Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019
personally, i think that spending inordinate amount of time drawing yourself as a character in a visual novel where you wanna smash a dog lady vtuber or whatever and then posting it in a random thread on a dead gay comedy forum - all in service of a weird bit involving bodily fluids - is kinda lame, actually

e: oh no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
i want to know who the artist was, personally

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

No it wasn't, because she couldn't even site journey to the west. Then she doubled down using terrible word choices you would think a published author would know to avoid. She could've easily said sorry, but she decided to monetize her bullshit as a smokescreen and it seems to be working.

the thing she said was completely reasonable and the rest of your criticisms are 'she was rude'. loving get over it.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

fun hater posted:

Why ruin the magic

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

remember when earlier in the thread people were baffled by how kids just weren't able to cope with the fnaf guy being a shithead and were like 'i can't understand going to bat over and over for someone who is clearly not repentant in the slightest, and will ride or die forever for their internet stranger, kids are weird'

but hey, unfair cancel culture, am i right

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

remember when earlier in the thread people were baffled by how kids just weren't able to cope with the fnaf guy being a shithead and were like 'i can't understand going to bat over and over for someone who is clearly not repentant in the slightest, and will ride or die forever for their internet stranger, kids are weird'

but hey, unfair cancel culture, am i right

Yeah what she did was deffo the same as the guy donating to Mitch McConnell and the like. Very smart brain you have. You've connected some dots.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

nurmie posted:

personally, i think that spending inordinate amount of time drawing yourself as a character in a visual novel where you wanna smash a dog lady vtuber or whatever and then posting it in a random thread on a dead gay comedy forum - all in service of a weird bit involving bodily fluids - is kinda lame, actually

e: oh no

It's a joke!

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

So...how about that star wars?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah what she did was deffo the same as the guy donating to Mitch McConnell and the like. Very smart brain you have. You've connected some dots.

who gives a poo poo

they are not your internet friend i am very sorry you had to find it out this way

kill your heroes

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

yeah i know

it's kinda lame though

fun hater
May 24, 2009

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

who gives a poo poo

they are not your internet friend i am very sorry you had to find it out this way

kill your heroes

you are arguing a point no one is making lol wtf

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Jamie Faith posted:

fun hater
May 24, 2009

plea to humanity, please be normal

Jamie Faith posted:

my favorite podcast introduced me to the knowledge that palpatine's grandson's name is ken

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

who gives a poo poo

kill your heroes

Can you not be weirdly aggro to people not sufficiently mad?

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

fun hater posted:

plea to humanity, please be normal

who the gently caress is scraeming "please be normal" at my house. show yourself, coward. i will never be normal

fun hater posted:

my favorite podcast introduced me to the knowledge that palpatine's grandson's name is ken

That's weirdly the most baffling SW name lol (At least that I've heard of)

Sea_Caldwell
Feb 5, 2021

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

who gives a poo poo

kill your heroes

No one thinks a media critic is their hero, they just think that criticizing a disney film is not equivalent to being a hardcore christian conservative freak.

Very embarrassing post.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
A friend showed me Streets of Fire over the weekend. Highly recommend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arxD3Ro9mAk.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

who gives a poo poo

kill your heroes

I beg you to stop assuming people are making weird arguments that they never actually made

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

You literally have people here saying it's only over 'disliking a disney film' and not a larger thing of 'being wholly dismissive of other cultures and poo poo is kinda bad?'

Like, if it isn't just defense squad rolling out in favor of their favorite internet person than what makes this in particular any different from any other other times this poo poo has come up and people have gotten way worse.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Jamie Faith posted:

That's weirdly the most baffling SW name lol (At least that I've heard of)

He was named after his mom, Kendalina.

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

it's dumb that ellis went on a podcast complaining how she got harrassed about an opinion that got misconstrued to be about lumping asian stories together. and then got jumped on for unthinkingly using "squint" in a way that could be seen as hostile and racist. which then resulted in everyone pulling out a ton of "receipts" in a clear attempt to burn her public image down. and also her making an exhaustive explanation video that had way too much personal information and history than should ever be required for anyone to share publically.

how dumb that she'd be raw about this happening to her, twice. and how dumb that someone could empathize with her, while still holding her personally accountable for her unhealthy clap-back behavior, and not want her to specifically see their post and be their bestest friend ever.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

You literally have people here saying it's only over 'disliking a disney film' and not a larger thing of 'being wholly dismissive of other cultures and poo poo is kinda bad?'

Where did she do that?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

who gives a poo poo

kill your heroes

You're very fuckin dumb if you think that was the point anyone in this thread was making. Please just be chill and actually read the posts.

