Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Ray Johnson here with the KBBR news. Shocking revelations show that president Biden is actually a dead corpse. Early reports also indicate that speaker Pelosi has been controlling him by inserting her arm into him lifeless body. It has been noted by many observers that the speaker's hand can be visibly seen exiting the President's mouth. More on this story at 11. Up next, sport and weather and after the break, shocking developments on our ongoing story "why the hell won't my kids call me back?".

Cocaine Bear has a new favorite as of 12:23 on Jun 29, 2021

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Starved to death again. Lol.

maybe angband is not the game for you

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

https://twitter.com/Simprano_Tony/status/1409246327742009349?s=19

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Beartaco posted:

Do you have any of the videos on hand? That sounds infuriating and perfect for this thread. Like, are they doing it unironically?

This came across my news feed over the weekend

https://www.dailydot.com/irl/tiktok-kfc-mashed-potatoes/

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

ElBrak posted:

The bigger the batch of food you gotta make, the more your utensils and tools look like you're about to mix together a big batch of concrete.

whenever I need to make a huge batch of salad I make sure to use the 'slaw zaw

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

ElBrak posted:

The bigger the batch of food you gotta make, the more your utensils and tools look like you're about to mix together a big batch of concrete.

Those sikh kitchens in India are cool to watch for this, making curry in swimming pool sized vats using 50kg bags of spices and absurd amounts of butter

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, Little Caeser's ain't great but there's nothing intrinsically terrible about that.

Lots of people who have never worked in a commercial kitchen are shocked at the tools and containers you use when producing large quantities of food. They'd prolly be grossed out by a Michelin kitchen.

That said I don't think that's a Little Caesar's, bc you wouldn't put the container on the floor or use a drill

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 13:28 on Jun 29, 2021

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

https://mobile.twitter.com/cynthiamckinney/status/1409519715677085706

Georgia loves sending anti-semites to the House of Representatives.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Edit: N/M

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Soylent Pudding posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/cynthiamckinney/status/1409519715677085706

Georgia loves sending anti-semites to the House of Representatives.

Gotta get a jump on that 20 years of terror celebration.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Already deleted.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

https://mobile.twitter.com/ADL/status/1409636626679025664

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Zetsubou-san posted:

whenever I need to make a huge batch of salad I make sure to use the 'slaw zaw

I don't know if this is a joke, but I worked at a place that went through so much lettuce we cut it up with a saw.

When you're making giant batches you pretty much need some kind of tool or you'll get stress injuries. Even big bakeries that do actual handmade stuff have automatic loaders so you aren't physically putting like 5,000 trays in an oven or something.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

Len posted:

This came across my news feed over the weekend

https://www.dailydot.com/irl/tiktok-kfc-mashed-potatoes/

Wow Dailydot is an incredibly stupid site.

Thinky Whale
Aug 2, 2012

All that most maddens and torments; all that stirs up the lees of things; all truth with malice in it; all that cracks the sinews and cakes the brain; all the subtle demonisms of life and thought; all evil were visibly personified, and made practically assailable in Fry.

Imagine women invading and colonizing fandom!

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Boy i tell ya hwhat, the replies to that colonizer tweet sure are an organic feces farm.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

gonna make sonic harvest my sugar cane

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I loving love this poo poo. Just the absolute dumbest possible response to "hey maybe we should make things suck a little less".

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Make America Suck Less is a slogan for sure

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Aramoro posted:

You should still do it, getting swole is really hard in general and eve harder for women. You can go, work out lift lots of heavy things and you won't gain huge muscles all of a sudden. Also you will get to hang out with muscley women so basically it's a win-win for you.

:yeah:

Mega Comrade posted:

And you know, her husband killed himself, leaving her as a single mum and the entire world media harassing her even more than before AND weird fans blaming her for it.

I dont particularly have much love for her either but man has she had it rough.

Also, if I remember right, her comment in 2005 about "Watch out for Harvey Weinstein" was used as just another reason she was a "crazy crackwhore", except...Oops! All Predators

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Lots of people who have never worked in a commercial kitchen are shocked at the tools and containers you use when producing large quantities of food.

I had an ex-friend who, a year or two into college, got a job at a Little Caesars. A few days into the job, she was promising us these horror stories of the Little Caesars kitchen. I was nervous (their pizza sucks but I like their Crazy Bread/Sauce), expecting something like rats in the kitchen or foot tomatoes, but it turns out the disgusting "exposure" of the place was..."There's SO MUCH GREASE. And we have to use INDUSTRIAL-STRENGTH DISH DETERGENT!!!" I felt bad laughing at her, but goddamn.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Fister Roboto posted:

I loving love this poo poo. Just the absolute dumbest possible response to "hey maybe we should make things suck a little less".

I got similar poo poo somewhere last year when my partner and I finally got married. We were going to do it anyway, but on our own timeline; insurance forced us to move it up because they first made it as difficult as possible to insure a domestic partner then decided they just weren't going to cover that relationship anymore a few months later.

