Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Saxophone posted:

Yeah this absolutely rules.

They also just posted a thing about protecting the arts by retweeting that Blackmoor schmuck, so I assume at this point their target consumers are the right wing grift train for TTRPG community? Like, of you're trying to capitalize on the recent boom of TTRPGs boy loving howdy are you gonna be shocked to learn it wasn't because it got straighter, whiter, and less inclusive.

The part about him mocking gender identity is a bird caller for chud customers so they're definitely going to double down and post poo poo to call more of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

theironjef posted:

Banned is a strong word here. GenCon spoke out against them, and then when pressed said they don't have a booth and aren't running any events. Not that they can't, just that they don't.

They said they would deny them if they applied for a booth. I mean....is that not a ban?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

They said they would deny them if they applied for a booth. I mean....is that not a ban?

Oh, I guess I only saw the first two tweets then.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!
D&D historical titan Rob Kuntz tries to defend Ernie Gygax in a less than stellar way.

I could make a bingo card of right-wing catchphrases out of this one.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
with every day that this news cycle goes on we get closer and closer to someone rediscovering

(with apologies to Jennell Jaquays)

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

quote:

it's so 3rd wave feminist and I grew up with the first wavers whom I still admire.

How old is this guy? First Wave Feminism didn't make it past the 40's I thought.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Old mediocre white dude knows poo poo all about feminism, still considers himself an expert, film at 11.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

How old is this guy? First Wave Feminism didn't make it past the 40's I thought.

Yeah First Wave Feminism was literally the suffrage movement.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

theironjef posted:

Oh, I guess I only saw the first two tweets then.

They're probably technically not banned from attending. They've poo poo the bed, not their pants.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Admiral Joeslop posted:

They're probably technically not banned from attending. They've poo poo the bed, not their pants.

Eh, give it a week, tops.

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

Maxwell Lord posted:

Yeah First Wave Feminism was literally the suffrage movement.

It's recent enough that Kuntz could and probably would have grown up with a bunch of First Wave veterans as part of his parents-generation and grandparents-generation. However, he'd have come of age during in the middle of the Second Wave. Now the Second Wave is fraught and complicated and few people respect it unconditionally, but it's really not much of a thing to say you respect the First Wave. You'd have to be a hardcore misogynist to say otherwise.

gradenko_2000 posted:

with every day that this news cycle goes on we get closer and closer to someone rediscovering

(with apologies to Jennell Jaquays)

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

this rocks

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I love that this was drawn in '76 as a direct result of the Notes on Women & Magic article above.

tesseract
Aug 28, 2004

[...]

tesseract fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Feb 10, 2023

Warthur
May 2, 2004

Is it from Alarums & Excursions? Can't imagine Lee Gold would have let that horrible Dragon article go unanswered.

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

tesseract posted:

Well, tell us some more? Who made it? Was it published?

Warthur posted:

Is it from Alarums & Excursions? Can't imagine Lee Gold would have let that horrible Dragon article go unanswered.

Samuel Edward Konkin III in Alarums & Excursions #19, according to Jon Peterson.

There’s also a poem by one Kay Jones:

A verse for Len Lakofka, who’s earned the name of nerd,
For rules changes both chauvinist and patently absurd,
And Kask, the man who published it, why earn your way to fame,
By publicly insulting all the players of your game?

Qoey
Jun 2, 2014

LatwPIAT posted:

Samuel Edward Konkin III in Alarums & Excursions #19, according to Jon Peterson.

There’s also a poem by one Kay Jones:

A verse for Len Lakofka, who’s earned the name of nerd,
For rules changes both chauvinist and patently absurd,
And Kask, the man who published it, why earn your way to fame,
By publicly insulting all the players of your game?

Hell yeah, the combination of that art and that poem rules

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
https://twitter.com/BrainClouds/status/1409237987544780816?s=19

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Yeah, it's really just baffling at this point. They're doing their damndest to alienate anyone and everyone who could conceivably give a poo poo about who owns the TSR brand. Just actively trying to squander any possible goodwill towards anything they might release.

