Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Incessant Excess posted:

Alright, thanks! I got Radarr installed in a docker container on my NAS, perhaps there is a way to clone it and then run two at once, with a separate directory for the 4K one, that would probably be easiest.

Yeah, with Unraid I just had to enable advanced options so that I could install them despite them already being installed. Then all it took was giving the new ones different container names and ports and it was pretty much golden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.

disaster pastor posted:

Yeah, with Unraid I just had to enable advanced options so that I could install them despite them already being installed. Then all it took was giving the new ones different container names and ports and it was pretty much golden.

Make sure you give it a different /config host path too, I messed up some existing installs by forgetting this step.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

THF13 posted:

Make sure you give it a different /config host path too, I messed up some existing installs by forgetting this step.

Yup, I did this, too, but it's an important step I should have mentioned! Thanks!

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Anyone try to use IMDb lists to allow other people to add movies to radarr? That work okay or should I expect issues?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It can be spotty but generally works ok. Only ever use it for my personal list and not other people though.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
What issues have you encountered? It not pulling movies you've added?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah essentially. I tend to compare what’s on the IMDb list and what’s been added to radarr every so often and remove the matches. I guess it might sometimes not be able to find the film on TMDb etc.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah essentially. I tend to compare what’s on the IMDb list and what’s been added to radarr every so often and remove the matches. I guess it might sometimes not be able to find the film on TMDb etc.

Do you know how frequently it checks a watched list? I have added an IMDB watchlist that had one movie on it, radarr searched and downloaded that movie successfully, however, I then and added a new movie to the list and so far (15 minutes) radarr has not yet grabbed it. I figure it checks it periodically and not every minute but I'm not seeing a setting.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Huge QOL upgrade for me yesterday. One of my Ombi users has absolute poo poo taste and always maxes out his requests, but I really hate playing movie cop. I got tired of other plex users bitching about his selections showing up on their home screens though, so I finally got around to setting up a lovely movie jail for him.

Created a totally separate "badmovies" share, added it as a media source for ombi/radarr/plex and configured ombi to move all his requests to that folder, which was then added to plex as a library shared only with him. Now he can still request sub-Asylum level garbage and nobody else will hassle me about why Ninja Cheerleaders is in their recently added section.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.

Enos Cabell posted:

Huge QOL upgrade for me yesterday. One of my Ombi users has absolute poo poo taste and always maxes out his requests, but I really hate playing movie cop. I got tired of other plex users bitching about his selections showing up on their home screens though, so I finally got around to setting up a lovely movie jail for him.

Created a totally separate "badmovies" share, added it as a media source for ombi/radarr/plex and configured ombi to move all his requests to that folder, which was then added to plex as a library shared only with him. Now he can still request sub-Asylum level garbage and nobody else will hassle me about why Ninja Cheerleaders is in their recently added section.

The great thing about having this setup is you can switch anyone who gets on your nerves so they only have access to this folder.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

THF13 posted:

The great thing about having this setup is you can switch anyone who gets on your nerves so they only have access to this folder.

Haha I actually threatened the two biggest complainers with exactly this after I rolled it out yesterday.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Movie cop is fun.

Matt Zerella fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jun 4, 2021

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Radarr is absolutely not as good as sonarr. What gives?

Constantly either not finding things or only finding 40gb remuxes.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Sounds like something in your settings is up, most likely the quality profiles. I have mine (mainly)set for WEB 1080, then halting at BLU-RAY 1080 for the majority of things and it won’t touch the remux uploads then.

Incessant Excess posted:

Do you know how frequently it checks a watched list?

System -> Tasks -> Import List Sync

It’s defaulted to checking once a day, but there’s a button there you can click to manually execute it.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Prowlarr dropped on the Unraid ca apps plug-in to day so I checked it out. I think it’s going to pretty easily replace both nzbhydra and Jackett for me. Might be worth checking out.

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good

Laserface posted:

Radarr is absolutely not as good as sonarr. What gives?

Constantly either not finding things or only finding 40gb remuxes.

