Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

StormOfDarkness posted:

I mean that is assuming a team in the overbracket can't be a wildcard in the underbracket and vice versa. Who knows, maybe one team can win two championships in one season.

There's a lot we don't know yet. How does Party Time work with the Underbracket?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

StormOfDarkness posted:

I mean that is assuming a team in the overbracket can't be a wildcard in the underbracket and vice versa. Who knows, maybe one team can win two championships in one season.

now i'm just hoping we end up having a team play two games simultaneously

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

I'm excited at the possibility of Underbracket playoff births.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

The Fridays are good and I hope they can make a run at a championship this season

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

lol jazz hands used a will to reroll Liquid Friend and then he got yeeted out of the game

Jazz Hands will never catch a break

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

Sockser posted:

lol jazz hands used a will to reroll Liquid Friend and then he got yeeted out of the game

Jazz Hands will never catch a break

on the plus side, at least we finally confirmed that something happens when Liquid Friend and Uncle Plasma are on the same team!

you know, now that they can't do anything and several seasons after anything they could have done would have been relevant.

(in b4 gift shop has Liquid Friend and Uncle Plasma replicas and somehow no one manages to get a copy of both)

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
Wild Wings finally got Glover in the lineup and Wyatt was stolen. We were robbed in the Under bracket by not failing enough.

I will still continue my quest to get Burke back to pitching.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Eat The Rich threshold was over 250k today, I guess partially due to Paula Turnip-related windfalls. Bad news is the Tigers rerolled her 5x payout bonus, good news is that Wyatt Glover is back in the Magic lineup and they're a 4.5-star hitter now.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

tinstaach posted:

Eat The Rich threshold was over 250k today, I guess partially due to Paula Turnip-related windfalls. Bad news is the Tigers rerolled her 5x payout bonus, good news is that Wyatt Glover is back in the Magic lineup and they're a 4.5-star hitter now.

pros to my "don't so poo poo seeds strategy": I made over 3.5mil in profits.
cons: after being so detatched for almost a week I forgot blaseball existed and got ETR'd.

:v:

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

tinstaach posted:

Those stars are from Attractor and mostly fake, Wyatt's more like a 2 star and the substats beyond that are hideously bad.

Carteret posted:

pros to my "don't so poo poo seeds strategy": I made over 3.5mil in profits.
cons: after being so detatched for almost a week I forgot blaseball existed and got ETR'd.

:v:

I made ~7 million on Paula Turnip doing solo pickles the second she came back from Elsewhere

Lone Goat fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jun 21, 2021

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Oil! posted:

Wild Wings finally got Glover in the lineup and Wyatt was stolen. We were robbed in the Under bracket by not failing enough.

I will still continue my quest to get Burke back to pitching.

I think the wings got accidentally better. The people running the show don't understand that we need to reduce our lineup in order to have a chance of being good again, and with a bit of luck we were actually able to do this. Now by taking Axel Cardenas out of the rotation we can become contenders again.

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

Kinda feel like there are way too many rules and quirks to Blaseball now. Even around season 10 it was a thing that felt impossible to describe to strangers but now I don't even feel like I can keep up despite having followed since season 3. I won't lie, part of me enjoys spending 10-15 minutes each time I check in just trying to figure out what the gently caress is going on but I have no idea anymore how on earth you'd introduce someone new to this. It's now a thing I look on with fascination instead of being really engaged with.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Harry Lime posted:

Kinda feel like there are way too many rules and quirks to Blaseball now. Even around season 10 it was a thing that felt impossible to describe to strangers but now I don't even feel like I can keep up despite having followed since season 3. I won't lie, part of me enjoys spending 10-15 minutes each time I check in just trying to figure out what the gently caress is going on but I have no idea anymore how on earth you'd introduce someone new to this. It's now a thing I look on with fascination instead of being really engaged with.

Yeah. Like, I admire the larger narrative, but we don't need a massive change-up every week. It's a lot of work to stay in the know.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Look it's all quite simple.

Worms and Georgias both got the Chorby Soul, Soul edition from Gifts. Soulby has an item that replicated the mega-soulscream they had when alive, that weighs a gajillion eDensity. Georgias won a mod Light Handed last season that makes all items on the team have negative eDensity. Worms went DOWN the depth chart towards the gate. Georgias went UP the depth chart towards the... desert? Worms slammed into the broken gate at blaseball2.com and released a bunch of Red Herrings all over the game. Georgias unlocked blaseball0.com and there was a blagonball hiding behind a cactus. Gloria Bugsnax (Flowers) stole Worms' Soulby's item so baby they're going down, unclear what happens when another team slams into the bottom of the depth chart since there's no gate there any more.

