Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I'm so glad I held off on doing most of the archipelago puzzles. Kazuha is a huuuuge boon to exploration.

Pro-tip: use his succ before opening a chest for easy collecting
https://i.imgur.com/r3STzjZ.mp4

Dramatika posted:

Does Kazuha do anything that's not covered by Sucrose or Venti? Style is neat but I don't want to blow guaranteed pity on someone who doesn't fill a roll I need filled. At this point I'm kinda holding out for Ganyu/Albedo re-runs, and maybe Yoimiya if she looks Ganyu level broken.

Albedo would be an amazing replacement into my Xiao/Zhong/Noelle/Venti team (would turn into Xiao/Zhong/Albedo/Jean), and Ganyu is busted enough to build around, and I just don't know if Kazuha is a solid improvement over Sucrose in Diluc/XQ/Sucrose/Bennett, or an improvement over Venti/Jean in my Xiao team

Nothing in particular sticks out as unique aside from the mid-air jump. Most of what he does is covered by the other two, but imo his controls are miles ahead of the other two. He just feels really good and fluid to play.

I'm in love with his E. The succ has a bigger AoE than it might seem and a really low cooldown. It's also nice that you can position it how you want rather than leaving it up to the game's aiming system.

I can't give a final verdict on combat yet, since I don't have enough ganoderma, but so far at level 70 he's pulling his weight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Boba Pearl posted:

I want ningquan and all the people who help me find materials

Did you get Klee? If not… pray they release another character with her passive, she’s the only Mondstadter with it.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
That reminds me of something I need to put on the next feedback submission. Change non point blank ultimates into targetable ultimates like how Fischl's Oz, Traveler's Meteor, Keqing's Stellar Restoraton, ect. The system is already in the game and being used.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Oh yeah, I guess a unique thing Kazuha can do: prove that plunge attacks are pretty great when you can do them on demand. (Xiao "I need energy to plunge" who?)

He's surprisingly good at mining because of this.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Is it worth going for Kazuha if I already have Jean and a C3 Sucrose?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

didn't really want kazuha and was close to soft pity but couldn't help myself, I did a 10 roll to try and finally pull razor and got him! plus c3 for rosaria. never punished, always lucky

that's all of the 4* acquired until the new anemo girl, pretty pleased

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I finally got myself Qiqi'd, I've wanted her for so long. I did want Kazuha too cuz he's a very good boy but thinking of a team comp for him is gibberish so hey happy solution.

Was looking for advice concerning my problem with swords though:

I like and use Jean and Bennett and XQ, the others not so much. Kaeya gets some use sometimes in abyss but thats it. So I was wondering what to do with Qiqi. I have a second Sac Sword that I could level up for Qiqi, or I could bring my current one to R4. Or I could give Qiqi the Skyward, and I was thinking about leveling up the Favonius Sword for Jean, because she is much more likely to actually stay on field and use the effect than anyone else. That actually sounds dumb typing it out, I think she's at 200% ER with an ER weapon so whatever. Maybe just give Qiqi the flute? It has ATK substat and that's what her heals scale with? That actually seems the best option, plus I pulled two this banner so it seems intended.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Kazuha is really fun and I can already tell once I finally get some actual numbers on him he's going to kick a lot of rear end.

I think anemo is probably my favorite element. Something about huge wind fields swirling elements and throwing numbers all over the place just makes me happy.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Kazuha sucks up Klee's bomblets. He is a perfect boy

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Kazuha will work better for single element teams as well, in theory. Since he's buffing elemental damage of the party for whatever he swirls. Just kinda throwing an idea at the wall, but he could be a great support for a mono-cryo Ganyu setup to further boost her crazy damage.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
Ughhhh here I go grinding Treasure Hoarder coins again. I would have had serious second thoughts about pulling for Kazuha if I'd checked to see what ascension mats he takes beforehand...

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Maybe I do try for Kazuha to rock monolemental Klee

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

AweStriker posted:

Maybe I do try for Kazuha to rock monolemental Klee

Klee, Benny, Sucrose, Kazuha, just all the wind and swirls and everything sucking up Klee's mines into a festival of explosions. :getin:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I noticed that Kazuha actually has EM as his ascension stat. I wonder if that gives him more overall potential compared with the Sucrose or Venti (though Venti is likely still the king with crowd control).

