Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

"Hank honey, are you... gay?"

"What? No! I sell propane!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Peggy's massive resentment towards Hank's open love for Ladybird lasts right up to the winklebottom episode, and I love it.

I'm trying to think of the quote from that episode, like 'finally, something your precious dog can't do' or close to that.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

I’ll never get over the way Peggy pronounces Iwo Jima.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

"Remember Ladybird, the other dogs will be looking to you for leadership, be strong."

I'm sorry, Laaaadybird will have to be put down.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Kalli posted:

I don't have the scene, but I saved a few screenshots from it years back, because it's such a weird scene for koth to have done.

You can't help but notice this weird surreal poo poo they did in the early years, like Bobby getting hypnotized (?) by the fire ant queen, or the grotesque face-warping nightmare in the Cane Skretteburg episode

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Would anyone tell me where Buck first appears? It's supposed to be in episode 8, shins of the father but I can't recall where and I don't want to waste rewatch time on... an episode I just rewatched

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

my new favorite youtube poop

https://youtu.be/GC3kJya-p4U

Clouds?

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Milo and POTUS posted:

Would anyone tell me where Buck first appears? It's supposed to be in episode 8, shins of the father but I can't recall where and I don't want to waste rewatch time on... an episode I just rewatched

I thought it was the snow one, but there may have been earlier episodes with him in it

My name is buck Strickland and if you don’t know me, you’re at the wrong picnic

Do you work for me? I’m your daddy

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Dale bet on Hank in the shooting contest :-3

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I like to eat, I like to hump, and I don't like to drive

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

namlosh posted:

I thought it was the snow one, but there may have been earlier episodes with him in it

My name is buck Strickland and if you don’t know me, you’re at the wrong picnic

Do you work for me? I’m your daddy

"The Company Man" is before the snow one so that's my best guess

I jumped aroud Shins of the Father and didn't see him so I think the KotH wiki may be wrong about that

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Mr. Fix It posted:

Ms. Wakefield is the one with the old woman who keeps trying to die in the Hills' house

Oh that episode. Yea that was just, weird.

Two of my favorite Hank is happy moments is one where Buck is in the back of his truck after rescuing him and Bobby from Roosters poker game, and Hank smiles when they hit a nasty bump and he knows Buck got wonked by it. The other is after Enrique brings him the meatloaf sandwich and he takes a big bite of it and looks so happy.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I made some King of the Hill art in the style of a local famous artist for my best friend's housewarming gift :)

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Knot My President! posted:

I made some King of the Hill art in the style of a local famous artist for my best friend's housewarming gift :)

Uhhh... are you selling prints? I'd like one.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Another Bill posted:

Uhhh... are you selling prints? I'd like one.

That's super validating actually man-- hopefully it means he'll like it too :)

I slapped it on my Teespring a bit earlier to keep the design around:

https://onlyfeet.pictures/listing/taste-meat-not-heat?product=623

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Well, you just sold me a sticker of it.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Yeah i ordered a poster. Thanks!

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

You guys rock :) lemme know how the quality is; I've never ordered non-clothing from Teespring. I hope you enjoy them!

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

Oh that episode. Yea that was just, weird.

Two of my favorite Hank is happy moments is one where Buck is in the back of his truck after rescuing him and Bobby from Roosters poker game, and Hank smiles when they hit a nasty bump and he knows Buck got wonked by it. The other is after Enrique brings him the meatloaf sandwich and he takes a big bite of it and looks so happy.

I thought it was hank slowed down long enough for a goon to slug Buck

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
pump jockey

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I like how Minh and Kahn both have episodes where they become rednecks but Minh doesn't change her basic self or lose her dignity

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Knot My President! posted:

You guys rock :) lemme know how the quality is; I've never ordered non-clothing from Teespring. I hope you enjoy them!

Fwiw my wife, who i assure you is very tired of hearing me talk about King of the Hill, also thinks its great and we're going to get it mounted. Cheers!

