Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

If you genuinely get upset at beefer posting please log off and go outside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

frankenfreak posted:

You also can't put accents or umlauts in thread titles. That's forum-side, though.

this is my feedback let us use more symbols in thread titles

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 75 days!
the chat threads belong in the chat forum with the other perverts and degenerates and the beefer guy should be entombed in a big concrete sarcophagus

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

croup coughfield posted:

the chat threads belong in the chat forum with the other perverts and degenerates and the beefer guy should be entombed in a big concrete sarcophagus

first they came for the beefers…

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

croup coughfield posted:

this, honestly. just put the chat freaks in the chat freak subforum where they belong, its simple

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Love me cspam
Love me posts
Love me posters
Love me death threats
Simple as.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

a Loving Dog posted:

this, honestly. just put the chat freaks in the chat freak subforum where they belong, its simple

The Glenn thread is a chat thread though and you love it there.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Every report about CSPAM is not from some outsider who doesn't contribute here, or from people trying to tear this place down. Yesterday there were 30 some reports for CSPAM. All of them but 5 are from people who when I look at their post history, are CSPAM posters. And the other ones are from what look like lurkers (probably read and dont post? Just post lurkers! You paid your 10 dollars, throw some words in a post) or others.

Making everything You Vs Them is lovely for a community. I'm personally capable of understanding context and figuring out when someone is reporting something or saying something is poo poo and they just have a vendetta. I would hope others have that same ability.

Enjoy your forum, enjoy your threads. Don't worry about other places.

Epic High Five posted:

This is true but when people whining about forums they don't even post in is proven to be a good way to get things changed in that forum for no real reason, a war footing must be adopted. Like we are a day away from some QCS regular posting "CSPAM is a politics forum, why do they have a cooking thread" and the thread getting closed because the rest of the regulars rush in to paint it as some kind of ultra low carb thread making people mentally ill,

Sometimes people just want to bitch about things. They want to be heard and get poo poo out there. Doesn't mean every time there is a "Look at this" post or report, means something is going to happen. If a report has value or comes from people that are effected by it, then maybe adjustments can be made.

Hell, in this thread there is divide on megathreads. There is no real solid "do this" push, so if I were a mod here, I'd lean toward leaving it how it is. It's about gathering information, figuring out what is best, and doing what the community wants.

Epic High Five posted:

if Athanos is posting here for some CSPAM context to better tell those idiots to pound sand, I think we'd all do well to provide it

Knowing what the actual threads are like is a boon for refuting people who say dumb poo poo like "All of CSPAM are bloodthursty doomsayers, close it."

Joementum posted:

I don't think there are any major issues with CSPAM that need to be resolved. It's the forum for shitposting about politics and current events and that's fine. If people don't like the posting in a particular thread, they can start their own (which mods should leave alone and not gas) and see if other people want to post there. If there are abusive or harmful posts, those should be reported for a mod to deal with or discussed with mods in PMs.

Please just let people shitpost in peace instead of indulging the few who have some weird grudge to settle or enjoy trolling here.

I'll also say it again, just for anyone just checking in:

I'm not running this thread to make big sweeping changes. Hell, I'm not running this thread to make any changes if nothing is needed. I just want to leave you all with better knowledge of what I am about, and learn some poo poo myself. My hope is I come away with a better way of providing you mods that can help make and keep the forum readable and enjoyable.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Cpt_Obvious posted:

If you genuinely get upset at beefer posting please log off and go outside.

I think it's extremely embarrassing that 40 year old dude is posting like that.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Zurtilik posted:

The Glenn thread is a chat thread though and you love it there.

the glenn thread has more in depth discussion on many issues than any other thread on this subforum besides maybe the marxism one. your view is wrong

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Oh boy, wait until you see the rest of the forum.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

a Loving Dog posted:

the glenn thread has more in depth discussion on many issues than any other thread on this subforum besides maybe the marxism one. your view is wrong

Its poo poo posting in defense of some weird conservative pundit.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Zurtilik posted:

Its poo poo posting in defense of some weird conservative pundit.

ah, so you're just a stupid person. got it

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Its honestly the one thread I do not understand being here, actually.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Love my transphobic twitter dudes.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

this thread isn't about glenn, please go be stupid somewhere else. maybe in one of the containment zone threads for stupid people, like the chat thread

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Rehashing this anti glenn attack for the nth time ftw. Can't wait till someone calls Glenn a pedo.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

a Loving Dog posted:

this thread isn't about glenn, please go be stupid somewhere else. maybe in one of the containment zone threads for stupid people, like the chat thread

Which chat thread? It's literally half of CSPAM?

