Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

Mans posted:

drat that's tough, hope the guy who called for a Jihad against china receives some of the 300 million dollar propaganda fund Biden is working on

https://www.scmp.com/comment/opinio...Di1XiSpKv8nUiuc

what an embarrassing post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Wait, the US supports human rights?? Man, gently caress those guys

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Mans posted:

drat that's tough, hope the guy who called for a Jihad against china receives some of the 300 million dollar propaganda fund Biden is working on

https://www.scmp.com/comment/opinio...Di1XiSpKv8nUiuc

Thank you for the link to the South China Morning Post, comrade.

A beacon of unbiased reporting! The only truth is Xi's truth!

EDIT: Wait, I remember now - you're the genocide supporter. One of them, anyway. Quelle surprise you posted this bullshit, then.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jun 26, 2021

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
Supporting the self-determination of Hong Kongers is imperialism and to avoid appearing racist we must support the government that has hired random street thugs to beat people up on trains for the crime of looking similar to a democracy advocate.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

This new tankie tactic of accusing defenders of human rights of Uighurs of being CIA plants is perhaps the most embarrassing form of genocide explaining yet

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

barbecue at the folks posted:

This new tankie tactic of accusing defenders of human rights of Uighurs of being CIA plants is perhaps the most embarrassing form of genocide explaining yet

it would be pretty irresponsible of the CIA not to exploit a major PR weakness in a rival power

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I don't think the CIA is the beacon of responsibility that you seem to think it is.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The tankies start sounding like colonialism apologia from the 1900s when they defend the Chinese governments actions in Xinjiang... and then the government responds to the allegations with a 'look at the singing, dancing Uyghurs' campaign across multiple social media platforms.
An approach that reminds everyone who knows their colonial atrocities of the kitschy cultural exploitation of the native Americans by forcing them to sing and dance for tourists.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Pharohman777 posted:

The tankies start sounding like colonialism apologia from the 1900s when they defend the Chinese governments actions in Xinjiang... and then the government responds to the allegations with a 'look at the singing, dancing Uyghurs' campaign across multiple social media platforms.
An approach that reminds everyone who knows their colonial atrocities of the kitschy cultural exploitation of the native Americans by forcing them to sing and dance for tourists.

I have a different issue with the "singy dancey" stuff.

It's that it's always trotted out with the CCP saying "These people aren't oppressed. Look, we LET them do their weird foreign ceremonial dancing. You over there! Come do the thing that because you are ethnic that means you love to do, and because we are benevolent, we ALLOW you to do. Do it on camera now, before we whisk the journalist away lest he ask any more questions or see the bruise marks from your shackles."

Because yay for traditional culture and all that, but for the average Uighur on the street, I bet he would appreciate being able to go to the mosque after playing soccer with his mates without fear of being beaten by the police, much more than doing a traditional dance that only his grandparents like.

Also, it's framed as though the CCP are so kind and open minded by allowing these people to do something that Han Chinese don't do. A "see we let you be different. Just so long as you are different over there, and not in a way that affects our stranglehold on political and cultural power."

BrigadierSensible fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jun 26, 2021

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Tankies: It's always more and it's always worse

Or was that Freepers

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
The only difference between tankies and Freepers is which Big Daddy they worship.

EDIT: Wanted to add that it's not exactly horseshoe theory when they're openly crypto-fascists.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Jun 26, 2021

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A beautiful world with beautiful places to visit

Barudak fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Jun 28, 2021

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I just left a five year old's birthday party and the dad's there were all drinking maotai and yeah I'm good.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Flavour: Savoury aroma

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Atlas Hugged posted:

I just left a five year old's birthday party and the dad's there were all drinking maotai and yeah I'm good.

sometimes I really miss living in China and all that it entailed and sometimes I read a post that makes me actually cringe and grimace irl and, not sure if it really needs mentioning, but this post was the latter

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
also I understand that this is GBS so posting my thoughts on moutai is probably super racist but I'm sorry I just had to comment

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Ganbei!

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I also noticed this thread lost an entire gold bar recently. can't imagine what also happened recently on these forums that may cause this thread to be downvoted.

alright gently caress CSPAM and QCS you absolute loving clowns. you babies, you children, seriously gently caress off

see you next week thread

The Great Autismo! fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jun 26, 2021

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
I would just like to add that gently caress Winnie the Dictator for enabling more and more chengguan thugs to drive away all the good things about urban life

Cocaine Mitch
Jun 17, 2021

Cocaine Mitch fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Sep 28, 2021

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

The Great Autismo! posted:

I also noticed this thread lost an entire gold bar recently. can't imagine what also happened recently on these forums that may cause this thread to be downvoted.

alright gently caress CSPAM and QCS you absolute loving clowns. you babies, you children, seriously gently caress off

see you next week thread

i upvoted it :)

