Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

dogsicle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxLLysD9q6g

some odd stylistic choices here, but i do like seeing him and Beidou in a classic back-to-back fight. english version seemed more consistent than the other video as well. music not really hitting the tops of Zhongli, Albedo, or Eula but it's an early taste of Inazuma style i suppose.

:five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Sanctum posted:

Am I supposed to be able to beat him with no geo? Fighting him again with no Zhongli was a long and awful fight

You can play it co op, that is one way to do it

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Of the two greater Mondstadt world boss fights, Boreas is definitely the more conventional. He's on the field to get hit most of the time unless he gets the cryo zoomies, your role in the fight is mostly to read his tells and use positioning and dash iframes (or Noelle) to avoid damage and hit him a whole bunch, except not with cryo or anemo since those don't touch him. (though setting up cryo for superconduct does help your auto attacks)

Mostly the only concern is that he doesn't play nicely with a lot of Geo characters, since Geo constructs have no iframes and his giant area attacks will rip them apart. That's kind of what you want as a constellated Geo Traveller, but nobody else feels that way.

The memory of Stormterror is a lot more complex. He's got a hard enrage where he'll damage 3 adjacent out of the 9 platforms you have to boss fight on, dealing ramping anemo damage to characters that doesn't reset except on death. No, that's not a DoT getting summed up, it's a DoT getting bigger all the time. Get the heck off them. Fortunately it also permanently activates the anemograna so you barely have to touch down to do an evac.

He'll rage after he gets knocked down once for you to climb his neck and break the crystal, then again after two more knockdowns, then again after three more knockdowns, which if you're counting means that 9 out of the 9 platforms are dealing ramping anemo damage. When you're on the last 3 platforms he also starts constantly firing mini orbital lasers, for extra fun and interactivity.

So the fight is a burst DPS check - how good are you at pumping out a lot of damage in the small window you have to do it? This is where Amber and Lisa really suffer, Lisa especially because I don't think her E even registers during the vulnerable phase. Having Guoba and Oz out to be damage turrets on the horn helps tremendously. Ideally from your little comp you'd be taking in, like, Sucrose, Kaeya, Fischl, and Xiangling, and use Kaeya's E and autoattacks to whack the horn while Oz and Guoba are both blasting it. Season with Mark II, pyronado, and iceknifenado as appropriate and you're fairly solid as long as your gear's current.

Don't worry too much about healing, you can probably just coast with food. This is one of those bosses where taking damage means you're about to lose.

There's also kind of a soft enrage capacity to him. If you can't take advantage of the small windows melees have to whack the gripping claws and drop the neck (short one during the bite, long one if you're on the tail end of the breath rake) eventually he'll fly off into the distance and start doing some bullshit, after which point a big orbital laser hits your platform for one-shot damage. So if you notice him goofin' off in the distance but the camera doesn't get excited about it, grab some grana and hop next door.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Boba Pearl posted:

Oh man, I ran out of Mora already, I upgraded a bunch of items and people without really paying attention.

Are you getting the battle-pass? That really makes a huge difference with Mora, though grinding Mora also isn't a big deal at higher AR (though I imagine you're still probably only in the 20s or so); at highest WL, a condensed resin leyline gives 120k IIRC.

The BP in this gives enough resources that I think it's worth it mostly just for time saved.

It's cool getting a taste of what the Inazuma OST is going to be like. Pretty hyped to hear all of the tracks for that zone.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Sanctum posted:

Am I supposed to be able to beat him with no geo? Fighting him again with no Zhongli was a long and awful fight

You can probably get through the worst of it by tactically using Noelle, though she hasn't got the Zhong uptime and you might need to buy time with Diona or Xinyan. Actually attempting to brazen through it with Crystallize crystals isn't going to work too well. If you get frustrated when Boreas body-blocks you from picking them up, the absolute unit that is Azdaha is going to make you burst a bloodvessel.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

RareAcumen posted:

Gonna buy the Battlepass soon. Deathmatch or Viredescent Hunt, which one do I grab first? I've got at least one of everything else.

