Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

my bony fealty posted:

may I remind you he is the literal child of a bay of pigs participant

he’s a child of a Cuban who got conned into siding with the us lol. everything about him is a joke. he can’t even be the son of a cool James Bond. his goatee is probably genetic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Google Butt posted:

Hey what was the movie/documentary about the alien landing in Africa or something like that?

that turned out to be a psyop by the Hillary campaign to discredit Obama

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Google Butt posted:

Hey what was the movie/documentary about the alien landing in Africa or something like that?

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

has anyone come across a proposal to search historical radar records? the report mentioned that at the conclusion and wondering what that would entail from a technical standpoint

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

lmao

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Google Butt posted:

this doc talked about it a bit:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13095604/

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
The report admitted more than I expected. I don't know what some of you wanted but lol, lmao.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

https://filedn.com/lA1dAM6GJzOy8eCDm2eVX88/uap/Sky-Lighting.mp4

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

This one looks like a nighttime rocket launch that maybe exploded before it made it to orbit, or didn't, that might be the booster stage descending near the end there?

They launched a Falcon 9 (successfully) from Vandenberg at night once and all over LA people were pulling their cars over and getting out to look at the insane lights and clouds in the sky. I parked by my apartment and about five people were standing there gaping at the display and asking if it was aliens. I knew about the launch but I was surprised by how bright it was smack dab in the middle of the city.

This video kinda reminds me of that.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

only included events with multiple sensors since 2004

lol

1 of 144 cherry picked events explained

lmao

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Zisky posted:

This one looks like a nighttime rocket launch that maybe exploded before it made it to orbit, or didn't, that might be the booster stage descending near the end there?
ESA launch site in guyana probably. bet the driver is somewhere in northern brazil and is seeing the rocket blow up over the atlantic

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 10:14 on Jun 26, 2021

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Tekne posted:

you just wait until lil goatee drops his uap mixtape

i just don't know why they had to go through this guy to force all these agencies/department to work together on spacemans https://media.defense.gov/2021/Jun/...ASSESSMENTS.PDF

after some thought, i think this may actually be more exciting than the uap report itself.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

CODChimera posted:

so what happens next? we just go back to our lives?

When prophecy fails you either move on or dig in.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Communist Thoughts posted:

its sort of a null result instead of a negative though, right? further evidence that there is 'something' (even if the evidence is bs?) being seen/recorded, including explicitly mentioning there are more cases that haven't been shared yet. even claiming that, the report utterly fails to provide additional evidence to justify those claims ofc so we're basically in the same spot we were 24 hours ago

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

The guy promoting the idea that these US drones might be Chinese alien ghosts is an obvious agent of the government and professional liar but that just makes what he says twice as true

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Delta-Wye posted:

its sort of a null result instead of a negative though, right? further evidence that there is 'something' (even if the evidence is bs?) being seen/recorded, including explicitly mentioning there are more cases that haven't been shared yet. utterly fails to provide additional evidence to justify those claims ofc, so we're basically in the same spot we were 24 hours ago

Before the report the thread was sure that the gov was warming us up to the idea of aliens so they could release detailed evidence of flying saucers or maybe astral ghosts. Maybe even admitting they'd been in contact with aliens for decades!

The actual report doesn't even mention aliens as a possibility and places plastic bags as more likely

Tho obvs some of the people still committed to the prophecy are going "ah but if you read between the lines..."

Communist Thoughts has issued a correction as of 11:24 on Jun 26, 2021

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Sleekly posted:

that would be the worst....turbo nerds who are us
Captain's log: A new species has discovered warp drive technology and we have made first contact. We recommend suspending contact with for 2 generations after the humans were invited onto the USS Enterprise and almost immediately broke the replicator while demanding that it produce Ligma.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Delta-Wye posted:

its sort of a null result instead of a negative though, right?

yeah, we're pretty much where we were at before the report. it's just the government repeating what they already said: UFOs are real, some of them might be caused by non-human poo poo. no u cannot have details :smug:

to debunkers this apparently means...aliens fake???

lol

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Before the report the thread was sure that the gov was warming us up to the idea of aliens so they could release detailed evidence of flying saucers or maybe astral ghosts. Maybe even admitting they'd been in contact with aliens for decades!

