Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

blatman posted:

the heat makes everyone stupid (and its real hot atm)

It is 9 pm in Cow town and it is 29 and yes, I am hating life at the moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Bilirubin posted:

i'm gonna loving die when it hits 38'C

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Bilirubin posted:

This past 500 pages or two has been not good

I agree

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Bilirubin posted:

Most houses in Calgary not having AC is baffling to me.

It's going to be a bad time for a lot of people.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Lol. Being in Manitoba means we're already prepared for temperatures to swing between 40 and -40.

It's nice and cool on the west side of Lake of the Woods rn.

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.

apatheticman posted:

Historically Calgary cooled off enough at night so you didn't need them. It's one of the best things about Calgary.

I'm guessing there isn't a single ac unit left in Southern alberta right now.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Time to tear down anything else remotely affordable in Vancouver
https://www.citynews1130.com/2021/06/25/vancouver-older-rental-buildings-air-conditioning/amp/

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Demon_Corsair posted:

Historically Calgary cooled off enough at night so you didn't need them. It's one of the best things about Calgary.

Counterpoint: time to see whether our power grid does a Texas this week

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

https://twitter.com/GlobalBC/status/1408836379111571457

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbAqWA-dxvw

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

also before im accused of a hate crime or whatever you should know i was raised catholic

and i have every right to say i consider their churches burning cool and good

unless its like one of the churches in my hood that are like 90% filipino or whatever. theyre cool.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

apatheticman posted:

growing up there was maybe one week a year when it mattered. cooled right off at night

guessing most builds in the last few years have ac or a heat pump though

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Burn down more churches

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
I won't bother linking their FB accounts, but these two shitheads from NS posted gleeful videos to PEI's largest Facebook groups of them running the confederation bridge covid testing checkpoints. Both of them are anti-mask, anti-vac, right wingnuts, and the only reason to post was to trigger the libs. Well, mission accomplished I guess. They kicked a hornet's nest all right, and Islanders did not appreciate it. They were caught by police within hours and will get a few thousand bucks in fines. I hope the fish and chips were worth it.

quote:

CHARLOTTETOWN, P.E.I. — Two people who entered P.E.I. illegally on Saturday, June 26, will be charged under the Public Health Act.

A release from P.E.I. Public Safety said Police found the individuals on the patio outside Brits Fish & Chips after staff called the non-emergency line.

Hamed Voghoufi and a coworker acted after they saw videos posted on social media showing people boasting about crossing the border illegally.

“We found out these guys basically skipped the checkpoint and they went through the trucker lanes,” he said. “We kind of panicked at that time, and I immediately called the cops to see what we have to do.”

Voghoufi wanted to thank people who commented on social media to let the restaurant know what was happening, he said.

“Without them, I wouldn’t sit down on social media and watch (the) video. Without them, it would be a different story. We would have acted later.”

In the video, the people can be seen asking an official which way truckers go (without being tested) so they can also avoid the test.

A press release from P.E.I. Public Safety after the arrest said anyone travelling to P.E.I. must follow the public health measure of the Chief Public Health Office.

“Anyone who does not adhere to these requirements may be charged,” it said.

Voghoufi said actions like this put small businesses in a difficult situation.

“The thing is, if you reject them, they will go against the business.”

Furthermore, three people seated at the table were wearing Trump hats, he said.

“I was going to ask them to leave until I saw the Trump hats. And to be honest, when you see something like that, I don’t know. If you try to tell them to leave, they will get more angry.”

That’s why he called the police.

When they arrived, the people surrounded the police and Voghoufi, taking videos with their phones.

“I just left,” Voghoufi said. “I don’t want to deal with these people. They’re not making any sense.”

Police told Voghoufi the restaurant can stay open, though the staff also did a thorough sanitization, Voghoufi said.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Canuckistan posted:

I won't bother linking their FB accounts, but these two shitheads from NS posted gleeful videos to PEI's largest Facebook groups of them running the confederation bridge covid testing checkpoints. Both of them are anti-mask, anti-vac, right wingnuts, and the only reason to post was to trigger the libs. Well, mission accomplished I guess. They kicked a hornet's nest all right, and Islanders did not appreciate it. They were caught by police within hours and will get a few thousand bucks in fines. I hope the fish and chips were worth it.

