Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Roth posted:

Rest assured, I have banned the word "beefer" from QCS

The best mod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
just makin me think arbys

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Roth posted:

If nothing else, victory is now assured

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

This could be my out as people post beefer just to annoy me into madness

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Whenever (x) isn't posting in the Trump/Covid/Tesla/Climate/Riots megathread, all the other users should be asking, where's (x)?

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
gradenko_2000 has tons of experience modding a huge Phillipines subreddit. They know how to do this and will do a good job.

Moreover I find gradenko to be personally trustworthy and wholesome. They handled the pandemic honorably by consistently advocating responsibility. In the COVID thread they've stood up against repeat abusive posters. Personally I also like that they're well read and outspoken about the dark history of intelligence programs---so in my mind, appointing them to the highest position possible would help foster trust that this website is not some kind of online intelligence front for messing with leftists.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Spergin Morlock posted:

literally nobody calls edibles beefers, except harton and crew

the GBS basement crew, but CSPAM instead

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Roth posted:

thank u sir

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
No one has come forth with a good reason to move threads out of CSPAM so it's not something I am going to do.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

cspam should only have tankie mods

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Athanatos posted:

No one has come forth with a good reason to move threads out of CSPAM so it's not something I am going to do.

harton wins again. hes always right

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

:hai:

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Azathoth posted:

aww I don't even get a catchphrase drop? weak

no tankie? no thank ye.

commit to the bit. move the overton window left. tankie it up

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

cumshitter posted:

harton wins again. hes always right

you’re a straight guy role playing as gay with a tacky username. your shtick sucks and you’ve made this thread worse.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

gay_crimes posted:

you’re a straight guy role playing as gay with a tacky username. your shtick sucks and you’ve made this thread worse.

oh my god you are loving dumb hahaaha

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

ram dass in hell posted:

no tankie? no thank ye.

commit to the bit. move the overton window left. tankie it up

make pener a mod. i bet he'd hate it haha

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

now we're talking

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

shine did suggest crowdsourcing mods

sentence pener to being a mod

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Pener would be a great mod

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

cumshitter posted:

oh my god you are loving dumb hahaaha

gay_crimes posted:

Holy poo poo I don't care, move on with your lives.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

I like having a bunch of different non politics threads in CSPAM. If CSPAM was *just* obsessive politics posting it might become more like the blasted hellscape pedantry of D&D, where dipshits endlessly police the content of threads to make sure everything stays on topic and off topic fun is banished to some other forum. I like the more relaxed feel of CSPAM, and having gaming threads that aren't obsessed with strictly interpreting Mass Effect through a Marxist lens goes a long ways towards creating that feel.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Varinn posted:

shine did suggest crowdsourcing mods

sentence pener to being a mod

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Gripweed posted:

Finally, some data-driven decision making! We can see that the podcasts thread has the most overlap with the rest of the forum. So we simply take the podcast thread poster whose posts get the most engagement. Everyone welcome the new C-SPAM mod, xtal!

literally shaking that i am robbed of moderatorship because podcasts are mathematically slightly more everycspammish than pop culture

btw who are the top thirty cspam posters anyway it would not at all surprise me to learn that the pop culture thread is only so high up there because im like number thirty one or something

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Jazerus posted:

there's a place for everybody here. i think all of the threads are important to our community and it's very weird to me to want to ship some of them off to other forums, or shut them down. i mean a thread vacation somewhere else seems fun tho.

I only voiced support of that because people in one thread seemed to roll out into other threads they didn't like in order to shitpost them into oblivion. That's it. And I don't care where people post, or what they're interested in, but the only reason I knew what thread they were from was because they basically identified themselves.

Still, I fundamentally believe that anyone losing a forum home, whether it's a whole forum, or a thread, because of some bad posting sucks rear end. That shouldn't happen unless it's actually the entire forum or the entire thread that's absolutely beyond redemption and I don't really think that has happened much in these forums history. There are better ways to go about dealing with it.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

gay_crimes posted:

dont start litigating people's sexuality, come the gently caress on

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Does (apparently) objectionable trump thread material really get posted frequently in other threads? I mean besides the times when someone who doesn't like it happening in the trump thread brings it up to argue something. I don't read a whole ton of threads most of the time so this is a real question.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Red Baron posted:

I ask because there clearly seems to be an appetite for posting about games and cooking and other things with people that you can somewhat safely assume share some of your overall leanings in political thought—and presumably other things as well. if the place for that kind of congregation is not here, then where?

