Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raccoonboy
May 31, 2011
I think the second episode was the wrong choice of the two queens to go home (plus there was a queen that shouldve been in the bottom but wasnt but alas.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

czg
Dec 17, 2005
hi

Raccoonboy posted:

I think the second episode was the wrong choice of the two queens to go home (plus there was a queen that shouldve been in the bottom but wasnt but alas.)

Agreed with this. AS6 seems ok so far though, but I really hope the eliminated queens get a second chance for real. Second elimination was hard to watch.

DR España was weird this week. Snatch game AND a triple runway? Seemed like a lot, and it was unclear what they counted as the real challenge this week.
Sad about who went home, but at this point I’d be sad about any of them leaving. They’re all great in my heart.

That was three hours of drag race to watch in one evening. I feel like I should be burnt out, but then again I got a lot of prosecco tonight. :quig:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Aw man, I didn't know there were two episodes of A6 already, so I accidentally spoiled the second elim checking wiki. But the little amount of elimination order tea that I saw long ago (despite actively avoiding it) has been proven wrong, so thankfully I'm mostly going into this blind. The first lip sync assassin legitimately took me by surprise and I was so happy to see her.

God, I hope Yara wears and shakes those ridiculous jelly titties every episode.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

wasnt silky outed as an abuser?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Ep 2 thoughts:
Agree with the winner, but some of the tops/bottoms were questionable. Scarlet and/or Trinity could've been top over Eureka and maybe Kylie. ----Silky---- deserved bottom more than ----Yara----. Gutted by the elim, but it's nice to know there's still something coming up for them.

----Ra'jah---- being a frontrunner already is a pleasant surprise.

Edit: oh god dammit, I just realized. Another early out Asian queen, including the 4th Filipina in a row going second

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jun 25, 2021

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

punishedkissinger posted:

wasnt silky outed as an abuser?

I could be remembering it incorrectly, but I seem to recall some talk about Silky being a bit of a groper while in drag?

I'm not really rooting for anyone this season, although I am super impressed with how much confidence Jiggly has gained since her original season. It also helps that she doesn't have Phi Phi to gaslight her.

These queens though, if they're going to insist on doing an original song for the talent contest, they have to loving do something original, because most of the songs are not good. You need some sort of gimmick. Some queens pulled it off, but most did absolutely nothing special with their songs.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Nihonniboku posted:

These queens though, if they're going to insist on doing an original song for the talent contest, they have to loving do something original, because most of the songs are not good. You need some sort of gimmick. Some queens pulled it off, but most did absolutely nothing special with their songs.

Yeah, this. Scarlet and Ra'jah were my top 2 solely for the fact that they did something other than dancing and/or singing or lipsyncing. I cheered out loud when I saw what Ra'jah's talent was going to be.

It kind of reminds me of back when I used to watch America's Got Talent in ~2009ish, I always was more bored at the singing acts than any other talent. Singing is what American Idol is for! The prize for AGT was a show in Vegas, and if I'm going to Vegas (I'm not), I want to see some unique poo poo, like a guy hanging from hooks or a 90 year old comedian or a puppet cussing me out. This feels the same way, in that I want to see kooky unique talents like Manila's painting, Katya's acrobatics, or even Trinity's tucking. Ra'jah's and Scarlet's acts gave me that.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Yeah, ban lip syncs for the variety shows imo. Even the good ones tend to be forgettable unless there's a gimmick to go along with them.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Not willing to go to bat for DRDU in any way except for the fact that art Simone's talent was an incredible showcase of what this country has to offer

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Exactly, Down Under's talent show was so interesting in comparison, if only in theory and not execution. Balloon art, magic, pole dancing, modern dance, and having a big-rear end mouth, compared to AS6's bubble burlesque! Speed sewing! And...four live singers, six lipsyncers, and one very poor standup routine...

gandlethorpe posted:

But the little amount of elimination order tea that I saw long ago (despite actively avoiding it) has been proven wrong, so thankfully I'm mostly going into this blind.

Yeah, original rumors had ~~Yara~~ and then A'keria as first outs, both which would have made me riot. I wonder if production is getting better at preventing leaks, or if it had something to do with the new network?

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I'd bet money that Ru fixed who got eliminated because she's so sick of having to holler every season that there is NO EXCUSE FOR NOT KNOWING HOW TO SEW BY NOW.

