Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Bloody Emissary posted:

Overload, in particular, always does Pyro damage. Melt and Vaporize do the damage of whatever element triggered the reaction; Overload always does Pyro, Superconduct always does Cryo, and Electro-Charged always does Electro.

Good to know. Yanfei Normal-> Sucrose Burst-> Fischl skill-> Yanfei charged attacks is such a potent combo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Hmmm.. any sources on how to properly use the geo MC for the first team?

I don't know any written Geo MC guides, but this video is what made me first start to respect them (some of it might be outdated). The best thing really is to play them a lot and get a used to how constructs work and how to position them. Once you learn to play around some of the jankiness, they're really rewarding. People underestimate how much energy Geo MC can generate, the near-perma +10% CRIT Rate/interrupt resistance, and general usefulness of creating spammable obstacles.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

What sword on Chongyun?

I use Serpent Spine because I want him as main carry come hell or high water, but he can function better as support for a more burst-spam team with Sac Greatsword provided you have C2. In this case, Sucrose is more of the main carry, because she's the best to have out when all bursts are active.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Is your Sucrose a pure EM VV or do you mix it up?

I had EM sands/goblet for this run and a CRIT Rate crown, but I'm in the process of going full EM. In fact, I finally got my first 5* EM VV crown yesterday. Only took 200-something days.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
In case anyone was wondering, to get all rewards for the Legend of the Vagabond Sword event, you need 4,285 points on average per fight. To get rewards up to and including the namecard, you need 3,000 points on average per fight.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Welp. I caved and bought primogems. :negative:

But on the upside, I still got Klee regardless of it being a 50/50. :unsmith:

I've been absurdly lucky with this game, ever since Zhongli every 5* character banner that I've wished on while wanting that character I've gotten them. Aside from Albedo because I was trying to get Bennet and just lucked into getting him somehow too.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
At this point I'm unwilling to invest in c0/c1 characters further so I've been amassing resources for... someday. Gonna get something good someday. :smith: I wish someone told me how few male characters there are in this game when I was picking the MC.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Sanctum posted:

At this point I'm unwilling to invest in c0/c1 characters further so I've been amassing resources for... someday. Gonna get something good someday. :smith: I wish someone told me how few male characters there are in this game when I was picking the MC.

I had the opposite problem in that all of my teams were mostly dudes.

Can't go wrong with investing in XQ. He's up there with Bennet as being almost universally good in most comps.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

I don't know any written Geo MC guides, but this video is what made me first start to respect them (some of it might be outdated). The best thing really is to play them a lot and get a used to how constructs work and how to position them. Once you learn to play around some of the jankiness, they're really rewarding. People underestimate how much energy Geo MC can generate, the near-perma +10% CRIT Rate/interrupt resistance, and general usefulness of creating spammable obstacles.

drat I should actually build Traveler huh

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Harrow posted:

drat I should actually build Traveler huh

I built Traveler up with Anemo. Looks like I'll have to do the same as geo, now.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Sanctum posted:

If you're seriously invested in playing dude characters, the ones you've got make for a pretty good team. Kaeya/Chongyun/Xingqiu/Bennett freeze comp was the end result of my second real team composition reshuffle; it remained my go-to main team right up until Kaeya hit friendship 10 and I had to branch out.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I wouldn't say Traveler is a must build at any point really. They can be real good in certain niches and are far from bad but also nothing they do is all that exemplary compared to other characters. That said they are gonna keep getting more power sets as we unlock more regions and gain more elements for them. Odds are at least one of their future power sets will be really great and prove them to be worth investing in. Perhaps Dendro, if only for awhile while we still have little to no other units in that element.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

It is a little BS that the Traveler's best weapon is no longer obtainable. Hopefully they bring back a way to get it at some point in the near future. I think anyone who was around to get it should absolutely invest in Traveler, but if not then yeah they're not going to be able to use them to their current full potential.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Electro mc is just a battery.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I wouldn't say Traveler is a must build at any point really. They can be real good in certain niches and are far from bad but also nothing they do is all that exemplary compared to other characters. That said they are gonna keep getting more power sets as we unlock more regions and gain more elements for them. Odds are at least one of their future power sets will be really great and prove them to be worth investing in. Perhaps Dendro, if only for awhile while we still have little to no other units in that element.
Geo MC has some of the best damage + energy generation on her E for a 6 second CD ability and is peerless energy generation for geo. It is the most obnoxious ability in the game, but it's very strong.

Her ult is just flat out great too.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jun 25, 2021

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Tae posted:

Electro mc is just a battery.

But a very good one. I could see them being a contender as the best support for eula, or any carry with an expensive ult or poor energy generation for that matter.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I still have this and use it on occasion. At the start of the game it was a crazy good sword for the MC but it's a PlayStation exclusive. I currently have it on Jean.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

No Wave posted:

Geo MC has some of the best damage + energy generation on her E for a 6 second CD ability and is peerless energy generation for geo. It is the most obnoxious ability in the game, but it's very strong.

