Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Pussy Quipped posted:

The only thing I could think about watching Ep. 3 was that these guards/mooks must be getting paid millions of spacebucks and/or are brainwashed because why the gently caress would you bother fighting these two random people when a literal planet is crashing into you and debris/meteors are annihilating everything around you.

Looks like deluded police that will do anything to protect the rich. I mean, there's even one of them that falls on his knees when the arc blows up, as all hope is lost, so I wouldn't be surprised they were promised they would come back for them.

Just as they had promised everyone else would hop on the ark, but nope, it was a rich-only ship.

Desperado Bones fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jun 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Families in the ark.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Bar Ran Dun posted:

Families in the ark.

That sounds plausible as well.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Bar Ran Dun posted:

Families in the ark.

Lol. I bet the cop's family would've ended up maids and servants of they ever made it out

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I really enjoy how the Disney + mcu shows are making people write diatribes about how much they hate normal things like TV shows delivered in weekly episodic formats, or 30 second next week previews

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I really enjoy how the Disney + mcu shows are making people write diatribes about how much they hate normal things like TV shows delivered in weekly episodic formats, or 30 second next week previews
For the record I didn't write a diatribe! "Next week" previews make sense, seeing it called a "mid season trailer" in a 6 episode season is what's weird to me.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Thundercracker posted:

Lol. I bet the cop's family would've ended up maids and servants of they ever made it out

My wife and I thought what scenario if that were us as the cops would we have not just gone to a bar to wait for the end. Kids on the ark was the only one.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I mean this should have been Sylvie's plan all along.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
There is a post-credits scene that you probably won't want to miss ( I nearly did )

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
Holy crap.

Did NOT expect (waves arms) everything

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
lol what the gently caress

alligator loki lmao

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Yeah holy poo poo. Goons are the best at making 100% wrong predictions. But honestly I kind of wish they would have let Loki actually be dead for more than 5min. Give Sylvie some space to finish out the series and interact with Thor & the Guardians or whoever and bring him back later. No way that would happen obviously, but I was both amused and disappointed by that credits scene.

Inspector 34 fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Jun 30, 2021

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Firebert posted:

lol what the gently caress

alligator loki lmao

original costume loki :swoon:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
gently caress YES Richard E Grant is playing another Loki. perfect

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

How is it not next week already OMG

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
KID LOKI! OG COSTUME LOKI AHHHHH gently caress YEAH

This episode ruled, and whoever said this is Doctor Who if Doctor Who was about The Master is spot on and, I am all loving for it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

This episode ruled, and whoever said this is Doctor Who if Doctor Who was about The Master is spot on and, I am all loving for it.

Let Disney buy the rights to Doctor Who and just do this sort of poo poo forever.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
This isn’t even Richard E Grant’s first foray into completely mucking up the timeline.

Then again, he does have form for portraying variants too. :haw:

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Show good.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
If what happens when you get pruned is you go to a battle world of your alternate selves I wanna see Mobius riding Jetskis with like 100 other Mobius’s.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Inspector 34 posted:

Yeah holy poo poo. Goons are the best at making 100% wrong predictions.

you can't see the face I'm making but it is horrendous

Lunatic Sledge posted:

If anyone is going to fall in love with a variant of themselves I feel like it'd be Loki

also this episode kind of made me want to see a full team of Lokis, maybe for Loki season 2

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
You know the ones I was talking about.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Lmao they hired Richard E. Grant as Loki and then made him wear that

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
I feel like god drat goon Nostradamus, don't take this moment from me

e: so if Loki's still alive, Owen Wilson's gotta still be alive right

Lunatic Sledge fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Jun 30, 2021

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Hell of a cliffhanger I tell you what.

Hopefully this means we get to see Owen Wilson ride his jetski at some point

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Lum_ posted:

Holy crap.

Did NOT expect (waves arms) everything

Yeah, last week might not have had a whole lot happen in terms of the storyline, but this week was just non-stop poo poo hitting the fan and I presume the next two episodes are all gonna be pretty balls to the wall in that regard too. I do wonder who the last Loki variant is though. We have Kid Loki, Old/Original Loki, Alligator Loki and...Thor Loki? God of Thunder Loki? His Mjolnir seems to be fashioned from a wrench and girder too. Which is pretty cool. I presume he fashioned a new non-powered Mjolnir from the material in the apocalypses around him after his own was taken by the TVA before he was pruned. Maybe all have different powers too, since "our" Loki can do magic, Sylvie does enchantments and Strong Loki is probably super strong at the very least.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Sif's anger over Loki cutting her hair is pulled from one of the myths; though Loki took all her blonde hair in the original story and Thor was the one angry at Loki because he loved his wife's hair, from what little of it I recall. Still, Sif never relenting on "you'll always be alone". Ouch.