Especially for a queen who's already been on the show!!!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I'm astounded by how quickly Ra'jah is becoming one of my favorites. I actually didn't dislike her in S11, but her insecurity and negativity was definitely a turn off. Now it seems like she's managed to shed that without losing the energy that made her a great TV personality.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

I don't mind the queens singing, if they've got the chops. I thought Ginger's song for the talent show was kind of meh; I always think of her as someone who belongs on Broadway, doing something comedic.

I know we're only two episodes in but Silky isn't making want to throw things (yet). I'm still baffled by her glass of milk. I swear it was horizontal when she pulled it out.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I’m glad I have Trinity back on my screen. Even if she had a lacklustre first episode, she’s still got great talking heads and you can tell she’s more confident than she was before.

Kagon
Jan 25, 2005

I didn’t care for her much in her season, but I’m really loving her this time around. She and Ginger are my current favorites

I was really pleased to see (episode 1 spoiler) Coco as the first lip sync assassin. She was the first person to come to mind when they introduced this last all stars, and I was annoyed she wasn’t one of them when I think she’s one of the best lip syncers they’ve had. Glad she got the attention this time around

(Episode 2 spoiler) Really sad to see Jiggly go this early though. When I saw it was a design challenge, I was immediately thinking oh nooooo. She’s so much more confident and happier this time around, and it was a joy to see her having reached a better place.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I want to see a Denali vs Ra'jah lipsync one day. Like, not necessarily in the context of the show, I just want to see them both tear that stage up.

I miss Chi Chi. :(

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Yeah I also would prefer something other than lipsyncing to a bad original track. Jan's singing was really good, tbh, it's just that she went first and there were 13 more acts.

For the second episode, I did not think Kylie deserved top for what was essentially a bra and a piece of fabric wrapped around her waist. Her other two looks were great but that one was just not. Also I'm rooting for TKB but that first look with the pants and boots was so bad. Her created look was of course incredible, I think she could have made top if not for the construction worker look.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Drimble Wedge posted:

I know we're only two episodes in but Silky isn't making want to throw things (yet). I'm still baffled by her glass of milk. I swear it was horizontal when she pulled it out.

What? It's a trick glass. It's double walled and the liquid is between the walls, not inside the bowl of the cup. Another queen used a wine one in one of the other most recent seasons.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I could have sworn I saw a tiny amount of milk splash out though. COMPUTER, ENHANCE!

Time-stamped:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRLhMxaEJRU&t=404s

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
E1 Thoughts:

-Agree with all of the above, lip sync talent show performances are boring and safe and should be judged more harshly.
Make them call out their talent at least, be it "Dancing" or "Songwriting" or whatever, that whole show was lukewarm at best.

-There's like 30 goddamned queens this time, it felt rapid fire! They were probably encouraged to keep it quick and to the point.

-Felt a bit weird about some queens having like, special effects and props and stuff? Like Pandora's light up sign and Ginger's confetti cannons come to mind. Not really about the talent, are they?

-The first one out is always an oof, but this was a pretty big oof. She had a lot to make up for and never really got a shot. Feelsbadman

E2 Thoughts:

-Honestly thought Rajah's construction worker look was brutal, the best part of that outfit was the hard hat on the updo which was just a callback to Shea Coulee's YMCA look except she looked WAY better and she had to MAKE it

-I thought Akeria got done pretty dirty? That denim look was amazing, what about that was going to the club? I was pretty shocked to see her bottom 3 when the likes of Silky was safe with that stapled together cotton ball situation. Looks like it's going to be another Silky free ride season :smith:

-Jiggly, Jiggly I swear to god. You know you're going to be on the show. You know this is your weakness. Learn to sew ONE (1) dress. She made an arts and crafts poncho with streamers glued on with no rhyme or reason. I'm baffled. Her hair was a really cool choice too :(

-Yara got done pretty dirty as well. They really wanted to push this arrogance/how the mighty have fallen narrative and I kind of just wish they wouldn't. Let the queens stand on their own feet, damnit!

Poulpe fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jun 25, 2021

Raccoonboy
May 31, 2011
im a bit confused, were all 3 looks made from scratch or just the final one? because there were some in the first two categories that were a bit.....

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Raccoonboy posted:

im a bit confused, were all 3 looks made from scratch or just the final one? because there were some in the first two categories that were a bit.....

Just the final one, but the Queens aren’t told when given the looks list which ones are decoys/minichallenge looks vs real runway looks which may have caused some of the queens to pay less attention to them when preparing.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

garthoneeye posted:

Just the final one, but the Queens aren’t told when given the looks list which ones are decoys/minichallenge looks vs real runway looks which may have caused some of the queens to pay less attention to them when preparing.