I think Viridescent is more useful in that its effect is unique and there are more bow users. But if you do have a polearm (non-physical) DPSer in need of a weapon, DM is great.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Just for the immediate future, we have craftable weapons starting next match alongside a new Bow, greatsword, and sword user.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

I think Viridescent is more useful in that its effect is unique and there are more bow users. But if you do have a polearm (non-physical) DPSer in need of a weapon, DM is great.

I don't have Rosaria, Hu Tao, Xiao, Childe or Ganyu and I've been just assuming Xianling would be fine using the Crescent Pike forever. But I do have the Windblume bow and a Stringless for Venti and Fishcl as well as a Sacrificial Bow for Diona so I don't know if anyone would rather be swapped to that.

Oh, and small reminder for new-ish people playing right now, the boss challenge event heals everyone and gives them all the energy to max out their burst so you can use that to heal instead of the statues while it's still around.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

I don't have Rosaria, Hu Tao, Xiao, Childe or Ganyu and I've been just assuming Xianling would be fine using the Crescent Pike forever. But I do have the Windblume bow and a Stringless for Venti and Fishcl as well as a Sacrificial Bow for Diona so I don't know if anyone would rather be swapped to that.

Oh, and small reminder for new-ish people playing right now, the boss challenge event heals everyone and gives them all the energy to max out their burst so you can use that to heal instead of the statues while it's still around.

Honestly your Bow users are all using better bows for their jobs already. Xiangling can use Crescent for phys DPS but eventually you'd rather her just be a burst damage support and she's generally better with either a DPS spear or an ER spear, so Deathmatch will be an upgrade if you do that.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

They just need to make characters not as annoying to level up. They could keep the rest of the grind, I just want my new FOTM waifu/husbando actually usable instead of spending days or even weeks to finally get them up to par with the current party.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It's nice that Rosaria is apparently going to be on the next banner, since I never got her on her first banner.

halokiller posted:

They just need to make characters not as annoying to level up. They could keep the rest of the grind, I just want my new FOTM waifu/husbando actually usable instead of spending days or even weeks to finally get them up to par with the current party.

It doesn't take that long to get enough stuff to get them to like 70+, unless you're just starting completely from scratch. You don't really need many of the boss ascension materials until the last couple ascensions.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

It's kinda funny poking my head into Youtube and immediately seeing a flood of DONT PULL FOR KAZUHA videos just piling in

this is gonna be albedo 2.0 huh

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It happens with literally every character since ganyu. Google how many don't pull eula vids.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Instructions unclear, will pull for Kazuha.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Mix. posted:

this is gonna be albedo 2.0 huh

Albedo had the misfortune of being directly after the Zhongli debacle and everyone lamenting how utter trash, just burning your money, geo was despite being a very good, solid support.

Now every single character has the misfortune of being released after Ganyu/Hu Tao so people fall over themselves to tell you what trash they are.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tbh I remember people not being that high on hu tao too

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

RareAcumen posted:

Gonna buy the Battlepass soon. Deathmatch or Viredescent Hunt, which one do I grab first? I've got at least one of everything else.
Deathmatch is very good. It's great on Xiangling because of how low base atk high crit stats interact with Bennett's burst, it's great on Rosaria because she has a passive that rewards high crit rate, it's great on Zhong Li because his damage scales off of hp as well as atk so the low base atk high crit is a bonus, and it's great on Hu Tao because she mostly scales off HP so its stat split is ideal.

It would otherwise be an average BP weapon but it just happens to line up favorably with four of the five spear users in the game.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

People also weren't into Ganyu until her bonkers numbers were datamined.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The thing about Kazuha is he's going to be clearly optimal in specific comps - literally any single-element comp will get a huge damage boost by running him and so will freeze comps. His kit feels bad compared to Sucrose though with both at c0, the way she's designed flows and interacts better with being full EM, being stuck into doing plunge attacks on a character built for zero damage just feels weird. I'm still torn on whether I'm going to use a 50/50 on him.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Rewards for the Kazuha web event are 40 Primos, 3 green gems and 20k mora. He and his boat are gone from the beach and it's just the big tree swaying in the wind while the piano plays.
I really like the music they've done in the last few months...

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

lagidnam posted:

Rewards for the Kazuha web event are 40 Primos, 3 green gems and 20k mora. He and his boat are gone from the beach and it's just the big tree swaying in the wind while the piano plays.
I really like the music they've done in the last few months...