Also, one thing I thought was interesting this episode was Sylvie implying that variant timelines can exist benignly until some event that's sufficiently different sets the TVA off. Which makes sense with all these Lokis, but if someone going to the wrong shop can be a nexus event you'd have to wonder what the criteria are.

tsob fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Jun 30, 2021

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
An army of Owen Wilsons from a jetski-based society arrives thru vaporwave colored time portals

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

tsob posted:

if someone going to the wrong shop can be a nexus event you'd have to wonder what the criteria are.

I mean we've already said that it's all Time Calvinball. Maybe right before the TVA came for her little girl Sylvie turned into a snake but didn't stab Thor because she loved her brother and did it because she knew he liked snakes. Maybe little girl Sylvie is supposed to be 8 in that scene even though Cailey Fleming (the actress playing her) is 14.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Owen Wilson is so loving good

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

LesterGroans posted:

Owen Wilson is so loving good

Wumni Mosaku was pretty amazing this episode too. If there's one character I did not expect to find sympathetic in this show it's Hunter B-15, since she seemed to enjoy being a thug but drat did she sell it hard this week. She looked like she was on the verge of an anxiety attack pacing in the hallway, and I thought after she lit her baton she was gonna go in and prune Sylvie to get the bad poo poo out of her head. Her "I looked happy" as she stands there in the rain was loving painful.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

tsob posted:

Wumni Mosaku was pretty amazing this episode too. If there's one character I did not expect to find sympathetic in this show it's Hunter B-15, since she seemed to enjoy being a thug but drat did she sell it hard this week. She looked like she was on the verge of an anxiety attack pacing in the hallway, and I thought after she lit her baton she was gonna go in and prune Sylvie to get the bad poo poo out of her head. Her "I looked happy" as she stands there in the rain was loving painful.

Yeah, I got really excited when Sylvie hosed with Wumni Mosaku, because she rules and I assumed they'd give her more to do, but her being on the "right" side by the end of it is a nice surprise.

I'm also glad we finally got a lot more from Gugu Mbatha-Raw, because she's also fantastic.

But overall... Owen Wilson is so loving good.

Nition
Feb 25, 2006

You really want to know?
This is actually the second time that a couple of variants, whose lives had gone off track, have met the timekeepers:

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Nition posted:

This is actually the second time that a couple of variants, whose lives had gone off track, have met the timekeepers:

Oh yeah, that was deliberate. Sure, Marvel Doctor Who is a big part of Loki, but they couldn't not reference Bill and Ted.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

This episode was fantastic. I dipped to "oh great job ruining the show!" when they pruned Mobius then climbed back up to satisfied when they pruned Loki since it'd mean Mobius is still alive. It really makes the last episode stand out even more as being weird. I'd probably have been much more forgiving if the 6 minutes after this episode's title were instead at the end of the last episode. It would've been a much nicer cap to the episode over all (you could even cut it before the TVA sees the spike,) we would've had a little bit of the TVA and Mobius, and the really ridiculous chatter about Loki x Sylvie would've been really fun to :allears: at! But hey, we get that last part now, yeah? :allears:

I was going to make a gif to prove a point but I don't think I really have to. Instead I'll just mention that the only bad part of the episode was all the loving cutting being done in the fight scene. Real "Taken jumping over the fence in 7 cuts" vibes were felt there.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Loki has gone too far https://twitter.com/punished_stu/status/1410087743728848897?s=19

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
One really nice attention to detail is how the "Time Keepers" looked like poo poo. Very sub-Mandalorian quality CG work but then it turns out that they are fake.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Hell yeah I am in for this, I'm happy my prediction about someone being enchanted was wrong because it would not have paved the way for these reveals

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Goddamn that after credit scene.

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

live with fruit posted:

One really nice attention to detail is how the "Time Keepers" looked like poo poo. Very sub-Mandalorian quality CG work but then it turns out that they are fake.

I like that the Time Keepers were animatronic puppets in the same vein as those found in a Disney ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

I am here for Into the Lokiverse