Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

ASAPRockySituation posted:

If Gradenko is willing to be one, he should be.

I appreciate all the kind words from everyone here and I love this community but I would like to emphatically state in no uncertain terms

If drafted, I will not run; if nominated, I will not accept; if elected, I will not serve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Happy Thread posted:

It would help if well-known and well-loved women from a given thread were simply made IKs pre-emptively before they ever get ganged up on by the forum mafia.

Imagine if snoo, snake and bake, and facetoucher cat had been IKs/mods all along, to help the place chill out instead of what happened

remember when you saw people posting about neopets in the saga thread and them made a nazi hitlist of them all? i do!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Make Nichael a mod

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

gradenko_2000 posted:

I appreciate all the kind words from everyone here and I love this community but I would like to emphatically state in no uncertain terms

If drafted, I will not run; if nominated, I will not accept; if elected, I will not serve.

now we really need to make him mod

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

the ol "i dont wanna be a mod" routine. classic.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

imagine wanting to be a mod lol

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

resistentialism posted:

Does (apparently) objectionable trump thread material really get posted frequently in other threads? I mean besides the times when someone who doesn't like it happening in the trump thread brings it up to argue something. I don't read a whole ton of threads most of the time so this is a real question.

In my experience it's less actual "thread material" that gets exported than it is dumb poo poo posters looking to spam some other thread into oblivion

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

gradenko_2000 posted:

I humbly offer myself in gradenko's place. I promise to be naked in my aggression and unflinching in my dispensation of wrath

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Homeless Friend posted:

duscat backed up flavius in stirring up poo poo in the marxism thread until it got deleted lol.

Oliwan used to pick fights in the glenn thread, and pull trump thread posters into the glenn thread.

Dustcat came into the marxism thread and only started posting explicitly to scold larry lmao.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Tiler Kiwi posted:

the ol "i dont wanna be a mod" routine. classic.

After we force him into being a mod, you're next :mrgw:

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
grad please dear god resist with all your heart and soul

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
go from grey to blue gradenko, give in to your true nature

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

sorry cumshitter, I was out of line. I must have read some mistaken hearsay, but it’s not my place to post even if it were true. Best of luck with your future cum making GBS threads. mods punish me
or ignore me or do whatever is fit

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Roth posted:

Rest assured, I have banned the word "beefer" from QCS

you were right to do so. i think it's dumb too

but harton marched into QCS, like pigpen but the stink lines are weed smoke, and he got everything he wanted

harton is always right

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Oliwan used to pick fights in the glenn thread, and pull trump thread posters into the glenn thread.

Dustcat came into the marxism thread and only started posting explicitly to scold larry lmao.

luring people into the glenn thread is its purpose though, hell i wish it happened more

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

twoday posted:

Yeah I post in C-SPAM - it's the

Culture
Science
Politics
Aeconomics &
Magic

forum

so true

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
cumshitter, you're gay

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

cumshitter, you're gay

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

:yeshaha:

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Homeless Friend posted:

luring people into the glenn thread is its purpose though, hell i wish it happened more

yeah, everyone is welcome in the glen thread. please, tell us how much you hate him

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I could honestly see pretty much anyone with an IK star in CSPAM right now doing well as a mod.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

my mod feedback is just ban happy thread or dumb lowtax or whatever so no one ever has to hear about that dumbass list they made ever again. or put them into deep witness protection in some dark corner of CCCC. whatever it takes.

its been like a year and a half, my people yearn for freedom

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Jazerus posted:

yeah, we do. the cspam threads are still fun because they're with a different community and, crucially, they're about a big topic all in one thread instead of a bunch of specialized threads. kinda hard to go from talking disco elysium to mass effect to donkey kong anywhere in games. but i would guess that most cspam gaming thread posters read threads in games, etc. as well.

Hyper specific threads are kinda intimidating to get into. Sometimes I just wanna talk about games as a general topic, so its nice to have a general games thread.

But its not like threads are a limited resource. Theres no reason *not* to have a bunch of threads so long as people enjoy posting in them.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Homeless Friend posted:

cumshitter, you're gay

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

make pener a mod. i bet he'd hate it haha

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

The modocracy is shrunken and weak. Now is the time to seize control for the people and implement a radical horizontalist postocracy in its place

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Compulsory Service Probationary Assistant Moderation

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Endorph posted:

i realize this may be a bit but i assure you the way to make women feel more welcome is not to put random ones on pedestals because men have decided they like them.

Here you go assuming their gender is the only possible reason to want to make them IKs, but not the fact that they are all good chill posters who bring interesting research and stories to the COVID thread that people enjoy. Calling them "random women" and categorizing their well-regarded thread histories in terms of what you assume men think is a poo poo attitude.

If their gender makes them a target due to forums cliques and moderation, then the obvious question is why weren't they the ones in power. They had already hit all the other qualifications such as being well liked. Also having a history of reacting well to thread conflicts which IMO is the only qualification for modship that matters besides trust.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i thought it was bagina for so long until i saw it in print

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

gay_crimes posted:

sorry cumshitter, I was out of line. I must have read some mistaken hearsay, but it’s not my place to post even if it were true. Best of luck with your future cum making GBS threads. mods punish me
or ignore me or do whatever is fit

its cool i know what happened just try to learn from it

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Happy Thread posted:

Here you go assuming their gender is the only possible reason to want to make them IKs, but not the fact that they are all good chill posters who bring interesting research and stories to the COVID thread that people enjoy. Calling them "random women" and categorizing their well-regarded thread histories in terms of what you assume men think is a poo poo attitude.

If their gender makes them a target due to forums cliques and moderation, then the obvious question is why weren't they the ones in power. They had already hit all the other qualifications such as being well liked. Also having a history of reacting well to thread conflicts which IMO is the only qualification for modship that matters besides trust.

post the list

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Happy Thread posted:

Mods please never permaban this poster

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Jazerus posted:

yeah, we do. the cspam threads are still fun because they're with a different community and, crucially, they're about a big topic all in one thread instead of a bunch of specialized threads. kinda hard to go from talking disco elysium to mass effect to donkey kong anywhere in games. but i would guess that most cspam gaming thread posters read threads in games, etc. as well.

I get it, even AI has its chat thread for talking about whatever with your car buddies. I just sometimes feel that there is resistance to wanting to go post in some of the hobby forums because of whatever preconceived notions someone has about whoever posts there. But I'll go back to reading because there are some interesting posts being made. And dreaming about an ev swapped volga on bags because god drat. :circlefap:

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

how can I be in a damp garage when I’m sitting in my boat? That’s pretty silly

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Nichael was a great IK for the like the 3 hours he was allowed to be one considering he immediately gave one of our shittier old mods a sixer immediately.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Any of you play bass by chance?

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Happy Thread posted:

im going to air juggle your rear end until your hp turns 0

https://twitter.com/nocontextmugen/status/1339344368260485128

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Give some poor unsuspecting bastard the mod star. If they suck and CSPAM hates them (or they just arent suited for the job) set up an easy process to recall them without waiting for a meltdown.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

anyone who wants to be a mod shouldn't. give it to gradenko and let's see what happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas but instead of a child being tortured it's a cspam poster being forced to be a mod