Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Nothus posted:

lol that they couldn't find a single Asian person to front their grift.

they should get in touch with the Libertarian Guys With Asian Wives facebook group

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

this is strange as hell lmao

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Tucker an NSA asset confirmed.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

No one outside of NYC gives a poo poo about the mayoral race. On the other hand, the Iowa caucus sets the media narrative for who gets the most favorable media coverage going into the next round of primaries (and, by extension, who gets ignored as an also-ran loser).

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Oh gently caress, someone already posted it.

Oh well.

:justpost:

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

The Pussy Boss posted:

I honestly think health insurance history has a major influence on people's politics. People who got a job with great insurance right out of college have no fuckin idea.

I got a job with great health insurance right out of college, literally my first day was 3 weeks after I graduated.

Unfortunately a few years later my current wife (then girlfriend who I was living with) had poo poo insurance from her school while she was waitressing part time. And one month they decided to jack up the monthly premium almost triple so we bumped up our wedding plans over a year so she could get basic care and not cost her a fortune out pocket.

Seeing that new monthly premium was definetly a “wtf is this bullshit?” Moment for me

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

PhilippAchtel posted:

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1409998872793997315

The, and I cannot stress this enough, Democrats.

lol bernie has become completely subservient and they're still doing this

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Phone posted:

MY HUSBAND

It's hilarious that she was too ambitious to set her husband up as the figurehead.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
the NYC BOE is really bad but uhhhh there was this election counting process in Florida in 2000 that was much, much worse

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

human garbage bag posted:

The problem is they're going to trample on a whole lot of rights attempting to enforce it. Imagine stop and frisk, but they steal your phone/laptop. Or the cops deciding to confiscate all of the donated laptops from a high school in a disadvantaged area because they "suspect" that someone downloaded a blueprint.

Oh for sure, man.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
this whole NYC fiasco is a joint op by the democrat party and the GOP to dissuade the rest of the country from using RCV

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Smythe posted:

this is too hosed up to believe

It happens all the time, surprised you haven't seen it before

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

is pepsi ok posted:

it's the new "i'm not racist, but"

the really funny thing i've seen a few very confused liberals say "i'm as left as you can get, and yet i own guns. isn't that crazy?"

owning guns is necessary, bit not sufficient for being a leftist imo.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Ytlaya posted:

It happens all the time, surprised you haven't seen it before

i stare at the ground at the gym, for fear of making eye contact and provoking chad and stacy to humiliate me.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I like that the wording of this implies that they do in fact have all of his emails and messages, he just isn't a direct target of theirs lmao

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

yellowcar posted:

is there a term for prefacing that you're "as left as they come" and then dropping a dogshit opinion that's not very left at all

libs seem to love doing that a lot

I think it's called "being How Are U"

Oh Snapple! posted:

Well yeah, they have to keep making an example of him in case anyone else gets ideas above their station

the_steve has issued a correction as of 02:20 on Jun 30, 2021

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Joementum posted:

the NYC BOE is really bad but uhhhh there was this election counting process in Florida in 2000 that was much, much worse

either the rot is too deep for even establishment journalists to deny, or they just forgot because they have the memory of goldfish

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

the_steve posted:

I think it's called "being How Are U"

Keep this up and they gonna do you like they did Majorian.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
so wait, elections can be stolen again?

Did Eric Adams listen to literally anything the media has said since November? It's Hitler to ever question an election.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

500 good dogs posted:

this whole NYC fiasco is a joint op by the democrat party and the GOP to dissuade the rest of the country from using RCV

It's probably equal parts making sure Adams wins and poisoning the well against RCV.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Nothus posted:

It's probably equal parts making sure Adams wins and poisoning the well against RCV.

I figure that's already in the bag, they just want to tease everyone with the thought he might not win, just to yank it away and say "lol sorry RCV is just so difficult!"