This is how people on PEI react whenever anybody From Away visits regardless of whether or not there's a pandemic tbh

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Demon_Corsair posted:

I'm in Edmonton and the same thing is happening. I miss having that cool air gently fall on my bed from the window overnight.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
damnit bobbeh

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

This is how people on PEI react whenever anybody From Away visits regardless of whether or not there's a pandemic tbh

don't they have a whole musical about how friendly they are to folks from away?

Spek
Jun 15, 2012

Bagel!

FormaldehydeSon posted:

Burn down more churches

Preferably after wildfire season though.

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Nah

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Now, are we certain that this isn't just God finally getting around to inflicting divine punishment on those that deserve it, or the priests themselves burning down the churches for sympathy? :tinfoil:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
COMPAGNIE TOMMY went and complained in QCS about our "bloodlust" so we should watch out for having contemporary mainstream Canadian political opinions right now that he considers impolite

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

we cant build condos without churches. this is a national nightmare

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Arivia posted:

COMPAGNIE TOMMY went and complained in QCS about our "bloodlust" so we should watch out for having contemporary mainstream Canadian political opinions right now that he considers impolite

What, not like there's going to be any punishments handed out (except maybe a "comedy" probe for me :newlol:), I wouldn't sweat it

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

its probably time for a rereg buddy, nobody likes you

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

infernal machines posted:

That's newfoundland

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Canada has a lot of catching up to do if we want to reach Norway levels of church burnings.

https://dailyhive.com/mapped/norway-black-metal-church-fires-history

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

infernal machines posted:

that was newfoundland

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Arivia posted:

Fuckin narc

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

bunnyofdoom posted:

That's newfoundland

pokeyman posted:

that was newfoundland

eh whatever. it's all the same place

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

RBC posted:

we cant build condos without churches. this is a national nightmare

it's hard to make $1.5mil loft conversion of a burned down church

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

What, not like there's going to be any punishments handed out (except maybe a "comedy" probe for me :newlol:), I wouldn't sweat it

you're a loving idiot for thinking people venting about/hoping for bad things to happen to a major genocidal force in Canada should be punished. this entire thread is exhausted with your holier-than-thou opinion

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Snitch bitch, go gently caress yourself

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I'm starting to think the other posters itt are kind of unhinged, ngl

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

if you think asking nicely is gonna fix this atrocity, you're loving delusional

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Go cry to the mods about it

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

gently caress you shithead

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Narc

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

you're operating from the position that there's some unusual CSPAM anger here instead of Canada at large grappling with "HEY WE'VE KINDA COLLECTIVELY BEEN IGNORING ALL THE DEAD CHILDREN"

we can't loving ignore this poo poo any more

anger against the catholic church is justified. no one here is saying go out and attack catholics in the street, but we ARE talking about how the institutions of power have acted to protect the church, its wealth, and its property. hoping that churches are gonna burn, that the church will lose property and not people, when they're directly acting to cover up these atrocities and still are today, is justified.

you want a loving source? go actually talk to indigenous people, go read the TRC report. This poo poo has been known for decades, but White settler Canada has collectively decided to ignore it. And it's loving over. We can't go back as a country, as peoples living in the part of Earth we call "Canada" without wilfully turning our back on literal genocide and systematic child rape.

And you're hosed for asking for decorum or politeness or acceptable responses when people at large are loving done. Look at APTN, look at the Star, look at the CBC, everyone left of O'Toole is trying to figure out what to do (including the federal government looking to cover their own rear end, as they do.)

This isn't CSPAM being angry. This is our mainstream political issue right now in Canada. The sooner you accept that and figure out where the gently caress you stand on it (and hopefully it shouldn't be hard to figure out that you don't support murdering and raping children but hey maybe you want to double down some more), the better off you will be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

gently caress off