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Running an elctrocharged team with Mona has been a thing for awhile, it might actually be pretty good now since the EM and reaction buffs that hit. Her C2 is basically just free extra damage in that scenario.

This big Mona guide is a pretty good resource if you cared at all about trying other things with her.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pXlgCaYEpoizMIP9-QKlSkQbmRicWfrEoxb9USWD1Ro/edit

Ah, thanks. I've been using her "normally" as burst DPS in my Hu Tao team, but figure I should try to do as much with her as possible given the dupes.

Boba Pearl posted:

I want ningquan and all the people who help me find materials

This is the only reason I'd like Qiqi - I think she does this for Liyue plants.

I'll cross my fingers that she drops from the the standard pity that I'm about to hit. Probably going to get Mona C3 though, lol

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

It doesn't even have to be single element damage, because his passive can buff multiple elements at the same time. Granted it's a bit tricky.

Ugh, I'm in love with this hero. I expected to like him but not this much.

One thing I completely wrote off while theorycrafting was shatter damage, since I'd be losing Sucrose's EM share. Turns out, Kazuha is a decent shatter enabler himself due to the on demand plunge. Also him being melee means he can apply freeze himself in Chong's field. I'm only level 70 and hitting 7-8k shatters.

All I need is for Gorou to be a healer who can shield, then I'll be able to drop Diona and have the perfect boi team. He'll even keep the number of half-furries intact.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Ugh, Kazuha seems awesome in the trial but I already have Bennett at C6 and 20 pulls got me Razor C6 as well so I'm really leery of just flooding myself with more of them and 0 Rosarias on the way to what will probably be Diluc C2.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Ytlaya posted:

This is the only reason I'd like Qiqi - I think she does this for Liyue plants.

Yanfei does this too

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Yanfei being another Liyue Resource radar is really nice so you don't have to pray for a 5* for that quality of life.

Now if only they'd put the same for Mondstadt on a 4* unit. If you don't have Klee then well too bad.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Some Numbers posted:

Yanfei does this too

Ah; unfortunately I do not have Yanfei, but at least that's an easier option next time she shows on up a banner.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
A lot of people are going to roll for Sayu because she's real big Qol for traveling. Her rolling attack can't be knocked out of, it's fast, and her passive prevents crystal butterflies from flying away

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Tae posted:

A lot of people are going to roll for Sayu because she's real big Qol for traveling. Her rolling attack can't be knocked out of, it's fast, and her passive prevents crystal butterflies from flying away

I was going to pull for her anyway because small child with a claymore is hilarious, but drat that crystalfly passive is just amazingly handy.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Tae posted:

Wait, what? That's amazing!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Pshh, if they start to fly away, just jump 15 feet in the air :smug:

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

TBH none of the Mondstadt specialties seem like they're enough of an issue to make Klee's radar a huge selling point. Lampgrass, Wolfhook, and Cecilias are all fairly localized, finding Anemoshrooms isn't the problem, Dandelions are pretty scattered but you can always hit up the front gates of the city for a quick half dozen or so, and Valberries come four to a plant so you don't have to track down that many spots to make significant progress. Maybe if you've been neglecting one of the last two for a long time and need to collect a bunch in a hurry, but otherwise, :shrug:

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
L60 Kazuha alone, with no other character, is far a better damage dealer than everyone else in my party and that's hilarious because he's 20 levels under them with mismatched artifacts and less talent tevels. Also the anemo particle generation is insane, not sure if that's Kazuha or just the way anemo works because I haven't been using anemo until now. When I'm actively switching and using Kazuhua properly as a support there is a non-stop damage explosion festival. Just mashing Q constantly in my all support team.