The actual report doesn't even mention aliens

what the gently caress do you think "other" implies, in the context of UFOs (real, spotted by eyes and sensors, not some radar spoof poo poo) doing seemingly impossible maneuvers, u ding dong lmao

and places plastic bags as more likely

no it doesn't. it lists bags as an example of aerial clutter.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Pooky posted:

The report admitted more than I expected. I don't know what some of you wanted but lol, lmao.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

The non human stuff they mentioned was plastic bags, the weather and birds lol not spacemen

"in some cases of UFOs there's evidence of something there, we think its mundane but we haven't looked very hard can we have some more money and underlings" is pretty much the report.

Id recommend people read the report since it's short instead of getting it second hand but both the ufoailures and the handsome skeptics are just gonna read what they want to read out of it.

Rah! posted:

what the gently caress do you think "other" implies, in the context of UFOs (real, spotted by eyes and sensors, not some radar spoof poo poo) doing seemingly impossible maneuvers, u ding dong lmao

no it doesn't. it lists bags as an example of aerial clutter.

This is a good example, they give a detailed list of perfectly reasonable, mundane things the uaps could be then finally have an Other section that just says "there are probably other categories that we haven't included here that we need more scientists employees to identify" and you jump to space men lol
(sorry, space men and time travellers)

Noteably the possibility of aliens is not raised anywhere in the report and this other section is the life raft the ufoailures cling to since aliens could technically be included under Other phenomena

Communist Thoughts has issued a correction as of 12:52 on Jun 26, 2021

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
photino birds

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

i was hoping for more from the report, but its funny that people are ignoring that it didn't say "its not aliens you freaks" and it also acknowledges that some of the UFOs performed seemingly impossible maneuvers, and also has an "other" category for possible explanations, which basically only has room in it for aliens or time travelers or interdimensional poo poo or whatever

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

how did anyone not expect this?

lol

thats what the US military does, and we've always known he was an intelligence officer. Why believe any of the navy pilots either? We only going to look at civilian reports from now on?

America being shitler land doesn't mean that 80 years of UFO reports or all the navy stuff since 2004 is fake lmao

the lil weak babby report confirms UFOs are real and that aliens are a possible explanation for some of them, but now people are upset they didnt get the white house saying "UFOs ARE 100% ALIENS HERES A VIDEO OF AN ALIEN DOING THE MACARENA," therefore UFOs are definitely a psyop now
:smug:

Rah! has issued a correction as of 13:00 on Jun 26, 2021

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

WEH posted:

we wait until July 18th

getting all q as gently caress in here

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

cool and good UFO believers itt: "the report will probably not include much, if anything new, let alone proof of aliens, but that would be cool if it did. Also this lue guy looks like a fuckin weirdo"
sad and weak UFO debunkers: "wow look ur prophecy failed checkmate UFailures ur messiah is a fake" :smug:

lol

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

GWBBQ posted:

Captain's log: A new species has discovered warp drive technology and we have made first contact. We recommend suspending contact with for 2 generations after the humans were invited onto the USS Enterprise and almost immediately broke the replicator while demanding that it produce Ligma.

Captains log: so i was supposed to park the Enterprise for some meeting or something near Ye Olde Earth but i musta hit the button to time travel instead of park and now some mouthy dudes called the "United States" are all pissed

Kirk is gonna kill me when he sobers up

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Rah! posted:

cool and good UFO believers itt: "the report will probably not include much, if anything new, let alone proof of aliens, but that would be cool if it did. Also this lue guy looks like a fuckin weirdo"
sad and weak UFO debunkers: "wow look ur prophecy failed checkmate UFailures ur messiah is a fake" :smug:

lol

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

it included the pre-eminemt mil force (excluding the nazis in antarctica and mayve the Atlanteans) saying "i dont know" which is more than i expected tbh

e: they said "i dont know" like 100 times with all their metal gear poo poo

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Reasonable ufoailure vs crazy skeptic

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

no idea what is going on here but it loving stinks

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Well I guess we'll all find out come aaiitee!!!

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
they're not "aliens" if they're already living here. Do you consider dolphins (which is exactly who's flying these tic tacs) aliens because they don't have a green card?

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Mrenda posted:

they're not "aliens" if they're already living here. Do you consider dolphins (which is exactly who's flying these tic tacs) aliens because they don't have a green card?

it squid not dolphins

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

this is all part of the intergalactic squid vs octopus war

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Lobstermen you credulous rubes

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Barry Foster posted:

Lobstermen you credulous rubes

crabs

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

anyone got a spare shovel?

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Reasonable ufoailure vs crazy skeptic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Aliens don't care about us or are very stupid and believe our politicians know best/have our best interests in mind so I say gently caress'em let's try to steal their poo poo now