Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Well I think that would work for rabbit pod forwarding. Why do you need a us copy? But def could figure out a trade, send a PM qop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeMJc_K8bJQ
:mad:

For anyone wondering why some attacks are bullshit...

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Guillermus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeMJc_K8bJQ
:mad:

For anyone wondering why some attacks are bullshit...

try rolling.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
ah, quats, or some say, quaternions...

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

QoP is in that bit next to the UK what hates abortions and uses the Euro

Wrong, we love abortions. Voted for them not two years ago in a massive majority. Read a book!!!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I….I went to Dublin two years ago when the campaign was going on and remember the (disgusting) signs but I forgot that Dublin is in ROI and not NI oops!!!!!!!! poo poo!!!!!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

I forgot that Dublin is in ROI and not NI oops!!!!!!!! poo poo!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WChHqaO5SeI

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
The way you remember is picturing A at the top of Ireland and a Z at the bottom and (B)elfast being above (D)ublin.

Thats the only reliable method I've found

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

well hopefully it won't be an issue for much longer

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

JollyBoyJohn posted:

The way you remember is picturing A at the top of Ireland and a Z at the bottom and (B)elfast being above (D)ublin.

But (C)ork is south of (D)ublin this doesn't make any sense!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Are you guys talking about the different wings of santas workshop?

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

If PDX becomes too inhospitable to live in the next 2 decades then I'd prolly move to Detroit, but holy poo poo even Michigan is going to experience insane climate shift int he next few decades.

Some predict that Michigan will be where the new wine industry ends up, that is if we don't completely ruin the entire possibility of functional agriculture on this continent very soon, which is more than likely when looking at the state of the topsoil.

mods please rename me "detroit terroir" tia

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

veni veni veni posted:

Are you guys talking about the different wings of santas workshop?

You are confusing leprechauns with elfs dear

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

There's no way elves aren't working as leprechauns in the off season.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

JollyBoyJohn posted:

This doesn't work because (D)erry is above (B)elfast!!!

EDIT: And don't even loving try to call it Londonderry

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Worst kept secret in the biz, but awesome :awesome:

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

If PDX becomes too inhospitable to live in the next 2 decades then I'd prolly move to Detroit, but holy poo poo even Michigan is going to experience insane climate shift int he next few decades. Some predict that Michigan will be where the new wine industry ends up, that is if we don't completely ruin the entire possibility of functional agriculture on this continent very soon, which is more than likely when looking at the state of the topsoil.

inhospitable because of climate change, or inhospitable because all the wealthier climate refugees from places like AZ and southern CA fully destroying the already-mostly-hosed housing market? :v:

personally i'm looking forward to living in one of the mega-cities from judge dredd

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Was Judge Dredd the one where the entire country was one massive city with thousand feet high wall borders?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Not the whole country. There were two 'mega-cities' if I remember right, eqch of which took up the entire east and west coast. The Midwest was a blasted badlands hellscape or something.

Edit: this is me talking from memories of reading a bunch of the wiki so I'm probably wrong in some way or another.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbcoOqGKFi8

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Classic Grud

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Veeg is in some bloody island town what’s on fire!!! https://www.twitch.tv/videogamessa

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Rewatching this the infrastructure seems way too well maintained

Would like to amend my original post to say we'll be living in a slightly worse and more fascist version of the megacities

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Morpheus posted:

Not the whole country. There were two 'mega-cities' if I remember right, eqch of which took up the entire east and west coast. The Midwest was a blasted badlands hellscape or something.

Edit: this is me talking from memories of reading a bunch of the wiki so I'm probably wrong in some way or another.

3 mega cities. been a long rear end while since i drove through my pile of 2000ad but i think the 3rd one was texas area? everything else between is the cursed earth.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
"Controversial" opinion, but I'm excited for Doki Doki Literature Club tomorrow. :)

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Read After Burning posted:

"Controversial" opinion, but I'm excited for Doki Doki Literature Club tomorrow. :)

Same I’ve been wanting to play that for a while now but was waiting for it to hit a Preferred Console.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I'm a stupid American and I don't have any trouble remembering which is which. Might help that I've been to both, dunno.

