Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Awesome show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Just finished. Hard to top Gerald on the walkie talkie.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Christs sake though, these subtitles

You just called it a Mole

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
I tried watching some Ferrari documentary on Prime Video and whenever they had some Italian designer talking the subs just read: (talking in Italian).

Thanks I guess.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
A good chunk of non Hollywood features on prime video are machine subbed/translated, weirdly enough a lot of their spotlighted tv works receive the same treatment and provide impromptu comedy.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I thought that might be what was going on here (or like why BSG keeps saying "sullen" and "solid" :psylon:), but LOL at a computer transliterating a poorly enunciated "Mole" as "LOL"

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

For some reason, the first time Gerald appeared on screen, German subtitles automatically turned themselves on for when he was talking. I don't know why Amazon thought I would want to read German, because I don't know how, or why any subtitles would turn themselves on without my input in the first place.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

FogHelmut posted:

For some reason, the first time Gerald appeared on screen, German subtitles automatically turned themselves on for when he was talking. I don't know why Amazon thought I would want to read German, because I don't know how, or why any subtitles would turn themselves on without my input in the first place.

Amazon just does that sometimes. When the latest season of the Expanse came out, it kept showing German subtitles for any text on screen that was meant to be read by the viewer.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Finished Clarkson's Farm the other day, having quite enjoyed it. For some reason I decided to Google up some reviews to see other reactions, and at the top was this weird one:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2021/jun/11/clarksons-farm-review-jeremy-the-ignoramus-rides-again

Which I assume was made without actually watching the show. I mean I know it's the Guardian, but still. Being a professional wet blanket seems to be a lucrative career move in the UK.

Plastic_Gargoyle fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jun 18, 2021

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
For all the talk of his tractor being too big, how big does a farm need to be to warrant it's size (or a grain bin)? It still takes days to complete any individual task for him and Kaleb (who has a similar sized tractor) working together.

I will give the Guardian that a lot of his endeavors are him playing at farming. If he was just trying to make money he wouldn't spend much of his first year buying livestock or building a shop and a pond. That being said, if he can take up a hobby, landscape his house, and come out about even then good for him. Animal husbandry at least has a better ROI than golf.

Also, that Goodfellas joke in the last episode got me.
"Why's he making sauce?"
*Clarkson looks up at helicopter*
"Motherfucker"

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
I think it's more that the farm fields in that part of england are serviced by lanes that are too narrow for a bigass continental tractor?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
On one hand, Clarkson the Long time Rightie But Now Anti-Leopard-Face-Eater is accidentally bringing attention onto the death plight of UK farmers and other producers thanks to the epically stupid and lolfully all-time worldwide self-own of Brexit, on the other hand

He's Clarkson, doing the stupidest things on purpose.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It cracks me up how Jeremy keeps trying incessantly to quote that Python "let's not bicker and argue about who killed who" line

"Let's not get bogged down, shall we, in the ... lack of drainage of any kind to save money"

e: uuuhhh hh am I having a stroke or is there no Episode 4

Data Graham fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jun 20, 2021

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
There is, it's called Wilding, he makes a pond.

I just finished the whole season, and I liked it. It seems like Jeremy really did learn something during his time farming and is able to empathize with farmers and rural people now. I'd like to see another season of it, but I figured that would get in the way of doing Grand Tour stuff.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Weird. Its like literally missing from Apple TV

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
That's weird, maybe there is an licensing issue. Also, the fifth episode is supposed to be called Pan (dem) Icking. Not Pan Icking, that makes no sense.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Yeah it's not on AppleTV but is fine on Prime. Maybe use that.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I wish he'd said he was going to move the water voles to the lee of the stone

e: Operation Bee? "Plan Bee" was right there

Data Graham fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jun 22, 2021

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Wife and I just finished marathoning Clarksons Farm. Without a doubt the best show hes made in absolutely years (and the first my wife has ever enjoyed at all!).

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

Camrath posted:

Wife and I just finished marathoning Clarksons Farm. Without a doubt the best show hes made in absolutely years (and the first my wife has ever enjoyed at all!).

he was having fun and you could tell and then everyone calls him out on his BS.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

"not much dignity in a lamb funeral" had me on the floor

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I loved that the miller was a TG fan taking the piss out of the leader board

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

Finished Clarkson's Farm the other day, having quite enjoyed it. For some reason I decided to Google up some reviews to see other reactions, and at the top was this weird one:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2021/jun/11/clarksons-farm-review-jeremy-the-ignoramus-rides-again

Which I assume was made without actually watching the show. I mean I know it's the Guardian, but still. Being a professional wet blanket seems to be a lucrative career move in the UK.

