Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Sydal vs Martin 5 4.55%
Bunny vs Statlander 8 7.27%
Ego vs Bear 2 1.82%
Hangman vs Powerhouse 10 9.09%
Omega vs Boy 85 77.27%
Total: 110 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

There was that tweet JB put out after Atlas got signed which everyone wildly misinterpreted to mean that they were a couple and everyone laughed about it.

I remember that. Maybe that was it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

There was that tweet JB put out after Atlas got signed which everyone wildly misinterpreted to mean that they were a couple and everyone laughed about it.

Must be this.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I do wonder how they're going to handle Alan Angles leaving the DO

Cezar clowning in the competition owned. they should have made him go last though.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Pamela Springstein posted:

He's not leaving Dark Order, he's leaving BTE for Sammy's Vlog.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pamela Springstein posted:

Cezar clowning in the competition owned. they should have made him go last though.

The cheating only worked because they went after him!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Rarity posted:

It looks like it's a backwards handspring with your opponent's legs hiding the fact your head misses the ground

This is what I love about wrestling. The best moves are the ones that look deadly but actually miss by a million miles. What's funny is the ones that really hurt usually look like poo poo

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

It looks like it's a backwards handspring with your opponent's legs hiding the fact your head misses the ground

Yeah, it looks like when people take it right it's some degree of this or landing on your opponents leg/your shoulders to protect yourself.

Also wrestlers are dumb and some are super willing to do a backflip onto their head and it makes the poison Rana look amazing.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

I still think the vertical brainbuster JB pulled out was the WOW moment for me

Such a amazing match.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Jonny Nox posted:

It's a move that provably can take out Kenny Omega, but unfortunately JB is no Ishii.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jonny Nox posted:

Such a amazing match.

Same, I always love a good brainbuster and that one sort of came out of nowhere and loving ruled real hard

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Ganso Bomb posted:

He's married to the jungle

When he proposed, did he get down on one chununununununununknee?

Thanks, I'm here all week. Tip your wait staff.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

StarkRavingMad posted:

Just from a quick google of "poison rana one winged angel," Swann did, PAC did, Fenix did, Sydal did, and you were right that Tanahashi did

I'm sure there were others. I would have sworn that Naito did at some point, but search results indicate that I may be thinking of Naito doing that to Okada in some match instead

If someone does kick out of the OWA, it better be like, a coronation of that guy going forward. Hangman may be the only one that makes sense for it, and I'm not even sure if he does. As far as I know, Kota is still the only kick out ever on that move (not counting Okada getting his foot on the ropes as a true kick out)

I think you're thinking of the 2017 G1 final. Omega is on the top turnbuckle and he's trying to do a super power bomb to Naito, but Naito counters into this massive loving rana off the top and Omega loving flings himself all the way across the ring. It was incredible.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Jungle Boy and Anna Jay as headliners in a year or two as a power couple would be fun

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
jungle boy now has everything he needs (Christian & hot partner) to defeat miro

congrats new TNT champ

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i worked myself into a shoot thinking wardlow and anna jay were an IRL couple and my immediate thoughts were "poor wardlow." glad to see i was wrong and stupid

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

rotinaj posted:

Jungle Boy and Anna Jay as headliners in a year or two as a power couple would be fun

feuding with Andrade and Ashley Flair :unsmigghh:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Aye Doc posted:

i worked myself into a shoot thinking wardlow and anna jay were an IRL couple and my immediate thoughts were "poor wardlow." glad to see i was wrong and stupid

But now Jungle Boy is off the market, poor Wardlow.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

as far as my book of aew canon says, griff garrison is still single so that's no big loss

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Flair signing to AEW someday is going to own and be one of the best days I've had on the forums.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I'm trying to think of a nice way to put this, but between messing up the footage of a Dark Order Skit, hitting a parked car, losing a game of hoops against Marko Stunt and breaking Don's hand Brandon Cutler might be the biggest geek in pro wrestling today. That's not even counting his on screen character.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Eat My Fuc posted:

Flair signing to AEW someday is going to own and be one of the best days I've had on the forums.
If that happens it signifies the complete collapse of Paul's power in the company, so the forums will probably be hilarious.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Aye Doc posted:

as far as my book of aew canon says, griff garrison is still single so that's no big loss

sorry he's dating Laura Loomer

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I can't even conceptualize the series of events it would take to get Charlotte in AEW but I can pretty clearly imagine her getting cut because she decided selling for Red Velvet was beneath her.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

EMF means Ric

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

AEW should keep Charlotte far far away.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Dustin teaching Ashley Flair to work will be AEW"s greatest victory.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Don't think he'd do much in the ring for Red Velvet either tbh

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Wow, rooting for her to lose her job. Shameful dude.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Fightful dropping some heavy scoops:

quote:

We spoke to Griff Garrison and Brian Pillman while in Jacksonville about the Varsity Blonds team. Pillman put over AEW's creative process, and noted that there were a couple of people in AEW who didn't like the idea of Julia Hart with Varsity Blonds, but didn't go out of there way to try to stomp it out when he pitched it. Instead, he said that the company was willing to see how it went, and was a success. He also said that he had pitched the team name and presentation of the Varsity Blonds, and while some didn't think it fit, they went with it as opposed to shooting it down.

Griff Garrison just changed from 2-in-1 shampoo to Kirkland brand, and Brian Pillman uses about $100 worth of product in his hair. This was a spirited discussion, and it's worth noting Jungle Boy also uses Kirkland brand.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

God damnit boys, just because you were born on third base with naturally good hair doesn't mean you shouldn't spring for the expensive haircare products. Pillman knows what's up because he's bleaching his.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Everyone should use Dr Bronners miracle soap concoction

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

using 2 in 1 and still having hair like that should be a crime

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!
Ashley Flair has unlimited potential so she might actually do well in AEW if they convince her that where she's at right now loving sucks as a character and a person.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
it's cool that the Blonds seem like a Pillman joint, he's been getting better in the ring and on the mic, but it's good to know he's got a brain for what works on TV

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Aye Doc posted:

using 2 in 1 and still having hair like that should be a crime

i use Confirmed Bachelor brand's 3-in-1

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Poor journalism not asking about the bums r us thing.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

smarxist posted:

it's cool that the Blonds seem like a Pillman joint, he's been getting better in the ring and on the mic, but it's good to know he's got a brain for what works on TV

It is interesting that Pillman seems to be the driving force behind it creatively because you watch their matches and it's clear as day that AEW views Griff as the guy from that team and Pillman as, uh, not.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

It's cool that they let Pillman have a shot at making his idea work cause him and Pillman have clicked way better since adding Julia and fully leaning into the gimmick

MJeff posted:

It is interesting that Pillman seems to be the driving force behind it creatively because you watch their matches and it's clear as day that AEW views Griff as the guy from that team and Pillman as, uh, not.

Griff's not the one getting the big Miro match

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Dustin teaching Ashley Flair to work will be AEW"s greatest victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MJeff posted:

Huh? Pillman's going to be the face when they break up