Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Apparently a new video is gonna show a UAP formation tomorrow.
Buy in early

where are you seeing this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

probably from Joe "Rogan" corbell

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Apparently a new video is gonna show a UAP formation tomorrow.
Buy in early

im shorting this thread

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Nichael posted:

Sounds like you need to weaponize your curiosity friend.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Rickshaw posted:

The hosts of this podcast are alt-right dbags

drat that sucks. I didn't know it was a podcast i just clicked the first link after searching for "canary island ufos"

here's a video about it with more details, some drawings of the alleged beings, a few more sightings from the area, and a cool soundtrack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzMbc4CsCjs

According to that, the ship also saw some USOs before the UFOs, and a few years later another navy ship had an encounter with USOs/UFOs in the area that were seen as well as detected on radar. Also the beings in the orb were "swedish looking". Nordics?? lol :tinfoil:

and here's a different website with an article about it, which also has some alleged sightings from the area in the 2000s with spooky orbs and a portal with rectangles coming out of it :cthulhu::

https://www.ufoinsight.com/ufos/sightings/canary-islands-sphere

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Nichael posted:

Ufos reddit. The tmz/fox show tomorrow at 8

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

it better at least 480p

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Azathoth posted:

the weirdest thing about it is also how comically ineffective the UFOs are at being harmful. i think it was vallee who remarked that as much harm as the rays they shot seemed to cause, as close as they were, someone leaning out the side with a handgun would have been markedly more deadly, let alone any of the modern weapons we currently mount on aircraft

various accounts i've read where people get shot with painful light beams, or get burned, or have long term effects after being close to a UFO, makes me think about radiation. Either as a weapon or a byproduct of space orb technology or warp bubbles or whatever

one crazy story is the Aracariguama Incident, from Brazil, where a dude got zapped by a beam of light, and then developed burns on his exposed body, and died in a way that sounds a lot like extreme radiation poisoning:

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2012/06/death-from-above-part-one-the-horrible-melting-man/

quote:

Filho glanced back out the window into the sky and it would be at this moment that the ordinary events of the evening would take a horrific turn.

The farmer claimed that he was suddenly struck by a beam of intensely hot light emanating from a glowing object above. Filho stated that he covered his face with his hands and collapsed to his knees. The burst lasted only a moment before vanishing completely. According to Alves:

“… a sort of beam of light or yellow light had appeared in his room. He felt his body burning and that his beard, while short, was burning. Panicked, and unable to move his hands, Joao raised the door latch using his teeth and ran into the street barefoot, since he never wore shoes.”

Prestes added other salient details to this account: “… upon returning home and opening the window, something resembling fire or a “fiery torch” entered the room in which he [Filho ] was standing. He fell to the floor and felt that his body was on fire. Wrapping himself in a blanket, he walked over two kilometers into the village.”

Bloodying his naked feet on the sharp rocks of the dark, unpaved road, the shrieking Filho desperately searched for help, insisting that his skin was on fire. Alves continued his tale:

“He ran screaming to his sister María’s house, near the Araçariguama church. He dropped on a bed and said he’d been burned. The police chief, Joao Malaquías, went over immediately, [Filho] told him there was no one to blame for what had happened, because his attacker ‘had not been of this world’.”

Those speaking with Filho noticed that his exposed flesh began to look like what one eyewitness referred to as “meat that has been allowed to boil for a while.” It immediately became clear to all those present that the unfortunate fisherman was not long for this world. Prestes remembered the then 50 year-old events as if they had occurred the week before:

“I was in Araçariguama when I learned that my uncle was dying at a relatives’ house. I wanted to go in, but it was forbidden, since I was too young and Joao’s physical condition could have caused a traumatic impression… My father said that Joao was only burned from the waist up, with the exception of the hair on his head.”