I had good luck with my setup after configuring it with the guide here. https://trash-guides.info/

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I had a show set to 720p in the past, at some point changed it to this quality profile but Sonarr isn't upgrading the existing files:

Anyone know why it doesn't just look for higher quality files or, failing that, how I can manually initiate a search? The "search monitored" button is greyed out, presumably because there already is a (low quality) file for every episode on disk.

Incessant Excess fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jun 10, 2021

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
I am having the opposite problem, where as of a few days ago Radarr has decided that half my movie collection is now of "Unknown" quality even if it's HD and is now "upgrading" a bunch of stuff that doesn't need to be upgraded.

I have gigabit internet with no cap so it's not too big of a deal, but it has occasionally been making bad choices and breaking working content.

I know I can go through and set each file to an appropriate quality setting manually, but is there any way to do it in bulk? Like to just tell it to assume that anything marked as Unknown in a HD or DVD resolution with a surround audio track is the corresponding source?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Incessant Excess posted:

I had a show set to 720p in the past, at some point changed it to this quality profile but Sonarr isn't upgrading the existing files:

Anyone know why it doesn't just look for higher quality files or, failing that, how I can manually initiate a search? The "search monitored" button is greyed out, presumably because there already is a (low quality) file for every episode on disk.

You've got the series unmonitored. At least, that's how Sonarr acts when a series is unmonitored.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Also monitored will only watch RSS, if it's something that hasn't been posted ina while you can search for it from the movie or the "cutoff unmet" section

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Incessant Excess posted:

Anyone try to use IMDb lists to allow other people to add movies to radarr? That work okay or should I expect issues?

I tried it but yeah it kinda worked but not really. themoviedb.org however has worked perfectly from the start, so give that a try if you haven't yet.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

norp posted:

Also monitored will only watch RSS, if it's something that hasn't been posted ina while you can search for it from the movie or the "cutoff unmet" section

This might explain my issue with radarr not finding things. Thanks!

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
This might be more of a general *nix / *BSD question, but has anyone else upgraded Sonarr from V2 to V3 on the same machine/VM/jail? I did so over the weekend and while the app itself seems to be working fine, I hosed up my 'service' call for it somehow i.e. service sonarr start/stop/status

Looking at the V3 install directions from this page, I only saw 2 differences between their 'sonarr' file in rc.d and the one I already had: they used a user/group media:media instead of my sonarr:sonarr, and the command_args path was /usr/local/share/Sonarr rather than /usr/local/share/NzbDrone

I made a copy of my existing rc file (changing its name), changed those 2 things in the 'sonarr' file, and tried to start things up with 'service sonarr start'. That doesn't return an error, but 'service sonarr status' says sonarr is not running. BUT, if I go to the Sonarr web portal it does load up in V3 and everything looks fine. I added a show and downloaded an episode, it sent it over to SAB then moved it to my Plex library where it showed up shorty after, so the app itself is working.

If I check Sonarr logs it has a Fatal error that something is already listening on part 8989, a 'netstat | grep 8989' reveals that that thing is... sonarr! Somehow the 'service' command is running the new V3, but is still trying to pull info from the old V2 files somewhere.

I tried removing executable from the old rc file, and even went in and commented out some of the lines that referred to the old V2 files, no joy. Has anyone 'transitioned' a service like this, by just changing the paths referenced in the rc file? Is there another system file somewhere I need to update or a different process I need to follow to have V3 be controlled as a service?

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
You might just need to kill the running instance of sonarr, and then the rc.d controlled instance can take over.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Guy Axlerod posted:

You might just need to kill the running instance of sonarr, and then the rc.d controlled instance can take over.

I've tried restarting it a few times, I can kill it by its pid and start it with 'service sonarr start' again but after that none of the other 'service' commands work and it repeats the same error in the sonarr logs. It's like it's trying to load up both versions at once but I'm not sure what still references the old V2 files anymore.

If I kill by pid, then nothing shows up anymore listening to 8989 and the web GUI stops working, 'service sonarr start' brings the GUI back up and shows sonarr listening on 8989 again, but 'service' commands are still busted.