Mind you, I'm nowhere near those higher abyss floors. I'm just struggling with basic stuff that someone who started playing 2 months ago would struggle with. I'm so used to dredging along with Fischl + Bennett. Every problem I encounter Fischl + Bennett has been the solution and I've just made it work even when it really doesn't. Anemo solves so many problems I have had.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

speaking of anemoshrooms, kazuha's jump would be really handy for those...

his trial was pretty fun too. actually kinda tempted now

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Since people are asking about rolling for kazuha or not, here's a short summary of who's upcoming:

Known date:

Cameo in latest story:
Sara: https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact_Leaks/comments/nzmnyp/sara_in_inazuma_credit_to_anonsbelle/
Shogun: https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact_Leaks/comments/o0lebv/shogun_electropolearm/

Future females beyond next patch:
Yae Miko: https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact_Leaks/comments/o77yld/yae_render/
Kokomi:
Yunjin:

Future Males:
Tohma:
Gorou:

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
you only need kaeya or lisa to collect crystal flies

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
How does Kaeya or Lisa help with crystal flies?

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

kater posted:

I finally got myself Qiqi'd, I've wanted her for so long. I did want Kazuha too cuz he's a very good boy but thinking of a team comp for him is gibberish so hey happy solution.

Was looking for advice concerning my problem with swords though:

For Qiqi, there are 2 actually pretty decent support builds you can use. 4 piece Millelith which works better with Sacrificial Sword, and 4 Piece Noblesse which works better with Favonius Sword. Both are pretty mediocre at low weapon refinement, but both improve a decent amount with every refinement of their weapons (Sac 5 gives her effectively 100% uptime, and Fav 5 lets her fund her own ult comfortably).

If you're, like, a HUGE Qiqi fan I'd refine the Sac Sword and try to find a way to get it off XQ. If you're a moderate Qiqi fan I'd use Favonius instead. If you're a weird Qiqi fan, Flute + Blizzard Strayer DPS Qiqi is a thing people do? Apparently?

Other than that, Flute should 100% be refined as high as possible since you have 2 other decent DPS swords. If you use Kaeya more than Traveler you should pass it to him, too. Skyward and Festering can stay on Jean and Benny, though you might want to swap them since Skyward's high base attack is better for Benny's burst. Or not. The difference is pretty small.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Boba Pearl posted:

How does Kaeya or Lisa help with crystal flies?

they're faster and taller so the flies are easier to grab

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:chillout:

https://i.imgur.com/HYAAoFx.mp4

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

What I wanted out of this banner: Kazuha and Rosaria

What I got on my first 10 pull: Kazuha and Rosaria

Good game, 10/10, thank you Mihoyo

ANIME

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

:negative: My event banner pity got me a Keqing C4

I hope Kazuha is mediocre

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

So the latest dev notes say that in the next patch we're going to be able to pick which zone we want our daily commissions in. Which commissions you get will still be randomized, but this should help a little bit with getting those rare achievements. I can only hope that they're going to quietly tweak the rng they use so that the namecard locked ones come up more often.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

between this and the artifact exchange it just seems like they don't want to make anything resembling an actual fix to these problems

yeah let me pick between Mond and Liyue so i can get spammed with my choice of Pigeons Go AWOL or Unseen Razor

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The region selection is mostly for having inazuma-only quests so people don't have to cursor back between continents.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Hexel posted:

:negative: My event banner pity got me a Keqing C4

I hope Kazuha is mediocre

Kazuha's fun and strong but I don't think he's game-changing. I don't think he's, like, Zhongli-level uniquely good, for example. Most of what he can do for a team, Sucrose can do, too. Kazuha does it in a fun, stylish way, but if you don't end up getting him, it's not a huge setback, either.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Deciding whether to trigger 50/50 for Kazuha is so hard. He's literally sucrose but he is a big boost in exactly the right comps (Beidou, some kinds of freeze, single element). He's neat and unique in terms of playstyle but he doesnt enable anything new. Havent had this hard a decision in this game ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I ended up blowing a guaranteed pity on Kazuha and he's fun enough that I don't regret it, though maybe if Ayaka is completely insane or they do a Ganyu rerun sooner than I expect I'll come to regret my choice. My first 10-pull on this banner was a 50/50 and I got Jean (still cool, I didn't have her yet), but I kept rolling and blew all my saved wishes anyway :v:

Probably worth it in the long run because it also got me C4 Bennett (was C0 before), and I went from not having Razor or Rosaria to having C4 Razor and C2 Rosaria.