Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The World Inferno posted:

A lot of modern role playing games start this way. If you haven't tried it yourself, I can get where you're coming from, but it's not as much of a 'shackle' as you'd imagine. You're still making up the story, so you can burn or create whatever things you (or the DM) wants.

I played one like this I can't remember the name of the system but I was pretty bored the whole time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Bugsy posted:

Glad to hear the Besties finally getting some add revenue.

They should give them the munch squad

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

MBMBAM live show is starting momentarily, Sawbones is opening.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Post Live Show edit:

:siren: :siren: :siren: IF YOU HAVENT SEEN THE LIVE SHOW YET. STOP HERE. THERE ARE SPOILERS IN THE POSTS BEYOND THIS POINT. THE SHOW IS WORTH WATCHING UNSPOILED. :siren: :siren: :siren:

It's just old beef.

Zero One fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jun 26, 2021

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Zero One posted:

It's just old beef.

This was where my head immediately went also

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Lol at Clint sharing the photos.

Travis really has a look.

Zero One fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jun 26, 2021

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Oof, Griffin thinks Monet did the Mona Lisa. He’s really bringing down the sophisticated identity of the podcast.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Oh my god, it's minion quotes.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Only hardcore

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

The screenshot of Christian the vampire, Travis doing Work of Fart, and Griffin looking absolutely defeated is absolutely phenomenal. This show owns.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

the hat trick!

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

oh my GOD

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

oh my god travis with the perfect guess, inc redible

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
TRAVIS FOR THE HAT TRICK

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

HAT TRICK HOLY poo poo

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
:siren: GOAL :siren:

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

God drat that was fun

Numbuh 212
Feb 19, 2013

Yeah that was incredible. Justin's never gonna do minion quotes again, but it was so worth it

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
boys being lazy

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

The World Inferno posted:

It's no DePiglio but still delightful <3.

Shmorby will not run at you like a badass.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Congrats to Mister Slice aka Mike Mitchell, we're one step closer to the crossover

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Travis was the best part of the Munch Squad, though the post credits scene of today's podcast was amazing.

Behold a desperate, desperate man.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

was the live show good this time? worth the :10bux:?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
hahahaha I’m listening to TAZ prologue finale now and I had no idea that’s how Winter works, holy poo poo

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

hahahaha I’m listening to TAZ prologue finale now and I had no idea that’s how Winter works, holy poo poo

Even though there's an obvious bar showing how much of the episode is left, there's still a good deal of suspense because part of it is Griffin doing an epilogue of sorts to wrap up what happens

The ending is loving good

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
The ending is the prologue that the entire Quiet Year campaign should have been. The premise that this was the set up to another campaign set expectations too high, personally.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Nah I really enjoyed it from start to finish. A laid back brainstorming session, essentially. It slotted real well into my commute.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Sankis posted:

was the live show good this time? worth the :10bux:?

I skipped the Candlenights one but I liked this one much more than the other live show.

Also: no Munch Squad!

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Chieves posted:

I skipped the Candlenights one but I liked this one much more than the other live show.

Also: no Munch Squad!

Hmmm the one time they charge people to watch, they don't do a munch squad.

:tinfoil:Follow the money.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I was really hoping Ol Uncle Joshey would become a ballester but I'll settle for his big box store

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Griffin decided to get on the good social media platform and post good content.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMdmD269K/

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/justinmcelroy/status/1410570130845732872?s=21

2006 Travis I’m sorry but your nu-metal band is never going to take off

2006 Sydnee you should dump that loser and go out with me!!!

2006 Griffin…….oh man even I would bully you and I looked like poo poo back then and am three years younger than you

Justin and Clint look basically the same

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Are they Scottish?

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Their last name IS McElroy.

But then again, I too have a Scottish last name, and ancestry.com suggests I’m only like 2% Scottish. That was weird, since my family played up Scottishness my whole life.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

For anybody that didn't want to listen to TQY episodes, there is a fifteen minute episode that acts as a summary before the Episode 0/1/whatever next week. There's also some more maps at bit.ly/EtherseaMaps detailing the end result of the underwater city of Founder's Wake.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Escobarbarian posted:

https://twitter.com/justinmcelroy/status/1410570130845732872?s=21

2006 Travis I’m sorry but your nu-metal band is never going to take off

2006 Sydnee you should dump that loser and go out with me!!!

2006 Griffin…….oh man even I would bully you and I looked like poo poo back then and am three years younger than you

Justin and Clint look basically the same

In every picture of Travis from the last ~12 years he looks exactly the same, and every picture from before then he looks completely different.

thecluckmeme posted:

For anybody that didn't want to listen to TQY episodes, there is a fifteen minute episode that acts as a summary before the Episode 0/1/whatever next week. There's also some more maps at bit.ly/EtherseaMaps detailing the end result of the underwater city of Founder's Wake.

I did listen to them and could still use the summary.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Yeah, wow, Travis is unrecognizable. I'm figuring out which one is him through context clues, trying to stare at the picture until it makes sense, and it still doesn't look like him

maybe he got replaced by a pod person

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Good anniversary date, mine is tomorrow

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Our anniversary is 6/9 and it just happened to be a good date anyways for the thing to happen on but you can be drat sure I also pushed for that out of all the available days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Unfortunately 2006 Travis could get it.

Edit: Griffin could get it now but not in 2006, Justin could it then or now, any day of the week, anywhere. Same with Sydnee.

Evelyn Nesbit fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jul 1, 2021