Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Kinda hoping Adelaide locks down, I've got some mandatory jobseeker bullshit training I'd like to get out of. Though I'd also like to see if I can finally loving get a ADHD diagnosis. Either works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Ok which one of youse cunts is the dude in the luchedore mask posted itt that rammed a dude on a boat with another boat on YouTube because he's following me on tiktok now

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I am very happy vaccinations are now mandatory for aged & disability care workers. My clients will now be safer.

Also, as a nice bonus, I will most likely lose a couple of staff who are absolute morons. They "Don't believe in man-made medicine" ......loving idiots

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

A few weeks ago I was at the bottle shop and the customer before me said (when instructed to qr code check in) “oh I don’t believe in all that :)” and wandered out after paying

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i've been afraid of vaccinations since the MMR one gave me a delirious fever but i'm gonna get it anyway because i'm a big tough boy

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I'm getting vaccinated because I live in a society

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
How are we going to get more people vaccinated? Should we perhaps source more Pfizer vaccine and look into getting it produced locally?

Naaah, we've already got the AstraZeneca, and that's probably making someone a tidy profit. We'll just let people sign an indemnity waver and roll the dice on blood clots. She'll be right, no worries.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Lube Enthusiast posted:

A few weeks ago I was at the bottle shop and the customer before me said (when instructed to qr code check in) “oh I don’t believe in all that :)” and wandered out after paying

My daughter had to work the front door at her job on Sunday reminding people to wear masks. It took me 30 years to hate humanity as much as she now does at 18.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i can't believe they have to inject it into your grundle though, thats crazy

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

How are we going to get more people vaccinated? Should we perhaps source more Pfizer vaccine and look into getting it produced locally?

Apparently we are getting weekly shipments of Pfizer starting in July, and this had been in place since before the current outbreak.

So you may want to hold off for a smidge if you want Pfizer
(Which I sure as gently caress want due to my anxiety stressing out about efficacy rates)

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Infinitum posted:

Apparently we are getting weekly shipments of Pfizer starting in July, and this had been in place since before the current outbreak.

So you may want to hold off for a smidge if you want Pfizer
(Which I sure as gently caress want due to my anxiety stressing out about efficacy rates)
AZ is fine just get it

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

bowmore posted:

AZ is fine just get it

Sure, so long as you've signed your indemnity waiver.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I've heard the covid vaccine can give you fever dreams for a day straight, so it's got that going for it

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I've heard the covid vaccine can give you fever dreams for a day straight, so it's got that going for it

Normally I have to pay for this so I'll be cut if nothing happens when they dose me. PZ straight into my eyeball please.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Sure, so long as you've signed your indemnity waiver.

You mean the same waiver you sign when you get a flu shot? That poo poo is totally normal for just about any elective administered medical anything including Pfizer.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Seriously, the Australian medical health community is extremely world class while being insanely underfunded and something to be genuinely proud of while we still have it because doctors and nurses are quitting in droves from burnout and no one is coming to replace them because we lost an entire year of training.

The point is if they’re giving out a vaccine it’s safe and good. Also the list of poo poo that causes complications for AZ are very rare and obscure diseases while COVID-19 is not and you should always assess risk relative to known touch points, not “that there are possible negative impacts at all”. Try and compare the risk of complication to the risk of road accident for a similar time for your area and it might put it in perspective better.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
We need to get through the next few months. It is inevitable that even nastier mutations will come along during that time.

It's a pity that we've lost three months of vaccinations because it took that long for the government to clarify that they would indemnify providers.

It's also a pity that the government decided by wait until they had more Pfizer/Moderna on hand to run a major vaccination campaign.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I should probably book in for the az jab tbh. Girlfriend getting a lung clot not too long after her first shot spooked me a little but I'm about as low a risk factor for clotting as you can get I think.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
I'm planning to collect em all.

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥
Isn't mixing and matching supposed to be good for you? I swear someone posted an article about it itt.

Anyway, it's good to see everyone actually wearing a mask on the train these past few days, usually it's more 50/50, makes me feel slightly safer about having to take 6 trains a day.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
im just going to crawl back under my solstice rock for a few more weeks

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I should probably book in for the az jab tbh. Girlfriend getting a lung clot not too long after her first shot spooked me a little but I'm about as low a risk factor for clotting as you can get I think.

It's only a specific type of clot which is a concern. I was a little anxious because I had a DVT last year, but DVTs aren't related to the specific type of clot they worry about.

The more concerning thing is that it will take three months before people who get AZ now are fully protected.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Going to ring the local gp today. Get some az

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

im gonna talk to the doctor my parents use tomorrow. they have atrocious health, hoping to leverage that for my own gain

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

Isn't mixing and matching supposed to be good for you? I swear someone posted an article about it itt.

Anyway, it's good to see everyone actually wearing a mask on the train these past few days, usually it's more 50/50, makes me feel slightly safer about having to take 6 trains a day.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/28/health/mixing-pfizer-astrazeneca-results.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
hotboxing butter menthols under my mask

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

Jestery posted:

Imagining a gin and tonic with a slice of choko

A Chook shed

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

EoinCannon posted:

Going to ring the local gp today. Get some az

Booked my missus and I in for Friday morning. Big shoutout to all the old people who've refused the jab for the last few months. At least we'll have the first shot when the Delta variant finally makes it to Melbourne.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
My big bag of rice from last year's lockdown is still at 5 kg running

Never not have rice

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
I hope we'll see covid vaccination being offered in work places like flu vaccine is.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
Lockdown from 6pm tonight until 6pm Friday for south east Queensland.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Barnaby Joyce got fined $200 for not wearing a mask inside a petrol station. lol

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Making Lao gan ma popcorn

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Lolie posted:

Barnaby Joyce got fined $200 for not wearing a mask inside a petrol station. lol

Should be fined that wherever he goes for being a corrupt turnip headed fuckwit

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
We were going to leave tomorrow morning for Hervey Bay, MIL hinting at us to leave now so we can beat lockdown as if that’s not how the virus spreads.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

One of mum’s employees (mum is a hospital ward manager) got an allergic reaction after AZ1 (not a clot) and so was directed to get Pfizer2 by the health director. It was a bit of a gently caress around since it’s not formally approved and so the vaccine centres initially refused, but the bigwigs intervened and were citing the evidence that it’s better.

It sounds like the medical powers that be are genuinely keen to head in that direction however once again Pfizer supply is what’s stopping them.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

femcastra posted:

We were going to leave tomorrow morning for Hervey Bay, MIL hinting at us to leave now so we can beat lockdown as if that’s not how the virus spreads.

Depending on where you're travelling from, you may need a permit and be required to isolate at Hervey Bay.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

lockdown diary day 1 : had a coffee, need to damage the porcelain something chronic, but the missus is in the room next to the toilet on a conference call, and i'm worried they will hear everything.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Garbo decided to put the tines through our red bin this morning, so had to order a new one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Got a repairman coming to our home tomorrow so thought I'd look up the lockdown rules. Can only have 30 people visit your home but if you have people coming to complete work there is no limit to how many. Makes a lot of sense. Gonna have a tradie party at mine tomorrow. Bring a tool belt.