Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Prince

Jestery posted:

I mean , this is a weird case of technology marching forward aiding a book

Having the sky be an utter monochromatic blue would suit the story almost as well

And I heard some people who imaged it line a test channel, full of neon colours and hard lines

People in the Southwest: "you mean the sky comes in other colours?"
Bizarre that I never imagined a pattern. It kinda makes sense. The first time I visited Tokyo though, and looked up at the sky at night (a very moody, drizzly overcast sky at that), I understood exactly what the book was trying to convey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
yeah I pictured it as a dark, luminescent grey, and thought it was a really artful and evocative way to put it, but it's really funny how much damage time has done to that imagery

also holy poo poo hehehehe

I'm so tickled by this <3

Finger Prince

Cubone posted:

yeah I pictured it as a dark, luminescent grey, and thought it was a really artful and evocative way to put it, but it's really funny how much damage time has done to that imagery

also

holy poo poo hehehehe

I'm so tickled by this <3

Yeah, even solid blue is anachronistic now. Kids These Days would be like "huh.

that's kinda weird."

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Finger Prince posted:

Yeah, even solid blue is anachronistic now. Kids These Days would be like "huh.

that's kinda weird."

"we apologise for the inconvenience"

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Yinlock

a party crasher at the last supper

xcheopis

Yinlock posted:

Party crasher: YOLO!
Jesus: Well...

Finger Prince

Yinlock posted:

Take, eat. This is my body which is broken for you. Do this in remembrance... Alright who the ate all the drat canapés.

Ventral EggSac

Yinlock posted:

who me? I'm uh, the bride's cousin

Prurient Squid

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
Cadets, recite the Catechism of Space.

Yinlock

xcheopis posted:

Party crasher: YOLO!
Jesus: Well...

Finger Prince posted:

Take, eat. This is my body which is broken for you. Do this in remembrance... Alright who the ate all the drat canapés.

Ventral EggSac posted:

who me? I'm uh, the bride's cousin

Jesus: Truly, truly, I say to you, one of you will betray me.

Me: *around a mouthful of food* hahaha oh poo poo

Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
looks like Elijah needs a refill on his glass of wine

Thanks gibb3h!

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
drat nice sig jefe

RavenousScoot

drinking a giant fishbowl cocktail out of a full size paper grocery bag at the train station

xcheopis

RavenousScoot posted:

drinking a giant fishbowl cocktail out of a full size paper grocery bag at the train station

Getting a job in a salt mine so that my margarita is juuuuust right.

Ventral EggSac

Yinlock posted:

Jesus: Truly, truly, I say to you, one of you will betray me.

Me: *around a mouthful of food* hahaha oh poo poo

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

looks like Elijah needs a refill on his glass of wine

yo is it me or does the food in this place taste like straight nazarene hillbilly sweat haha. Anyways is this seat taken?
[I sit down at the table across form everyone else at the party]

Ventral EggSac

E:Oops double post

RavenousScoot posted:

passersby keep sucking on the straws im not using and I have to swat them away

Ventral EggSac fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Jun 25, 2021

RavenousScoot

liveleak video called Man Gets Hit by Car and it's just a sationary car punching him with one of those extendable boxing gloves

Prurient Squid

Everyone's just going about their business and then a sign emerges from the ground flashing neon saying "GO APE" and then all hell breaks lose and they just start acting like orang utan and howling and climbing trees and poo poo.

RavenousScoot

Prurient Squid posted:

Everyone's just going about their business and then a sign emerges from the ground flashing neon saying "GO APE" and then all hell breaks lose and they just start acting like orang utan and howling and climbing trees and poo poo.

you're going about your business and a sign emerges from the ground flashing neon saying "GO, APE!" and a gorilla jumps over you on a motorcycle and everyone cheers (which gets out of hand and they just start acting like orangutans and howling and climbing trees and poo poo)

xcheopis

RavenousScoot posted:

you're going about your business and a sign emerges from the ground flashing neon saying "GO, APE!" and a gorilla jumps over you on a motorcycle and everyone cheers (which gets out of hand and they just start acting like orangutans and howling and climbing trees and flinging poo poo)

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Ventral EggSac

RavenousScoot posted:

you're going about your business and a sign emerges from the ground flashing neon saying "GO, APE!" and a gorilla jumps over you on a motorcycle and everyone cheers (which gets out of hand and they just start acting like orangutans and howling and climbing trees and flinging poo poo)

gowb

should barbbers be required to trim your pubic hair if you request it, and other fun questions about society and government

----------------

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
there's a game on at packer's stadium, racuous crowd, team's on a winning streak, everybody is really into it.

suddenly, the jumbotron reads "GO ORANGUTAN"

everybody suddenly falls silent as they contemplate the moment in which they live

----------------

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"next up here at southerby's is lot #48625, an antique flashing neon sign shaped in the words 'GO APE'"

[light gets turned on to demonstrate, as people instantly go from posh and reserved to slinging handfuls of poop to reserved and (now) poop-covered as the sign blinks off and on.]

----------------

Ventral EggSac

are you obligated to throw feces at passersby when the GO APE sign comes out of the ground, and other fun questions about society and government

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
fox news segment "IS IT UNPATRIOTIC TO GO APE?"

----------------

nut

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

fox news segment "IS IT UNPATRIOTIC TO GO APE?"

nut

what you don’t know about going ape could kill you

RavenousScoot

a voyeuristic bang bus spinoff series where they have sex as openly as possible during rush hour called SexTraffic

RavenousScoot

an enterprising youth starts a fruit preserve stand after realizing that old people are wasting their time stepping on berries, the line is labelled TrafficJam because he just throws garbage bags of fruit into the road

Dip Viscous
an american writing a song about spelling worcestershire sauce right on the first try

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nut posted:

what you don’t know about going ape could kill you

and coming up on hour seven of the today show, doctor oz will be here to show you the best diet tips to maximize your poo poo-flinging when that sign pops up...

----------------

Prurient Squid

A fish in a tank that looks fine when seen in profile but when you see from the front it makes you uncomfortable. There's just something wrong about it.

Jestery

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Prurient Squid posted:

A fish in a tank that looks fine when seen in profile but when you see from the front it makes you uncomfortable. There's just something wrong about it.

Lol

I almost have that with my little buddy

FactsAreUseless

An optimistic but ill-considered public service campaign with the slogan "I Believe In Mental Health."

Ventral EggSac

RavenousScoot posted:

a voyeuristic bang bus spinoff series where they have sex as openly as possible during rush hour called SexTraffic

It's very stop and start so they keep falling over, there's a long interlude where they negotiate with the tollbooth operator cause no one has any change ("We're naked, maam")

google THIS

Hey, hey piano man check this out, I'm gonna gently caress this gin and tonic

more falafel please

forums poster

Hey Davey, why the gently caress haven't you retired yet?

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Prurient Squid

Hyper advanced post-scarcity aliens accidentally wipe out all the buildings and infrastructure on Earth with a ray beam and then relax their rule on non-sharing of advanced technology with inferior races by offering to reconstuct everything with their replicators exactly as described with no concept of how this may be abused.

e: So one guy claims he lived in a solid gold pyramid with a harem of sex robots and they just let him have it because they've lost the ability to comprehend how a sentient being might decieve another for material gain.

Prurient Squid fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jul 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Made of Meat

FactsAreUseless posted:

An optimistic but ill-considered public service campaign with the slogan "I Believe In Mental Health."

In the 1970s, there was a very ill-considered public service campaign with the slogan (and theme song), "VD is for everybody (not just for a few)."

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!