Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Schwarzwald posted:

My school was incredibly strict about that. I remember my dad being called from work because I wore blue jeans without a belt. He was so pissed they wasted his time that he tried to pull me out of the district.

I always felt, both as a kid and now as an adult, too many school admin types take these kinds of rules way too seriously. I get the impression that some people just love lording what little power they can get their hands on over whoever they can.

Vintage Valiant (Dec. 02, 1945)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Saw a Ask Reddit youtube vid about worst job interviews people have had and each one of these is legit. All together I can see happening too.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Ed is going to wonder why Dustin never calls once he finally moves out.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

readingatwork posted:

Ed is going to wonder why Dustin never calls once he finally moves out.

Not before he starts demanding that he pays back all that free rent he abused as he lived home!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Sure, they are immune to extreme heat and cold, but are they immune to Moderate-High Heat and extreme humidity/Dew Point?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popcom

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Because I was curious, adults aged 19–34 are down to 15.6% according to the 2020 census (not accounting for whatever issues were introduced by the pandemic census).

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Wait, wait wait. Wait. Wait.

...what?!?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Fire is a basic element, so it can be defeated by ancient illusion magicks. You just have to make the universe think the right way for a bit.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

I don't mind this one. The plot as a whole surrounding Gunther and Bets sucks, but this strip taken on its own is alright.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

:stare:

The Family Circus

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Julet Esqu posted:

I don't mind this one. The plot as a whole surrounding Gunther and Bets sucks, but this strip taken on its own is alright.

One of the , exceedingly few, Luann strips I had a chuckle at.

Tiffany knows what's up, and Gunther , as usual, is his usual gormless self

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Powered Descent posted:

The Family Circus

I feel like I did this as a child.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Pretty sure they still broke numerous laws.

Mary Worth

It's not Boxing Wilburbabies but I support these dream sequences.

The Phantom

Instead of...waterskiing?

Pooch Cafe

It should be going E to F. :colbert:

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

LazyQ
Feb 22, 2011

Mämmilä (May 14, 1994)

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Julet Esqu posted:

weird its like luann is mildly interesting when it doesnt involve luann or bernice :thunk:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

"For the Ghost Who Supports Capital Punishment".

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Julet Esqu posted:

Especially with the slight smile at the end.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Johnny Aztec posted:

One of the , exceedingly few, Luann strips I had a chuckle at.

Tiffany knows what's up, and Gunther , as usual, is his usual gormless self

“Gormless” is the perfect word to describe Gunther.

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

It's not Boxing Wilburbabies but I support these dream sequences.

The dream sequences are so much better than anything else in this boomer-rear end strip.

Also want to add that the latest selection of Ballard Streets are absolute gold.

Posting from the train today because I’m on my way to the comics exhibition!

Classic Zits

:(

Sylvia

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Johnny Walker posted:

Pretty sure they still broke numerous laws.

It's a heist plot where Mark said to Bro's face "yes, we're pulling a heist on you!" and instead of that causing problems I guess everybody is just leaving. :shrug:

OK he said "you'll pay for this" so maybe tomorrow.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

EasyEW posted:

Crankshaft

but if it's telescopic shouldn't it be more compact in the packaging ? I'm not sure they fully thought this one out

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
https://twitter.com/joekjoek/status/1401600633728233472

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Curtis

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
The Far Side

Pickles

Zits

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Moominwinter

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

John Allison posted:

I know a couple of people who took the fireman exam. They were both insanely good at press-ups and had no fear of "the bleep test". It was a while ago, so I can't vouch for the absolute accuracy of today's comic, but let's take a moment to thank the brave people who fight fire and save lives worldwide. Thanks!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

you broke my grill posted:

but if it's telescopic shouldn't it be more compact in the packaging ? I'm not sure they fully thought this one out

I think the joke is that they shipped it in its extended state not its collapsed state

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Where is my Moomin themed miniature wargame?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

War gaming with cigar chompin' Ms Fluffins.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I believe this is one of the Far Sides where the newspaper publishers mixed up the caption and people were incredibly confused.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

Bobulus posted:

I believe this is one of the Far Sides where the newspaper publishers mixed up the caption and people were incredibly confused.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Oh wow, Santanen was actually just pretending??? I wonder how well this team is going to co-operate, considering the threats he made at Rane while drunk. Also Rane's girlfriend has made some really bad choices, it feels like :(

(Also these latest Moomins strips are precious!)

(Also also I really hope this Luann situation resolves in a nice way, but it probably won't)

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Bobulus posted:

Yeah, the Far Side for the previous day was about slugs worshiping a salt shaker, with the caption "Eeny-oonah wanah! ... Eeny-oonah wanah! ... Eeny-oonah wanah!"

A newspaper in Ohio printed that caption for the treehouse cartoon.

Larson: "And how many letters did I have forwarded to me asking for an explanation? Don't ask."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

"I'll post after work, it's a morning shift." "Hey Doomy you know that guy who calls out every two weeks without fail and only on days you're working?" FFFFFFFFFF-

Jucika "98 - Jucika Is Looking For A Job"

"Second panel rough translation: Report, Biography"

Anti-horny birb. Also able to work a typewriter, hell of a bird...

"Jucika Presents The New Swimsuit Trend" NSFW Nudity

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Somebody posted that one with the mixed-up caption either here or the previous thread. It's great.

Dinky Dinkerton and Flyin' Jenny Dec. 12th, 1940

"In hindsight, perhaps aviation was the wrong career choice."

Axa

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Doomykins posted:

"Jucika Presents The New Swimsuit Trend" NSFW Nudity

That kind of titty swimsuit was apparently a real thing in the 60s, but didn't become a trend.

Wikipedia's monokini article has pics (with nipples)

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
I love the word "monokini," because it's etymology comes from "bikini" (two-piece to one-piece)...except that "bikini" is actually from Micronesian and comes to us via an unexpected vector; it's a false etymology.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1946

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Pearls Before Swine

Skippy (November 14, 1933)

Peanuts, in which Chuck gets drafted. (June 28, 1974)

Authorial Insertbean

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (January 25, 1938)

Out Our Way (November 23-25, 1936)

Another day for shortcuts from me, but you still get Blondie From Zero, featuring an epic double-cross. (October 20-22, 1930)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jun 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I went to the comics exhibit at the MCA today and don't feel like sorting through pics right now, but have a teaser image:

And now for regular comics:
2018 Spiderman

1979 comics

I think this arc's goal is to make you hate literally every single person in it.

Locher Tracy

Origins of the Sunday Comics

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Mandrake

Something about the fact that they refuse to call it the Mona Lisa is killing me.

Johnny Hazard