Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
I was just making fun of Italians, I didn't mean to do a racism D:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live
https://www.instagram.com/p/CQtbbobDGJ6/

looks nothing like the sopranos and yet i'm so excited? gently caress

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHa95iy2lF0

I didn't realize they just completely ditched the whole Newark Riots angle, unless there's some serious misdirects or timeline shenanigans being thrown around here (There's the brief shot of the military rolling in but that would've been long before Tony was a high schooler.)

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jun 29, 2021

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I don't really see much to compel me with that trailer but since it's David Chase I'm assuming it will have funny moments and not completely suck so I'll definitely be watching it

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I uhhhhhh

well I hope they’re just playing up the young Tony stuff for the trailer because jesus christ

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Wow that does not bode well

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
It's just a trailer

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
it looks so bad I kept expecting the credits to say it was under Carmine Jr's subspecies

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
It looks great. gently caress the haters.

Legit pumped to see Dickie's storyline and Berenthal owns.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Sorry, it didn't have Junior saying Tony doesn't have the makings of a varsity athlete in front of all the girl cousins. 0/10

indiscriminately
Jan 19, 2007
Is that a young Paulie Walnuts at Satriale's? That might be kinda fun anyway

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
It's more sopranos. That's all that matters.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Matt Zerella posted:

Legit pumped to see Dickie's storyline and Berenthal owns.

https://twitter.com/Truiz_24/status/1284960724180074496?s=20

Joseph Siravo sadly died and Laila Robbins aged out of the part which is a shame since they both killed it on the show but, yeah, I'm excited to see where the new actors go with it.

Still feeling kinda skeptical that Corey Stoll can pull off as good an Uncle Jr. as Rocco Sisto did though.

PostNouveau posted:

Sorry, it didn't have Junior saying Tony doesn't have the makings of a varsity athlete in front of all the girl cousins. 0/10

We don't even get to see Janice dropping acid and blowing roadies!

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I'm pretty sure this is gonna be a Chris Carter/Xfiles Revival situation where the creator just fails completely to reproduce the original formula and the results are embarrassing to everyone involved.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

TheBuilder posted:

It's just a trailer

A trailer cut by someone who has never seen a single episode of the show by the looks of it. At least that's what I'm hoping.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It reminds me of the early trailers for the show where they’d take all the murders and violence from the entire first season and cut it in a way that made it seem like the show was nothing but that.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
That seemed to be a trailer mostly dedicated to shooting guns

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

PerilPastry posted:

https://twitter.com/Truiz_24/status/1284960724180074496?s=20

Joseph Siravo sadly died and Laila Robbins aged out of the part which is a shame since they both killed it on the show but, yeah, I'm excited to see where the new actors go with it.

Still feeling kinda skeptical that Corey Stoll can pull off as good an Uncle Jr. as Rocco Sisto did though.

We don't even get to see Janice dropping acid and blowing roadies!

If I had a nickel for every time Vera Farmiga played the domineering mother of an iconic villain protagonist who deeply shaped him as a person, I'd have ten cents

Which isn't much but it's weird it happened twice.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Are we supposed to know who Ray Liotta is portraying or is it still a surprise?

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.
I was pleasantly surprised to see that Young Gandolfini got the Tony scowl down right. Hard to tell much from the trailer but I did enjoy seeing Satriale’s and Uncle Juniors house again.

I thought it looked like it had potential, I am surprised to see such a universally negative reaction here in the thread. But time will tell it it’s any good, I suppose.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I’m thinking Liotta is Ercoli DeMeo.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Jose Oquendo posted:

I'm gonna guess he's Ercole DiMeo

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
Did the guy playing Dickie Moltisanti look a lot like a young Richie Aprile to anyone else?

indiscriminately
Jan 19, 2007

Ishamael posted:

I was pleasantly surprised to see that Young Gandolfini got the Tony scowl down right. Hard to tell much from the trailer but I did enjoy seeing Satriale’s and Uncle Juniors house again.

I thought it looked like it had potential, I am surprised to see such a universally negative reaction here in the thread. But time will tell it it’s any good, I suppose.

The trailer was overly romantic about young Tony, it gave off an Anakin Skywalker vibe. I'm hopeful that's just marketing though.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Saw a comment from someone saying they got chills hearing the theme at the end of the trailer. I love the show so much but only having picked it up 5 years ago, I feel like part of the magic is lost on me being a late comer.

Plot twist. Tony dies at the end of Newark, the whole series was a dream, season 6 an inception-style dream.

And whats with "Atonio" Soprano? Shouldn't it be Anthony?

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

PerilPastry posted:

Did the guy playing Dickie Moltisanti look a lot like a young Richie Aprile to anyone else?

He does have those Manson Lamps.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
THE JACKETTTTTTT @ 1:05

Made you look :xd:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I got so loving sick of that song at the con. Alabama 3 performed it live twice and it was played between every goddamn panel.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Leaked scene of Dickie making a deal with the feds

https://youtu.be/M4VK8v7kX_Q

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I paused this shot of inside the pork store.
Who are these guys? Is that Paulie at the end of the table and Sil standing?

indiscriminately
Jan 19, 2007
I perceive the standing wifebeater as Paulie

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

phasmid posted:

THE JACKETTTTTTT @ 1:05

Made you look :xd:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyUao6FNpeU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
There was a shot of several teens walking away that I assumed was Tony’s little crew with Silvio, Jackie Sr., Ralphie, and perhaps Tony B.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

indiscriminately posted:

The trailer was overly romantic about young Tony, it gave off an Anakin Skywalker vibe. I'm hopeful that's just marketing though.

Yeah I haven’t really been following the hype or press for the movie but I thought it wasn’t supposed to center around young tony is it? He’s meant to be more of a side character?

Hopefully Covid didn’t wrench the production of this too badly, I want it to be good, but so far the internet is being very harsh on it (though of course you can’t listen to that, the internet foams at the mouth for the chance to dunk on something popular)

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Ainsley McTree posted:

Yeah I haven’t really been following the hype or press for the movie but I thought it wasn’t supposed to center around young tony is it? He’s meant to be more of a side character?

The trailer definitely puts Tony front and center but with the story bits I was figuring out from the trailer, it really does seem this is supposed to be about Dickie. I think that’s how this movie was originally conceived.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Its just a trailer but it does seem pretty different from The Sopranos, although that's not bad.

Dickie Moltesanti seems interesting and the actor is getting into it. Oof though, young Tony just doesn't have a lot of energy or acting skill going on there. I get he's a kid but still, doesn't seem like that kid is gonna become Gandolfini. But I guess that's the point of the show, so I'll give it a chance.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Jose Oquendo posted:

I've seen the name 'Aldo Moltisanti' floating around.

indiscriminately posted:

I perceive the standing wifebeater as Paulie

I'm hoping Joey Diaz is 'fat' Jerry Anastasia.

codo27 posted:

And whats with "Atonio" Soprano? Shouldn't it be Anthony?

Yeah, they definitely changed it.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

i cant get over his haircut. He looks like the son of anton chigurh

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

banned from Starbucks posted:

i cant get over his haircut. He looks like the son of anton chigurh

Yeah same. His face also doesn't seem to have the same shape as his dad's, although maybe that's just age and weight differences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
gently caress, I saw 35 new posts in an old, slow moving thread and thought that Edie Falco died or some poo poo.

Also, trailer looks great aside from a few cheap looking sets and production and Gandolfini looks like he nailed it. The high school scenes have me hoping for a varsity athlete reference somewhere. Either him flaming out or, better, actually kicking rear end and making Uncle Junior a liar but getting kicked out for grades or bad behavior.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jun 29, 2021