Alves agreed with this assessment: “When I got to María’s house, I found Joao Malaquías, the sheriff, speaking with Joao. He was in bed and having problems using his tongue. His skin, which was fair, was toasted, reddish, as if he’d been roasted. His hands and face had the worst burns. The hands were twisted. His hair didn’t burn, nor did his feet, nor clothing. He was only burned from the waist up.

He was admitted into the hospital at once, where the baffled doctors — including Physician Luiz Caligiuri — were unable to diagnose what had happened to the tragically maimed family man. In 1974, investigator Fernando Grossman, interviewed direct eyewitnesses to the event, including former Army medic and orderly, Aracy Gomide, who cared for Filho during his final, agonized hours on Earth.

Gomide claimed that he did his best to comfort the swiftly deteriorating Filho, who seemed to decompose while still alive. The orderly described the fisherman’s horrifying last hours during which chunks of flesh sloughed off the his arms, exposing portions of bone and tendon.

This ostensibly excruciating process also happened to the victim’s face, as his ears, nose, lips and eyelids incrementally peeled off, clinging to slender strands of skin before falling onto the bed.

Ironically, Filho’s hair and clothes were said to have remained undamaged during the whole affair and even more bizarrely, the man himself was said to have been in no physical pain toward the end of his ordeal. Witnesses claim that he even chatted with the strong stomached Gomide and others until he lost too much soft tissue on his jaw to continue speaking.

Needless to say, most of Filho’s relatives were unable to bear witnessing these final stages of their loved one’s life, but Gomide endured until the end and stated that the final request that the patient made was for a glass of water. Not long after, at about 10 pm. on March 4, Filho expired and Dr. Caligiuri officially listed the cause of death as “cardiac collapse.”

While many modern ufological enthusiasts judge that this is a clear cut case of an extraterrestrial attack, ironically, most of the villagers did not suspect that Filho had been killed (inadvertently or otherwise) by a UFO. This was only 1946 after all — nearly a year before Kenneth Arnold would report his now famous “skipping saucers” over Mt. Rainier; an event which ushered in an unprecedented 65-year study of the UFO phenomenon — and the provincial citizens of Araçariguama had no context in which to consider this a UFO event.

Alves claimed that most (including Filho) suspected that more supernatural or even demonic forces were responsible

One of the most intriguing theories regarding the fate of Mr. Filho comes to us from Dr. Luiz Braga who, while investigating the incident years after the fact, came to the conclusion that Filho’s bizarre burns — in which the radiation had an effect on living cells, but not the lifeless ones, such as hair and clothing — were similar to: “…the indirect effects of a nuclear explosion, as occurred with certain victims of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.”

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

radioactive bird

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

why shoot when u can do this

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1409711984514240512

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Rah! posted:

various accounts i've read where people get shot with painful light beams, or get burned, or have long term effects after being close to a UFO, makes me think about radiation. Either as a weapon or a byproduct of space orb technology or warp bubbles or whatever

one crazy story is the Aracariguama Incident, from Brazil, where a dude got zapped by a beam of light, and then developed burns on his exposed body, and died in a way that sounds a lot like extreme radiation poisoning:

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2012/06/death-from-above-part-one-the-horrible-melting-man/

yeah I had the same thought when I was reading about the Brazilian cases from the 70s. the thing of it is though, it's almost never like the kind of radiation that we're familiar with, in that while it's got some of the symptoms of radiation poisoning, it's almost always missing symptoms that should be present

obviously that doesn't rule out radiation or directed energy of some kind, it just makes it really weird

one theory that I've been nursing for a while is that some types of UFOs, at least from the 60s and 70s, did some kind of hosed up poo poo with thermal energy. in that either as a biproduct of operation or as part of their mechanism of flight. that is, they get exceptionally hot while operating, but can somehow direct or dissipate that heat in a manner faster than should be possible, and that some of these injuries happen when these things malfunction and direct that energy where it isn't supposed to go

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

maybe they wanted to see what happened when they shot monke

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

:hmmyes:

