Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I keep rewatching the AS6 episode 2 lipsync. :allears: Ra'jah's high kick at the beginning is just...[chef's kiss]

Also, how do y'all feel going forward re. spoiler bars for AS6? I think waiting until the weekend after the premiere is good form (since some folks don't get the opportunity to watch until the weekend), although I'm also happy to wait a week after or even just use 'em permanently. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Read After Burning posted:

Also, how do y'all feel going forward re. spoiler bars for AS6? I think waiting until the weekend after the premiere is good form (since some folks don't get the opportunity to watch until the weekend), although I'm also happy to wait a week after or even just use 'em permanently. :)

I'm of the mind that Saturday morning after is good to ditch the spoiler tags. That gives people 2 days to watch it. If they know they can't watch it until Saturday or Sunday, then they should abstain from viewing this thread until they are ready. It's not like reddit where new posts will pop up in their feed, if you see there are 12 new comments in this post, just don't go into the post if spoilers are something that concern you.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Yeah I agree with that. Once a new episode is out, I just don't read the thread until I've watched it. Seems reasonable.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

For sure! The only reason I ask is because we've occasionally used this thread for discussion of other similar media, but all that's happening right now is Legendary S2 (Pose is over and there's no Dragula right now), so we should be fine. :) I think using spoiler bars until the Saturday or Sunday morning after is a good policy.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Agreed! This thread is basically my reminder that the show has aired so it's nice when there's a little lead up to the spoilers.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Replacing Stacey and JBC are... these people

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQtcJphLqbG/?utm_medium=copy_link

She's on the Handmaid's Tale and he was on Fashion Police and does a lot of E! Red Carpet stuff apparently. Disappointed Stacey's not on again but they seem fine.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

angerbeet posted:

Replacing Stacey and JBC are... these people

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQtcJphLqbG/?utm_medium=copy_link

She's on the Handmaid's Tale and he was on Fashion Police and does a lot of E! Red Carpet stuff apparently. Disappointed Stacey's not on again but they seem fine.

Brad I remember from when he was on the Bravo series The Rachel Zoe Project. He's cute and pleasant, I did not know he was Canadian.

Traci was a guest judge a few times in the first season.

Amanda, upon looking her up, I do recognize her.

Brad makes sense. Traci, sure, everyone seemed to go wild anytime she was on the show last season. Amanda, I'm not sure about.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Canadian celebrities look AI generated

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
smdh no one here knows who Pastor Nina is

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Amanda was on Handmaid's Tale and that movie where Kevin James is a neo nazi and some other things. Traci has been on basically every Canadian media thing ever whether it is morning shows or MuchMusic or talk shows or whatever. Brad I don't really know.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
Great now if we could just replace Brooklyn.....

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

Poulpe posted:

Brook is a good judge! Although she could stand lighten up a bit.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Eej posted:

smdh no one here knows who Pastor Nina is

pastor nina is good and i will enjoy her presence

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/8f1a634968cf24e22b0bc0b7a93b4f0c.mp4

Perfection.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I've watched that part, as well as Kylie Sonique's "Ginger, you are shaped like a deep breath" on loop so many times since last week, haha.

One of the judges for Drag Race Italy (did we even know this was a thing..?) is apparently quite controversial, namely for cozying up to a right-wing Italian politician and for referring to a bi contestant on a reality show as a "half lesbian". His name is Tommaso Zorzi.

Here's some more context, if you're interested. Any Italian goons know of this guy?

https://www.reddit.com/r/rpdrcringe/comments/oax5h3/drag_race_italy_has_just_been_announced_and_the/

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
The "supporting fascism" thing seems bad

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I'm looking to find a better source on this, but I keep seeing references to this guy apparently not even knowing the difference between a drag queen and a trans woman, so this whole thing is a giant YIKES from me. :ohdear:

Apparently he has a big audience with straight women, so RPDR Italy is already looking VERY unfortunate.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

Poulpe posted:

I wouldn't mind Dan Levy with the same energy he brought to Great Canadian Baking Show, but I suspect he's out of their budget

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Read After Burning posted:

I'm looking to find a better source on this, but I keep seeing references to this guy apparently not even knowing the difference between a drag queen and a trans woman, so this whole thing is a giant YIKES from me. :ohdear:

Apparently he has a big audience with straight women, so RPDR Italy is already looking VERY unfortunate.

I guess I thought the drag queen in the photo was the problematic person but the head judge isn't even a drag queen themself? Like, Italy, what are you doing.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

angerbeet posted:

I guess I thought the drag queen in the photo was the problematic person but the head judge isn't even a drag queen themself? Like, Italy, what are you doing.