Two infamous examples:

Bob's rollergirl look (where she won the challenge) was a cheap-rear end Halloween costume she thought was for a mini-challenge.

And Monique's clown look with a reveal that was used for a 5 second scene in a crappy acting challenge

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I believe Season 10 had an unused "prehistoric" runway, which some queens (namely Kameron and Cracker) used as their Evil Twin look. S10 also had an orange runway that was used in S11.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Or the AS4 yellow runway, lol. "We just happen to all have yellow and black outfits. Let's make our club bee themed!"

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Yara Sofia is a national treasure.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Yeah I don't care so much for the judging or whatever but AS6 has made me burst out laughing more times than I dunno the last three seasons (counting DRDU here) combined

e: I think I included DRUK2 in this and I changed my mind because Tayce also made me laugh as much as the three seasons prior to it

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

DRUK2 had an incredible final 4. Even Ellie who was clearly the weakest had an incredible run. Thinking about rewatching it tbh

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
Before AS6 aired, I rewatched part of season 11. I really think that was a good cast. Silky was overwhelming first time around, but this time I was able to focus on everyone else. So good. It doesn’t shock me to see all the S11 queens on this AS season.

Rajah is my pick. Scarlet is so fascinating.

I also hope Ginger does well because she was done dirty on AS2. I’m so happy for Jiggly, that bitch is just radiant compared to her disposition on S4.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

resting mitch face posted:

Before AS6 aired, I rewatched part of season 11. I really think that was a good cast. Silky was overwhelming first time around, but this time I was able to focus on everyone else. So good. It doesn’t shock me to see all the S11 queens on this AS season.

I've started a season 11 rewatch, and Silky is much more bearable if you don't watch Untucked. That's where the majority of her toxicity was on display. She's just annoying and a little extra in the regular season.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

i feel like Silky wouldnt have been so annoying if Ru wasnt gassing her up all the time

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

My wife missed S11 and with Silky sorta toned down -- she's loving her right now and think she's amazing. :3: She also wants all her shirts that she's been wearing.

We still spoiling?

Ra'Jah pulling to be one of the tops is awesome - super refined and spitting hot fire still. When BKH was revealed as the assassin I just KNEW it was gonna be a double win. Two super assassins and it lived up to the hype in my head. Ru was having the time of her life - you could tell. Jiggly just hosed up so bad - that outfit was a travesty but I thought the other two looks would have kept her good. I wasn't feeling any of TKB's - esp the goddamn slacks. Gross. And Akeria's cup outfit - while impressive structurally looked stupid. But it seems they will all be back in some aspect.

Also the Miss Piggy thing was another staged thing - you can see the weird artifacts when the screen is right behind him. How loving hard is it to get a video conference schedule? Covid isn't an excuse. Especially for a puppet.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I have no sweet loving clue what Yara is doing but I love to watch her do it

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Yara has my full attention, I love that crazy bitch.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I'm rewatching everything and oh my god season 3 is insanely cringey. I forgot how good Mariah's talking heads were. I love her so much. Im also surprised it took them this long to get Yara back for all stars. Absolute top tier season imo.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

after opting-out of DRDU, i've come back for the palate cleanser of AS6 and those first two episodes were really fun. it's good to have something where there's already some queens you root for, some wildcards and some that you're sort of grimly hoping redeem themselves or get early boots. Ra'jah and Scarlet were two of my faves in S11 so i'm super happy they're both back and doing relatively well. Ra'jah in particular seems to have her eye on the prize - though if the queens start voting strategically i'd be a bit worried for her.

also that second episode lipsynch was a TREAT!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

https://twitter.com/canadasdragrace/status/1409550544365133826

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

(apparently she couldn't make it into the country, so it's not as if she's off the show altogether)

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

God dammit! There goes my small amount of interest in Canada season 2. I really like Stacey as a judge and it just contrasts how much I REALLY dislike Michelle Visage as a judge.

alf_pogs posted:

also that second episode lipsynch was a TREAT!

:yeah:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Finally, Brook will be the one woman judging panel that Ru always feared

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Pinwiz11 posted:

https://twitter.com/canadasdragrace/status/1409550544365133826

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

(apparently she couldn't make it into the country, so it's not as if she's off the show altogether)

the only decent judge on that show. drat shame.