Digging a hole and climbing out of the hole and throwing a grenade in the hole and jumping on it, to own the libs.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/pangalactic/status/1409932379821576192

We've entered the "I was persecuted for being a nerd, so I used to daydream about doing a school shooting" part of TSR's online marketing campaign.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
:stare:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I never meant to hurt anyone
<37 CR/NLs>
Except everyone I went to school with

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Nu TSR keeps it up. I am shocked at the ability they have shown to top themselves in horribleness.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

My favorite thing about this phase is that no matter how lovely that apology is, it's still an apology so now he's gonna eat poo poo from all the chuds they've been singing to for the past few days. I bet he's already had one angry phone call from LaNasa.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Kai Tave posted:

We've entered the "I was persecuted for being a nerd, so I used to daydream about doing a school shooting" part of TSR's online marketing campaign.

I cannot imagine thinking this was a good idea to post.

E: Ernie’s screed, I mean

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Halloween Jack posted:

Digging a hole and climbing out of the hole and throwing a grenade in the hole and jumping on it, to own the libs.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

this is a masterclass on "poasting through it"

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

theironjef posted:

My favorite thing about this phase is that no matter how lovely that apology is, it's still an apology so now he's gonna eat poo poo from all the chuds they've been singing to for the past few days. I bet he's already had one angry phone call from LaNasa.

You know you've really got a good thing going when all the people going to bat for you are accounts like "Otaku Gatekeeper" and "gently caress Soyny Censorstation"

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Kai Tave posted:

You know you've really got a good thing going when all the people going to bat for you are accounts like "Otaku Gatekeeper" and "gently caress Soyny Censorstation"

"Trade Description Act" but for Twitter defenders.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Something about the phrasing surrounding "a Thompson 45 machine gun" caused me to smell that post.

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack
So, we're 100% sure this isn't a Brewster's Millions situation where Ernie can only inherit the Lost Dutchman's Gold if he makes the worst social media campaign possible for his business?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Feel bad for me because I grew up poor, but do make sure to support my company founded entirely under the notion that my dad was a successful business genius.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

theironjef posted:

that already happened when he tried the "ha ha i guess im sorry :rolleyes:)" post a couple days ago

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I can't believe this basically all happened over the course of like one weekend. This rise and descent is like a Tower of Terror ride, except it only went up 20' to begin with, and yet still rocketed downward 100'.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

That Old Tree posted:

I can't believe this basically all happened over the course of like one weekend. This rise and descent is like a Tower of Terror ride, except it only went up 20' to begin with, and yet still rocketed downward 100'.

What's funny is like, six days ago you have a smaller youtuber basically saying this was a complete sham:

quote:

These guys aren't going to be creating anything. Their schtick is to contact existing creators, and offer the opportunity to put the trademark on their already existing product for a premium. I've seen the IMs/ emails. They got nothing, and over the last few days they've managed to turn themselves into a dumpster fire. Attacking Luke Gygax, threatening FB groups with lawsuits that have TSR in their name, and more. Nothing more will be coming from this channel on them.

Isn't this literally how Donald Trump did business for years? Just take a product and put "TRUMP" on the front?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
True. But hard as it is to believe now, for most of that time he was not aggressively focused on eliciting the hatred of as many people as possible while cultivating a fandom among the scum of the earth.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Halloween Jack posted:

True. But hard as it is to believe now, for most of that time he was not aggressively focused on eliciting the hatred of as many people as possible while cultivating a fandom among the scum of the earth.

My first learning of DJT was learning about him through reading my friend's dad's old Bloom County comics and I dont know how accurate those were for depicting culture at large but Berkley at the least did not like mr Trump.

I know he used to pay money to get his name in and on poo poo, forever ruining things like Elon Musk

Edit: this is actually how I learned that the hollywood walk of fame is pay-to-play, and not a sign that you've made it like every single movie about becoming a successful actor would make you think

TheDiceMustRoll fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jun 30, 2021

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

My first learning of DJT was learning about him through reading my friend's dad's old Bloom County comics and I dont know how accurate those were for depicting culture at large but Berkley at the least did not like mr Trump.

"Eerily prescient," IMO

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Nessus posted:

"Eerily prescient," IMO
Berk is still doing comics btw. Of Bloom County! They're great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Kai Tave posted:

"Brainy-Acks"