Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

the academic who came up with the term green lanterism was a complete loving dumbass because that reference makes almost no intuitive sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

who the gently caress is this piece of poo poo

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/opinion/trump-white-house-anonymous-resistance.html

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Some Guy TT posted:

the academic who came up with the term green lanterism was a complete loving dumbass because that reference makes almost no intuitive sense

lol it was matt yglesias

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Torpor posted:

how did avery brooks of DS9 get black listed by hollywood? apparently he is looking for work. he's been married to his wife since '79 and got a DUI, that sounds like a hollywood paragon of virtue to me.

his very existence is a reminder that black actors could and did get high profile work prior to the current era of hyperwokism

levar burton is likewise incapable of getting acting jobs for the same reason despite having powerful meme energy

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

theCalamity posted:

It makes sense that the White House would say this. Pelosi said that the House would not take up the bipartisan bill without the reconciliation also going through the Senate. Until Nancy goes back on that Biden gets to act like he is for a bipartisan bill without needing to add any qualifiers to his support.
Oh you bitch i was gonna do this

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

look if bidens justice department doesnt enforce trumps fascist laws theyre no better than the fascists

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

actually on further consideration green lantern theory makes a lot of sense if we remember that piss is yellow

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

"Green Lantern" theory owns because for it to make sense as an analogy you need to not only know what some B-tier comic book character's powers are, but you need to be familiar enough with the character to know how the character's powers are portrayed as working and it's not at all intuitive based on the knowledge you might have from cultural osmosis. If you are normal, you would simply assume the ring is magic

The obscure naming of it is a feature rather than a bug though

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Oh ok that's why I don't know what the gently caress you guys are talking about, I've heard of the superhero's name but that's it.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

laughing so hard I wake my cat up

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

"Green Lantern" theory owns because for it to make sense as an analogy you need to not only know what some B-tier comic book character's powers are, but you need to be familiar enough with the character to know how the character's powers are portrayed as working and it's not at all intuitive based on the knowledge you might have from cultural osmosis. If you are normal, you would simply assume the ring is magic

The obscure naming of it is a feature rather than a bug though

Whoever came up with it desperately just wanted to talk about their favorite superhero in a political context and made up the rationalization after the fact.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
I finished Bad Blood which was loving great for my ego; holy poo poo hose Theranos investors were
some real dumb assholes. any other cspam reading recommendations??

edit: i dont know how green lantern ring works but through cultural marxmosis I've heard his powers were basically limitless and very OP

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Some Guy TT posted:

look if bidens justice department doesnt enforce trumps fascist laws theyre no better than the fascists

the broader response to this question never ceases to amaze me

who's worse: fascists or fascist enablers?

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

docbeard posted:

Whoever came up with it desperately just wanted to talk about their favorite superhero in a political context and made up the rationalization after the fact.

It was Matty Glesias so yes 100%

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

the unsourced screenshot in the tweet specifically says an academic came up with it though implying that either someone confused yglesias for an academic or that yglesias stole green lantern theory valor from an academic bechdel style

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

sexpig by night posted:

there's literally nobody in america more dangerous than a wealthy white lady who doesn't see you as a person, those fuckin psychos will fight like prisoners over things that mean absolutely nothing to them, just to make sure you don't get it. AOC doesn't have the bloodlust of a suburban white woman, none of us do.

thanks for reminding me of that woman who pretended to be under assault from a black guy with the explicit goal of getting him swiss-cheesed by the cops, because he asked her to put her dog on a leash in a park where it was required

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

tinstaach posted:

thanks for reminding me of that woman who pretended to be under assault from a black guy with the explicit goal of getting him swiss-cheesed by the cops, because he asked her to put her dog on a leash in a park where it was required

Amy Cooper and it was on the day of George Floyd's murder

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

tinstaach posted:

also you should remember when he even went out all 'look guys don't harass her or whatever just let her fade away after we called her an rear end in a top hat' she still said she was in the right and was actually the victim because people on the internet were saying 'what a loving bitch' and that's v. rude language.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Excelzior posted:

Amy Cooper and it was on the day of George Floyd's murder

oh my god this I forgot

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

also you should remember when he even went out all 'look guys don't harass her or whatever just let her fade away after we called her an rear end in a top hat' she still said she was in the right and was actually the victim because people on the internet were saying 'what a loving bitch' and that's v. rude language.

she did get fired from her investment broker job tho

lmao owned

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
trumps gonna name MTG his VP and it will take roughly half an hour for her to throw his feeble rear end down an elevator shaft after he makes fun of her in a cabinet meeting

first girlboss president yall

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Watch this and die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHANufZIAyQ

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Excelzior posted:

she did get fired from her investment broker job tho

lmao owned

she's suing for discrimination

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

fits my needs posted:

https://twitter.com/SeanMcElwee/status/1408820038044426241?s=20

former abolish ice man angry some guys dad donated hella money to trump and the republicans? i dont get it

giving big money to trump doesn't rule, but the general concept of running up your credit cards if you know you're dying rules. buy a bunch of poo poo for your grand kids and make the credit card companies eat it, gently caress them.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1408938900651970560

thank u aoc for setting the record straight

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

giving big money to trump doesn't rule, but the general concept of running up your credit cards if you know you're dying rules. buy a bunch of poo poo for your grand kids and make the credit card companies eat it, gently caress them.

i think some states are trying to fix that by transferring the debt to the kids if theres nothing left to take from the estate or whatever

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i perked up and thought aoc was a smythe giantess but shes short af. aoc destroying hope AGAIN

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/1408878571343515653

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

to be fair Biden is rarely if ever lucid enough to mean anything he says

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Bidens a fuckin idiot

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Lmao at the comments on this scolding dude for "not knowing civics" and "you should be mad at Republicans not democrats!"

Shame hogg turned into a weird pillow grifter but it's also amazing to watch someone who survived one of the most horrific school shootings ever get scolded by his "allies"

https://twitter.com/davidhogg111/status/1408587582557011971?s=19

Looking forward to the day hogg realises the dems will never do poo poo for him or anyone in his generation and there's honestly no point in even trying to get them to do useful poo poo. Absolute waste of energy

silicone thrills has issued a correction as of 06:57 on Jun 27, 2021

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020
nothing is going to ever get done on gun control other than taking them out of the hands of minorities, lol

'gun control' as most democrats conceive of it is insanely racist

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://twitter.com/BillyCorben/status/1408587760449949696

lol

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

nothing is going to ever get done on gun control other than taking them out of the hands of minorities, lol

'gun control' as most democrats conceive of it is insanely racist

Definitely agree.

This whole tweet thread is a gold mine for cheese brains

https://twitter.com/gallowaymp/status/1408889327871004677?s=19

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

lol that democrats thought they were getting Second Obama and what they actually ended up with was Second Dubya complete with shittier Patriot Act

Of course since Dubya is fully rehabilitated now none of them see this as a bad thing

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

silicone thrills posted:

Definitely agree.

This whole tweet thread is a gold mine for cheese brains

https://twitter.com/gallowaymp/status/1408889327871004677?s=19

not mentioned: what the democrats are doing to address the threats to the lives of all humans, like climate change, impacts of covid19, destruction of democracy (lol)

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

lmao the white house is literally just ping-ponging back and forth based on whatever the news coverage is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Remember how people used to be super mad that trumo just did what ever cable news said he should do?