Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

zedprime posted:

Instead it is the rest of the world changing in value.

I’m not crazy, the rest of the world is crazy!!!

Also, crypto “value,” 😜 LMAO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drk
Jan 16, 2005

salt shakeup posted:

It reduces friction and makes it easier to move USD around, since you're outside the outdated and slow traditional banking system.

Do you know how long it takes to transfer money into my US brokerage account and trade with it, using that crusty old banking system?

Literally zero seconds. Submit the transfer request, and you can immediately trade with the funds. I dont have some rich-guy account or some special features enabled. I pay the princely sum of nothing in account fees, and nothing in transaction fees for this ability.

(yes, technically this takes a day or two to settle on the back end, but thats is an irrelevant detail)

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

drk posted:

Do you know how long it takes to transfer money into my US brokerage account and trade with it, using that crusty old banking system?

Literally zero seconds. Submit the transfer request, and you can immediately trade with the funds. I dont have some rich-guy account or some special features enabled. I pay the princely sum of nothing in account fees, and nothing in transaction fees for this ability.

(yes, technically this takes a day or two to settle on the back end, but thats is an irrelevant detail)

I think Fidelity made me wait until the transaction actually settled the first time or two, I guess to make sure I wasn't an idiot who thought he could pull the money out of my checking account before it transferred.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

The crusty old banking system has a ton of infrastructure and incentive to process money quickly and safely. Bitcoin has no infrastructure and no incentive to process transactions quickly or safely.

You pick.

drk
Jan 16, 2005
but you see, the blockchain is secured by math (and Chinese coal plants)

checkmate, banks. come back when you've heard of math and CO2

waydownLo
Oct 1, 2016

Darth Brooks posted:

The crusty old banking system has a ton of infrastructure and incentive to process money quickly and safely. Bitcoin has no infrastructure and no incentive to process transactions quickly or safely.

You pick.

It looks like a lot of the glaring, unsolvable inefficiencies of crypto arise from people brain-damaged by libertarianism engineering solutions to problems centering around trusted authorities in finance that only they could/can see.

This is less due to any particular insight they have to offer so much as their inability/refusal to understand why everyone else is okay with totally centralized, trust-essential modes of finance.

drk
Jan 16, 2005
The funny thing about the Butters is they are in a weird intersection of people who took away the wrong lessons from previous recessions and people who think "hmm, this smart contract I haven't read and wouldnt understand anyways is paying 800% APR, sounds legit and I could really use that cash".

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
the latest from the El Salvador bitcoin clown car trash fire

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Divabot who did you piss off for that redtext lol

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

imagine being mad at someone profiting from shitposting lmao

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol

https://twitter.com/MarketWatch/status/1409967575954558978

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Miners are the only ones that should have that power!

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

punishedkissinger posted:

imagine being mad at someone profiting from shitposting lmao
Pretty understandable if someone lost thousands on the butts.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
wasnt there like one specific poster itt who was turbomad about him using info from posts here?

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

how dare someone learn from the internet

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You're talking about divabot STEALING ARE POSTS to publish in a book and raking in mad cash from?

Fame Douglas fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jun 30, 2021

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I wasn't turbomad, i just told him that if he is going to steal all of the information crowdsourced here and pretend it's his own then to not also sell his poo poo here too. Nobody can fault a fraud for wanting to get paid but it's crass to come back to the scene of the crime like that.

He wants to talk here that's fine it's just legit gross when every loving post is a link to his blog or a sales pitch for his dumb loving book. Just have a conversation like a normal person.

Doesn't mean I'd buy a red text about it. It was probably seraph or something.

Rectal Death Adept fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jun 30, 2021

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Rectal Death Adept posted:

I wasn't turbomad, i just told him that if he is going to steal all of the information crowdsourced here and pretend it's his own then to not also sell his poo poo here too. Nobody can fault a fraud for wanting to get paid but it's crass to come back to the scene of the crime like that.

He wants to talk here that's fine it's just legit gross when every loving post is a link to his blog or a sales pitch for his dumb loving book. Just have a conversation like a normal person.

This post is DMCA protected

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Fame Douglas posted:

This post is DMCA protected

Too late I minted in into an NFT and sold it to a crypto speculator for $50

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

this post is now an NFT valued at one million dolloars!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

tango alpha delta posted:

this post is now an NFT valued at one million dolloars!

can I offer you US Dolloar Coin?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I only accept united states doll hairs and/or clownpeniscoins

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
my posts are only tradeable for buttholegold

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

So first you're angry that divabot "stole" information researched and crowdsourced from this thread.

Then you're angry that he comes into these threads with the new information and research in his blog posts.

Are you sure that you're not just upset at the idea of someone else attaining some small degree of success?

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

I wasn't turbomad, I typed madly into my keyboard.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
please dont put it on the blockchain that i got mad.

catspleen
Sep 12, 2003

I orphaned his children. I widowed his wife.

Also reminder, yet again, he has routinely given away his book in this thread.

super gross shill tho. I’m ultra not mad.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

pray for my aunt posted:

please dont put it on the blockchain that i got mad.

i'm not mad, the steadfast iron will of unstoppable code is mad

(but tbf divabot had that custom title before rectal death got mad about the book. probably was from seraph or one of the other true believers high on short-term gainz.)

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Sir this is a Wendy's

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

May I introduce Unstablecoin? It's backed by USD, but instead of a fixed 1:1 ratio the exchange rate is randomly determined on a transaction-by-transaction basis.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

lol look how fuckin jealous you are you didnt think of it first

what a FRAUD you are, divabot, being the one person to make money legit from cryptosporidium

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

buttcoin

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

and another one

https://twitter.com/coffeebreak_YT/status/1410076749002690561

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights

Yeah, real funny. Well at least one person is laughing - divabot - and all the way to the bank, at that. Personally I think it's fine if he is monetising posts, that's just how the freemarket works.

LOL @ how transparent the names of these scam coins are getting. "WhaleFarm" - "SafeMoon" etc. it's ridiculous. Stick with Bitcoin and/or Ethereum, noobs.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

this latest article of his he linked in this thread has plenty of journalism work and sourced stuff from reddit and twitter and various crypto podcasters and basically nothing whatsoever from this thread. if anything he's doing the thread a favor, giving it content rather than taking

how loving dare you, divaFRAUD

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

this all falls firmly in the wheelhouse of my new project, contentcoin, whitepaper available now.

it's a proof-of-post system, where those who create the most valuable content receive rewards and individual phrases are traced and credited on the blockchain, so divabot can never steal our posts again

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
people were paying into ponzicoin in like 2014, at this point I'd be surprised if people didn't buy into a transparent scam coin. they never think they'll be the ones left holding the bag

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

More like Augean Stablecoin, am I right?

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Chadzok posted:

this all falls firmly in the wheelhouse of my new project, contentcoin, whitepaper available now.

it's a proof-of-post system, where those who create the most valuable content receive rewards and individual phrases are traced and credited on the blockchain, so divabot can never steal our posts again

foiled again by divaboooooooooooooot

fake edit: about a quarter of that list is either permabanned, regular banned or thread-banned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
we need stablecoin to prevent all these dang horses from escaping