Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

Tubgoat posted:

You have to be insanely careful and time it well because there's still a very good chance to get run over. However, from trying to run over everyone, I'm reasonably familiar with the maneuverability of each vehicle and can take steps to avoid that fate.

Also, there is no loving way to kill a saucer player that doesn't want to be killed, that energy cannon is too loving cheap.

Maybe my most satisfying victory was a clean 2-round headshot from a bush halfway across the storm circle with an assault rifle. Dude went from sliding down the mountain, to looking around for the last player, to suddenly dead, lol!

Edit: :tviv: Sound effect visualisation is un-goddamned-fair! :snoo:

I use sound visualization but i admittedly need it being partially deaf, and i will say it helps so much. I wish more games especially single player games implemented some form of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
some times i hate this game but earlier i drove around in a taxi honking at people and someone got in and me and this rando just drove around the map stopping for gas and looking for scenic spots to stop. that's something you can't get in other games. usually i just drive around until someone finds me, builds six hundred walls around me in 3 seconds, and then shoots me twice while i empty an entire clip into them *shrug* then they do the "laughing emoji" over and over until i quit.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Even though I’ve never been a huge fan of building, this is still my favorite BR. PUBG is too boring and Apex is too orange.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Hell yeah, League rollover! Time to be the last off the bus, glide the whole way down and start the game in 50th place!

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

So did they disable creative mode idle exp this week? It no longer has the timer in the overworld of creative mode and even going onto the island didn't do any experience uptick after 40 mins.

Edit: Nevermind, I got some from idling in the hub I think.

Blorknorg fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jun 23, 2021

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Blorknorg posted:

So did they disable creative mode idle exp this week? It no longer has the timer in the overworld of creative mode and even going onto the island didn't do any experience uptick after 40 mins.

Whoever designed the current creative hub probably disabled a lot of UI stuff. The XP should still accumulate.

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003

Yeah something's definitely different about it. I did the hour and a half and got one uptick of experience that I only saw when I was confused and moved between the hub and the player island.

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!

interpunct posted:

Whoever designed the current creative hub probably disabled a lot of UI stuff. The XP should still accumulate.

Sometimes it glitches.

That headshot zone wars challenge was super frustrating for me. I finally convinced my kid to go play the map in a private creative instance to finish it off, after being pulverized in pubs for a few hours.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

Blorknorg posted:

Yeah, it still works. The UI feature is just turned off. If you happen to be looking when it accumulates then you still get the notification but it's at the bottom of the screen and cut off. It seems like when the bar is "turned off" it just gets a location below the view. I had some issues with getting the XP yesterday but then after a few hours I logged back in and I already had it. So it was like it was delayed a lot but I finally got it.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
The O2 show in creative is so fun. I purchased this group’s album right away

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I didn't care for them.

Pictured: Me playing Fortnite.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

the Pro 100 quests are somehow even worse than the Zone Wars one, what the gently caress is this summer, Epic

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
Counterpoint: I like pro 100 a whole lot more than sweatybuildercircle.jpeg, where my "team" steals every weapon before I can even load the map that's like 3kb in file size, that's for sure. I got all of the quests done so far except the 10 headshots one because gently caress that game mode, that's why.

Here's a secret to nobody but me probably:
If you stick around long enough in pro 100, everyone will leave except you and someone you might be in voice chat with; at which point you can share kills in a completely sportsmanlike manner. And since punchcard quests are active and tracked in pro 100... you can basically cross out all weapon elimination quests, headshots, etc... for many experiences.

Also a secret to me until right now:

Engineer Lenk posted:

Sometimes it glitches.

That headshot zone wars challenge was super frustrating for me. I finally convinced my kid to go play the map in a private creative instance to finish it off, after being pulverized in pubs for a few hours.

Apple Craft fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jun 27, 2021

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Also, when you go into the Blue Room, the Squeezy Life tag code is covered by other tags on the wall. What the hell?
Why the hell can't they just add it to your locker the normal way they do everything else?

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Engineer Lenk posted:

Sometimes it glitches.

Thank you Apple Craft for quoting this because i missed it earlier. i had zero intention of trying the zone wars part of it so had pretty much written the whole drat summer quest thing off. And thank you Engineer Lenk for posting it!

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
I have no idea how to actually do that though. A friend and I tried to do it and it's not working for us.

It just says I cannot use custom matchmaking for this mode.

edit: nvm got it

Apple Craft fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jun 27, 2021

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Apple Craft posted:

I have no idea how to actually do that though. A friend and I tried to do it and it's not working for us.

It just says I cannot use custom matchmaking for this mode.

Yeah, i had to check reddit for the specifics. i see that you managed it but i'm trying to put off going to bed and i already had most of this done :colbert:

1. Start here. Make sure you're heading for Creative, make sure the people you want involved are in your party already, and mash that PLAY! button.

2. Choose CREATE and mash that LAUNCH button

3. On loading in, turn a bit to your right.

4. See those console screens next to the glowy bits? Go to the one that's like on the right and use the console. Fight the urge to enter the light.

5. If you've been playing either recently, they'll show up on RECENT ISLANDS. Otherwise you need the island codes (3424-1388-0947 for Pro 100 or 4059-2791-0712 for Zone Wars Custom Trio). It works great and assuming i can keep a 9yo focused, i should be done with what's ready tomorrow.

