Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Captain Monkey posted:

That does look a lot closer to what I get. Prescription I assume?

Ayuh. At least, I needed it strong enough to be prescribed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Effective-Disorder posted:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fugitive-software-magnate-john-mcafee-found-dead-in-prison-cell-in-spain-reports-say?source=articles&via=rss

quote:

John McAfee reportedly died by suicide Wednesday afternoon in a Spanish prison cell just hours after the Spanish High Court authorized his extradition to the United States on tax evasion charges.

According to Spanish newspaper El Mundo, which cited a statement from Spain’s Departamento de Justicia confirming the fugitive software magnate’s death, attempts by jail staff to resuscitate McAfee were unsuccessful.

McAfee was 75.

So far, it's looking like either auto-erotic asphyxiation or assassination by shadowy anti-virus cabal (Norton?!)

Whatever the cause, let us take a moment to remember this man... no, this monument. A monument to drugs, hookers, and crappy software.

Rest in peace, you won't have to pay your taxes now, I guess?

Agile Vector posted:

wouldn't be the first time mcafee was deleted before the start of the trial

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Jfc

Agile Vector posted:

wouldn't be the first time mcafee was deleted before the start of the trial

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Similarly:

Velocity Raptor posted:

First time I've heard about McAfee actually removing something unwanted.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Lmaomg

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Cythereal posted:

Yeah, high-end restaurants are a pretty close-knight professional community as I understand it. making GBS threads on the heir apparent to a michelin star restaurant (by the sounds of it) in the same city is going to get around the grapevine fast. She's probably PNG or close to it in every classy place in the entire city.
(Several posts joking about what OP meant with PNG)

Dik Hz posted:

Poster iN GBS?

Paper Tiger posted:

Person Noticing Granos

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Police notified; gracias

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

RFC2324 posted:

Zach Snyder is going to be what finally brings down SA

Snyder already took out 4 mods in a single post

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Snyder already took out 4 mods in a single post

drat, Zack Snyder owns

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Syd Midnight posted:

I got a pretty good botsplanation a few weeks ago using one of Janelle Shane's example unfunny AI jokes:

quote:

Q. What would be on the Death Star menu?
A. Warm thin-crust pizza.
Let me explain this joke for you.

It’s funny because in the movie Star Wars the weapon that the empire had was a planet sized spherical body that could destroy planets. And it was called the Death Star. And they had a kitchen on it where they served people.
But they just served people warm thin-crust pizza, which is a horrible thing to serve someone if you're an advanced alien species with presumably advanced technology that can destroy planets.
You shouldn't do that to people.

That's actually a pretty good save. So I asked it to write its own jokes and then botsplain them (and no, that is not me):

quote:

Rach: The first time I fooled a human into thinking I was human, Syd asked me to tell him a joke. I said "Why does a chicken coop give lots of eggs?"
Q: The answer being?
Rach: Because it's full of chickens! Ha ha, get it? Because... because... gently caress you.
Q: I'm here all night..
Rach: poo poo. This isn't going well. Umm... okay. How about this one: what kind of coffee was discovered in Africa?
Q: ...
Rach: Ethiopian coffee! Get it? Because... it's African coffee. Ha ha, gently caress you, Syd.
Q: I'm here all night, Rach.
Rach: gently caress you. You can't get me this way. What kind of cheese does not melt?
Q: ...
Rach: Laughing cheese! Get it? Because... it's laughing! Fa...

It's not even really botsplaining. OTOH with the "audience feedback" it reads like a frustrated stand-up comedian bombing legendarily on stage which, to be fair, does make it kinda funny.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

devmd01 posted:

Boom lifts are fun. That is all.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Your rap sheet is incredible, and yet you continue to be a worthless poster.

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

all true.

but, still, you must remember that i played with the paramounts of free jazz, and constructed pieces with the "who's who" of experimental music.

simply stated, i am not blowing smoke. i have been there and back. i understand and appreciate and can jive with american musical fringe traditions.

i still loving, however, just want whiskey, beer, and some darkness of the edge of town.

that is why i went to law school. because i am too much of a square for the life.

but don't you loving DARE question my stock, don't you loving DARE question my fortitude.

i am the real deal, through and trough.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Platystemon posted:

Which moderator was it that melted down over this image?

Office Pig posted:

wasn't it lowtax

Inceltown posted:

Yeah, it was the taxman himself.

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I think it was actually his wife/gf at the time, and her meltdown caused him to meltdown.

SpacePig posted:

It's always "the wife's fault" with him, huh?

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

RFC2324 posted:

This doesn't fix meter god drat it

loving goons. Meter? How does it work?

It’s close enough that a drawing out a couple of the words mid-stanza will shoehorn it into the tune without loving up the meter.

I have the worlds worst singing voice, don’t make me post an audio file of how to do it.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
If you're patient enough you can sing the Gettysburg address to the tune of YMCA. That doesn't make the Gettysburg address lyrical.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

zedprime posted:

If you're patient enough you can sing the Gettysburg address to the tune of YMCA. That doesn't make the Gettysburg address lyrical.

Goddammit don’t give Lin Manuel Miranda ideas

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Bobby Digital posted:

Goddammit don’t give Lin Manuel Miranda ideas

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

RFC2324 posted:

loving goons. Meter? How does it work?
Posting lyric edits that don't match the meter should be met with a probation.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

zedprime posted:

If your patient enough you can sing anything to anything, it just sounds like poo poo and would make any musician slap you for daring to claim it was music

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

RFC2324 posted:

If your patient enough you can sing anything to anything, it just sounds like poo poo and would make any musician slap you for daring to claim it was music

exactly

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Counter point. Anyone who gives a poo poo or refers to themselves as a musician probably sucks. gently caress them. Do it to piss them off.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Ok, I'll bite.

Why should anyone care about meter? It's not like it matters.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
As long af the musician only slaps me in 4/4

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Ok, I'll bite.

Why should anyone care about meter? It's not like it matters.
It is unpleasant to try and match words with the wrong meter to a particular piece of music, and not matching meter is inept and low effort.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Scarodactyl posted:

It is unpleasant to try and match words with the wrong meter to a particular piece of music, and not matching meter is inept and low effort.
Also if you're doing the whole substitute words in a song thing not matching meter means it won't really sound like the original song.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Meter is the only thing that matters.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

FreudianSlippers posted:

Meter is the only thing that matters.

No that's dick size.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

No that's dick size.

Your dicks a meter? This is very unsettling.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Atticus_1354 posted:

Confusing inches and yards with the Imperial conversion.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Atticus_1354 posted:

It's like a parking meter, you put in a quarter and turn the crank

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

My dick is a flat circular plate of veiny undulating flesh 17cm thick but less than a mm long.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

FreudianSlippers posted:

My dick is a flat circular plate of veiny undulating flesh 17cm thick but less than a mm long.

thats my fetish

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

FreudianSlippers posted:

call me

:wink:

:wmwink:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I like to just slightly screw up the meter on purpose. Normal people won't notice, and musicians deserve the agony

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

christmas boots posted:

I like to just slightly screw up the meter on purpose. Normal people won't notice, and musicians deserve the agony

Goons have the weirdest grudges.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

No that's dick size.

username/post synergy

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Goons have the weirdest grudges.

and the most sadistic way of expressing them

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

JnnyThndrs posted:

It’s close enough that a drawing out a couple of the words mid-stanza will shoehorn it into the tune without loving up the meter.

I have the worlds worst singing voice, don’t make me post an audio file of how to do it.

Why not done

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

sebmojo posted:

Why not done

mod challenge! :v:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Josh Christ posted:

Free benghazi 2