Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer

Alltså jag tycker "Vad Aftonbladets ledarsida nu anser infrias:" är så ofrivilligt(?) rolig text på en sån här meme

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Haha, where did you find this.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

I don't understand the implications of the bottom right picture. It looks like fika without coffee, and maybe two people are sharing a plate?

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
After the last election when it was so hard to form a government the talman invited each party leader to talks and it became a big thing about what kind of "fika" each person wanted. The newspapers wrote a lot about it too, for instance https://www.expressen.se/nyheter/val-2018/talmannens-forsta-svara-pussel-valet-av-fikabrod-/

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Lol so C collapsed the government for nothing. And now what is Sabuni going to do?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

lol we wish the world thought we were cool enough for that sort of crazy. This whole mess is a blip on the radar on the world stage.

Which I think is very funny, because every time *something* of note happens in Sweden, the papers (and SVT) will inevitably start reporting on how the rest of the world is now looking at us and what they're thinking. We're incredibly insecure as a nation, and it always shows.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
And for what? For a little bit of money.

It feels sort of absurd that this even went as far as it did for something so obscene. History was certainly made, now wasn’t it?

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Lol seems C is folding?

https://www.aftonbladet.se/senastenytt/a/GaoVEJ/c-backar-fran-forslaget-om-fri-hyressattning

"Nu backar Centerpartiet från förslaget om att införa fri hyressättning i nyproduktion. Det säger partiledaren Annie Lööf i en intervju med Dagens Nyheter.

– Vi hoppas att Liberalerna nu kan komma tillbaks. Januariavtalet bygger på att vi fyra partier som står bakom det kan presentera en budget och genomföra liberal politik. Vi ser att en justering av Januariavtalet också kan innebära att vi satsar mer på rättsväsendet och integration, säger Annie Lööf till tidningen.

Vidare säger Centerledaren att hon vill se en samverkan i den breda mitten av svensk politiken och att den bästa vägen för det är att fortsätta Januariavtalet.

Annie Lööf vill istället för hyresförslaget istället se ändringar i höstbudgeten. Partiet vill istället att höstbudgeten ska innehålla rejäla sänkningar av inkomstskatten för låg- och medelinkomsttagare.

Skatten ska dessutom sänkas på Investeringssparkontot, ISK."

Ok so that was a pretty common guess, that C would sacrifice marknadshyror and instead try to get some other liberal economic reform, like more tax cuts.

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Jun 23, 2021

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

lilljonas posted:

Lol seems C is folding?

https://www.aftonbladet.se/senastenytt/a/GaoVEJ/c-backar-fran-forslaget-om-fri-hyressattning

"Nu backar Centerpartiet från förslaget om att införa fri hyressättning i nyproduktion. Det säger partiledaren Annie Lööf i en intervju med Dagens Nyheter.

– Vi hoppas att Liberalerna nu kan komma tillbaks. Januariavtalet bygger på att vi fyra partier som står bakom det kan presentera en budget och genomföra liberal politik. Vi ser att en justering av Januariavtalet också kan innebära att vi satsar mer på rättsväsendet och integration, säger Annie Lööf till tidningen.

Vidare säger Centerledaren att hon vill se en samverkan i den breda mitten av svensk politiken och att den bästa vägen för det är att fortsätta Januariavtalet.

Annie Lööf vill istället för hyresförslaget istället se ändringar i höstbudgeten. Partiet vill istället att höstbudgeten ska innehålla rejäla sänkningar av inkomstskatten för låg- och medelinkomsttagare.

Ok so that was a pretty common guess, that C would sacrifice marknadshyror and instead try to get some other liberal economic reform, like more tax cuts.

From VBK:
Without L, S/MP/C is smaller than M/KD/SD so good luck getting a budget through without V.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Cardiac posted:

From VBK:
Without L, S/MP/C is smaller than M/KD/SD so good luck getting a budget through without V.

Yeah but by pulling marknadshyror and removing the ”humiliation clause”, which was L’s idea anyway afaik, they might get one through with V. Who has just scored a big win and can go out of this from a MUCH stronger position than they were in just weeks ago.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

V has quite frankly said that they want Löfven back, and did this specifically due to marknadshyrorna, implying that the removal of that motion was the clinker. I guess we'll see.

Tax cuts are stupid when we need to pump more money into social security programs but it sure beats marknadshyror any day of the week. I'm genuinely surprised Lööf and her stooges saw the writing on the wall on that one; absolutely everyone hated the idea.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Liberalerna signaled within 50 minutes that C can go to hell and that the alternative to V is mortal combat (where L will die horribly lol wtf are they doing).

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

MiddleOne posted:

Liberalerna signaled within 50 minutes that C can go to hell and that the alternative to V is mortal combat (where L will die horribly lol wtf are they doing).

I guess they're trying out this cool new concept of "having principles", only noone cares because they sold out on those earlier this year so lol.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy that there's even a possibility of them exiting national politics.

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Sweden doesn't do religion. But if they did, it would probably be the best religion in the world.

lilljonas posted:

Lol seems C is folding?

Those tax cuts are nowhere near as bad as the rental housing situation could be with market based rents Stockholm, even for new properties. I'm glad she saw reason, With Kakabaveh V, S, C and MP has 176 votes, which is enough to get Löfven back into the drivers seat.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Postorder Trollet89 posted:

Those tax cuts are nowhere near as bad as the rental housing situation could be with market based rents Stockholm, even for new properties. I'm glad she saw reason, With Kakabaveh V, S, C and MP has 176 votes, which is enough to get Löfven back into the drivers seat.