Uncle Plasma and Liquid Friend investigation was ended early because the league couldn't get their poo poo together, and were made Legendary. The Worms got them as Gifts as well. When paired together they do wrestling moves to Consumers to protect the team from shark attacks, and it's FUCKIN AWESOME. You can use a peanut to earn a snack item called Red Herring by "upshelling" game actions in the feed that relate to the investigation by the two Hard-Boiled players, Uncle Plasma and Liquid Friend, and their replicas. Or Wyatt Mason IV who echoed them once. You can then use the Red Herring to help unlock redacted entries in the Library. When a redacted item hits 999 Herring it reveals itself. One of the first revealed entries shows that there was a player named Parker MacMillan [no numerals] with a fuckload of mods, including Super Roamin and another that causes them to make an entire team unstable when they leave it, which lead to the Alaskan Immortals getting incinerated. Parker has some other redacted entries in his feed so people are likely working on Herringing them next to see what's up. After this revelation, Parker MacMillan IIIII who runs the @blaseball twitter is having a bit of an identity crisis and has since locked his account.

As I said, simple.

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

Lone Goat posted:

Look it's all quite simple.

Worms and Georgias both got the Chorby Soul, Soul edition from Gifts. Soulby has an item that replicated the mega-soulscream they had when alive, that weighs a gajillion eDensity. Georgias won a mod Light Handed last season that makes all items on the team have negative eDensity. Worms went DOWN the depth chart towards the gate. Georgias went UP the depth chart towards the... desert? Worms slammed into the broken gate at blaseball2.com and released a bunch of Red Herrings all over the game. Georgias unlocked blaseball0.com and there was a blagonball hiding behind a cactus. Gloria Bugsnax (Flowers) stole Worms' Soulby's item so baby they're going down, unclear what happens when another team slams into the bottom of the depth chart since there's no gate there any more.

Uncle Plasma and Liquid Friend investigation was ended early because the league couldn't get their poo poo together, and were made Legendary. The Worms got them as Gifts as well. When paired together they do wrestling moves to Consumers to protect the team from shark attacks, and it's FUCKIN AWESOME. You can use a peanut to earn a snack item called Red Herring by "upshelling" game actions in the feed that relate to the investigation by the two Hard-Boiled players, Uncle Plasma and Liquid Friend, and their replicas. Or Wyatt Mason IV who echoed them once. You can then use the Red Herring to help unlock redacted entries in the Library. When a redacted item hits 999 Herring it reveals itself. One of the first revealed entries shows that there was a player named Parker MacMillan [no numerals] with a fuckload of mods, including Super Roamin and another that causes them to make an entire team unstable when they leave it, which lead to the Alaskan Immortals getting incinerated. Parker has some other redacted entries in his feed so people are likely working on Herringing them next to see what's up. After this revelation, Parker MacMillan IIIII who runs the @blaseball twitter is having a bit of an identity crisis and has since locked his account.

As I said, simple.

I adore this poo poo but despite trying to piece together what had gone on today I think I only knew like 2/3rds of this at best. Every time I think Blaseball has reached peak Blaseballness I am proven horribly horribly wrong.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
be in a discord server that has a blaseball channel and then every time someone goes 'holy poo poo' ask them what happened

today i found out parker used to be a player and murdered his entire team by accident

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
Yeah, it's a lot to keep up with. My team does daily recaps, which is very helpful, at least.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Harry Lime posted:

I adore this poo poo but despite trying to piece together what had gone on today I think I only knew like 2/3rds of this at best. Every time I think Blaseball has reached peak Blaseballness I am proven horribly horribly wrong.

I mean some of it was happening as I was typing lol. I'm terminally online so I follow it pretty closely, though tomorrow is going to be fun since I just got fully vaxxed and it's the first time get to go out aside from work, so I'm gonna miss like 3-4 hours of frenzy and playoffs.