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
theres ways to have moutai and have it taste, if not ok, at least not like gasoline

no chinese uncle has ever had it that way or ever will. shots straight from the bottle it is

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Moutai is fine but Wuliangye is actually good and as soon as I get vaccinated Im going the restaurant they opened in Japan

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

bob dobbs is dead posted:

theres ways to have moutai and have it taste, if not ok, at least not like gasoline

no chinese uncle has ever had it that way or ever will. shots straight from the bottle it is

I’ve always found mitigating the sock smell taste is the key to… well, not enjoying baijiu but tolerating it enough to get drunk. The gasoline taste is always gonna be there.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
https://www.rferl.org/a/islamic-world-china-uyghurs/31324045.html

Radio Free Europe - Researchers Say Islamic World 'Actively Collaborating' With China's Global Campaign Against Uyghurs

Wrap it up, everyone who said this was a loving concerted effort by the US government and the rest of the West/NATO to smear China. Nothing can come from a more unbiased source than Radio Free Europe...

*googles*

"Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL) is a United States government-funded organization" oh...

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Apoplexy posted:

Radio Free Europe - Researchers Say Islamic World 'Actively Collaborating' With China's Global Campaign Against Uyghurs

Wrap it up, everyone who said this was a loving concerted effort by the US government and the rest of the West/NATO to smear China. Nothing can come from a more unbiased source than Radio Free Europe...

*googles*

"Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL) is a United States government-funded organization" oh...

Very cool of you to bring up some random nothing of an article just so you could make a strawman out of it, you tankie loving retard.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

Apoplexy posted:

*googles*

a cool and normal post from a cool and normal poster

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

do the tankies know that just because something shows up in US propaganda doesn't mean the opposite thing is true? it's not like everything the CCP controlled press puts out is completely false either.

also lol at mansplaining who funds Radio Free Europe. maybe you need to inform the dullards in cspam of that fact, but everyone here knows that. D for execution, F for content.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Mr. Fix It posted:

do the tankies know that just because something shows up in US propaganda doesn't mean the opposite thing is true?
They're completely thoughtless. The only thing that matters is adhering to a specific ideological purity by saying the right words, and making the right arguments again and again while they stare glassy-eyed at the screens of their $3000 monitors.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Mr. Fix It posted:

do the tankies know that just because something shows up in US propaganda doesn't mean the opposite thing is true? it's not like everything the CCP controlled press puts out is completely false either.

also lol at mansplaining who funds Radio Free Europe. maybe you need to inform the dullards in cspam of that fact, but everyone here knows that. D for execution, F for content.

did you know?

radio free Europe receives most of its funding from r. e. m. residuals

you heard it here first, Michael Stipe is CIA

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Fix It posted:

do the tankies know that just because something shows up in US propaganda doesn't mean the opposite thing is true?

manufacturing consent manufacturing consent manufacturing consent manufacturing consent manufacturing consent mAnuFActuRINg CONseNT MANUFACTURING CONSENT MANUFACTURING CONSEEEEENT!!111

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
:siren:You posters have a new IK for this thread. Say hi to the now corrupt and powermad Shumagorath:siren:

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Literally A Person posted:

:siren:You posters have a new IK for this thread. Say hi to the now corrupt and powermad Shumagorath:siren:

great, just what we needed: another CIA spook who will shamelessly spread anti-china propaganda!!!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

great, just what we needed: another CIA spook who will shamelessly spread anti-china propaganda!!!

Listen, my orders come straight from secret president. My hands are tied.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

a warm welcome to our new station chief

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Yaaay this thread has needed an IK for a while and Shuma’s a good pick.

E:comedy sixer me, rest out those buttons!

Ugly In The Morning fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jun 27, 2021

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

i now demand a sixer, perhaps with a man riding a pig for the reason

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

GoutPatrol posted:

i now demand a sixer, perhaps with a man riding a pig for the reason

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
well, obviously the reason should be no why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Literally A Person posted:

Hi everyone. I think this thread has a fairly good immune system as evidenced in the last few pages. However, due to outside interference in GBS China thread's internal affairs, the staff approached me to IK it after all the qualified posters turned them down (probably). I don't anticipate having to push buttons often, but someone on this very page has already asked for it very hard!

In all but the most egregious circumstances, any interventions will be in public or by PM before I take direct action or escalate to the staff. I'm not an expert on Chinese / East Asian culture by any stretch and my Mandarin is Duolingo garbage, so feedback is welcome. Please note that I can't see reports and I have a day job and hobbies that don't permit me to be Extremely Online, but I think I'm on here enough to make a difference.

Please:
-DO NOT be racist
-DO NOT dispute verifiable facts, like saying events extensively documented on film and by multiple first-hand accounts did not happen.
-DO feel free to post here regardless of where you post regularly. Everyone who has not already been previously thread-banned gets one free assumption of good faith.