I pointed out that I thought it was so asinine that as a domestic partner I had to get so much documentation to prove we've lived together and shared expenses for years (which would be nearly impossible even for a married couple to prove by their standards; who actually has both names on every bill they get?), yet as a spouse I just needed to check a box to say we were married; they did not actually verify this in any way, we didn't have to live together or have shared accounts or assets as was required for domestic partnership....nothing.

It's just amazing the responses that came up. gently caress me for trying to point out that our gate-keeping system for who is allowed to be insured on a policy is completely arbitrary and pointless, I guess :shrug:.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The worst kind of attack on the sanctity of marriage in the insurance system.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Looks like Twitter actually pulled the plug on the Latest Tweets view, the option to go back never appears now :whitewater:

https://twitter.com/mplblm/status/1409943014412333057

(the social media is the idiot)

repiv has a new favorite as of 20:24 on Jun 29, 2021

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Does this affect Tweetdeck? That might be the "workaround" for desktop outside of an extension/add-on.

Enemabag Jones
Mar 24, 2015

Courtney Love is charismatic as hell and seems to be doing okay after being dealt a poo poo hand in life. The hate always seemed pretty misogynistic.

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta
https://twitter.com/HiuGregg/status/1409639457096040454

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

:drat:

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Read After Burning posted:

I had an ex-friend who, a year or two into college, got a job at a Little Caesars. A few days into the job, she was promising us these horror stories of the Little Caesars kitchen. I was nervous (their pizza sucks but I like their Crazy Bread/Sauce), expecting something like rats in the kitchen or foot tomatoes, but it turns out the disgusting "exposure" of the place was..."There's SO MUCH GREASE. And we have to use INDUSTRIAL-STRENGTH DISH DETERGENT!!!" I felt bad laughing at her, but goddamn.
I worked there at the same point of my life and most other people I talk to are shocked at how much prep we did compared to other fast food pizza joints.

They are (or used to be) franchised so who knows how ubiquitous our procedures were. The owner was a prick, so no telling how much he made us do to save a buck.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Post Ironic Cereal posted:

Courtney Love is charismatic as hell and seems to be doing okay after being dealt a poo poo hand in life. The hate always seemed pretty misogynistic.
Yeah, she's a fuckin trainwreck but gets endless poo poo from a lot of the same people who were just slobbering all over Jon McAfee's sad leathery dong before and after he took a bedsheet straight to hell

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

JGdmn posted:

I worked there at the same point of my life and most other people I talk to are shocked at how much prep we did compared to other fast food pizza joints.

They are (or used to be) franchised so who knows how ubiquitous our procedures were. The owner was a prick, so no telling how much he made us do to save a buck.

Franchise owner… a prick? :aaaaa:

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Yeah, she's a fuckin trainwreck but gets endless poo poo from a lot of the same people who were just slobbering all over Jon McAfee's sad leathery dong before and after he took a bedsheet straight to hell

If she wanted him dead, she could've just not called an ambulance during his increasingly frequent overdoses. Path of least resistance, as sad and lovely as that is to think about. He was an awesome artist but desperately needed to listen to her about rehab and actually committing to therapy.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

repiv posted:

Looks like Twitter actually pulled the plug on the Latest Tweets view, the option to go back never appears now :whitewater:

https://twitter.com/mplblm/status/1409943014412333057

(the social media is the idiot)

I still have the option. It's probably an A/B testing thing.

After which of course they'll surely commit to it because it drives engagement or some such

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Fishstick posted:

Those sikh kitchens in India are cool to watch for this, making curry in swimming pool sized vats using 50kg bags of spices and absurd amounts of butter

That sounds pretty sikh, dude.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

https://twitter.com/scotrail/status/1408772829613543426

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I wasn't aware of Courtney Love's Dad. I just chalked it up to the scene she came from, and underlying mental illness.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

If she wanted him dead, she could've just not called an ambulance during his increasingly frequent overdoses. Path of least resistance, as sad and lovely as that is to think about. He was an awesome artist but desperately needed to listen to her about rehab and actually committing to therapy.
And she deffo wouldn't have tried to recruit loving El Duce as a hitman. No one who's ever spent 30 seconds in his presence would even hire him to poo poo his own pants.

I can not stress enough how unbelievably stupid he was.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Courtney Love is also a great actress. Like, she's really good in every movie she's been in and "for some reason" stopped getting acting gigs around the same time she started talking openly about Harvey Weinstein not being a great guy.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
She stopped acting years before she said that though. It might have been partly because her last two movies were critical bombs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

And she deffo wouldn't have tried to recruit loving El Duce as a hitman. No one who's ever spent 30 seconds in his presence would even hire him to poo poo his own pants.

I can not stress enough how unbelievably stupid he was.

THAT'S HIS NAME. Love the idiots who believe he was assassinated via freight car decapitation because he died a week after his interview where he claimed that.