Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

I genuinely don't know what Cornette fans want, they turned on FTR when they went to AEW who were the most Cornette wrestlers in the last 10 years. I'm sure during Yuka's tour in AEW they'll poo poo all over her for being a 12 year old even though she's almost 30

Marko's almost 25 too, he just has Andy Milinakas' disease where he's going to look like a child basically forever.

Cornette fans want to hate something. That makes them better people.

Cornette wanted Tony Khan to give him a job.

When that didn't happen, his show was the worst thing ever (tm)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jonny Nox posted:

Cornette fans want to hate something. That makes them better people.

Cornette wanted Tony Khan to give him a job.

When that didn't happen, his show was the worst thing ever (tm)

Yup. See also: Russo, Vince

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

thankfully no one's brought any Jody The Wrestler takes in.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

flashy_mcflash posted:

Yup. See also: Russo, Vince

Does Russo still believe AEW and WWE are secretly working together?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Russo thinks smoking weed onstream makes him cool.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Kenny Omega is most likely bisexual, and at the very least the character of Kenny Omega was in a work relationship with the character Kota Ibushi. That is the sole reason Cornette and his band of slobbering morons call Kenny weak. They're homophobic idiots. It's that simple.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

coconono posted:

Russo thinks smoking weed onstream makes him cool.

In his teenage son's bedroom.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Pope Corky the IX posted:

In his teenage son's bedroom.

I thought that was his office.

Excessively hosed up if he did that in his kid's room

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Either it was his kid's bedroom or he decorates his office the exact same way a fifteen year old boy would.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Either it was his kid's bedroom or he decorates his office the exact same way a fifteen year old boy would.

With Russo both are equally as likely.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
SCjerk and Cornette fans are just 4chan's wrestling board but trying to wrap their bigotry in a pretense of legitimate criticism instead of screaming it as loudly as they can.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

MJeff posted:

SCjerk and Cornette fans are just 4chan's wrestling board but trying to wrap their bigotry in a pretense of legitimate criticism instead of screaming it as loudly as they can.
Before DGN was a thing, I used to watch DG livestreams with a chat. It turned out to be a bunch of 4chan people, but even they were overall surprisingly respectful toward Yosuke Santa Maria and talking about DG's roster of pretty men. So they've even got that over SCJ/Cornette fans, who get all "but sjws" over anyone who challenges their totally hetero love for big beefy 80s men grapplefucking in briefs.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

marko stunt is a good promo.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Ringo Roadagain posted:

marko stunt is a good promo.

:hmmyes: also iirc isn’t Marko Stunt’s “day job”, as it were, more along the lines of liaison to parts of the independent wrestling world in the US with a sideline in talent scouting? Like, he’s not there to peel the strap off Kenny, and everyone is on the same page about this, so Idk what that dude’s problem even is

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Also, crowds like Marko

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SatansOnion posted:

:hmmyes: also iirc isn’t Marko Stunt’s “day job”, as it were, more along the lines of liaison to parts of the independent wrestling world in the US with a sideline in talent scouting? Like, he’s not there to peel the strap off Kenny, and everyone is on the same page about this, so Idk what that dude’s problem even is

This is the first I've heard of Marko having a backroom job

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

I could very well be wrong. probably am, come to think. please pay little mind to my brain farts

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he's too small for a job like that. people aren't allowed to have a job unless they're the same size as what you'r esupposed to be. i am a groundwater engineer but if i gain 20lbs and 1 inch of height i could go into my true passion of protein synthesis

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Cavauro posted:

he's too small for a job like that. people aren't allowed to have a job unless they're the same size as what you'r esupposed to be. i am a groundwater engineer but if i gain 20lbs and 1 inch of height i could go into my true passion of protein synthesis

But if you grew 2 inches and 13 lbs, you could be mitochondria....the powerhouse of the cell.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that doesn't make any sense to me. i'm probably not understanding your style of humor. my post was about the absurdity of wrestlers needing to be of a certain body type when that concept fundamentally makes the art less interesting.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

El Gallinero Gros posted:

mitochondria....the Powerhouse Hobbs of the cell.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/AEWNeckbeards/status/1408064642362998786
https://twitter.com/Mind_of_Meltzer/status/1407528939812175886

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
ngl i can't really find any humor in gimmick accounts that spend half their time making GBS threads out bigotry

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Yeah, no, I'm reporting the poo poo out of AEW Neckbeards. What an absolutely hateful account.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
"No, I'm being ironically racist and misogynist. As a joke! Get it? GET IT?"

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I am once again asking people to just post funny bad takes instead of outright racism

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Here's a dumb take I came across this morning regarding the AEW video game:

quote:

The game won’t make that 8 million back. It’ll be lucky to make a million.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i hope the cool aew game comes out on switch, gods own console

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
This has taught me people really do not understand how lucrative a video game that you own free and clear is. AEW is publishing it themselves, right?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm sure there are percentages they have to pay out to Yukes, but yeah, that's going to be all profit.

I hope they do patches/DLCs to consistently update the roster instead of trying to make new games every couple years.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they set up a game publishing branch or company so i would expect a new main console game at least every 2 years once things get going smoothly w/ that

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that's due to funds and cash

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Benne posted:

I am once again asking people to just post funny bad takes instead of outright racism

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Benne posted:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Benne posted:

bartok
May 10, 2006

Nothing like being "ironically" racist and homophobic because the podcast from a failed wrestling promoter and third rate manager holds a grudge against a wrestling promotion for refusing to do business with him because he's a racist homophobic piece of poo poo.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pylons posted:

Here's a dumb take I came across this morning regarding the AEW video game:

This take is double dumb because the video game investment was “8-figures” not “8 million,” not that I expect dummies to be detail oriented.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

lol there's already such a glut of "BUH DUH OPINYONS???" about Sasha being an antivax dipshit.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Yardbomb posted:

lol there's already such a glut of "BUH DUH OPINYONS???" about Sasha being an antivax dipshit.

and you don't even have to look very far!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

JUNGLE BOY posted:

and you don't even have to look very far!

D e e p l y u p s e t