I believe the host is a drag queen (her name is Priscilla), but the other two judges are a comedian and...this guy.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
He's like a worse Ross Matthews who loves bootlicking?

Seems bad.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Don't suppose he happens to have any links to, erm, 'oil and gas exploration' does he?

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
There is yet another Drag Race spinoff on Paramount Plus, Dragging the Classics starring various alumni of Drag Race recreating old episodes of classic sitcoms. The first is of The Brady Bunch.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
We all love acting challenges right? What if that but it's the entire show?

Actually though, there was a very short lived show that tried to do this that I thought deserved better.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

gandlethorpe posted:

It's pretty bad. I can't tell if they're trying to play it straight (no pun intended), but it's as bad as the acting challenges.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Ru's just angling for his own Oprah network now.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

gandlethorpe posted:

Actually though, there was a very short lived show that tried to do this that I thought deserved better.

I still quote Paul Vogt's Mrs. Garrett.

Although the better version was on the Big Gay Sketch Show: https://vimeo.com/71336691

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
After E3 of AS6, the show needs to show this ‘game within a game’ or can it. It’s not a mystical surprise. If they pull the same redemption episode bs like other AS seasons, it’s not a surprise. If it’s like the Survivor redemption challenges, they need to show it.

As for the lip synch assassin, it was great to see Laganja again. Mind you listening to the Race Chaser S6 podcast certainly helped.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
At some point after watching All Stars 6, I realised that this is Yara’s world and we’re just living in it. The fact that Trinity is the straight guy to Yara’s kookiness just adds to the enjoyment of Yara Sofia.

We are blessed to have Yara Sofia. It’s a crime they took this long to get her on.

Raccoonboy
May 31, 2011
oh my god the LSA for this episode

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
Scarlett doing curls as "crunches" and "You have to have 3 first-borns."

I love her so much.

edit: her redemption look :aaaaa:

resting mitch face fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jul 1, 2021

Kagon
Jan 25, 2005

Andrew_1985 posted:

After E3 of AS6, the show needs to show this ‘game within a game’ or can it. It’s not a mystical surprise. If they pull the same redemption episode bs like other AS seasons, it’s not a surprise. If it’s like the Survivor redemption challenges, they need to show it.

I agree with this- it feels like it’s just going to be the same sort of redemption challenge that they’ve done before except maybe against each other with the top returning.

Lip sync assassin: Laganja was amazing to see. I was happy that she came back and turned out such a strong performance. I hope she’s on the next all stars.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Literally cannot saying 'gently caress this is sad' and throwing a Shaka whenever anything slightly inconveniences me. Incredibly underrated line reading imo.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Raccoonboy posted:

oh my god the LSA for this episode

OMGYES

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Can't state how much I'm enjoying AS6 so far, especially this last episode. I honestly thought the challenge was strong enough that nobody should have been eliminated.

Laganja absolutely murdered Trinity. Some of the assassins show up, get paid and go but she made a whole show of it.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Never thought I'd ever say this but wow I feel really bad for Silky. Feels like production tried to milk her for loud obnoxious drama but she was just trying to put herself out there as a better person so it didn't make for good TV.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Eej posted:

Never thought I'd ever say this but wow I feel really bad for Silky. Feels like production tried to milk her for loud obnoxious drama but she was just trying to put herself out there as a better person so it didn't make for good TV.

I've felt the same way for a while. Look, I absolutely did not like Silky during season 11. But the level of overt hate she received online, especially from Drag Race fans who are particularly bad, was way over the line. I felt for her during the finale where she looked completely dejected on stage, and I feel for her here where she feels like she can't give it her all so as to avoid more online help. I wonder if season it's still been too soon for her to return to the show, but given from what we've learned about Drag Race contracts, it's possible she didn't have a choice and was contractually obligated to return.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
Two thoughts: One, Kylie Sonique Love has an unfair advantage. Not because she's trans, but because she is goddamn gorgeous and I have started calling her the ringer when she's on screen.

Second, the LSA: I did not recognize Laganja at all, it was only the other people saying her name and her catchphrases that did it. She looked SO much better and happier and I really hope she can come back more.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I re-watched the Blue Ball last night, and...everyone looked really good.

The lipsyncs this season are the best yet so far and I hope this continues. I'm hoping to see Kameron or Asia as lipsync assassins soon. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

I would not consider laganja an assassin but gently caress did she serve. Normally I find that level of stunting much and reminiscent of Sonique’s Two of Hearts go-home handsprings, the sheer joy she was exuding sold me. And we got our iconic line reading!

the lustre on assassins had worn off last season by ep 2 with alyssa, monet, vanjie, and kennedy phoning it in but now I’m most excited to see who shows up behind the curtain