Soon after the portal next to the console you used will change to the Creative map chosen and your friends and you can go (into that specific portal, mind you) and do whatever it is you do when you're playing fortnite on maps without vehicles.

a big fat bunny fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jun 27, 2021

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
For stupid people like me, I would add that you need to be in a party with your buddy and load into the same hub together, then go through the same portal together in order to find yourself in the same lobby. No custom code/passwords are needed, and actually won't allow this to work if you try.

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!
Pro 100 has a few gold caches that make the game really uneven, since they're first come, first serve (1k in the couches across from the vault, 5k in the wall sconce near the jewelry case in the room through the upstairs rift).

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

If you want to be *that* jerk who starts the Pro 100 round with all gold everything, there's 7000 hidden gold on the map (link goes to the most straightforward YouTube video I could find showing all three spawns).

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Freaky Flights is infinitely better than the last two but people jumping out of/being forcefully ejected from the planes before actually dying really does slow the progression

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!

HebrewMagic posted:

Freaky Flights is infinitely better than the last two but people jumping out of/being forcefully ejected from the planes before actually dying really does slow the progression

If you just want to power through the challenge, I recommend a heavy sniper: pick off people camping on wings on the other boat. If you camp on a wing on your own boat, all of them are also over 150m so it helps with the sniper and distance rare quests as well as providing an easy target for your opponents.

The whole 'crash a plane into an enemy entrance, get on a wing, and one pump opponents as they get in the plane to get out' is a lot less sportsmanlike.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I mean the alternative here is just doing it with friends which I've been doing this whole time for these things - six buddies make all this poo poo way less aggravating, honestly

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003

So I guess Lebron James has a skin coming? Interestingly though it seems to have a costume from Space Jam 2...which makes me mildly wonder if there might be Looney Tunes skins coming? That would certainly be something I was interested in.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Shadow the Hedgehog should be a skin in this game.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
Good news for my fellow queers or people who just like rainbows in a straight way https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/1417486574850281493?s=20

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Is that why they had free sprays in the store.

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003

Cammy (now featuring tights) and Guile (now featuring weird face) are available now 'for 24 hours honest' but these seem to always get extended and return before the end of the battlepass if anyone who cares misses them.

I *think* the alt costume for Cammy was from Final Fight Streetwise? Here's the two costume variants for each in the bundle:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Cammy looks okay but that Guile is terrible.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The way they structured this BP should be the way from now on. It’s a lot better.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
His hair is far and away the absolute worst feature there. If the artists fixed that, I think it would be fine.

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003

The Superman section of the battlepass unlocked today. Sadly looks like the second page of it is all stuff tied to having done a LOT of epic quests, like up to 100 or so, so I guess I'm not going to be getting the second page stuff.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Blorknorg posted:

The Superman section of the battlepass unlocked today. Sadly looks like the second page of it is all stuff tied to having done a LOT of epic quests, like up to 100 or so, so I guess I'm not going to be getting the second page stuff.

It shows 85 total but it’s already counted the ones I’ve done so I’m like 10 away.

Also does anyone wanna be friends for these dumb quests?

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Remember weekly F-O-R-T-N-I-T-E collections and level-up battlestars hidden in loading screens?
What about the secret skin being both good, and secret, meaning specifically not revealed in the menu?
I miss the map changing in meaningful ways and actually staying changed.
Remember when leakers didn't say poo poo like, "I found this really cool poo poo, guys. but I'm gonna hold back on that info because I don't want to spoil it for you."?
Or goons actually playing this game that is not dead?

Also, Corrupted Scratch is Love. Corrupted Scratch is Life.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I just nailed a 124 m headshot after calculating bullet drop and am feeling pretty :coolfish:.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It’s some straight bullshit I don’t get exp in creative mode.

I have no idea why either I’ve literally tried everything.

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

Meant to check up to see how you were doing with that, here's a quick breakdown. It can be hard because if you think it's not working and leave before the 20 minutes is up it'll reset the time. You really just have to start it and just go do something else for like an hour and a half essentially.

THe "hour and ttwenty' should probably change to an hour and a half for buffer, but that's pretty much how I do it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Blorknorg posted:

Meant to check up to see how you were doing with that, here's a quick breakdown. It can be hard because if you think it's not working and leave before the 20 minutes is up it'll reset the time. You really just have to start it and just go do something else for like an hour and a half essentially.

THe "hour and ttwenty' should probably change to an hour and a half for buffer, but that's pretty much how I do it.

Awe gently caress lol I was waiting 15-18 min and it wasn’t doing poo poo so I went to my island for about that same time.

I’m gonna load it right now and wait 25 min and see if I get a tick at least then I’ll know it’s working. I already wasted a good hour in creative trying different stuff.

Thanks for the picture!

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!

MarcusSA posted:

It might help to put on an infinite traversal emote. I usually idle in the creative lobby with the boom box emote from last season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Engineer Lenk posted:

It might help to put on an infinite traversal emote. I usually idle in the creative lobby with the boom box emote from last season.

Yeah I did it last night and I just wasn’t waiting long enough it seems like. It didn’t give me a pop up like I was expecting.

I watched a few YouTube videos to make sure and one dude said 15 min and showed that it would give you a pop up which is why I assumed it didn’t work.

I’ll definitely get level 100 with no issues now. I’m 78 already but I just want to make sure I hit it.

Also some of the song emotes are pretty interesting. I bought one like last week that was from some catchy French pop song and I went to check out the rest of her album and it’s not terrible!

I have no idea why I like the song emotes so much but they are just fun little things.

I think part of it is how well animated most of them are.

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Aug 24, 2021