Now I think people were blasting herringings ("upscaling"?) so hard the site went into a lil siesta lmao

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

yeah plot is just happening uncontrollably today. see also: the existence of a team that no longer plays and isn't dead so noone actually knows where they are, and the fridays apparently used to have magic anticapitalistic powers (wish we still did, they'd have been real handy these past couple of seasons), both revealed in like the last twenty minutes.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Daily recaps is a good idea. I just look at the latest tweets from SIBR, Blaseball News Network, and Blaseball Prospectus, they catch everything significant.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

At some point the Moist Talkers were actually in Topeka? and ended up in Canada?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I hadn't checked blaseball at all today and wow so much has happened.

Blaseball rules

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Carteret posted:

At some point the Moist Talkers were actually in Topeka? and ended up in Canada?

You should have seen discord chat when we had a shitshow of an election and then had THAT relevation, people were NOT happy lol

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Oh man I need more details on that. People mad the game changed their fanfic?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Carteret posted:

Oh man I need more details on that. People mad the game changed their fanfic?

Many of the people that joined MTs did so because it was one of the few non-American teams, (Mexico City was the other, and Hades I suppose, this was before Tokyo) and suddenly finding out "haha they were from the US also" set people off, when emotions were already high from a catastrophic election (Losing our best batter to the Steal A Perk Player blessing, losing our next best batter to a self inflicted Wimdy for a pitcher that we feedbacked away earlier in the regular season, etc).

Further exacerbated by the fact that there's a town or hamlet or whatever called Canada in Kansas State so now there's a chance the team never even left a dogshit square state is even worse lmao

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

lmao Huber Frumple roamed from the Pies to the Wings and took the Fifth Base with them

Wings could be so much worse with Fifth Base

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Lone Goat posted:

Further exacerbated by the fact that there's a town or hamlet or whatever called Canada in Kansas State so now there's a chance the team never even left a dogshit square state is even worse lmao

Holy poo poo now I want that to be true

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Carteret posted:

Holy poo poo now I want that to be true

The next funniest part is there's also an incinerated team called the Canada Artists, but there's no mentions of them in the current MTs feed, while there IS a mention of Topeka. There's also no mention of the Canada Artists in the Pandemonium Artists feed from the coffee cup.

Tangential to this, there's another incinerated Baltimore Crabs that is legally (feedily) distinct from the current Baltimore Crabs!

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

It makes sense that any team in Baltimore would eventually turn into crabs. Carcinisation and all

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Perhaps I spoke too soon inre: embracing the chaos, because I just read the last 20ish posts and went from being pleasantly amused to just plan lost and disinterested. I'm not Online enough for this.

Macdoo
Jul 24, 2012

Bad Tabletop Opinions Haver
Yeah somebody doing a video daily recap in <5 mins would be amazing

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
It feels like you can't possibly figure out anything that's happening from going to the actual website now, you have to be deep into discord channels or something. I've basically fallen off this game because I have no idea what's happening and can't figure much out anymore from going to the site and casually following some twitter accounts.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

I'm lost most of the time, but I enjoyed Liquid and Uncle using powerful wrestling moves to kill Consumers.

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

Crabs Good

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Yessss NaN World Tour is gonna make them a juggernaut (eventually)

Macdoo
Jul 24, 2012

Bad Tabletop Opinions Haver
Bit of a confusing election but some easily missed highlights(?) seem to be:
- Debted Silvaire Roadhouse was hoisted onto the crabs pitching rotation [debt being the modification that causes players to throw beanballs which make hit players much more likely to be incinerated] - Ruby Tuesday 2.0 is on the cards
- Georgias have acquired the very heavy chorby soul ring and stuck it on a player in their shadows, which will pull them into the stratosphere due to their lighthanded perk, and will probably not be removed from them for a long time due to it being in the shadows.
- Huber Frumple got traded from the wings to the pies and back again within a few minutes.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

https://twitter.com/CanYouPetTheDog/status/1409210681161830402

(If you haven't found the Dogs yet they're in the Library > Pre-History I > 8. An Eclipse)

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Whoops forgot to login this morning and got 1%’d, y’all welcome

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

tinstaach posted:

https://twitter.com/CanYouPetTheDog/status/1409210681161830402

(If you haven't found the Dogs yet they're in the Library > Pre-History I > 8. An Eclipse)

Also try petting a player on the team a few times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Fellis posted:

Whoops forgot to login this morning and got 1%’d, y’all welcome

Me too. 2nd season in a row! Handing out millions to the masses