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

a Loving Dog posted:

See, I don’t understand why there’s always someone demanding to atomize communities and posters into more and more specific sub forums. Leftists need to go to the leftist sub forum, ok now some are getting too rowdy in their threads so leftist poo poo posting needs to happen in C-SPAM-> Shitposting now, ok now some of that isn’t what I want to read anymore so now it needs to be C-SPAM-> Shitposting -> Double Shitposting

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

skooma512 posted:

See, I don’t understand why there’s always someone demanding to atomize communities and posters into more and more specific sub forums. Leftists need to go to the leftist sub forum, ok now some are getting too rowdy in their threads so leftist poo poo posting needs to happen in C-SPAM-> Shitposting now, ok now some of that isn’t what I want to read anymore so now it needs to be C-SPAM-> Shitposting -> Double Shitposting

lol the chat/trump thread is full of liberals dude.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Getting mad about chat threads, except for my chat thread because mine is the legitimate one.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

a Loving Dog posted:

Actually the CSPAM chat thread should be in CSPAM

The Glenn thread however definitely belongs in RGD however since Glenn is a social media personality

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Zurtilik posted:

Getting mad about chat threads, except for my chat thread because mine is the legitimate one.

i literally explained to you that a thread was not that, and you stuck your fingers into your empty skull in response

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Athanatos posted:

Every report about CSPAM is not from some outsider who doesn't contribute here, or from people trying to tear this place down. Yesterday there were 30 some reports for CSPAM. All of them but 5 are from people who when I look at their post history, are CSPAM posters. And the other ones are from what look like lurkers (probably read and dont post? Just post lurkers! You paid your 10 dollars, throw some words in a post) or others.

Making everything You Vs Them is lovely for a community. I'm personally capable of understanding context and figuring out when someone is reporting something or saying something is poo poo and they just have a vendetta. I would hope others have that same ability.

Enjoy your forum, enjoy your threads. Don't worry about other places.

except the other places want to get cspam closed and paint the forum in the worst light possible outside of cspam. like step into the China threads (which you should do anyway because they’re cesspits) and they all act like cspam is an unregistered agent of the PRC

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

a Loving Dog posted:

i literally explained to you that a thread was not that, and you stuck your fingers into your empty skull in response

You explained nothing you just stated that it wasn't?

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

and i gave a reason why, even compared it with another thread that wouldn't fall into the definition of a chat thread because it has actual in depth discussion. you just simply can't read due to being stupid or chose to ignore it due to being a slightly different version of stupid

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I think it's extremely embarrassing that 40 year old dude is posting like that.

Your embarrassed? You know what I find helps curb the ego? Couple edibles and some music played loudly. Don’t just turn up your iPhone you absolute fool, you’ll need to go get like a real powered speaker. I would say go to guitar center and get 2 of them and a mixer so you get stereo.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

a Loving Dog posted:

and i gave a reason why, even compared it with another thread that wouldn't fall into the definition of a chat thread because it has actual in depth discussion. you just simply can't read due to being stupid or chose to ignore it due to being a slightly different version of stupid

The Trump thread talks about many topics, much like the Marx thread. Ergo, it isn't a chat thread.

:smug:

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

a Loving Dog posted:

I’m unemployed man, how can you be an unemployed liberal. I’ve never seen one, maybe glen greenwood or something.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

you know, there's a good reason why everybody who doesn't post in the trump chat thread hates the people who do post there. you're showing why

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

a Loving Dog posted:

nice chubby beefer would smooth those edges is all I’m saying

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

a Loving Dog posted:

i disagree

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Glenn thread is fine. chat thread is fine. you dont have to read post in and enjoy every thread on a sub. who gives a poo poo. less dumb drama.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Raskolnikov38 posted:

except the other places want to get cspam closed and paint the forum in the worst light possible outside of cspam. like step into the China threads (which you should do anyway because they’re cesspits) and they all act like cspam is an unregistered agent of the PRC

Well they don't have me convinced and I'm the person who would close the forums so I don't really care what tale they want to spin. Some people in CSPAM think all D&D posters are horrible and want to get it closed too. It's why when I want to know about a forum, I go to the forum. This "Tell me about XXX forum" is not the first feedback thread I've run.

There will always be idiots. It's figuring out what idiots have a point that is the hard part. Going somewhere and gathering info is the important part.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Zurtilik posted:

The Trump thread talks about many topics, much like the Marx thread. Ergo, it isn't a chat thread.

:smug:

sorry but only threads with deep and meaningful discussion* are now going to be deemed pure enough for CSPAM.

*deep and meaningful is determined by one person who hates your thread, sorry thems the breaks

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Pamela Springstein posted:

you dont have to read post in and enjoy every thread on a sub. who gives a poo poo

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Pamela Springstein posted:

you dont have to read post in and enjoy every thread on a sub. who gives a poo poo. less dumb drama.

*also extends to all the forums

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

My worst mistake was leaving the safe confines of BYOB.

Quit trying to get half the forum shipped off to elsewhere, you weirdos.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

https://youtu.be/kAmQ_FvZISs

a little tune for all y’all out there beefin over this petty stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

a Loving Dog posted:

Wouldn’t know, I don’t read those.

Which I suppose is at the crux of this feedback thread. I stopped reading the Trump thread because when I went looking for the latest on America’s Next Top Boss, it was mostly Trompo posts and nothing worth reading. I didn’t complain to anyone about it because I figured that’s just their idle state when there isn’t anything on topic going on. It can be funny sometimes but when it’s just pages and pages of the same joke it really does get old.

There definitely does need a balance to be struck between Shitposting and just completely no effort (C)spam. I’m not quite sure how to get there, but I’d hate for the sub forum to get broken up or for us to get super anal about quality.