Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

Nice to see England double their goal total in the whole Euros so far! It's coming home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

God intervened twice, once with that ball going through the keepers legs and once with muller missing

God bless sterling

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Oh it's coming home too

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

All roads lead to home

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
I havent slept for more than an hour continuously the last few nights because of this loving heatwave and i watched that entire match half delirious

Did we actually beat germany

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Eau de MacGowan posted:

I havent slept for more than an hour continuously the last few nights because of this loving heatwave and i watched that entire match half delirious

also switzerland came from 3-1 down to beat france

:mcrappe::mcrappe::mcrappe:

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Eau de MacGowan posted:

We beat a very awful german team while trying to look as bad as possible

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Spuckuk posted:

We beat a very awful german team while trying to look as bad as possible

:lol: gently caress off

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Germany didn't look great but we by no means looked bad. Say what you like about England but we've not conceded a goal so far, finished top of our group and just beat Germany 2-0. What I'm saying is that Southgate's actually a genius, Kane is the finest striker ever to have lived, Harry Maguire's head is perfect and it's loving COOOOMING HOOOOOOOOME

E: I echo the above post

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

actually england would have won 6-0 if only they'd played keeganball

imagine just controlling a game and taking your chances instead of picking garth crooks' team of the week and all having a foot race into the opposition box

nines
Aug 13, 2007
It's coming home

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

FullLeatherJacket posted:

imagine just controlling a game and taking your chances instead of picking garth crooks' team of the week and all having a foot race into the opposition box

A manager taking his experience and failure from one tournament and applying it to the next one? Will never catch on.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
I know English commentators are absolutely AWFUL at pronouncing foreign names, but how the gently caress is anyone pronouncing Gnabry 'GUH-nabry'??? Surely he knows it's not pronounced like that just from like... hearing his name? He's even making it harder to say. Is it a deliberate thing where they're told to pronounce it how the stupidest possible fan would or something? I always just assumed some of them were thick as gently caress but that's a step beyond.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Jakabite posted:

I know English commentators are absolutely AWFUL at pronouncing foreign names, but how the gently caress is anyone pronouncing Gnabry 'GUH-nabry'??? Surely he knows it's not pronounced like that just from like... hearing his name? He's even making it harder to say. Is it a deliberate thing where they're told to pronounce it how the stupidest possible fan would or something? I always just assumed some of them were thick as gently caress but that's a step beyond.

i heard one of them say that before the tournament they were all briefed on how to pronounce names by representatives of each team, so lol

I think with Gnabry it's probably just that he played in England for quite a while and they all got used to saying his name that way and now it's weird for them to change it

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

FullLeatherJacket posted:

I mean, yeah sure, but that was 70 loving dire minutes of poo poo, too. It wouldn't have harmed anything to have even Henderson instead of Rice for a little more forward adventure in midfield. Absolutely delighted we won, but there was a hole the size of Anglesey in the midfield creating a black hole where some creative talent should have been, with both sides.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Jakabite posted:

They get pronunciation sheets supplied by each FA facilitated by UEFA, which is why Tyldsley, who has been commentating on Glenn Kamara all season, started to suddenly call him Glenn Camera. UEFA publish a simplified version of them on their website.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
having looked it up it does seem like you're meant to pronounce the G in Gnabry so idk what the OP thinks it should sound like

Arsenal winger Serge Gnabry has told fans how to pronounce his tricky name.

A fan asked in a Q&A about his surname.

He answered: "In Germany it's GER-NAB-REE - you do pronounce the G!"

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

nines posted:

It's coming home

:hmmyes:

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Yours is a top username

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Jakabite posted:

That's actually how they say it in Germany

crappy old Arsenal fansite posted:

Arsenal winger Serge Gnabry has told fans how to pronounce his tricky name.

A fan asked in a Q&A about his surname.

He answered: "In Germany it's GER-NAB-REE - you do pronounce the G!"

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Tortuga posted:

That's actually how they say it in Germany

guh-many

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Fair enough.

I'll listen to this while sleeping tonight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9SunFMn1FM

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
https://youtu.be/acOiB13dK-I

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
https://twitter.com/SeanMcCarthyCom/status/1409949257520631809

Boris :allears:

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Don't give that jizzmopped oval office any credit for Southgate's achievements

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Well poo poo, I eat all of my words. You learn something new every day.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

gently caress off BoJo

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

I mean, yeah sure, but that was 70 loving dire minutes of poo poo, too. It wouldn't have harmed anything to have even Henderson instead of Rice for a little more forward adventure in midfield. Absolutely delighted we won, but there was a hole the size of Anglesey in the midfield creating a black hole where some creative talent should have been, with both sides.

I won’t pretend it wasn’t dull, but Germany have good ball-playing midfielders. If it seemed like they left a gaping hole in the middle it’s because Rice and Phillips were doing their job well.

If you accept that the best creative option England realistically have there is Jordan Henderson, then instead sending in two game-wreckers to just remove that area of the pitch for both teams is pretty tactically sound.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Jakabite posted:

Jakabite posted:

Well poo poo, I eat all of my words. You learn something new every day.

This reminds me of that american guy freaking out over how those dumb english fans people were pronouncing "jose" only to find out that it's pronounced differently in spanish and portuguese and they were correct.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

It’s time

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

CyberPingu posted:

Lol england would get absolutely destroyed by both of those teams.

LOL suck my dick you gently caress man it’s coming home

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Still part of the nation represented by Lord Gareth, Sir 'Arry and our Brave Brave Boys? Sounds like a win to me!

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

britishbornandbread posted:

LOL suck my dick you gently caress man it’s coming home

I graciously admit I was very very wrong.

Also gently caress Harry Kane.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I’m in a Facebook group with Declan Rice (he collects supreme and stuff) and he came on to thank everyone for the support. What a boy :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Starting to believe it might actually come home :ohdear:

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
I still have not slept but ive had six pints and ive watched harry kane chin it into neuers net at least twenty times and mathmatically i can say its comin home

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Coming home status: it's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

It's coming home