Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Come on, you were around in the nineties, unnecessary extra letters and using a Z for plurality was awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Genericide posted:

Why was Badd Blood called Badd Blood and not Bad Blood?

It's easier to trademark something with a unique spelling.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Speaking of Badd...

Whoever thought fishnet and wrestling went well together should be strapped to a chair and forced to watch Giant Gonzalez matches for the rest of their lives.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Genericide posted:

You know it used to be Madd Love.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Genericide posted:

More d’s = badder

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The extra D is for drat that’s some really Badd Blood

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

anakha posted:

Speaking of Badd...

Whoever thought fishnet and wrestling went well together should be strapped to a chair and forced to watch Giant Gonzalez matches for the rest of their lives.
For all his faults, I thought Brutus Beefcake pulled off the look very well

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

anakha posted:

Speaking of Badd...

The extra "D" there might have had to do with the fact that they weren't the only "Bad Company" tag team in wrestling at the time ...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
"Johnny, don't be badd. Johnny B. Gay!" - Brian Pillman, 1991.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

anakha posted:

Speaking of Badd...

They go together really well because it makes rubbing against the mat much less unpleasant!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

anakha posted:

Speaking of Badd...

Why would you punish for something objectively good? Fishnets in all areas of life should be celebrated.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

bartok posted:

Not too familiar with Orange Cassidy before AEW but did his gimmick start off as Paul Rudd's character from Wet Hot American Summer as a pro wrestler?

Originally the OC gimmick was that he was hungover all the time and barely functional because of it, and over time it morphed to him being either incredibly lazy/unwilling to do anything or a trickster god who frustrated people into making mistakes.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

anakha posted:

Speaking of Badd...

this post is super bad

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

mactheknife posted:

this post is super bad

don't emptyquote and also don't sign your posts

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Come on, you were around in the nineties, unnecessary extra letters and using a Z for plurality was awesome.

never forget that the complete name of the PPV where the Screwjob happened was Survivor Series: Gang Rulz

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
What is the story with Sam Houston? Why didn't he amount to anything?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Quinntan posted:

What is the story with Sam Houston? Why didn't he amount to anything?

He was Kendall Windham skinny, really liked to drink, and then went to the WWF where they made him a jobber.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

I don't know, this is a pretty eXxXtR33m opinion to have.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

anakha posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Davros1 posted:

He was Kendall Windham skinny, really liked to drink, and then went to the WWF where they made him a jobber.

Dusty also allegedly didn't like that he dated Baby Doll.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
What are the most King's Road Style matches WWF/WWE has ever promoted?

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Davros1 posted:

and then went to the WWF where they made him a jobber.

Also applies to everyone post 2015 or whenever they lost their PPV bonus' because of the network and they told them to stfu and fired some of em (Punk?) for asking hey where our 9.99 MITB's

Hirez fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jun 30, 2021

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Kosmo Gallion posted:

What are the most King's Road Style matches WWF/WWE has ever promoted?
John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan at SummerSlam 2013, probably? It was worked very similarly to the Bryan-KENTA ROH Tile match from ~8 years earlier.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I thought King's Road was when you fight in the back of a moving hay truck?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
No, that's the Highway to Future Endeavors Style
As far as I remember they were both fired for blading during that match

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!
The HBK / Taker matches from the two Wrestlemania's certainly have some Kings Road sensibilities.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Why did WWF rehire Tenta only to put him under a hood as Golga? Was Vince still pissed that he left back in '94?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Why did WWF rehire Tenta only to put him under a hood as Golga? Was Vince still pissed that he left back in '94?

I chalk the Oddities up to Russo 100%

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Oh, I'm sure they were Russo, it just seems weird to specifically hire Tenta who probably wasn't cheap only to put him in a lovely mask and have him molest a stuffed Cartman for a few months.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I believe that they gave him the Golga gimmick because they needed him to mentor Kurrgan and Silva.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
How'd that turn out?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

How'd that turn out?

I mean Kurrgan is a movie star now, worked out for him!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

those guys would be hall of famers by now if icp had mentored them

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I was disappointed when I still had the Network and realized they cut their entire entrance from the '98 Summerslam. Not that I'm an ICP fan, it's just that those ten minutes were such a perfect example of what 1998 was like in general.

bartok
May 10, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I mean Kurrgan is a movie star now, worked out for him!

Saw him in a mediocre Canadian horror comedy last night called Vicious Fun instead of watching NXT.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

What I've always heard is that Tenta lost so much weight that Vince assumed no one would recognize him anyway so might as well make a new character.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

golga was rehired by jim ross of talent relations all on his own, owing that bold move to tenta's history with the company. for different reasons, neither vince knew it was earthquake to begin with. That's something a liar would say

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I feel like even as a kid, I knew Golga was Earthquake/Tenta. Was it ever referenced on commentary? I was on the internet and maybe still RSPW if it was still around then, so maybe I just knew it from that + other newz sites of the time but it didn't feel like a well-kept secret.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

jerry lawler had a bit where he kept saying "i don't know who brian christopher is but i think golga is earthquake" and jr was good at pretending it annoyed him or maybe it really did annoy him. another example of a big lie. if you'll excuse me i need to go have a "big lie" down so that i'll stop acting this way and avoid being banned on my fave site. Stay cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
And now they're both dead, so what have we learned?