Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

I know someone mentioned the celebrations are toned down, but I'd lose my mind watching my opponent do a full choreographed number after every hole.

This poo poo is mad-streamlined for maximum fun.

I'm hooting and slapping my rear end.
I don't know what game you made up in your head here that has long reaction animations after every hole, it sure wasn't World Tour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

:laffo:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

nachos posted:

I gotta say the dialog boxes and fonts in Mario golf look like placeholders. Completely out of place.

Not to mention the ‘voices’ of the characters:
Head Coach:
HEY HEY
YAH
HEY HEY
HEY HEY

The game is great but like you said, so many things feel like placeholders they forgot to actually put effort into.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
So Monster Hunter is pokemon but you shoot the pokemon?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

homeless snail posted:

I don't know what game you made up in your head here that has long reaction animations after every hole, it sure wasn't World Tour

Someone literally posted it itt but ok

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean they posted a reaction but it wasn’t terribly long

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mario Golf Super Rush is going to end up being pretty expensive cause now I'm buying my wife a Pauline outfit

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Mario Golf Super Rush is going to end up being pretty expensive cause now I'm buying my wife a Pauline outfit

drat, that is a great idea.

And a Chargin' Chuck one for me.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
Praise Waluigi

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean they posted a reaction but it wasn’t terribly long
Yeah its a couple seconds long at most if they did real good, and is also skippable. Its not some terrible burden you have to bear with before you can get back to the golf, so the "actually its a good thing they didn't do the fun unique animations for every character" narrative is kinda weird

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

enojy posted:

God drat! There really should be more fanfare in the game for stuff like this.

From reddit:

https://gfycat.com/untimelygoodnaturedeastrussiancoursinghounds

what they get for playing Yoshi to be honest

Shammypants posted:

The story is absolute rear end but the story has always been absolute rear end so there isn’t a good story to compare it to

the point wasn't how good/bad the ending was, more like how it just kind of ended instantly and how it was obviously unfinished

Orange Crush Rush fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jun 27, 2021

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Yoshi is the Shooter McGavin of Mario Golf.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Vic posted:

Praise Waluigi

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

After a two day spout with Amazon, I finally got my mClassic, and it doesn't work correctly.

I have a 4K monitor that natively supports 1440p as well -- my MiSTer and PC run at 1440p -- the mClassic is only taking 720p and outputting it to 1080p, but it seemingly does nothing to 1080p.

There's nothing I can try or do either, there's no updates, or anything for the mClassic. It's the device and three switches, that's it.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

LODGE NORTH posted:

After a two day spout with Amazon, I finally got my mClassic, and it doesn't work correctly.

I have a 4K monitor that natively supports 1440p as well -- my MiSTer and PC run at 1440p -- the mClassic is only taking 720p and outputting it to 1080p, but it seemingly does nothing to 1080p.

There's nothing I can try or do either, there's no updates, or anything for the mClassic. It's the device and three switches, that's it.

Is that like... Mario?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

So Monster Hunter is pokemon but you shoot the pokemon?

No.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

LODGE NORTH posted:

Sir this is a Mario Golf clubhouse

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I got it specifically so Mario Golf would look better on my monitor :negative:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

The biggest problem with Mario Golf Super Rush is that they gave everyone cute outfits except Yoshi.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Mario Golf looks bad, a $100 dongle isn't going to fix that.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

YoshiOfYellow posted:

The biggest problem with Mario Golf Super Rush is that they gave everyone cute outfits except Yoshi.
And DK, and Boo, and Chuck, and King Bomb.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

American McGay posted:

Mario Golf looks bad, a $100 dongle isn't going to fix that.

Oh hey I remember you! You were the one hating on Mario Golf because of review scores while the rest of us are enjoying the game a lot and playing online with one another. You do you bro.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I feel if your actually enjoying the game you wouldn’t be here being insanely defensive

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Kirios posted:

Oh hey I remember you! You were the one hating on Mario Golf because of review scores while the rest of us are enjoying the game a lot and playing online with one another. You do you bro.
lol what

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

YoshiOfYellow posted:

At least we know free content updates are coming down the line included courses & characters. And presumably proper tournaments.

