Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
FRQNCY1 Ticketholders got an email with links to the E1 and CTH episodes that we missed out on due to technical issues, I got mine a few days ago but it was sorted into my promotions folder for some reason so I'm just noticing it now. Ticketholders check your emails for the link if you haven't yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Weirdo who flees Twitter for months to avoid getting dunked on after Bernie lost flees Twitter again.

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.
So is he asian or a white

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
He’s played in a bunch of crust and hardcore bands too and FOB brought Every Time I Die on tour with them recently, which must’ve been weird. Fall Out Boy are all dudes with ties to the punk scene but clearly did not care about being called sellouts.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
That’s because “selling out” is a stupid artifact of Gen X anti-corporate culture. All Millenials have ever wanted is to get paid, because none of us own property or can afford to have kids unless our parents give us money (that our grandparents gave them) or you make it big in entertainment

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Virgil talked a lot about liking The Simpsons but I don't recall him saying anything about Star Trek.

Brie, on the other hand...

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

That’s because “selling out” is a stupid artifact of Gen X anti-corporate culture. All Millenials have ever wanted is to get paid, because none of us own property or can afford to have kids unless our parents give us money (that our grandparents gave them) or you make it big in entertainment

yeah that's one thing that really did not age well, the whole "gently caress being an office cubicle slave!". if you have a cubicle in an office still you're loving lucky

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

does anyone else hate when will references a popular song or line of dialogue from a movie and chris edits a two second clip of it immediately after in case we didn't get it

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Wizard Master posted:

does anyone else hate when will references a popular song or line of dialogue from a movie and chris edits a two second clip of it immediately after in case we didn't get it

yeah not a fan of this

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Virgil talked? a lot about liking The Simpsons but I don't recall him saying anything about Star Trek.

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Henchman of Santa posted:

He’s played in a bunch of crust and hardcore bands too and FOB brought Every Time I Die on tour with them recently, which must’ve been weird. Fall Out Boy are all dudes with ties to the punk scene but clearly did not care about being called sellouts.

He's also anprim and when someone pointed out that he's kind of a hypocrite for doing what he does and living well his response was "everyone's gotta have a job"

King

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i say swears online posted:

yeah not a fan of this

:same:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Shipon posted:

yeah that's one thing that really did not age well, the whole "gently caress being an office cubicle slave!". if you have a cubicle in an office still you're loving lucky

Right!! How quaint and dated that the counter-culture of the 90’s was the idea that if your job was somehow too cushy and secure you’d become uncool, and now 20 years later you have 2 generations of America clawing out each other’s eyes for scraps of work and the 8 hour day/40 hour work week with benefits is an impossible luxury only afforded to the luckiest and most nepotistic. Insane!!!

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Hello, is this the thread where we take victory laps because a girl was victimized? I've got some drafts in my Google drive.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Wizard Master posted:

yeah it's annoying

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Chris’s cute little clips are for all the baby Zoomers that followed Felix to the pod from Twitch

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

Right!! How quaint and dated that the counter-culture of the 90’s was the idea that if your job was somehow too cushy and secure you’d become uncool, and now 20 years later you have 2 generations of America clawing out each other’s eyes for scraps of work and the 8 hour day/40 hour work week with benefits is an impossible luxury only afforded to the luckiest and most nepotistic. Insane!!!

That late-90s zeitgeist of "My comfortable secure 40hrs/week office job is driving me insane" is depressing to look back on now

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I don’t know that Kevin Spacey movie but Office Space, Fight Club, and the Matrix are all such awesome movies holy poo poo. drat dude I miss when movies could be cool and funny.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

a new study bible! posted:

Hello, is this the thread where we take victory laps because a girl was victimized? I've got some drafts in my Google drive.

No, it's where we all go 'what the gently caress is wrong with this insane person and the handful of people with them who're dredging up accusations that were found to be uncredible years ago-- people who're so broken by Online that they think owning some nobody-leftist is worth damaging the credibility of actual, substantiated accusations of abuse by others?' It seems to me the bigger story isn't that some bisexual leftist twink autistic millennial once talked to some 17-year-old girl online when he was like 20, but that people are willing to go so nuclear over being mad online that they'll harm the credibility of other victims. Granted, it's going to be infinitesimally minor compared to when Tara Reade came forward and literally everybody with even the barest shred of power just went 'nah, Joe Biden is worth just throwing away the rights of all women over' and then mounted the most vicious and obscene of campaigns of character assassination and minimization they could. For Joe loving Biden pinning and forcibly jamming his hands in an unwilling intern. For Joe loving Biden.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Virgil could never harass anybody because he is too busy shidding out his doodoo rear end

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Wizard Master posted:

Yes. I hate it a lot.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

A bunch of people (I think including in this thread) didn't get when Virgil and Matt were losing it while quoting Love Shack in the Glenn Beck episode so...

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Chris's edits are good. I know you old timers are easily startled but you gotta learn to relax.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Working in an office all the time does suck though.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

net work error posted:

Working in an office all the time does suck though.

I have an office job and the only time I've felt mentally well in my working life (worked retail for almost a decade beforehand) was the two months the office was closed at the beginning of the pandemic. Unfortunately we then re-opened despite the fact literally everyone can do their job remotely. Not having to commute and being able to do poo poo instead of being parked in a cube was so freeing.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jun 26, 2021

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Apoplexy posted:

No, it's where we all go 'what the gently caress is wrong with this insane person and the handful of people with them who're dredging up accusations that were found to be uncredible years ago-- people who're so broken by Online that they think owning some nobody-leftist is worth damaging the credibility of actual, substantiated accusations of abuse by others?' It seems to me the bigger story isn't that some bisexual leftist twink autistic millennial once talked to some 17-year-old girl online when he was like 20, but that people are willing to go so nuclear over being mad online that they'll harm the credibility of other victims. Granted, it's going to be infinitesimally minor compared to when Tara Reade came forward and literally everybody with even the barest shred of power just went 'nah, Joe Biden is worth just throwing away the rights of all women over' and then mounted the most vicious and obscene of campaigns of character assassination and minimization they could. For Joe loving Biden pinning and forcibly jamming his hands in an unwilling intern. For Joe loving Biden.

He was like 26 or 27

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

Wizard Master posted:

No but I hate it when the exact same question is posted on multiple forums I visit. Separate but equal, please.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Cosmik Slop posted:

Virgil could never harass anybody because he is too busy shidding out his doodoo rear end

Maybe he has an entirely normal colon and he’s just hiding in the toilet doing sus texting with minors.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Proust Malone posted:

Maybe he has an entirely normal colon and he’s just hiding in the toilet doing sus texting with minors.

The perfect crime!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Wizard Master posted:

This is not a Chris thing, the old episodes did it all the time. It kinda sucked then, it kinda sucks now.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Jonas Albrecht posted:

This is not a Chris thing, the old episodes did it all the time. It kinda sucked then, it kinda sucks now.

it's what happens when a producer feels the need to get a little creative. It needs to be nipped in the bud or the show will end up sounding like Radiolab

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
They should do it more.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

It's such an inconsequential touch I'm legit surprised anyone has an opinion on it

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

multijoe posted:

It's such an inconsequential touch I'm legit surprised anyone has an opinion on it

Goons

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

If they did it when will said bend the knee then maybe Bernie would have won

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Good producers should be entirely unnoticed unless they’re doing uncannily accurate riffs on the hosts for a cold open.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I think he started doing this shortly after the first season of Blowback, or at least when it went free.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Give me shockjock radio bits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8RkR4rd7dM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

They should do it more.
Producer Chris is good and has good taste.