Her ult is just flat out great too.

Yeah, on my alt account I built Geo MC and she's actually pretty fun. Dropping meteors on chumps.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i've also seem some disgusting stuff with Anemo MC after the reaction buffs, curious to see if that holds up after this Abyss bias ends

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm far enough into the Abyss now that I need two teams. Looking at my roster, what two teams would you make? (Currently AR 38, for reference.)

Mostly I'm trying to figure out who I should build up who I haven't. I'm feeling pretty behind on leveling/ascending weapons and leveling artifacts for everyone except Diluc and I'm really feeling the resource crunch on artifact EXP, but at the same time that "clear floor 5-3" is just staring at me in the adventure log and I wanna check that off my list.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jun 25, 2021

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Harrow posted:

I'm far enough into the Abyss now that I need two teams. Looking at my roster, what two teams would you make? (Currently AR 38, for reference.)

Sucrose Kaeya XQ Noelle
Diluc Fischl chongyun bennet

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Harrow posted:

Mostly I'm trying to figure out who I should build up who I haven't. I'm feeling pretty behind on leveling/ascending weapons and leveling artifacts for everyone except Diluc and I'm really feeling the resource crunch on artifact EXP, but at the same time that "clear floor 5-3" is just staring at me in the adventure log and I wanna check that off my list.

Invest in that Xiangling Support-wise

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
I'd go with:
Team 1 Vape: Diluc, XQ, Sucrose, and Bennett
Team 2 Pure Pyro: Klee, Xiangling, Anemo MC(can be swapped for Kazuha if you pull), and Noelle but you could use Barbara if you wanted.

Pure pyro teams can be a little messy in the abyss at times since it's harder to sub in elements to break shields but you can do it by subbing out the anemo on the team or swapping healers.

Tanreall fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jun 25, 2021

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Were there any primo codes from the event? Was there an event?

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Bloody Emissary posted:

In case anyone was wondering, to get all rewards for the Legend of the Vagabond Sword event, you need 4,285 points on average per fight. To get rewards up to and including the namecard, you need 3,000 points on average per fight.

Welp, here's to another unfun event.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I need a list of complaints so I stop forgetting to add things to the surveys.

Here's hoping that they add more materials to the Expeditions. Philameno Mushrooms and the pearls are so annoying to find.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Traveller posted:

Welp, here's to another unfun event.

being able to use food/potions is pretty drat nice !

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

I need a list of complaints so I stop forgetting to add things to the surveys.

Here's hoping that they add more materials to the Expeditions. Philameno Mushrooms and the pearls are so annoying to find.
What are the pearls for?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

frajaq posted:

Invest in that Xiangling Support-wise

Tanreall posted:

I'd go with:
Team 1 Vape: Diluc, XQ, Sucrose, and Bennett
Team 2 Pure Pyro: Klee, Xiangling, Anemo MC(can be swapped for Kazuha if you pull), and Noelle but you could use Barbara if you wanted.

Pure pyro teams can be a little messy in the abyss at times since it's harder to sub in elements to break shields but you can do it by subbing out the anemo on the team or swapping healers.

I do like the idea of actually using Klee and Xiangling (I like them both a lot I was just already so invested in Diluc that they fell by the wayside), and thanks to Dodoco Tales I have a decent weapon for Klee at least, so I'll give that a shot. Thanks!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

No Wave posted:

What are the pearls for?

Literally nothing, right now. But I'm sure that'll change in the future and I should probably have more than 45 tbh. They're just annoying to collect and I wish I could buy or set expeditions for them instead, like Core Crystals, Cor Lapis, fireflies, violetgrass

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

No Wave posted:

What are the pearls for?

Yeah I thought loach pearls had no in habit use yet

Also thank you to the posters who assuaged my tantrum about the polearm billet in the Festering Fang quest. I didn't even notice that the tree gives you one at rank 8. Only 10 more crimson agates to go. I don't even want the spear that much since my only spear user is Xiangling and I don't use her. I just want to finish the quest.

Also, where do I find the Ice Cube boss? I have a Eula trapped at level 40 that I would like to build up, but she needs crushed ice from that fool.

Edit: ^^let me expedition for frogs god dammit, I only ever seem to have 5

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Dragonspine spear is so bad, it is so unlikely to ever find a user. It would have to be a polearm support character with a physical E/Q that scales off of something other than atk. Huge troll for the game to stick a quest in your log until you craft it (everyone crafts it eventually ofc).

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

The funniest part about that spear was back before the update went live, the official gif showcasing it had Xiangling knocking the enemy out of range of the bonus damage.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

SlimGoodbody posted:

Also, where do I find the Ice Cube boss? I have a Eula trapped at level 40 that I would like to build up, but she needs crushed ice from that fool.

Northwest Dragonspine, between Wyrmrest Valley and the Entombed City Outskirts. It's right below the waypoint there, in that circular area.