It's not new music, it's just from a part of the game where you rarely go, Yaoguang Shoal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6jUyKT8Sto

Though of course the new challenge fight's there, so maybe run around and catch the vibe (and some fatui and field tillers) before ascending the mysterious staircase.

There's a variation that plays when you're exploring Guyun Stone Forest, which they up-tempoed to great effect in the 1.5 trailer, but it's pretty nice as a slow piece too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiMTMeLlctw

Kale
May 14, 2010

To the person who asked yesterday yeah Puzzles and Dragons is still a thing. It appeals to the casual market in Japan too and has collaborated with virtually every franchise under the sun meaning your favorite character or brand is probably in it. Good way to stay relevant without changing up core gameplay or structure in years.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Getting around to the domain event after being away from my desktop for a few days. Wow these bosses are rear end. If they're gonna force people to use range, can they at least buff Amber so everyone has a free usable ranged character?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Aimed shots always bothered me. It's an archetype there was a ton of support for (wanderer's, protocrescent, etc) and it was just abject garbage on every character because it wasnt balanced correctly. Instead of just buffing all aimed shot damage 60 to 70 percent so it would be bad but not embarrassing they did nothing and released a 5 star character that deals 2.5x the standard aimed damage.

Like this is supposed to be something archers are capable of doing, they put a ton of effort into making aimed shots feel nice and they just didnt fix the mechanic.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

RareAcumen posted:

I'd go deathmatch. I have all of them and solar pearl x 2, and I'm only now considering VH because I heard that some Fischl builds are good with it. Still have her with Windbloome ode, and she's doing well with that.

May just get another blacksword since the game seems to really want me to use Keqing, and I only have her at level v20.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Aimed charged shots should happen easily twice as fast as they currently do, since there is already a slim chance you're actually going to hit the weak spot on any given shot.

In my experience, trying to aim and hit a ruin guard's weak spot feels awful, because they run up on you before you can finish charging, and either the reticle seems to have little bearing on where the arrow actually goes, or the weak spots on these guys are blurrier than their design would indicate.

This is on console though, so it might be very different on mouse and keyboard, where your aiming camera presumably doesn't feel like steering a caffeinated boat.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

SlimGoodbody posted:

Aimed charged shots should happen easily twice as fast as they currently do, since there is already a slim chance you're actually going to hit the weak spot on any given shot.

In my experience, trying to aim and hit a ruin guard's weak spot feels awful, because they run up on you before you can finish charging, and either the reticle seems to have little bearing on where the arrow actually goes, or the weak spots on these guys are blurrier than their design would indicate.

This is on console though, so it might be very different on mouse and keyboard, where your aiming camera presumably doesn't feel like steering a caffeinated boat.

Mobile players have it even worse. Yeah, bow and arrow are pretty hit or miss for the weak spot.

Geo MC can put down rocks that allow then to melee their eyeballs.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
Why on console, where you have L2 to aim, can't the circle key just do a regular auto-aimed charge attack like EVERY OTHER WEAPON instead of swapping me into first person mode and then back out a microsecond later? Apparently it's more desirable to have me charge attack into the floor and then throw up from motion sickness.

Another really awesome addition would be able to toggle sticking to freaking walls and steles and anything in the environment that's not coated in teflon like I'm spiderman just getting his powers. Just let me hold the jump button to turn that crap on or off!

There is a very very slim chance that my Klee is going to want to spend ten seconds climbing up a stele in the middle of a GD firefight. I can appreciate the fact that there are a few very influential people at mihoyo who make every decision purely based on whether or not it increases the chance someone will do a plunge attack so I know that's a longshot.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

No Wave posted:

Deathmatch is very good. It's great on Xiangling because of how low base atk high crit stats interact with Bennett's burst, it's great on Rosaria because she has a passive that rewards high crit rate, it's great on Zhong Li because his damage scales off of hp as well as atk so the low base atk high crit is a bonus, and it's great on Hu Tao because she mostly scales off HP so its stat split is ideal.

It would otherwise be an average BP weapon but it just happens to line up favorably with four of the five spear users in the game.