But ah! If I try to do 'service sonarr status' it tells me to check nzbdrone.pid, which would be for V2, and there is now a new sonarr.pid file containing the pid of the currently running service I see in the 'top' command. The github page I was using still has nzbdrone.pid in their file, but that could be a different version or some other change somewhere. Probably something to do with my installing V3 directly from a zip download, a lot of the stuff I saw online said I could just do 'pkg install sonarr-devel' but my jail couldn't find that package.

I edited the rc file pidfile reference to point to sonarr.pid instead and now I'm getting correct feedback from the 'status' command :rock:

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Most of these variables you are changing can be set in rc.conf by servicename_variablename="value"

No need to edit rc scripts for that!!

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

norp posted:

Most of these variables you are changing can be set in rc.conf by servicename_variablename="value"

No need to edit rc scripts for that!!

I'm sure there are lots of different ways to do it, just so happens that when I was setting all of this stuff up i followed a post on the FreeNAS forums that specified creating a separate RC file for each app. Maybe some of them benefit from it more than stuff like the *arr family where you're just running an app and not really setting any other env variables and it was just for consistency. Still a good FYI for anyone else that tries to update to V3, or presumably to run it alongside V2 for whatever reason. Not sure why you'd want to but also don't see why you couldn't.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Even then, copying the RC script with a new name and then overriding the variable in config is still the canonical way to work.

Overriding username/paths/lock file/etc is pretty much what the system is designed to do.

In another note both v3 updates appeared in freebsd ports tree a while ago.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Could the version of the jail affect what I see in a pkg search? The instructions I found on r/sonarr said their steps had only been tested on TrueNAS 12.something and I'm still hanging out on FreeNAS 11.3 until TrueNAS has a few good releases all bugfixed and stable.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
How long does unpacking a download take for you guys? I've noticed that on my setup (Synology DS918+, SABNZBD docker container), the unpacking of a 30gb remux can take 20+ minutes, longer than the download itself. Is that normal?
By unpacking I'm referring to the entire verify, repair, unpack process.

ILikeVoltron
May 17, 2003

I <3 spyderbyte!

Incessant Excess posted:

How long does unpacking a download take for you guys? I've noticed that on my setup (Synology DS918+, SABNZBD docker container), the unpacking of a 30gb remux can take 20+ minutes, longer than the download itself. Is that normal?
By unpacking I'm referring to the entire verify, repair, unpack process.

Intel Celeron J3455 Quad-core 1.5 GHz, yeah that's going to be pretty slow to unpack. Downloading only needs to do a yenc -> binary data conversion if there's no par used on a single file. If you have to par the file, then it's going to be whatever software raid par2 uses (XOR's plus uhh, some other stuff) so slow to read all the data it needs to then turn it into a rar file. Personally I run a xeon 10 core processor for my usenet downloader and put the unfinished downloads on a M2 4 channel NVME ssd. Then after unpacking its moved to the spinning disk zfs hosted filesystem. This way I get to use the NVME for the processing and read/write heavy parts but not for the long term storage. Put simply, yes UNRAR is going to be more CPU expensive than YENC (by a long shot), and this is also the 3rd time you're writting this to disk, so it's going to be a memory heavy process as well, which is why I have 128 gigs of ram in that system.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

ILikeVoltron posted:

Intel Celeron J3455 Quad-core 1.5 GHz, yeah that's going to be pretty slow to unpack. Downloading only needs to do a yenc -> binary data conversion if there's no par used on a single file. If you have to par the file, then it's going to be whatever software raid par2 uses (XOR's plus uhh, some other stuff) so slow to read all the data it needs to then turn it into a rar file. Personally I run a xeon 10 core processor for my usenet downloader and put the unfinished downloads on a M2 4 channel NVME ssd. Then after unpacking its moved to the spinning disk zfs hosted filesystem. This way I get to use the NVME for the processing and read/write heavy parts but not for the long term storage. Put simply, yes UNRAR is going to be more CPU expensive than YENC (by a long shot), and this is also the 3rd time you're writting this to disk, so it's going to be a memory heavy process as well, which is why I have 128 gigs of ram in that system.