Morpheus posted:

The Midwest was a blasted badlands hellscape or something.
So pretty much like it is now. :v:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Wolfsheim posted:

inhospitable because of climate change, or inhospitable because all the wealthier climate refugees from places like AZ and southern CA fully destroying the already-mostly-hosed housing market? :v:

personally i'm looking forward to living in one of the mega-cities from judge dredd

i fully acknowledge that climactic inhospitality and political inhospitality are irrevocably interlinked in the anthropocene. therefore, the decision one must theoretically make when the forces of reaction inevitably start clamping down due to climate refugee demands is to stay and fight for the weak or call it and gather resources for the next fight. that's a decision that can only be made on an individual basis and a lot of factors would be in play for me. that said, things would have to be extremely politically hostile for me to blink.

The Neal!
Sep 3, 2004

HAY GUYZ! I want to be a director

Escobarbarian posted:

Veeg is in some bloody island town what’s on fire!!! https://www.twitch.tv/videogamessa

Glad Veeg is a normal human being and wasn't yelling at the screen for Ellie to kill Abby at the end like half the twitch stream reactions I saw after the game came out, I seriously don't know how people came out of that game still thinking they wanted more violence. That fight at the end didn't work for me, I think it would have been a lot more interesting and a bolder choice for them to actually have the two of them, talk it out or something when they got to the boats. It's a game though so I guess you gotta have your big action set piece at the end or something.

I think there's a bunch of issues with the ending of that game because of this. The message of the cycle of violence being damaging doesn't gell at all with the gameplay (hard to show violence isn't good when you're making it so much fun to do). There's also the games entire thesis statement being about how there's always another perspective and yet because the game wants to give us a chance to cut loose with all our weapons (because it's a game after all) they introduce an ENTIRELY irremediable faction (Rattlers) right at the end to massacre with abandon.

I just don't think writing a game with the kind of messaging this game has was ever going to work in a action game.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

The Neal! posted:

Glad Veeg is a normal human being and wasn't yelling at the screen for Ellie to kill Abby at the end like half the twitch stream reactions I saw after the game came out, I seriously don't know how people came out of that game still thinking they wanted more violence. That fight at the end didn't work for me, I think it would have been a lot more interesting and a bolder choice for them to actually have the two of them, talk it out or something when they got to the boats. It's a game though so I guess you gotta have your big action set piece at the end or something.

I think there's a bunch of issues with the ending of that game because of this. The message of the cycle of violence being damaging doesn't gell at all with the gameplay (hard to show violence isn't good when you're making it so much fun to do). There's also the games entire thesis statement being about how there's always another perspective and yet because the game wants to give us a chance to cut loose with all our weapons (because it's a game after all) they introduce an ENTIRELY irremediable faction (Rattlers) right at the end to massacre with abandon.

I just don't think writing a game with the kind of messaging this game has was ever going to work in a action game.

If anything what you mention is a facet of ND taking their game design and storytelling principles and mixing them with the continual critiques about play/plot dissonance they've recieved within the industry in a way that walks the player to the very edge of their own will to continue. It's entirely purposeful, consistent with their legacy design philosophy, and imo interesting from both a player's interactive perspective and the inevitable dialogue that playerbases maintain with devs in the current climate of videogame 'debate'. It's also a rather risky move to design something in the way they did here because they run the risk of profoundly alienating people through direct design decisions rather than simply manipulative marketing, and at a scale that has not been successfully achieved in 20 years since MGS2 alienated/angered/eluded its audience. For my part I think ND really stuck the landing with the various provocations they brought into the mix.

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jun 30, 2021

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

https://twitter.com/SpikeChunsoft_e/status/1410392839750492160

HOLY loving poo poo

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

an anime...in its natural habitat...

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I shouted this exact phrase twice today

Once at seeing the announcment

The other afterwards at watching the trailer and discovering the new protagonist

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

an anime...in its natural habitat...

Don't move, you'll scare it away!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Simone Magus posted:

Don't move, you'll scare it away!

unlikely

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I never did finish Sushi Ghost so I just went ahead and started over and aaaaaaaaa it's so freaking gorgeous

How'd the Legend mode turn out anyway

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Legends is very good, I'm hoping they've got more content like that as well as the single player expansion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Also forgot just how hecking satisfying the combat is