Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

My place did a lower energy version of this. Installed bright rear end lights (that shine directly into my window) in the courtyard and added big concrete planters. Then upped rent like 5%.

Didn't address anything else that sucks like the constantly flooded wet brick or the 70's appliances

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sick! Thats DOPE posted:

lol it looks like garbage

Just looks like gentrification dot jay peg

Around here at least

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Greetings! Athanatos and I are running a C-SPAM feedback thread, and we want to make sure as much of the C-SPAM community as possible is aware of it, in case you want to give the site admins direct feedback on stuff.

Athanatos posted:

Hello CSPAM folks. Shine and I are admins here on SA and we need your help. Tell us about CSPAM! We want to hear good things, bad things, neutral things. I cant be a good admin and help with poo poo if I don't know about a place, so here I am. Things we'd love to hear about include:

• Threads that are great. Things that are funny or entertaining or informative. Why do you think as such?
  • People who deserve recognition for being great here and adding to the community. Forums are nothing without worth-a-poo poo people, who is under-recognized and deserves some props?
  • Things that loving suck in CSPAM. No place is roses all the time. What needs changed and WHY? What might not need a change per say...but is something you don't like.

This is your chance to write words about your home forum.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Ugh typical gimmick poster spamming,.. smh

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

Shine posted:

Greetings! Athanatos and I are running a C-SPAM feedback thread, and we want to make sure as much of the C-SPAM community as possible is aware of it, in case you want to give the site admins direct feedback on stuff.

*In a hardcore, poorly acted Keanu voice* woah

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
Shine is still on the forums?? Who knew

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Baller Ina posted:

more like shine on you crazy diamond

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Baller Ina posted:

He tried to leave, but that didn't work out

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
still trying to shine a turd

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
I saw this crop up in the wild again and I still don't know how it can possibly be true. Maybe if you assume they're all 2-income households and then divide the numbers in half?

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Yes. Those are absolutely two income households, except the older brackets start declining steeply as one or both partners retire. The jump between 15-24 and 25-34 can also be explained as single income individuals becoming two-income families.

Speleothing has issued a correction as of 16:34 on Jun 26, 2021

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/everydaybastiat/status/1408219049478209547?s=21

Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012

Wasn't that an amongus nugget from a BTS meal though? I don't think a normal amongus nugget would get past 5 figures.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
its just a particularly insane instance of appropriation of labor value from the mcdonalds worker?

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

I think the labor theory of value has trouble with unique items like works of art or actors performances. Marx's idea is applied to commodities which are generally reproduced over and over and are identical, so you can use the idea of socially necessary labor time.

A freak chicken nugget isn't like, a commodity, so the price can be really far away from the value... but the profit made on the nugget isn't only from exploitation in this instance I think.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
It isn't really difficult to explain things like that while still subscribing to labor theory of value... LTV is a general macro theory for value setting in industrial society, however this society is also defined by creating surplus for the elites that deforms their behavior, and gives them apparently perverse incentives to act in opposition to the general laws. In this particular case, they are driven to consume Veblen goods, items that only exist to allow the elites to conspicuously offload their wealth and demonstrate their social status, i.e. goods which are on purpose useless, with no utilitarian value and potentially no significant labor value - in fact their value would be diminished if they could be construed as useful. But such goods can only exist for those who have appropriated the surplus value of others, and whose existence revolves only around liquidating the value created by others instead of living off the value of their own work, and is a demonstration of why such a system leads to deranged actions due to structural pressures. So if anything, the chicken nugget only uncovers a further pathology in the system, instead of debunking its principles.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Marx had plenty of discussion around how capitalists can and do use the availability of capital to create cartels and drive prices up or down. The LTV isn't a hard rule, it's an observation that in a healthy market, labor availability constraining supply is the the thing that sets prices. Lots of stuff can constrain supply. Or demand!