No Wave posted:

Dragonspine spear is so bad, it is so unlikely to ever find a user. It would have to be a polearm support character with a physical E/Q that scales off of something other than atk. Huge troll for the game to stick a quest in your log until you craft it (everyone crafts it eventually ofc).

I'm using it for a hybrid Phys/Cryo Rosaria. I haven't done the math to see if it'd be objectively better to go with one or the other, but it lets me take advantage of Superconduct without throwing her Cryo damage out entirely and vice versa. She's got so much ATK from her level-up stat and Crit Rate from her constellations and ascension talents that spending the weapon substat on Phys% doesn't feel like a huge loss even with an unrefined spear.

The icicle drop is like a little mini-Eula burst :D

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

Harrow posted:

I do like the idea of actually using Klee and Xiangling (I like them both a lot I was just already so invested in Diluc that they fell by the wayside), and thanks to Dodoco Tales I have a decent weapon for Klee at least, so I'll give that a shot. Thanks!

No problem, the team does require you to like playing Klee, so if she ends up not being your cup of tea don't force it as there are other teams in your list that are very good.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Bloody Emissary posted:

Northwest Dragonspine, between Wyrmrest Valley and the Entombed City Outskirts. It's right below the waypoint there, in that circular area.

I'm using it for a hybrid Phys/Cryo Rosaria. I haven't done the math to see if it'd be objectively better to go with one or the other, but it lets me take advantage of Superconduct without throwing her Cryo damage out entirely and vice versa. She's got so much ATK from her level-up stat and Crit Rate from her constellations and ascension talents that spending the weapon substat on Phys% doesn't feel like a huge loss even with an unrefined spear.

The icicle drop is like a little mini-Eula burst :D
The issue is, for that build I imagibe crescent pike is better due to its fat base atk and dealing more damage with left clicks anyways due to its balanced passive. Although if you have cryo cup maybe the giant phys% on DSpine spear makes a big difference...

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

No Wave posted:

The issue is, for that build crescent pike is much better due to its fat base atk and dealing more damage with left clicks anyways due to its balanced passive.

Oh, sure, but I'm already using my Crescent Pike to prop up a different suboptimal build (AA-using Zhongli) and switching weapons back and forth is inconvenient.

Besides, the spear matches her color scheme :colbert:

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Bloody Emissary posted:

Oh, sure, but I'm already using my Crescent Pike to prop up a different suboptimal build (AA-using Zhongli) and switching weapons back and forth is inconvenient.

Besides, the spear matches her color scheme :colbert:

This is the logic we need. This is why I need to take skyward atlas off Klee and put on dodoco tales.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i really did go ore broke raising dodoco tales to 90 for no reason

it's hard to offset the 30% crit from LP...

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I got a couple of upgrades for my PC and started playing this on a second, non-Playstation account for laughs. Somehow I'd forgotten how much Dragonspine sucks. The frost debuff is fine initially but after a while it's just a pain in the rear end. When something like that boils down to an inconvenience, you might as well just give a workaround for it.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Harrow posted:

You have an outstanding pyro right now who can carry you to Abyss nine which is where a lot of the advice you're getting seems to be directed. You don't need to add or level anybody to clear five and six. You could do it right now with a pyro and freeze comp.

I would also put XQ on your second team because you are not going to need to put him with diluc until maybe Abyss 10. Right now he offers incredible synergy with just about any second team you would build and it will get you deeper faster.

IMO you should be looking at building a non pyro carry rather than a second pyro team and investing in two more pyros. Cryo and freeze provide tremendous advantages in deeper Abyss so I would start getting used to using them to your advantage. My friend levelled Klee Diluc and Hu tao and has really suffering trying to clear deeper Abyss because they don't have any flexibility.

XL is outstanding support and a decent choice if you like her play style but I don't think I would invest in raising a level 20 5 star klee to 70 if your goal is to clear the abyss through say eight. Klee is fragile and demands attack cancel fuckery so I would make a really sure you want to use her before you make a huge investment in her that's going to keep you from leveling other characters.

Anemo MC was also a good call out and unless you get an outstanding anemo through gacha will do a whole lot for you on certain Abyss floors with the VV debuff and the incredible aggro their skill gains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Stare-Out posted:

I got a couple of upgrades for my PC and started playing this on a second, non-Playstation account for laughs. Somehow I'd forgotten how much Dragonspine sucks. The frost debuff is fine initially but after a while it's just a pain in the rear end. When something like that boils down to an inconvenience, you might as well just give a workaround for it.

It truly sucks so loving bad. It sucks so bad that "food that makes it suck slightly less" is the reward for a fairly difficult quest and I'm HYPED to have it. I don't know what they were thinking to have it suck so bad. Even after you ascent the mountain and free the nail that caused it all, the mechanic stays the same. Like at least cut it in half or something, fuckin hell.