Why would you presume this?

homeless snail posted:

If goons are in love with this, that's great. My son wanted it, I bought it, he's loving and I'm not hating it. But when I see posts like that I'm positive a lot of them didn't play World Tour (that particular poster very well may have, but I see a lot people saying they haven't played one of these since the GBC or even never). That game was polished with fun as hell courses and a bitchin' tournament mode from the start. Nintendo treats their sports games almost like 2K treats the WWE games; taking out beloved stuff almost nonsensically in the name of change. This has glaring omissions, changes for the worse, and 100% feels rushed out the door. Personally I wanted the best version of Mario Golf they've ever made. This isn't it.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I feel if your actually enjoying the game you wouldn’t be here being insanely defensive

Also this. Heaven forbid some of us don't think it's GOTY.

Fly Ricky fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jun 27, 2021

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Kirios posted:

so uh do you want that biggie sized?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Fly Ricky posted:

Why would you presume this?
They announced it at E3 (although what they showed just looked like an additional Mario Odyssey themed Battle Golf course and Battle Golf sucks). Also the same devs updated Aces a few times over the lifespan of the game with like 4(?) additional characters.

Really what the game needs is an asynchronous tourney mode like the 3DS game had.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

homeless snail posted:

Yeah its a couple seconds long at most if they did real good, and is also skippable. Its not some terrible burden you have to bear with before you can get back to the golf, so the "actually its a good thing they didn't do the fun unique animations for every character" narrative is kinda weird

Also you can skip them all by being bad at golf.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

American McGay posted:

Really what the game needs is an asynchronous tourney mode like the 3DS game had.

I 100% agree.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Dabir posted:

"Mario, six ?-blocks are missing."

there'll be no dlc for Mario Odyssey then, I'll tell the children

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I just started Fire Emblem Three Houses and this is going to be extremely my jam. However I've only done the first mission and already I can see there's gonna be a thousand things to remember. Any tips you wish you'd known when you first started? PS Deer house 4 life

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Mario Golf is great so far. I really wish they spent more on art direction and animations. They missed some real opportunities for comedy.

I do like all at once a lot, but I think it makes the power shots moot many times. I can’t figure out how to affect anyone with Waluigi’s power shot. It’s just a line drive?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

LODGE NORTH posted:

Rewatch the Digital Foundry video on it.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yes. Insanely. Frothing in the mouth levels of anger because people disagree with me. I'm just saying y'all may just wanna own up that you were wrong on this one. S'all good, admitting one's mistakes is how you grow and become a better person.

Edit: Since you did say it, reason I posted earlier is because my old Switch has next to no battery life and the kids get priority on the TV since it's like 110 up here in Portland. Had to charge. :(

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Personally I don't see any issues running my switch on either a 4k OLED or a 27" 4k AOC monitor. Heck I think I even played it on a 1440p ultrawide for a a while. You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I play my switch at 1440p and it seems fine

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Kirios posted:

you appear to be confused

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

LODGE NORTH posted:

It is my understanding that the mClassic doesn't really do all that much for the Switch but works really well for stuff like the PSTV and any sort of pre-PS2 system with an HDMI mod. I did some research on it, because I was close to getting on for my Switch as well; it isn't really made for upscaling to 4K, sadly. The only thing is really does for 1080p is some post-processing with varying mileage.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Stux posted:

you appear to be confused

Yeah I think it was the dude with the Bears avatar in hindsight. Still American trolls a lot so you can see why I thought that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Alan_Shore posted:

I just started Fire Emblem Three Houses and this is going to be extremely my jam. However I've only done the first mission and already I can see there's gonna be a thousand things to remember. Any tips you wish you'd known when you first started? PS Deer house 4 life

Don’t recruit too many people it kinda zaps the game.

Default classes are fine but wyvern lords are OP for almost everyone.