Like I know you're gonna make up poo poo to be mad about but don't do it about the posts in this thread, just cause I don't wanna have to read you being weird.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Like, if it isn't just defense squad rolling out in favor of their favorite internet person than what makes this in particular any different from any other other times this poo poo has come up and people have gotten way worse.

No, I said not to do that

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

:v:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Gwen posted:

it's dumb that ellis went on a podcast complaining how she got harrassed about an opinion that got misconstrued to be about lumping asian stories together. and then got jumped on for unthinkingly using "squint" in a way that could be seen as hostile and racist.

I would perhaps be more sympathetic if "white person accused of racism has droves of other white folks roll in and talk about Cancel Culture and how clearly they were misconstrued and jeez won't you stop doing horrible hurtful things like posting on twitter about them" was not the default response to literally anybody saying or doing anything racist

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

i think that's fair and as annoying as it is to put it exclusively in a 2 hours explanation video so does ellis for the record, at least on the "squint" part. that was one of the two? things she admitted were bad and apologized for. (the other being the "you're not bisexual" comment towards an ex-friend for the record)

Gwen fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jun 29, 2021

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Bleck posted:

I would perhaps be more sympathetic if "white person accused of racism has droves of other white folks roll in and talk about Cancel Culture and how clearly they were misconstrued and jeez won't you stop doing horrible hurtful things like posting on twitter about them" was not the default response to literally anybody saying or doing anything racist

this is a better and more succinct version of what I feel, which is why it all seemed so frustrating. it just felt like stuff i've seen before

like, legit, gwen's bigger post up there helped me get a better read on the situation, even if i had my own disagreements with the larger premise, i appreciated it

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Since people are clamouring for video essays, here's one that would be a bit of a niche for many people.

Looking at New Zealand's World Test Championship win in the context of the history of New Zealand cricket, and the countless hardships and heartbreaks they've had to endure until they finally reached the pinnacle of the 5-day format of the game (which was won on the 6th day), when they beat India in England.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0KBSeo4j48

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

edogawa rando posted:

Since people are clamouring for video essays, here's one that would be a bit of a niche for many people.

Looking at New Zealand's World Test Championship win in the context of the history of New Zealand cricket, and the countless hardships and heartbreaks they've had to endure until they finally reached the pinnacle of the 5-day format of the game (which was won on the 6th day), when they beat India in England.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0KBSeo4j48

A 5-day format? I'm convinced Cricket is an elaborate prank set up by the few countries who allegedly play it, and everybody has a good laugh when a foreigner tries to get into it.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

its nearly a week of drinking beer with your dad and occasionally looking at the tv when something happens about once every two minutes. god knows what the players get out of it though

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Mate, if you can't feel inspired by a real-life story of plucky underdogs overcoming adversity and defeating a powerhouse team to claim the world championship, I don't know what to say to you.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Usually in those stories the underdogs have at the very least previously failed to win the championship.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Only thing I know about cricket is that in high school my teacher made us watch a bollywood movie about it and it was kinda good.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Junpei Hyde posted:

We have a dedicated subforum for such questions, comments, and suggestions.

Qcs is the worst forum on this whole website, why would you send someone there. It’s wear you go if you want to get yelled at by a group of incredibly tedious assholes and D&D and CSPAM aren’t hitting as hard as they used to anymore

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Ghostlight posted:

Usually in those stories the underdogs have at the very least previously failed to win the championship.

where in the spectrum do stories like, to use the jon bois documentary thing as an example, the mariners fall?

Honestly, get Jon Bois to talk about cricket - hell, anything - and I'll watch it.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

The only silverware the Black Caps had prior to this was the ICC Champions Trophy in 2000, and considering how they were robbed in the 2019 Cricket World Cup final, it's also a brilliant tale of redemption, and honestly, does anyone actually give a gently caress about the ICC Champions Trophy - a competition that has been discontinued twice?

The Black Caps are historically utter poo poo at test cricket, and had been for quite some time, even if they're generally there or thereabouts in the ODI format (I'd argue they occupy a similar niche to the Netherlands in football, or France in rugby union - the best team to have never actually won the world cup of their sport), and have always had to do things the hard way, defeating a genuine cricketing powerhouse to etch their names into the history of the sport as the first world champions of the most prestigious format of the game.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jun 29, 2021

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

fun hater posted:

It was Zack Snyder

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

BTW Max Krieger (Nonstandard McDonald's) is having a fundraiser for a Florida focused Nonstandard McDonald documentary! Lots of famous youtubers are going to be in it.

https://twitter.com/nonstandardmcd/status/1409649404705787909

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pachylad
Jul 12, 2017

wait, his last name is Perjurer