Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I don't think she is gay as I don't think she would have been afraid to share that in the last 20 years. I think she really likes her independence so does not prioritize romantic relationships.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Yeah I think she views close intimate relationships as a nuisance and rather just drink $800 wine, eat good food and travel. She thinks its impossible to "miss" someone remember.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

She can only love herself. She's a 34.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

She's a narcissist with severe, untreated childhood trauma, so yah, she has problems forming relationships with people...

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

EngineerJoe posted:

She's a narcissist with severe, untreated childhood trauma, so yah, she has problems forming relationships with people...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH7A2F5_M2A

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

kylej posted:

Y'all think Robin is gay? I know this is random and there were rumors for years, but the more I think about it the more I wonder. Her younger days are sort of a weird blur, she didn't have sex (apparently) for like 7 years in the 80s, she's friends with (and didn't she take vacations with?) Martina Navratilova, she had a long term relationship with Mr. X but even that sounded like it was very weird...

I was wondering if her cancer diagnosis was going to result in some sort of revelation but it didn't happen.

I have lesbian friends, and went without sex with four years in the '10s not for lack of trying :negative:.

She could be ace. That was my theory about Lisa G too.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

God be with you, this is reverend Arthur Lange

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

After her cancer surgery Robin can't even masturbate, let alone have sex, so what sort of romantic relationship would she have at this point?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Former Human posted:

After her cancer surgery Robin can't even masturbate, let alone have sex, so what sort of romantic relationship would she have at this point?

What? Is this true?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Yeah, she mentioned it last year. She hasn't masterbated in years and it is somehow related to her cancer surgery.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

i'd rather die with a hardon than live with impotence

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Oh man, I can't imagine living an sexless orgasm-less life. :smith:

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

YeahTubaMike posted:

Doctor Rope/post combo. nice

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

YeahTubaMike posted:

As a goon, you at least have one of those.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Cancer drugs can do a number on your hormones so that might effect libido. Then consider body image or any scarring let from surgeries. Plus she's almost 70.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

AmbassadorofSodomy posted:

As a goon, you at least have one of those.

drat, owned

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think there is just a wide range of horniness in people in general.

Snark
Sep 19, 2003

no dice
I watched the full Pelican Brief and it pretty much kills the idea that Howard is a wild man shackled by corporate. The show he wants to do is pretty much what he is doing now.

There wasn't any focus on increasing ratings or broadening his audience. It's was all "get me aging A-listers". Celebrities at the tier he wants aren't going to come in because 50 fake twitter accounts pester the PR person running their social media. The best way to get a Billy Joel or a Paul McCartney is for Howard himself to personally convince them. And none of them are coming in twice a month. Him thinking that Neil Young is looking for ways to sell more "records", or that Letterman gives any kind of gently caress about being even more famous is pretty crazy.

The fact that he said he was embarrassed that guests come in and see pictures of Jeff the Drunk says everything about where he is now.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Snark posted:

The fact that he said he was embarrassed that guests come in and see pictures of Jeff the Drunk says everything about where he is now.

WhHAt’s wRonG WiTh my picTure, BITCH?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Ralph Hurley posted:

WhHAt’s wRonG WiTh my picTure, BITCH?

"The sound of the A's winning."

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

beep by grandpa posted:

God be with you, this is reverend Arthur Lange

Oddie Asswamma?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Snark posted:

I watched the full Pelican Brief and it pretty much kills the idea that Howard is a wild man shackled by corporate. The show he wants to do is pretty much what he is doing now.

There wasn't any focus on increasing ratings or broadening his audience. It's was all "get me aging A-listers". Celebrities at the tier he wants aren't going to come in because 50 fake twitter accounts pester the PR person running their social media. The best way to get a Billy Joel or a Paul McCartney is for Howard himself to personally convince them. And none of them are coming in twice a month. Him thinking that Neil Young is looking for ways to sell more "records", or that Letterman gives any kind of gently caress about being even more famous is pretty crazy.

There are a lot of people who think Marci Turk is some con artist who hypnotized Howard into getting a job and making all these changes. How dumb do you have to be to not realize that Howard himself was behind every single change to the show and Gary got kicked aside because he's a terrible producer.

Also who gives a poo poo about Billy Joel at this point? What more can we possibly learn about the guy?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

haljordan posted:

There are a lot of people who think Marci Turk is some con artist who hypnotized Howard into getting a job and making all these changes. How dumb do you have to be to not realize that Howard himself was behind every single change to the show and Gary got kicked aside because he's a terrible producer.

Also who gives a poo poo about Billy Joel at this point? What more can we possibly learn about the guy?

Howard is a total mark. He pays thousands to have people wire up his DVD player, which never really works so he has to pay someone to come back out and fix it. His therapist is really reaping the benefits because having 3 sessions a week for 20 years? lol

My overall complaint with Sirius (and I've not subscribed since 2009) is that they ran the place like traditional radio. DJs, stale playlists, etc. Giving Joel and Springsteen their own channels is very "east coast boomer" to me. But I also get that those names bring in customers.

Its like how now every TV network has a streaming service. They're not changing anything really other than the medium in which they deliver content.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Another yuge huge problem is that the show doesn't have much to fill the void after all the bland boomer guests. In the past you had so many bits, games, contests, Jackie and Artie, girls talking about their sex lives, riding the Sybian, feuds with celebrities, Robin's news, etc. etc. etc. All of that is gone now. The show is basically Howard ranting about The Bachelor and bad scripted phony phone calls from Chris Wilding. Who gives a poo poo, who gives a gently caress.

The show has always had lame guests but at least there was a ton of content to make up for it. I remember when the first season of Survivor was a phenomenon (holy poo poo that was 21 years ago) and Howard interviewed every single contestant, one each week. The only one I cared about was Colleen Haskell.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Stern is going on vacation until September?

He's working, what, half the time now?

GenX nostalgia can only make me listen so much.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Bonzo posted:

Howard is a total mark. He pays thousands to have people wire up his DVD player, which never really works so he has to pay someone to come back out and fix it. His therapist is really reaping the benefits because having 3 sessions a week for 20 years? lol

My overall complaint with Sirius (and I've not subscribed since 2009) is that they ran the place like traditional radio. DJs, stale playlists, etc. Giving Joel and Springsteen their own channels is very "east coast boomer" to me. But I also get that those names bring in customers.

Its like how now every TV network has a streaming service. They're not changing anything really other than the medium in which they deliver content.

I skip the celebrity interviews but I still listen to the show daily. Mostly for stuff like making fun of Ronnie for moving to Vegas and things like the King of All Blacks and Angry Black random interview from a few weeks ago which I absolutely loved. On the fly interviews like that are still great to me. Another good example was Wolfie's mom and why she refused to get vaccinated. I can listen to stuff like that all day (and I do).

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Cessna posted:

Stern is going on vacation until September?

He's working, what, half the time now?

GenX nostalgia can only make me listen so much.

lol, glad I didn't renew my subscription in April. What a joke...

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

For a guy that never travels he sure takes a lot of time off.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I totally agree that the show has been getting worse heavily based on the lack of non pop culture content. They dropped the show to 3 hours and got rid of the news to instead integrate it in to their banter, so now there is so much less space for bits, calls, wack pack, staff drama, and all the stuff that I liked most about the show. The wack pack is almost gone and Ronnie was the only good source of drama for the last couple of years and is moving to a different time zone. Even as an apologist I think the show is on its ropes, but now taking over two months off after already having many week or two long breaks so far this year? Unless Sirius signs some sort of honest successor soon, I think I'm finally out once my annual sub is up.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

I hope if he is gone for the summer, that means that hen they come back they'll be back in the studio.
At least make him commute to slack.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
Gar, it's Howie... I'm not gonna make it into work this summer. I can't stop painting.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
They got rid of Robin's News? That was my faaaaavorite. What a loving shame.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Johnny-on-the-Spot posted:

They got rid of Robin's News? That was my faaaaavorite. What a loving shame.

All you need to listen to is:
https://whoarethese.com/ep263-howard-stern-revisited

There's nothing in the show anymore. nothing.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

haljordan posted:

These are probably the people who also believe it was Tom Chiusano stopping people from getting raises.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Former Human posted:

Another yuge huge problem is that the show doesn't have much to fill the void after all the bland boomer guests. In the past you had so many bits, games, contests, Jackie and Artie, girls talking about their sex lives, riding the Sybian, feuds with celebrities, Robin's news, etc. etc. etc. All of that is gone now. The show is basically Howard ranting about The Bachelor and bad scripted phony phone calls from Chris Wilding. Who gives a poo poo, who gives a gently caress.

The show has always had lame guests but at least there was a ton of content to make up for it. I remember when the first season of Survivor was a phenomenon (holy poo poo that was 21 years ago) and Howard interviewed every single contestant, one each week. The only one I cared about was Colleen Haskell.

The Los Angeles week was good. How many years ago was that now already.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

euphronius posted:

The Los Angeles week was good. How many years ago was that now already.

Was that the week they were on the Magic Hour? drat, the lead-up to that was like a solid month of goofing on poor Magic's show. :jj:

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Wow, these Ted Kennedy jokes they're replaying are so timely.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Los angels week was 2019

Those shows were good

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

NY state is reopening or has reopened hasn't it?
I wonder if Brent is back to going to metal concerts and orgies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
He moved to Tampa a while back.