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

It's not like Marx denies the existence of supply and demand and its effect on price. Marxian value has a very specific definition.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

steinrokkan posted:

It isn't really difficult to explain things like that while still subscribing to labor theory of value... LTV is a general macro theory for value setting in industrial society, however this society is also defined by creating surplus for the elites that deforms their behavior, and gives them apparently perverse incentives to act in opposition to the general laws. In this particular case, they are driven to consume Veblen goods, items that only exist to allow the elites to conspicuously offload their wealth and demonstrate their social status, i.e. goods which are on purpose useless, with no utilitarian value and potentially no significant labor value - in fact their value would be diminished if they could be construed as useful. But such goods can only exist for those who have appropriated the surplus value of others, and whose existence revolves only around liquidating the value created by others instead of living off the value of their own work, and is a demonstration of why such a system leads to deranged actions due to structural pressures. So if anything, the chicken nugget only uncovers a further pathology in the system, instead of debunking its principles.

Debunking the labor theory of value by withdrawing cash from the bank, dousing it with lighter fluid, and setting it on fire

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

The Oldest Man posted:

Debunking the labor theory of value by withdrawing cash from the bank, dousing it with lighter fluid, and setting it on fire

https://vimeo.com/21103501

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Take this, you fuckin tankies https://twitter.com/BillRatchet/status/835273815227777025

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I got pour gasoline on the ground money!

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Professor Shark posted:

Yeah, the never ending cycle of building a reputation, establishing a customer base, then immediately dismantling it pennies at a time is so frustrating.

Re: clothing: washing in cold water and hanging to dry 100% everything seems to be the key to having clothes last for a long time. I have friends who wash hot/ use the dryer and their poo poo doesn't seem to last very long.

Been getting into this dude whose brand is “The Laundry Evangelist” and he speaks to using warm for everything, because it actually activates the soap and it only lasts a couple of minutes. Also, If you look into the temperature ranges between cold and warm, it’s relatively minimal. 4 different loads: whites, blacks, cools (gray, green blue purple), warms (orange, brown, reds). Activewear is its own load cause of the textiles in play.

He also talks about how most modern detergent is over engineered and over concentrated. He’s been doing laundry camps/clinics at the Mall of America for years and apparently has a good reputation. I’ve been happy with his methods and yeah, an emphasis on air drying which has its own benefits.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
i use cold for everything but my towels and i air dry everything except my towels (because i want my towels soft and fluffy)

oxygenated bleach is the best btw, i use half as much soap as usual and toss in some oxygenated bleach with every load. i toss in extra bleach for particularly nasty loads.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i tossed some exceptionally nasty loads onto your mom

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

bump_fn posted:

i tossed some exceptionally nasty loads onto your mom

well i hope you tossed some oxygenated bleach on her afterward

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

*furiously thinking of joke about cum smelling like bleach*

*gives up, submits reply, closes tab*

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

postin' ain't easy

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

postin' ain't easy

Unlike Cold's mom, apparently

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Antonymous posted:

*furiously thinking of joke about cum smelling like bleach*

Talk about your clean and jerk...

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

would would would would radicalize those moms

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

These political compasses are getting harder and harder to understand.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
That show basically writes out all the non-white characters after season 1

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I was wondering why there wasn't a 'yellow' mom.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
You do get to see Maureen Ponderosa's boobs multiple times so who's to say whether it's good or bad

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Laterite posted:

You do get to see Maureen Ponderosa's boobs multiple times so who's to say whether it's good or bad

"ooooh it wafted over here. the death tooth is burning my nose it stinks."

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I literally hurt myself laughing watching that show during the Hentai explanation opening episode

camoseven posted:

That show basically writes out all the non-white characters after season 1

Yeah, my partner and I noticed that too. Asian mom goes from a main to a secondary and is replaced by her white ex husband while one of the other white characters divorces her African Canadian wife and the show replaces her with a 19 year old white woman...

Professor Shark has issued a correction as of 09:23 on Jun 28, 2021

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
im told it’s not just that they’re focused on white women but that they’re all affluent too so the plots are all ennui poo poo like “can’t find a good nanny” etc etc

sounds boring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

good to see the moms working rather than putting off their families until they’re 40+ and then unable to have kids without expensive IVF