I do wonder if the people who feel this way venture into other forums with any regularity. For example, while it may not be discussed all that often inside the forum, AI is one of the few left leaning areas for automotive discussion available ANYWHERE, online or in real life. We recognize it is a rare thing to have that kind of space where anyone left of center is tolerated, much less the majority and have a vested interest in keeping it that way now that we have a home. In short, come post about wrenching on rusty shitboxes with us comrade, bonus points for EV swapping a volga. :sun:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

resistentialism posted:

Does (apparently) objectionable trump thread material really get posted frequently in other threads?

no

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Tiler Kiwi posted:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Elmnt80 posted:

I do wonder if the people who feel this way venture into other forums with any regularity. For example, while it may not be discussed all that often inside the forum, AI is one of the few left leaning areas for automotive discussion available ANYWHERE, online or in real life. We recognize it is a rare thing to have that kind of space where anyone left of center is tolerated, much less the majority and have a vested interest in keeping it that way now that we have a home. In short, come post about wrenching on rusty shitboxes with us comrade, bonus points for EV swapping a volga. :sun:

yeah, we do. the cspam threads are still fun because they're with a different community and, crucially, they're about a big topic all in one thread instead of a bunch of specialized threads. kinda hard to go from talking disco elysium to mass effect to donkey kong anywhere in games. but i would guess that most cspam gaming thread posters read threads in games, etc. as well.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Some Guy TT posted:

literally shaking that i am robbed of moderatorship because podcasts are mathematically slightly more everycspammish than pop culture

btw who are the top thirty cspam posters anyway it would not at all surprise me to learn that the pop culture thread is only so high up there because im like number thirty one or something

Don;t make this guy a mod tia

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Tiler Kiwi posted:

thank you

seriously, thank you

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Happy Thread posted:

It would help if well-known and well-loved women from a given thread were simply made IKs pre-emptively before they ever get ganged up on by the forum mafia.

Imagine if snoo, snake and bake, and facetoucher cat had been IKs/mods all along, to help the place chill out instead of what happened
i realize this may be a bit but i assure you the way to make women feel more welcome is not to put random ones on pedestals because men have decided they like them.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

exmarx posted:

trump thread posting (at least when it spills over into here/good c-spam threads/qcs) reminds me a lot of the ~2018-era gbs crowd who posted that krusty the clown pic everywhere. it's not that the content is harmful or whatever, they just don't have any kind of social awareness and make other threads worse to read.

I agree with this comparison and I don't think it's an unreasonable expectation to ask posters to pretend to be normal when they're outside their clubhouse. There's not really an appreciable difference between this spillover and that one GBS weirdo who shows up in unrelated threads to post anime snake girls. Maybe your friends in your home thread who speak the same language would find it really funny but divorced from the context of mutual understanding it's just impenetrable and annoying

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
so i guess we're down to one mod now? i agree that lighter moderation overall is the ideal, but maybe expediting a couple of people to share in the mod duty burden should be a priority?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

resistentialism posted:

Does (apparently) objectionable trump thread material really get posted frequently in other threads? I mean besides the times when someone who doesn't like it happening in the trump thread brings it up to argue something. I don't read a whole ton of threads most of the time so this is a real question.

duscat backed up flavius in stirring up poo poo in the marxism thread until it got deleted lol.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

resistentialism posted:

I'm pretty sure if someone spammed "TRIMPO" or "beefers" in non-chat thread they'd be DJ Jazzy Jeff'd out of the thread

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Instead of being probated in CSPAM, people are sentenced to an equivalent amount of IK service

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Oh Snapple! posted:

Instead of being probated in CSPAM, people are sentenced to an equivalent amount of IK service

:hmmyes: