Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

love getting 9.5% of what i asked and being fine with it then decidedly saying i wont ask for the additional 90% i needed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Nichael posted:

Apparently, some studies now say that large swathes of the south-east United States will be literally uninhabitable during summers within the next 15 years. I'm sure a few Tesla chargers will help.

that's true, there's no stopping what's coming but I still hate them even if a billion dollars for EVs won't really do much.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

docbeard posted:

Not gonna lie, Quantum Leap Except A Dog would have been extremely my poo poo when I was 10.

poo poo I'd watch that now

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I feel like there's an op-ed somewhere in the "as far left as they come" discourse in that actual ideology is completely divorced from American political identity in favor of brand loyalty, but that doesn't mean that centrists don't have an ideology, because they clearly do, it's just not related to how "far left" a person is in their eyes, so what is their ideology (it's meritocracy and, ironically, conservatism in that they never want to change things)

I just don't know if I want to devote time and energy to writing 2000 words about this only to not get it published anywhere

also Ytlaya is correct as usual in that brand loyalty is itself an ideology, just not so much a political one, because it has no effect on what they think the role of government is or what the world's problems are or how we should respond to them or what an ideal society should look like

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Raskolnikov38 posted:

ranger was one of the dogs that took a space a human could have used on a titanic lifeboat

good

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

docbeard posted:

Not gonna lie, Quantum Leap Except A Dog would have been extremely my poo poo when I was 10.

this is sort of what Wishbone was except he could only travel to public-domain fictional timelines

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I choose to believe that Ranger the time traveling dog is popping into and out of the white house and biting people in joe biden's orbit

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Ranger killed Epstein

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

loquacius posted:

I feel like there's an op-ed somewhere in the "as far left as they come" discourse in that actual ideology is completely divorced from American political identity in favor of brand loyalty, but that doesn't mean that centrists don't have an ideology, because they clearly do, it's just not related to how "far left" a person is in their eyes, so what is their ideology (it's meritocracy and, ironically, conservatism in that they never want to change things)

I just don't know if I want to devote time and energy to writing 2000 words about this only to not get it published anywhere

also Ytlaya is correct as usual in that brand loyalty is itself an ideology, just not so much a political one, because it has no effect on what they think the role of government is or what the world's problems are or how we should respond to them or what an ideal society should look like

a paradox of liberalism is how profoundly illiberal it is in practice

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

spacemang_spliff posted:

Ranger killed Epstein

i read that one and technically ranger only disabled the cameras

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/2RawTooReal/status/1409987924192550914

Jim Clyburn isn't from Ohio :confused:

why do the Hive think this is such a game-changer, he doesn't have superpowers

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Lib and let die posted:

I choose to believe that Ranger the time traveling dog is popping into and out of the white house and biting people in joe biden's orbit

Ranger faked Champ's death and now they're time travelling dog buddies

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

I can't believe you people are mad about getting $15 billion for electric vehicles. That is $15 billion more than before. Would donald trump have set aside $15 billion for electric vehicles

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

bedpan posted:

it's profoundly anti-democratic too, because they don't view voting as an expression of the people's will, they view it as an act of submission to one's betters (or a shameful failure of responsibility if you don't do it the way they want you to)

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Joementum posted:

same author has a chapter book for kids series about a time traveling golden retriever and, yes, that is "Escape from the Twin Towers" at the bottom center

I'm betting the artist was trying to make him look serious in all those covers, but just made him look angry/evil.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

spacemang_spliff posted:

Ranger killed Epstein

Ranger IS Epstein

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Which of Clyburn's nephews is getting consulting checks from the Brown campaign?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

mcmagic posted:

Which of Clyburn's nephews is getting consulting checks from the Brown campaign?

it's both more and less straightforward than that

https://twitter.com/davidsirota/status/1410054053329924100

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I can't really blame the Hive for going all-in on the "get rescued at the last second by learned party elders swooping in to save the day" model though, it worked like a charm for them in 2020

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
libs watching The Wire

"IDK Clay Davis seems like a good honest guy"