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Weaponize this alien dick

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Wheeee posted:

maybe they wanted to see what happened when they shot monke
nah, poor sob got accidentally roasted by an oofoe shedding waste heat

an intentional attack would've vaporized him and his village like my animes

the 1100GW output number given in that university of albany paper means that space birds packin the big guns

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

alien exhaust is made of bust

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

WEH posted:

e: apparently that specific link is killed by quoting it, here's the working link http://www.nuforc.org/webreports/037/S37401.html
You have to put the url tag inside quotes.
code:
[quote="[url=http://www.nuforc.org/webreports/037/S37401.html]NUFORC[/url]"]
blah
[/quote]

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

The widespread use of fossil fuels apparently affects the carbon-13 ratios used in radiocarbon dating, so we’d see them that way and somebody else might see us that way.

Also the sedimentary layer of microplastics and rare earth metals used in electronics mentioned earlier.

if the aliens found ways around it surely our advanced forefathers could too

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

the aliens visiting us are the oldest people in the universe but they actually haven’t been born yet, technically

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

The widespread use of fossil fuels apparently affects the carbon-13 ratios used in radiocarbon dating, so we’d see them that way and somebody else might see us that way.

Also the sedimentary layer of microplastics and rare earth metals used in electronics mentioned earlier.

plus how the hell are they gonna use the oil if they predate dinosaurs!!

Vomik has issued a correction as of 05:46 on Jun 29, 2021

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Pooky posted:

turns out I missed a " :tipshat:

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Rah! posted:

kaku hasn't been quiet on the topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmYDdFOpy-M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpZYanaADSI

(lol fox and TMZ)

sounds like he thinks the US navy/pentagon is credible on the topic of UFOs, and agrees with them that UFOs are real. He also says that if it's not fancy next-level drones, then it's probably aliens, and he also thinks we'll probably make alien contact this century.

this one isn't about UFO videos, but he talks about how aliens might be mean so we shouldn't advertise our existence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGjj73b4DGE

he's clearly skeptical of abduction stories though lol

so what you're saying is the history channel was right all along

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

if you invented faster than light travel you could theoretically go back in time and abduct yourself

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Evil_Greven posted:

Revisiting my time worn alien autopsy vhs tape

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

endocriminologist posted:

with the exception of aliens or birds what are your favorite out there explanations for ufos. mines time travelers

It's von Neumann probes except for if anyone out there has figured out artificial wormholes, because there's no such thing as ftl otherwise

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

i wonder how much devastation a space bird could cause if you put a psychotic monke in the driver's seat and let them go to town on earth

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Evil_Greven posted:

im not saying its birds

but its birds

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

OK baizuo posted:

It's von Neumann probes except for if anyone out there has figured out artificial wormholes, because there's no such thing as ftl otherwise

There's some way around it, how boring if there's not

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

converting your craft into birdatrons will allow it to fly past lightspeed

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

OK baizuo posted:

Some galaxies seem to be retreating ftl.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Pooky posted:

Also works as
code:
[url="http://www.nuforc.org/webreports/037/S37401.html"]NUFORC[/url]

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Some galaxies seem to be retreating ftl.

thats due to the expansion of space itself. the galaxies themselves are not moving through space at FTL speed

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

https://youtu.be/KT_1GaErWHI

bunch of recent ufos, check out that first one

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Wheeee posted:

https://youtu.be/KT_1GaErWHI

bunch of recent ufos, check out that first one

they’re all basically kinda lame

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Endless Trash posted:

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Spergin Morlock posted:

thats due to the expansion of space itself. the galaxies themselves are not moving through space at FTL speed

Yes, but you build a space expansion engine is the idea.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Endless Trash posted:

we know mike you like ghosts

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
i want the space dots and tubes to fly down and look me in the eye

what are you afraid of you little bastards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Yves Tanguy (1900 – 1955) - Paysage avec nuages roses (1928)

Are the aliens flying or floating❓