That same critic wrote this tub of liquid poo poo as a review of Chernobyl

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/may/07/chernobyl-review-chaos-reigns-in-confusing-nuclear-disaster-epic

So I'm actually going to presume Clarkson's Farm is very god and I should go watch it because if a reviewer is smack talking on Chernobyl - literally one of best miniseries to have ever come out and so good it is legitimately hard to be critical of - then they are one of those opposite of reality critics that should never be allowed near a computer keyboard.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

That same critic wrote this tub of liquid poo poo as a review of Chernobyl

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/may/07/chernobyl-review-chaos-reigns-in-confusing-nuclear-disaster-epic

So I'm actually going to presume Clarkson's Farm is very god and I should go watch it because if a reviewer is smack talking on Chernobyl - literally one of best miniseries to have ever come out and so good it is legitimately hard to be critical of - then they are one of those opposite of reality critics that should never be allowed near a computer keyboard.

Ah, the use of untranslated French phrases. Either a sign you're an academic from the 1890s, or you're a pretentious rear end.

I mean I know it's the Guardian, but is the rest of the paper this terrible?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

They've posted a whoooooooole lot of anti-trans stuff so yeah, pretty much.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
What else do you expect from TERF Island?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

Ah, the use of untranslated French phrases. Either a sign you're an academic from the 1890s, or you're a pretentious rear end.

News section is better than most but dear god the commentary columns are just loving awful........ and yeah a bunch of TERF crap to boot which given how left the Guardian likes to think of itself is incredible they let that shite be printed.

Here is an actual honest review of Clarkson's Farm Ep 1.

It starts out as another ripoff of Top Gear / Grand Tour then morphs into a very good show that stands on it's own with it's own tone that portrays farming life very well - I didnt expect Clarkson to convey the misery that farmers worse off than him would have experienced in the end of 2019 so well. For extended periods of the episode they drop off the script and it is just telling it how it is - it's a complex, harsh unforgving lifestyle that when nature decides to gently caress you up, you just get to sit there and take it and lose gob loads of money.

I can only conclude the reviewer was not intending for one second to even try to give this show an honest review. And Kaleb is an unexpected gem in this show.

Real rating 4.25/5 stars for Ep 1. FFS how the hell anyone can give this an honest one star appraisal is beyond me

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
Hell, even if you have a blinding hated of Clarkson the series should be worth at least 2 stars for Jeremy getting kicked in the balls by a sheep.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
If you ever watched An Idiot Abroad, Id love to watch Clarksons Farm Grand Tour - Jeremy drags Kaleb out of the village to visit farms around the world. Giant European or US megafarms, Vietnamese rice paddies, driving cattle across the outback, Peruvian guinea pig farms whatever. Throw in Gerald turning up to help out, and have Jeremy watch in disbelief as he easily communicates with Kalahari bushmen or nomadic Mongolians on horseback.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Clarkson's Farm is getting a season 2.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

BuckyDoneGun posted:

If you ever watched An Idiot Abroad, Id love to watch Clarksons Farm Grand Tour - Jeremy drags Kaleb out of the village to visit farms around the world. Giant European or US megafarms, Vietnamese rice paddies, driving cattle across the outback, Peruvian guinea pig farms whatever. Throw in Gerald turning up to help out, and have Jeremy watch in disbelief as he easily communicates with Kalahari bushmen or nomadic Mongolians on horseback.
I would watch every moment of this show.

I'd love to see Kaleb's reactions to the scale of some of the operations here in the US. It'd also be funny to have him stop in at a weed farm as well.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Heck a French vineyard might be the most exotic Kaleb could handle

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

His hairstyles obsession just cracks me up though

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Charlie is the hero of the show and Jeremy is a lazy dipshit chud who deserves to go bankrupt.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

That was a really enjoyable series and Im glad to see a season 2. Even though some of the humor is from Jeremys bad ideas Turing out mostly-poorly, Im interested to see if hes learned from the first year. And as others have said, its enjoyable just to see him clearly and truly enjoying what hes doing, rather than playing the Jeremy Clarkson petrol-head character

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
I want a "Kaleb visits the world's mega-cities" TV show.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Kaleb needs to be the next big British star.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Kaleb needs to be the next big British star.

Next new Top Gear host

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Xelkelvos posted:

Next new Top Gear host

Get LeBlanc back for "Kaleb and Matt go Tractoring"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Now Clarkson says he doesn't know where people got that there's a second season because he hasn't heard about one happening.