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I really don't think this is about M4A. Clyburn knows there is no chance M4A is happening in his lifetime. It's probably a much more direct grift.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

spacemang_spliff posted:

Ranger killed Epstein

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://twitter.com/TheAtlantic/status/1410005422648463361?s=20

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

for real

e: drat you edited too quick

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

my shitpost was right omg

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

bedpan posted:

it's a p obvious consequence of libs having to pretend that everybody has inalianable human rights and are all created equal while also fanatically supporting capitalism, as the only easy way out of this is to exclude certain groups of people from the category of human

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

dog knew what he signed up for

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

loquacius posted:

I can't really blame the Hive for going all-in on the "get rescued at the last second by learned party elders swooping in to save the day" model though, it worked like a charm for them in 2020

I can't imagine that the voters of an Ohio congressional district give a poo poo about what Jim Clyburn thinks, right?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
i regret to inform everyone that Ranger is homophobic and was the time traveler who edited Joy Ann Reid's blog :smith:

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

tehres an episode of the newsroom where a sexy broad goes home with jeff newsroom and shes like "listen up jack im as far left as they come, i campaigned for hillary in 2008, but yo u are dead wrong on gun control mister. if a guy tries to rape me *pulls out gun* this is whats gonna happen" and then jeff newsroom is like "actually this is whats gonna happen you dumb BITCH" and quickly disarms her, pointing the gun right in her face. then shes like "wow my pussy is so wet right now".

and that is the single mos tbelievable male-female interaction in all of aaron sorkin.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
they already did Time Displaced Dog his name is Wishbone and he was way cuter than lovely Ranger

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The Nastier Nate posted:

I can't imagine that the voters of an Ohio congressional district give a poo poo about what Jim Clyburn thinks, right?

absolutely not, but Jim Clyburn is the KHive's magical black friend who's going to solve all their problems for them

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

lobster shirt posted:

tehres an episode of the newsroom where a sexy broad goes home with jeff newsroom and shes like "listen up jack im as far left as they come, i campaigned for hillary in 2008, but yo u are dead wrong on gun control mister. if a guy tries to rape me *pulls out gun* this is whats gonna happen" and then jeff newsroom is like "actually this is whats gonna happen you dumb BITCH" and quickly disarms her, pointing the gun right in her face. then shes like "wow my pussy is so wet right now".

and that is the single mos tbelievable male-female interaction in all of aaron sorkin.

bold of Sorkin to let Chris Muir guest-write an episode

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

The Nastier Nate posted:

Now that the designated black statesman has spoken, the Ohio cells will be activated and go to the polls to Vote Like Black Women, putting whoever isn't nina over the top.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Asproigerosis posted:

I think the point is who the gently caress knows what they did to these machines so they gotta just throw them out and get new ones just to be safe. Nothing to do with proof of concept tampering when they could have just used one machine not in active service and not all the units the county uses in an incredibly suspicious benny hill scheme. The entire process of unilateral partisan strong arming for the gop to have a random unqualified company given unlimited access to ballots and gear with 0 oversight is really loving bad. Thankfully democrat party fights hard for us every day.
maybe having completely untrustworthy machines as soon as it is briefly touched by potentially untrustworthy actors is reason enough to ditch the concept of vote counting machines altogether

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lobster shirt posted:

my favorite part of newsroom was when they would have an episode about smething that happened 6-8 prior and jeff newsroom would have a big long rant about it

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

loquacius posted:

bold of Sorkin to let Chris Muir guest-write an episode

a day by day live action show would be hte most interesting thing on tv

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
lol that they had a bunch of like elementary school children try to break into voting machines and one of them did it in like 3 minutes

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

god lmao

why did anyone ever vote for any of these people

this is exactly what he was advertising from the get-go

he was the one guy on the stage in the debate saying "Whoa now, whoa now, we gotta be more like the conservatives!" and democrats still thought voting for this guy would be different and better than Trump Term 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

spacemang_spliff posted:

my favorite part of newsroom was when they would have an episode about smething that happened 6-8 prior and jeff newsroom would have a big long rant about it

The best part was by far when they clap for the pilots on the plane to thank them for killing Bin Laden.