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

500 good dogs posted:

I figure that's already in the bag, they just want to tease everyone with the thought he might not win, just to yank it away and say "lol sorry RCV is just so difficult!"

they're lucky that the media all have the memories of goldfish because this is the infinity straight election where the NYC BOE just hosed the whole thing up

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Oh Snapple! posted:

aoc and bernie have proved pretty handily that complete subservience isn't enough to stop the grudge, they demand every trace of you completely scrubbed from the political sphere

e: even then they'll still probably simmer with resentment over it forever

Yinlock has issued a correction as of 02:39 on Jun 30, 2021

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/politico/status/1409995289071697920?s=19

Lol

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

i think they scrubbed the website of the botched ranked choice results lmao
https://vote.nyc/

i think youre supposed to be able to see results like this:
https://twitter.com/USA_Polling/status/1410006421656252417

comedyblissoption has issued a correction as of 02:42 on Jun 30, 2021

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Rectal Death Adept posted:

so wait, elections can be stolen again?

Did Eric Adams listen to literally anything the media has said since November? It's Hitler to ever question an election.

wait did adams lose

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Yinlock posted:

wait did adams lose

define "lose"

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

The Nastier Nate posted:

I got a job with great health insurance right out of college, literally my first day was 3 weeks after I graduated.

Unfortunately a few years later my current wife (then girlfriend who I was living with) had poo poo insurance from her school while she was waitressing part time. And one month they decided to jack up the monthly premium almost triple so we bumped up our wedding plans over a year so she could get basic care and not cost her a fortune out pocket.

Seeing that new monthly premium was definetly a “wtf is this bullshit?” Moment for me

I was just looking at a cbo report the other day on the uninsured.

and what's notable--aside from the jaw-dropping stat of 32 million of americans being uninsured more than a decade after the aca was passed to address the then-47 million of americans who were uninsured--is that the biggest chunk of the uninsured are those who are eligible for employer-sponsored insurance and yet have passed.

dems pretend that the biggest barrier to coverage is chud states rejecting expanded medicaid, but it's actually lower-wage workers who can't afford it or don't see its utility given out-of-pocket costs.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/RepVernonJones/status/1409998353870557186

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

If you don't vote Democrat they take your race card.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Smythe posted:

define "lose"

Clintonishly: define "define"

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

lumpentroll posted:

just realized this is who has been keeping biden "coherent"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Smythe posted:

define "lose"

did he get a delayed count so the books can be properly cooked

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

if no global warming why hot

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Yinlock posted:

did he get a delayed count so the books can be properly cooked

sources point to yes

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Yinlock posted:

wait did adams lose

the second that ranked choice voting made the race even appear remotely close he started crying about discrepancies and stolen elections.

It's just confusing because the entire media has been saying for six months that even daring to think about questioning an election is what nazis do. Why would you ever question an American election? Only loving conspiracy theorist white supremacists want investigations into LEGITAMITE ELECTIONS WITH NO WIDESPREAD CLAIMS OF VOTER FRAUD.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
yup, going just fine in the big apple
https://twitter.com/danarubinstein/status/1410031730065563650

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Rectal Death Adept posted:

the second that ranked choice voting made the race even appear remotely close he started crying about discrepancies and stolen elections.

It's just confusing because the entire media has been saying for six months that even daring to think about questioning an election is what nazis do. Why would you ever question an American election? Only loving conspiracy theorist white supremacists want investigations into LEGITAMITE ELECTIONS WITH NO WIDESPREAD CLAIMS OF VOTER FRAUD.

lol at some libs being like "yes the fix is in, against eric adams"

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Nooooo I scream. idpol was supposed to be a single edged sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Willa Rogers posted:

I was just looking at a cbo report the other day on the uninsured.

and what's notable--aside from the jaw-dropping stat of 32 million of americans being uninsured more than a decade after the aca was passed to address the then-47 million of americans who were uninsured--is that the biggest chunk of the uninsured are those who are eligible for employer-sponsored insurance and yet have passed.

dems pretend that the biggest barrier to coverage is chud states rejecting expanded medicaid, but it's actually lower-wage workers who can't afford it or don't see its utility given out-of-pocket costs.

Yeah pretty much all my coworkers who did w-2 short term work with me just turn down employer insurance. It's high deductible and when the month project ends you're on cobra , I think. Better off just doing ACA plans, but everyone single skips those too because they earn too much for subsidies (well, maybe not with the new formulas) and why bother at that point