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjMGinhqcms

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

So you want to dance with my dog. But what's in it for the big dog: me, Kahn? How about you pick up Doggie's poo from my yard? That way, child prodigy Connie get to study more, poo-picking hillbilly get to dance with dog. Universe in harmony.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Another Bill posted:

Yeah i ordered a poster. Thanks!

I snagged one too, I love the design. Nice work goon!

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Works for tips

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

SilvergunSuperman posted:

So you want to dance with my dog. But what's in it for the big dog: me, Kahn? How about you pick up Doggie's poo from my yard? That way, child prodigy Connie get to study more, poo-picking hillbilly get to dance with dog. Universe in harmony.

The delivery and then the pause between "me" and "Kahn" absolutely slays me.

Me! Ahhh Kahn.

E: couldn't find a youtube, but here's a dailymotion. The magic is @ 5:09
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5vc41w

Ornery and Hornery fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jun 27, 2021

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Testikles posted:

MY DADDY'S HAVIN' A HEART ATTACK!

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I like how Minh and Kahn both have episodes where they become rednecks but Minh doesn't change her basic self or lose her dignity

Minh married a redneck

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Testikles posted:

It might have been both, I haven't seen that episode since broadcast.

I love that Cotton cannot even for a second not belittle his son. "Works for tips!" Is so cruel. But he loves Bobby so he's not all bad.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

It might have been both, I haven't seen that episode since broadcast.

I love that Cotton cannot even for a second not belittle his son. "Works for tips!" Is so cruel. But he loves Bobby so he's not all bad.

Yeah, Hank slows down so that one guy can get a shot in after Buck (literally) loses his shirt. Hank adores Buck Strickland, but even he knows when Buck thoroughly deserves one.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Cosmik Slop posted:

Yeah, Hank slows down so that one guy can get a shot in after Buck (literally) loses his shirt. Hank adores Buck Strickland, but even he knows when Buck thoroughly deserves one.

Buck put Bobby in danger so Hank is totally going to passively punish Buck for that.

I like to think that Strickland Propane would fail without hank, and Buck knows it but at the same time he's a boss so he keeps Hank as a assistant manager so he can pay him less.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

twistedmentat posted:

Buck put Bobby in danger so Hank is totally going to passively punish Buck for that.

I like to think that Strickland Propane would fail without hank, and Buck knows it but at the same time he's a boss so he keeps Hank as a assistant manager so he can pay him less.

In the car wash episode Buck calls Hank "the goose that laid the golden egg" and in the winter storm episode where Hank quits he recognizes he needs Hank despite putting the dickhead in charge.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

Cosmik Slop posted:

You can't help but notice this weird surreal poo poo they did in the early years, like Bobby getting hypnotized (?) by the fire ant queen, or the grotesque face-warping nightmare in the Cane Skretteburg episode

I always figured that Bobby just had an overactive imagination and got way into character for the ant queen thing, but honestly the whole thing is so weird that in the fiction of the show maybe he was literally enslaved by the pheromones.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Kevin DuBrow posted:

I always figured that Bobby just had an overactive imagination and got way into character for the ant queen thing, but honestly the whole thing is so weird that in the fiction of the show maybe he was literally enslaved by the pheromones.

Writing wise I think the wise the show didn't know it was going to be so realistic at the time. To make it fit Bobbie must have been seeing what happens when you drink 2 bottles of cough syrup and found out it lets ants talk to you.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Cosmik Slop posted:

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Cane Skretteburg said I could be his groupie!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

Hey he tried to promote Hank and he emotioned all over him

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I like that Buck got Hank into the propane Hall of Flame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Hey he tried to promote Hank and he emotioned all over him

Oh that's right, he started crying.

Like a baby.

A consistant thing they like to do with Hank is show that he was actually like, a horrible poo poo person when he was a kid and teenager, but now has guilt about it. "I think i'll go call my mom".