Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

American McGay posted:

It sucks and does a disservice to one of the greatest Gameboy games of all time.

It's pretty good, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

i havent played that version but it looks cute. gb version is top 3 zelda tho

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the only bad thing ive heard is theres a new optional dungeon maker in it that's half-assed and you can completely ignore it. oh noo lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

American McGay posted:

It sucks and does a disservice to one of the greatest Gameboy games of all time.

its the same exasct game

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

I play and enjoy both versions of that excellent game, op.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Yeah I did the dungeon maker tutorial and then completely forgot it existed

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

herculon posted:

Yeah I did the dungeon maker tutorial and then completely forgot it existed

Same.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

mycophobia posted:

its the same exasct game
Oh really wow. I must have missed these in the remake then.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Lol I forgot the photographer beats the poo poo out of you if you don't play along

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

American McGay posted:

yep. the new secret seashells are bullshit.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

scary ghost dog posted:

yep. the new secret seashells are bullshit.
thank you.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Link's Awakening is the first video game I ever played so I'm biased, but the remake is fine. Not as good as the original, but I will take any opportunity to revisit Koholint Island.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Sub-Actuality posted:

I play and enjoy both versions of that excellent game, op.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Bought Mario Golf plus a preowned copy Links Awakening. thank you gamestop deals

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

extremebuff posted:

wife got links awakening on sale and we got 2 copies in the mail lol. this game is so pretty I love this style

HolePisser1982 posted:

Bought Mario Golf plus a preowned copy Links Awakening. thank you gamestop deals

drat, quick turnaround

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I forgot how surprisingly technical the Mario Golf games are. Having fun with this so far

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

drat, quick turnaround

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arrhythmia waiting outside Bob's house ready to hand off the goods to HolePisser

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

man nurse posted:

I forgot how surprisingly technical the Mario Golf games are. Having fun with this so far

i think this one’s even more granular than the others. i can’t just cheese backspin or topspin on all my shots either, you really need to focus on the carry

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Placing a dozen Enter the Gungeon Special Editions to lead Bob into a shed where I knock him out and steal Link's Awakening. I spent 800 dollars to do this.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Arrhythmia waiting outside Bob's house ready to hand off the goods to HolePisser

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Placing a dozen Enter the Gungeon Special Editions to lead Bob into a shed where I knock him out and steal Link's Awakening. I spent 800 dollars to do this.

lol

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lmao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmao

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Fungah! posted:

drat, quick turnaround

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmao

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmao

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
How's Mario Golf?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

goferchan posted:

How's Mario Golf?

Pretty fun and surprisingly deep. Speed Golf is also interesting cus you gotta run to your ball after each swing and there’s a stamina meter at play, as well as cashing in a huge chunk of it to do a super dash that can knock other players out of the way. So there’s the pull and play of taking time to adjust your shots but also firing them off before the other players get too far ahead

There’s a battle mode that I haven’t tried. I’ve mostly been getting a handle on the mechanics in adventure mode.

Seems like there’s a good mix of technical golf game and additional more arcade-y modes. I deem this game good so far.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

goferchan posted:

How's Mario Golf?

Quite well, but he can't drive as far as he wants to yet.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

American McGay posted:

this is a bad attitude for this forum.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

mycophobia posted:

its the same exasct game

it's this. come on.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

goferchan posted:

How's Mario Golf?
It's sick.