Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Sydal vs Martin 5 4.55%
Bunny vs Statlander 8 7.27%
Ego vs Bear 2 1.82%
Hangman vs Powerhouse 10 9.09%
Omega vs Boy 85 77.27%
Total: 110 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I feel like Jericho has been exactly this way for forever, so his comment doesn't surprise me. I highly doubt it ever turns into anything.

Eat My Fuc posted:

boomers threatening young people over minor jokes on social media is high key pathetic.

Shayna Baszler is 40.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

and Shotzi Blackheart was grown in a lab specifically to Triple H's stupid metalhead + army tastes so she doesn't count either

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
AEW would never have signed either of them in the first place I am pretty sure

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
I guess I should not say "never" but I feel it is extremely very unlikely

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Remember when Jericho kept the safety of everyone in mind when he played at Sturgiss in the middle of a pandemic and kept saying COVID wasn't serious

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

also pretty weird to me that anyone in wwe is gonna come out criticizing the camera work of another fed for making a high risk bump look stupid and hokey

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I don't feel like either side of the Jericho/WWE folks who made fun of Jericho feud has exactly covered themselves in glory here, but on the other hand

MassRafTer posted:

It's also very funny to see drama like this.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

here's to ya

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Shotzi’s entire career is built on her genuinely hurling her body into things so she probably has the most justification of anyone to Lol at the bad looking fall spot

Shayna has already been dealt karmic retribution in the form of a doll she has to be scared of

Both ladies are good wrestlers

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Here's my hot take on this

That dude got nailed in the nuts

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Codependent Poster posted:

Remember when Jericho kept the safety of everyone in mind when he played at Sturgiss in the middle of a pandemic and kept saying COVID wasn't serious

And we learned that COVID wasn't serious to the people it didn't compromise to a permanent end. Or permanently compromise

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MJeff posted:

So I stumbled across this.

https://twitter.com/Christian4Peeps/status/1102701197226635264

I wonder how long Christian has known Jungle Boy.

This is cool and really adds to their mentor/protogee relationship

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

SonicRulez posted:

Shayna Baszler is 40.

ah, so a millenial

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

hmmm. not sure. someone do the work and tell me what shotzi and shayna baszler said about the spot so i can comment on who is wrong

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

SonicRulez posted:

Shayna Baszler is 40.

That's the perfect young lion age for the WWE.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Cavauro posted:

hmmm. not sure. someone do the work and tell me what shotzi and shayna baszler said about the spot so i can comment on who is wrong

Shotzi posted a gif of someone falling onto a bed. Not sure what Shayna did sorry

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

was jericho blowing off steam or did he make sure his assistant reminds him of which two women it was every time wwe fires people?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Doudrop I do not take kindly to people who minimize the risk I take when I put my body on the line, and I think you’ll find no quarter in the AEW locker room after your cutting remarks

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I think Blade looked really good after abandoning the peroxide and going full bald. I guess Miro can have the blond buzzcut again if he wants it.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

unfair to judge shotzi who probably hasn’t got to the class on big bumps at wrestling school yet

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

jesus WEP posted:

unfair to judge shotzi who probably hasn’t got to the class on big bumps at wrestling school yet

Yeah that's not until 6th year at the PC

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think the tweets are irrelevant since AEW wouldn't hire them anyway. Not an issue of them being bad or good. Need that 2nd TV show rolling first, imo.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I'm gonna ignore Jericho and watch Hobbs spinebuster Hangman a bunch more

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

At Hell in a Cell this year Drew landed on a crash pad that was out of frame and the camera caught a guy pushing pieces of broken table out from under the ring after so I don’t think anyone from WWE should be criticizing when those kinds of spot don’t go great from a production standpoint.

Crashpads are a necessary reality now because nobody should have to take a bump like Foley did in a major promotion ever again. Both companies need to do a better job of concealing them for TV so they don’t break immersion and overshadow the rest of the match.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Dacap posted:

At Hell in a Cell this year Drew landed on a crash pad that was out of frame and the camera caught a guy pushing pieces of broken table out from under the ring after so I don’t think anyone from WWE should be criticizing when those kinds of spot don’t go great from a production standpoint.

Shotzi posted this after that spot

https://twitter.com/ShotziWWE/status/1407060380027850753

It's ok to laugh at funny things on the TV

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1409221239596630022?s=19

Excited to analyse Griff's emotional state.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

xbilkis posted:

Shotzi posted this after that spot

https://twitter.com/ShotziWWE/status/1407060380027850753

It's ok to laugh at funny things on the TV

drat i hope impact doesnt do any poorly framed shots or shes gonna tweet herself out of a career

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

MotU posted:

drat i hope impact doesnt do any poorly framed shots or shes gonna tweet herself out of a career

Eh, much worse has been forgiven by promoters who think they can make money with someone. Shotzi is really bad though so who knows how much longer her career's gonna go before she seriously injures herself anyway.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
SHARTZI WHACKFARTS

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I think I might have seen Texas indie guy Zac Taylor in the wrestler section of the crowd last night which would be exciting as he was one of the trainers when I was training. Super nice guy and a delight to be around so I'm hoping it was him and he gets some Dark matches.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Botchi Stankfart

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
I find the shotzi bashing itt amusing because I distinctly remember how disappointed people were when she signed with nxt rather than aew

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The popular and entertaining wrestler was always bad and has a doomed career because she posted a mean gif about mega dumbass Chris Jericho

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Everyone needs to lay off Shotzi, she is just a minor leaguer and learning to wrestle.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/aew/status/1409240365589098498?s=21

Glad to see PB Smooth get booked. Riho vs. KiLynn should probably be good.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

xbilkis posted:

The popular and entertaining wrestler

I'm gonna have to take your word for it.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

kitten emergency posted:

I find the shotzi bashing itt amusing because I distinctly remember how disappointed people were when she signed with nxt rather than aew

She became always bad then I guess. Shotzi is cool and good and I enjoy watching her.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

CombineThresher posted:

Eh, much worse has been forgiven by promoters who think they can make money with someone. Shotzi is really bad though so who knows how much longer her career's gonna go before she seriously injures herself anyway.

i cant think of anything worse than gifs

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
maybe if you said it "jifs" it would be the same but inherently worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

lol everytime someone gets released from WWE i have to hear about how smart it is for them to not say anything bad about WWE because they shouldn't burn their bridges. and
then it turns out someone in WWE maybe burned their bridges with AEW because they talked poo poo (and they didn't even have good reason like abused ex wwe contractors except to pop the waning in power HHH) and its suddenly an unfathomable injustice.