Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
rename the ship Armenian Genocide-1 in order to simultaneously preserve the memory of historic tragedies while removing objectionable speech

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
I know “I had to check to see if it was an onion article” is a meme at this point, but when I read this story I legit had to see if it was from hard times or something.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I do find it odd that Disney wants to avoid reference to slavery, while still using slavery in their films, but 10x:shrug:

Also not really a lego thing, but something that's reared its head in lego, so.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Brawnfire posted:

"Captive" actually seems to fit all these applications better

What does Boba Fett do? Takes people captive. What was Leia? A captive. Let's start this here, people!

The CR90 corvette shall now be known as the Captive IV.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Not sure i am a fan of the new EU tax "simplification" they announced for Bricklink today.

"EU" usually means "Europe" in the eyes of providers outside of EU, which us that live in EEA but not EU face trouble with regularly. Such as video games not being available because they are launched in "europe" (but actually just for EU) or for economical initiatives like this one that results in vendors simply not bothering to ship to my country since it is so much more trouble for them and we are a small country so the trouble is not worth it.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Plastik posted:

What's the name of Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle? I'll wait.

https://www.nike.com/t/air-force-1-crater-flyknit-mens-shoe-k3Jwmd/DC4831-101
That was the title :colbert:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
My headcannon is that Slave-I was destroyed between ROTJ and Mandelorian but he just bought another model and hasn't named it yet. You saw Mando Season 2, he didn't really have time. He's been busy.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
The Man-De Lorean

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

HootTheOwl posted:

My headcannon is that Slave-I was destroyed between ROTJ and Mandelorian but he just bought another model and hasn't named it yet. You saw Mando Season 2, he didn't really have time. He's been busy.

That’s ok, he’ll just name the new one Slave II!

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Slave_II

Now I’m curious if anyone’s ever made this ugly rear end ship into a Lego.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

VaultAggie posted:

That’s ok, he’ll just name the new one Slave II!

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Slave_II

Now I’m curious if anyone’s ever made this ugly rear end ship into a Lego.

I did as a kid. I loved Slave 2

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I love the assymetric ship designs that have come out of star wars. They don't make any sense for a lot of reasons (it'd be a great way to piss off engineers trying to balance center of mass with center of thrust) but it's creative as hell.

The contortions made to fill out their backstory to justify the design I could live without though.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

xzzy posted:

The contortions made to fill out their backstory to justify the design I could live without though.

I’ll have you know that was not an ice cream maker and the rebellion simply would not succeed without the quick thinking of Willrow Hood. :mad: George Lucas definitely consciously intended this.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
Jesus gently caress shut up about fictional ship names already this is a lego thread.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I really want a midi-scale Super Star Destroyer. The kid in me wants to get the expensive one, or even the bootleg version, but I think I'd be very happy with one that's only like two feet long or a little less.

The midi-scale ISD is a really great little set, I'd love to see one roughly that size but of the SSD

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Spookydonut posted:

Jesus gently caress shut up about fictional ship names already this is a lego thread.

:monocle:

Star Wars literally saved the company lol. Sorry for the convenience

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Spookydonut posted:

The midi-scale ISD is a really great little set, I'd love to see one roughly that size but of the SSD

We need a microscale star destroyer with Thrawn and then we can call it the Chimaera.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Spookydonut posted:

Yeah, I have the midi-scale ISD - it was really fun putting it together and it's a great little display piece. I do worry the SSD in that size might be too small. 10221 is 50" long, I'd be happy with something ~18-24" max. I think you could still get a good amount of detail across at that size, but it also wouldn't be so gigantic that you'd have to alter your shelf space.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
I want to see the smallest isd that can possibly be built while still being recognizable

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

I want to see the smallest isd that can possibly be built while still being recognizable

https://www.brickowl.com/catalog/lego-wing-2-x-3-left-43723
https://www.brickowl.com/catalog/lego-wing-2-x-3-right-43722
https://www.brickowl.com/catalog/lego-slope-1-x-2-31-85984

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/buildinginstructions/4492

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
I WOULD RATHER INSERT A $20 LEGO SET'S WORTH OF PLASTIC BRICKS INTO MY URETHRA THAN STOP TALKING ABOUT BEING A SCALPER.
College Slice
Wow, I came back after some time away and thought a really cool set had been released that prompted some exciting Lego discussion. Ah, well, nevertheless.

I'm a big fan of that Thor Bros set.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Needs wings that come to a point. That looks like its just the bridge.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

veni veni veni posted:

Needs wings that come to a point. That looks like its just the bridge.

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jun 29, 2021

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Also, I don't know how they'd do the "bubbles," but the Interdictor ISD would be a neat set.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
This appears to be the smallest official ISD, at what appears to be 12 elements:

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Also, I don't know how they'd do the "bubbles," but the Interdictor ISD would be a neat set.

Easy, use the Death Star halves from 9676:

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Might look better with the ice cream tops?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I swear there was a planet series ISD but looking through the sets I must have been thinking of the assault ship.

Conveniently, some blogger did a quick history of all lego destroyers as of 2017.

https://vaderfan2187.wordpress.com/2017/09/15/history-of-lego-star-destroyers/

4492 is my favorite of the small ones.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Everything ok in here?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Cheese it, it's the Rangers of the New Republic!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

corgski posted:

Everything ok in here?

Very mad about fictional space ship names

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

The Bloop posted:

Very mad about fictional space ship names

I'm so mad, I could use illegal techniques to put mocs together and no egghead at Lego can stop me!!!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Post your angriest Legos

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I like how on the forums, when a thread veers into territory someone doesn't want to talk about ,they just start reporting poo poo even though literally no one was fighting or melting down, and the spaceship name thing is actually related to Lego atm.

"I don't want to talk about this. Therefore someone must be breaking the rules!"

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Put Ninjago City Gardens on my wedding registry.

Got Ninjago City Gardens as a wedding present. :yaycat:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

veni veni veni posted:

I like how on the forums, when a thread veers into territory someone doesn't want to talk about ,they just start reporting poo poo even though literally no one was fighting or melting down, and the spaceship name thing is actually related to Lego atm.

"I don't want to talk about this. Therefore someone must be breaking the rules!"

It was just another release in the line of Ultimate Crybaby Series Lego sets.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

The Bloop posted:

Post your angriest Legos

:negative:

I stuck this combination together as a kid and didn’t have enough strength to separate it until I became an adult

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

veni veni veni posted:

It’s almost always the same couple of posters too :thunk:

I made the post here because it initially blew up on Lego social media and it’s relevant to the thread. If someone doesn’t think the discourse surrounding Lego products (whether you agree with it or not!) is relevant to a thread about Lego, then maybe just sit out until the discussion inevitably dies down or shifts. Just blanket reporting every post you don’t like is some childish poo poo.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

:negative:

I stuck this combination together as a kid and didn’t have enough strength to separate it until I became an adult

At least you managed to separate them. I got one of those in a bulk lot a couple of years ago and it's still stuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Cloks posted:

Put Ninjago City Gardens on my wedding registry.

Got Ninjago City Gardens as a wedding present. :yaycat:
Yo that owns!