Well, at least it's normal. 128gb ram fuckin hell

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah I use an SSD for that portion too and nzbget starts the unpack as the files download which helps for the bigger sets.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Still better than Chia or whatever the gently caress it's called !

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

ILikeVoltron posted:

Personally I run a xeon 10 core processor for my usenet downloader and put the unfinished downloads on a M2 4 channel NVME ssd. . , which is why I have 128 gigs of ram in that system.

This may be fun but isn't required for a nice downloading experience. I've got an 8 core older xeon, SATA SSD and 32gb of ram doing downloading of all kinds, plex, VMs and many services and I'm happy.

You do you, but I didn't want people getting the impression 128gb was the minimum ram

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I can't imagine needing more than I have for many years, which is this old thing: https://www.cnet.com/products/hp-proliant-microserver-turion-ii-neo-n40l-1-5-ghz-monitor-none-series/

(except I have an old ssd and 8GB RAM)

linux base, docker hosting nzbget, sonarr, radarr, kodi headless, mariadb, deluge, and serving up files to multiple kodi client installs over SMB.

Unpacking is the weakest part but still only a minute or two for a big 4K film.

I don't do any on-the-fly encoding, though, with plex etc. I prefer kodi just reading the files directly. I guess that would need something beefier.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

I need to transition my Sonarr/Radarr/NZBget setup to something other than the machine it's running on now, and I've also been getting sick of having to switch between the PS4 to watch Netflix/Prime/etc, and the OpenELEC RPi3 I've been using to play video. My big plan was to get a Roku device (ended up getting the Streaming Stick+), move the media drive to the Pi3, and set up Sonarr/Radar/NZBget and Plex Media Server on the Pi as well.

I got it set up, and... well, Plex can't handle transcoding, like at all. That shouldn't be much of a problem, except it seems to be transcoding just about any .mkv I try to watch. .mp4s are fine, and clearly not transcoding. If I disable transcoding on the server, it says that the mkv files aren't available for direct play on the Roku.

Is there One Weird Trick I'm missing to get these videos to play direct, or am I going to have to run PMS off something beefier? The Pi is connected via gigabit, bandwidth shouldn't be the issue. Everything's fine when it's not transcoding (htop is using more CPU than Plex) but totally pegged when it is.

edit: the video in question that made me realize this was not gonna work is 334MB/2.2Mbps, 720p H264 with 2ch AAC, in an MKV container. So not crazy by any stretch, and the Roku should be able play the video stream with zero problems.

more falafel please fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jun 30, 2021

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

You really can't transcode on a Pi 3 but it should be able to Direct Play most codecs. FLAC and some boutique ones give me trouble on my Roku TV but not AC3 or normal stuff.

My best guesses:
It's trying to convert needlessly because quality is throttled. Plex App->Settings->Video->Local Quality->Original
Subtitle formatting. Plex app->Settings->Video->Burn Subtitles->Only Image Formats could help.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

You really can't transcode on a Pi 3 but it should be able to Direct Play most codecs. FLAC and some boutique ones give me trouble on my Roku TV but not AC3 or normal stuff.

My best guesses:
It's trying to convert needlessly because quality is throttled. Plex App->Settings->Video->Local Quality->Original
Subtitle formatting. Plex app->Settings->Video->Burn Subtitles->Only Image Formats could help.

Oh dang, that did it, thanks!

Somehow I didn't bother looking in the client settings, I figured all of that would be server-side. I'm still new to Plex. I also set it to force direct play, so maybe now I can disable transcoding completely.

I think this means this setup will work for me, as long as I don't care about remote streaming (I mostly don't).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Sonarr is throwing some weird error status from nzbget. Both are installed on a synology and connect through a remote share to my ZFS tv/movie fileserver

The file status is that red disk thing and the status message, if you cannot see in the image, says

code:
Import failed: PAR Status: SUCCESS - Unpack Status: NONE - Move Status: SUCCESS - Script Status: NONE - Delete Status: NONE - Mark Status: NONE
The Mark status is the issue but I cannot figure out what NZBGet setting "Marks"

The file in question (and everything else with the red disk) I have checked and are present in the correct location in the tv/movie fileserver location.