Yup and as long as C stop being babies about it I think V will support Löfven for a relatively small price, given that this whole deal this far has been a victory lap for V.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

EL is saying they might also perhaps possibly maybe be ready to topple the government if S makes welfare reforms with the right. Suuuuuuure.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i haven't been following the swedish process very closely but it looks like it's all winning for V from where i'm sitting

they made a specific stand on a popular issue and seem to have gotten their point across without legitimising a government further to the right? that's deft political craftsmanship

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

V are absolutely the big winners in this scenario

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Intriguing set of tats on this photobombing arm that SVT has on its front page

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Beeswax posted:

It's very easy to find that idiot on Google. It's a segway cop. Here is his Instagram is you want to cringe: https://www.instagram.com/doktornpodcast/

ETA: he's all about Jesus, Freemasons and Latin phrases. And posing with his tattoos and segway.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Is Sabuni doing a speedrun to get her party thrown out?

I’m not really surprised other than the fact that she doesn’t really communicate well why L has decided to go down this path.

Gedt
Oct 3, 2007

At this point the most credible theory I can come come up with, aside from Dunning-Kruger, is that Sabuni got paid off to old yeller L :iiam:

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Maybe they're hoping that part of their lost base will return now that they're trying this cool new thing, sticking to principles.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

anatomi posted:

Maybe they're hoping that part of their lost base will return now that they're trying this cool new thing, sticking to principles.

The principles they adopted earlier this year and tanked their support to begin with? I admire the hustle, but mostly I’m just entertained.

LoL turns out the internal L people are just as befuddled as we are.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

BigglesSWE posted:

The principles they adopted earlier this year and tanked their support to begin with? I admire the hustle, but mostly I’m just entertained.

LoL turns out the internal L people are just as befuddled as we are.

As the polls show, L tanked their support when they joined JÖKen. They tanked their support because they joined the S coalition which a large part of their voter base was not ok with.
In contrast to C whose voter base was ok with it.
If they flip flop back again, then they go in next year’s election. Trust and consistency matters in politics. Whatever short gains L can win by agreeing with S and C will be punish them in next election, where Ls only hope is supporting votes from M.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Cardiac posted:

As the polls show, L tanked their support when they joined JÖKen. They tanked their support because they joined the S coalition which a large part of their voter base was not ok with.
In contrast to C whose voter base was ok with it.
If they flip flop back again, then they go in next year’s election. Trust and consistency matters in politics. Whatever short gains L can win by agreeing with S and C will be punish them in next election, where Ls only hope is supporting votes from M.

Yeah but diehard M voters won't save L, they are still salty AF about L not supporting Uffe last time. It's like Sabuni is some kind of weird olympic torch bearer, but instead of running towards Tokyo she's running across the country burning down each and every bridge she can find.

Also she's awakened the dissatisfied anti-SD part of her party AGAIN (Leissner o co), who will be feeding the newspapers with anti-L articles the months prior to an eventual snap election. When she's currently has 2% of the voters backing her. It's insane. Turned out that she had a meeting to discuss the C proposal with the top party leadership, but then went out to media and shot it down two hours before the meeting. Without telling the rest of the party in advance. She's asking for a mutiny.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Beeswax posted:

Ok sorry but this just looks ridiculous. Such a poor and obvious set up trying to do a determined walk forward or whatever and it utterly fails. Especially the tryhards wearing sunglasses. :wtc:

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy
Glad midsommar.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

lilljonas posted:

Yeah but diehard M voters won't save L, they are still salty AF about L not supporting Uffe last time. It's like Sabuni is some kind of weird olympic torch bearer, but instead of running towards Tokyo she's running across the country burning down each and every bridge she can find.

Also she's awakened the dissatisfied anti-SD part of her party AGAIN (Leissner o co), who will be feeding the newspapers with anti-L articles the months prior to an eventual snap election. When she's currently has 2% of the voters backing her. It's insane. Turned out that she had a meeting to discuss the C proposal with the top party leadership, but then went out to media and shot it down two hours before the meeting. Without telling the rest of the party in advance. She's asking for a mutiny.

Well, yeah.
I never said she will get the M votes, only that it is her only hope. IMO L is hosed in next election, when it happens.
Also, there is always a mutiny in L.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ntv9R1She5A

Cakebaker
Jul 23, 2007
Wanna buy some cake?
Can someone explain to me what this 'broad collaboration' in the middle that C is banging on about is supposed to look like? Because they seem to refuse to do so themselves and no reporter is asking them.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Annie Lööf as prime minister.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

grand coalition government, probably. it makes sense if you squint and forget that scandinavia is not germany

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Snus, snaps och saltlakrits
Buuu, talmansrundor var det klart tråkigaste alternativet. Hoppades på val och gallring av småpartier.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Agreed.

Also laughed at Löfven's narrative that V has aligned itself with the right-wing block. Classy guy. Working real hard to burn any remaining bridges with V.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

A snap election was never an option, it would have been suicide for MP and a bad deal for S.

e: Sifo currently (as of June 18) has MP at 3.5% and S at 25.8%, down from 4.4% and 28.3% respectively in 2018. They had absolutely nothing to gain from a snap election.

Collateral Damage fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Jun 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Would be a colossal gently caress you to L tho and who could say no to that? Stefan, I guess.

Wellp.