you! I had a lot of fun painting him

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I was in Target tonight and I saw a white McFarlane Warhammer Battle Sister toy. I was going to get it because it looked interesting and I worked out that it was some kind of chase variant. The register ended up beeping out that it was street dated for August(?) and I couldn't actually get it. I'm annoyed because not being able to get it makes it far more notable to me than if I had just been able to get it.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I bought the unpainted (“artist proof”) Battle Sister from target a couple weeks ago without a problem. :confused: I’m actually working on painting it right now.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Yeah I have no idea. This Target has had the line for months and people have been finding the white one specifically for at least a little bit from the internet. Its dumb but I'm annoyed I couldn't get the apparently super rare one I had in my hand for reasons of ???. Just gonna tell myself it doesn't fit my Sailor Moon/Godzilla/Pokemon dominated toy collection.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Hasbro had some good restock yesterday. Grabbed hunter and cross hair, and transformers smokescreen because he's such a cool classic looking figure.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony
Stumbled upon Origin's battle cat at a department store while I was out looking for the new Galvatron (found Tracks too!), just had one in stock so it was fated! They had triklops and Ram Man also, was super tempted to get them, but if I do I'll want Man E faces and trap jaw too, and then I'll want beastman and mer man, and then i'll need man at arms and so on. I've got two shelves for my classics stuff on display and that's not enough to put all of them out, so I'm just going to try to get panthor and Teela for this line and let it rest at that.

These are all really awesome, I especially dig the Astral Plane Lulu and your glow in the dark Eleking.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Do you have any other pictures of the translucent cats?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Sooper Gila posted:

These are all really awesome, I especially dig the Astral Plane Lulu and your glow in the dark Eleking.

Thanks! I have fun painting kaiju just kind of in ways that come to mind. I'm enjoying this color scheme lately-

Shiroc posted:

Do you have any other pictures of the translucent cats?

Sure!

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Nice, I've always loved translucent toys.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Thanks! They are fun to deal with. I found out very early that glitter vinyl is actually translucent, When I had these gold glitter Lulus made I had them do it in a very, very light purple to give a slightly ethereal color. For the Astral Plane Lulu I used clear paints on her.

edit: here's my favorite photo I took of the clear Lulu the day after I picked her up on a trip to Japan.

edit 2: Clear vinyl is very particular to make- if there is too much humidity in the air they turn cloudy. I was really happy to find that the company I use to do the pour & pull has a climate controlled work area. I was thinking originally I'd have to wait to order any clear figures during the winter.

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jun 23, 2021

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
Picked up Skelegod at Target today... If the rest of the line is this good I'm in trouble! They did an amazing job on this figure. He's huge with excellent paint apps and a ton of personality. Also his cape is actually THREE separate capes together to make a neat layered look. All cloth too.

My only complaint is the ankles are a little lose on mine. Other than that he's great.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Gatos, I love you work. :)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

PAK Yuffie, Cloud with the bike (Advent Children version though) and some guy who I think is Yuffie's partner in the new DLC.

https://twitter.com/AmiAmi_English/status/1407903808605233153
https://twitter.com/AmiAmi_English/status/1407908429096636424

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Soul of Chogokin GX-100 was finally shown off and given a release date: GAIKING and DAIKUMARYU! Lots of gimmicks, and Daijumaryu is 75cm (29.5") long.

Coming mid December for :siren: ¥82,500 :siren:

I had the original die cast version when I was a kid but at that size and price the nostalgia isn't strong enough to get this thing. Super neat though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhjwpMzDpvs

Here's the 90 minute debut video with people talking history of the line, showing off a bunch of stuff etc. As usual for these events its long winded as hell. At around the 1 hour mark you can get into the original Gaiking toys and then onto the big boy where they show it off in person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSQaHWqfiGc

Vintersorg posted:

Gatos, I love you work. :)

Thank you! :D

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Aphrodite posted:

PAK Yuffie, Cloud with the bike (Advent Children version though) and some guy who I think is Yuffie's partner in the new DLC.

https://twitter.com/AmiAmi_English/status/1407903808605233153

I want Yuffie, but kind of want to just wait for the Part 2 version with a better outfit than just "poncho".

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Moogle tho!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

They’re back! :toot: Neca are re-releasing the Golden Girls!

https://twitter.com/neca_toys/status/1408133231426392066

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I demand a Columbo figure.

Preferably with Dog.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

The_Doctor posted:

They’re back! :toot: Neca are re-releasing the Golden Girls!

https://twitter.com/neca_toys/status/1408133231426392066

That the tweet specifies 'clothed' raises an eyebrow. Series 2 is gonna be wild.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Shiroc posted:

That the tweet specifies 'clothed' raises an eyebrow. Series 2 is gonna be wild.

Hell yeah, Dorothy and Al boudoir set, let's goooooooo

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I’d honestly like them to have other outfits. Everything Dorothy wore on the show was amazing.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Preferably with Dog.

Columbo was way more popular in Japan than America, so an Amazing Yamaguchi Columbo isn't completely out of the question

Daaku Shinsei
Feb 26, 2003

https://youtu.be/54pozPzSA2Q

So, I guess the next Gargoyles figure is Demona

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Preferably with Dog.

How about a two pack with Patrick McGoohan. Each PM head has a different murderously withering sneer on it.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Sentinel Red posted:

How about a two pack with Patrick McGoohan. Each PM head has a different murderously withering sneer on it.

Follow-ups include Robert Culp and Jack Cassidy

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Daaku Shinsei posted:

https://youtu.be/54pozPzSA2Q

So, I guess the next Gargoyles figure is Demona

My body is ready.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Season 2 Mando finally announced. Seems to be chrome plated this time.

Comes with the Darksaber, spear, and unmasked head. S2 version of his armor (minor changes on the legs.)

Deluxe version comes with some saddlebags for him to carry and Boba's armor.

Photos are only on their FB right now and that doesn't embed, and I don't want to rehost them.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

drat this is mighty tempting since I do not have a Mando or Grogu in my collection yet.

Comes with the helmet too.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Soul of Chogokin GX-100 was finally shown off and given a release date: GAIKING and DAIKUMARYU! Lots of gimmicks, and Daijumaryu is 75cm (29.5") long.

Coming mid December for :siren: ¥82,500 :siren:

I had the original die cast version when I was a kid but at that size and price the nostalgia isn't strong enough to get this thing. Super neat though.

I had the original two-in-one release of him as kid too, he's one of my all time favourite Super Robots and I'd really love to have this but at that price I don't know...

Next year is Mazinger's 50th birthday, and I'm expecting bandai's going to make some utter insanity for it that I need to start saving money for now (plus my hopes that they'll start doing DC's of Getter Robo G next too).

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This fuckin seller on Mercari sold me two MOC Classis cheaper than the cheapest loose version on ebay.

And now that fucker sent me incredible offers on a half dozen other figures he has listed.

What an rear end in a top hat.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Hook. Like. Sinker.

That’s sweet tho!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Eh, not a great likeness.

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1408463055898517514

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Rhyno posted:

This fuckin seller on Mercari sold me two MOC Classis cheaper than the cheapest loose version on ebay.

And now that fucker sent me incredible offers on a half dozen other figures he has listed.

What an rear end in a top hat.

don't they know what they're enabling of you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Vintersorg posted:

drat this is mighty tempting since I do not have a Mando or Grogu in my collection yet.

Comes with the helmet too.

Nnnnnnnnnooooooooooo

I’ll wait for another one lmao or snag the head off eBay for 100