Okay, thanks! Even once I did pick it up I wasn't really sure how it would work for people at that point.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
This makes me think about Ayaka and her kit again. Her E launches enemies. Unless she does it in a Jean way for huge falling damage that's the one thing I don't want to happen. Knockback (like headshotting churls) feels like a mechanic they thought would look cool in a "look, you hit him so hard he went flying!" way but winds up being pretty lovely in-game.

gandlethorpe posted:

Wow these bosses are rear end.

Remember this for the feedback form. I feel like this all would go over smoother if they went at it a bit more like the last event - low score threshold for shop clearing, but you could scale that poo poo up to kick you in the balls as much as you wanted.

ButterSkeleton
Jan 19, 2020

SIZE=XX-LARGE]PLEASE! PLEASE STOP SAYING THE R WORD. GOD, IF SOMEBODY SAID THE R WORD, I WILL HECKIN LOSE IT. JUST PEE PEE MY JORTS. CAN'T YOU JUST CALL THEM A SMOOTHE BRAINED DOTARD LIKE THE REST OF US NORMAL PEOPLE? DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

P.S. FREE LARRY YOU FUCKIN COWARDS.
Ganyu is disgustingly broken, but Hu Tao has an incredibly strong niche and Eula is a solid straightforward DPS. I think Kazuha will work really well if you all ready have Xiao/Venti built up to support.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Mailer posted:

This makes me think about Ayaka and her kit again. Her E launches enemies. Unless she does it in a Jean way for huge falling damage that's the one thing I don't want to happen. Knockback (like headshotting churls) feels like a mechanic they thought would look cool in a "look, you hit him so hard he went flying!" way but winds up being pretty lovely in-game.

Remember this for the feedback form. I feel like this all would go over smoother if they went at it a bit more like the last event - low score threshold for shop clearing, but you could scale that poo poo up to kick you in the balls as much as you wanted.

Last time I looked at her leaked footage her e launches enemies upwards, like venti e, so they should end up in the same place where they started. What is kinda concerning for me is that she's looking like another charge attack spammer or even worse, an ult bot since her ult does an absurd amount of damage in her current beta iteration.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

If Ayaka's launch works like Venti's launch, but without the slow fall, then yeah they'll fall and I guess it's an ok point blank aoe? If they launch higher you can't hit them until they land (it's a knockback) so at best it's a knockdown for shaman/archers and at worst it's a knockback. I haven't seen any videos where they actually show it hitting on something that can be launched. :/

ButterSkeleton posted:

Ganyu is disgustingly broken, but Hu Tao has an incredibly strong niche and Eula is a solid straightforward DPS. I think Kazuha will work really well if you all ready have Xiao/Venti built up to support.

If he can out-battery Sucrose he'd be a permanent Xiao fixture, but that seems like kind of a big ask. I saw him more as a quickswap swirl/vacuum guy in a non-anemo team. Depending on the range of his press E that could be super useful to just constantly suck in spawns in abyss instead of waiting for the Venti/Sucrose big succ.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Mailer posted:

If Ayaka's launch works like Venti's launch, but without the slow fall, then yeah they'll fall and I guess it's an ok point blank aoe? If they launch higher you can't hit them until they land (it's a knockback) so at best it's a knockdown for shaman/archers and at worst it's a knockback. I haven't seen any videos where they actually show it hitting on something that can be launched. :/

https://streamable.com/kck4q5

around 2:40

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Danke! Yeah it looks like a slight loss on damage but probably made up for if the damage is big enough. Will be interesting to see if they turbocharge her numbers on release.

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

Players love overload procs, what if we made a burst a gigantic overload?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Vagabond event manages to make Geovishaps seem less obnoxious

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Ayaka's dash also solves the problem of chasing since it's a elemental dash so it's fast, she can attack out of it fast, and you regain stamina on a hit with the dash attack.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
The new story bit is funny and there's another animated cutscene, I almost missed it but for a moment you can see Kazuha's friend had a cat hiding in his robe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Mailer posted:

Knockback (like headshotting churls) feels like a mechanic they thought would look cool in a "look, you hit him so hard he went flying!" way but winds up being pretty lovely in-game.

It's useful when you need to get a bow churl off a tower while you deal with an Abyss Mage or a mitachurl, but yeah it's broadly a mechanic that maybe could've used more time in the kitchen. Like, knocking an enemy off a tall place should kill them, not respawn them in the same place with full health.