Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system are you buying this shitheap on
PC
Playstation 4/5
whatever XBox is calling their poo poo now
WiiU
View Results

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
If you're not upgrading your gun tiers in zombies you are very much making things difficult for yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

pacerhimself posted:

If you're not upgrading your gun tiers in zombies you are very much making things difficult for yourself

:agreed:, it’s a good use of a double xp gun token too, you can really rake in the points.

The top end skins look pretty cool too! (I haven’t gotten any yet tho)

It’s fun with sniper rifles to see how many zombs you can get in a line with one shot too :haw:

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
It's really funny, the one absolutely undoubted success of BOCW is bringing people into the zombies mode. I think the cross progression in hindsight was a fantastic move.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Gordon Shumway posted:

Green salvage is 50 per pick up, blue salvage is higher quality and 10 per pick up. Green salvage is used to upgrade your gun to green (uncommon) and blue (rare) damage. Blue salvage upgrades it to purple (epic) and orange (legendary) damage. If you find an aether wrench, it will automatically jump your gun to the next damage tier.

Green salvage can also be used to get level 1 and level 2 armor (level 1 is sometimes dropped by dead zombies or in loot boxes though), and blue salvage upgrades to level 3 armor. Additionally, green salvage can get you lethal and tactical equipment, and blue salvage can get you killstreaks.

My favorite sniper is the Tundra, I just can't make the Pellington and M82 work for me and I haven't really played with the newer snipers. Busy working on leveling up the C58, that thing is ridiculously good once you throw extended fast mags on it.

Thanks for breaking all that down. It doesn't exactly explain what's what in that mode.

I pity the fool who just tries to wing it in the other zombie modes.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Firebase Z and Die Maschine are fun just to get huge stacks of kills but there is very little breathing room especially at higher waves. I like how on outbreak you can find spots for a breather!

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
FBZ and DM are death to my hands after about 30 rounds on controller. There really is no break.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Captain Log posted:

Thanks for breaking all that down. It doesn't exactly explain what's what in that mode.

I pity the fool who just tries to wing it in the other zombie modes.

It just realized I sounded weirdly passive aggressive by saying "it" instead of "the game."

Just wanted to clear that up by saying that snipe was directed at COD, not the very kind poster who broke everything down for an old like me.

Bungeyjump
Nov 9, 2003
Bungeyjumpingpeopledie

Captain Log posted:

It just realized I sounded weirdly passive aggressive by saying "it" instead of "the game."

Just wanted to clear that up by saying that snipe was directed at COD, not the very kind poster who broke everything down for an old like me.

I think your post was entirely clear! I think all the zombies maps in bocw are equally bad at explaining perks, upgrading weapon rarities and armor etc. The only bit you're really led to is fixing the pack a punch in die machine

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
It's really annoying that this game prioritizes sbmm over ping, anything over 50ms is unplayable.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Altared State posted:

It's really annoying that this game prioritizes sbmm over ping, anything over 50ms is unplayable.

I've always thought I'm on some sort of SBMM cusp between "Worse than a bot" and "seven year old who plays Minecraft." I always seem to be either a top scorer kill machine one match, then going 0.4 k/d in the next.

I've thought about trying Hardcore, just to see if I can stay alive more than five seconds at a time. I'm used to Battlefield Everything Kills You mechanics, but I think the land of turbo-scoping would be my Doom.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Hardcore kinda rules, it’s a fun change of pace and good for farming certain kills/medals. I think I pop it in every once in a while when I get a daily challenge for it.

On the other hand it seems like one shot one kills without attachments for the crossbow unlock don’t seem to count for hardcore unless I’ve missed something. :thunk:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

What's the SP like? Is there much of it?

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Feels a little disjointed but has some cool missions, ideas and storytelling. I liked it but then again I haven’t played a CoD since MW3 I think.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.

Zwille posted:

On the other hand it seems like one shot one kills without attachments for the crossbow unlock don’t seem to count for hardcore unless I’ve missed something. :thunk:

Worked for me. I used a stock gallo to get xbow and streetsweeper at the same time in HC.
You have to finish the match, in case you were leaving early.

Alternately you can use a double PaP m79 to kill 50 specials in zombies

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Nah, I never leave early unless something interrupts me. Weird, maybe I haven't quite played as much that way as I thought.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
Something just occurred to me, previous random things have not worked with non base game weapons [ie, gotta use gallo, not streetsweeper], so try that if you aren't.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Yeah, I found this out the hard way. Expansion weapons don't seem to work for these quests.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Captain Log posted:

Yeah, I found this out the hard way. Expansion weapons don't seem to work for these quests.

Weirdly I had kill 200 with a special weapon in zombies for an operator mission and using the nailgun worked fine!

But it is extremely hit or miss for a lot of these missions.

Right now I am doing a Wraith one kill enemies after parachuting and who knows how it measures that time frame, or if lobby kills in wz count etc.. at 3/5 now!

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Trying to unlock the streetsweeper. I've been playing an hour a week with friends and at first there was no chance of me unlocking it so I didn't try. Then recently the way to get it changed to some impossible task but now it's back to '15 matches where you do a 3-kills-in-a-row-without-dying streak using a shotgun'. I am SLOOWLY improving so now my KDR is positive and sometimes I can get up to 5 kills in a row, rarely. I only have scorestreaks up to 2000 because I can never get a higher number.

I'm using the hauer shotgun, not the gallo for this since the guides say to do so. I've unlocked almost everything on it. I'm at 9/15 for the streetsweeper unlock. I started playing solo matches to get it and just before the start of the new season I got like 3 or 4 more in one day and since then I've only got about 1 per day (I will play about 5-8 matches in a day).

It's almost impossible right now and my buddies say the streetsweeper is amazing. Any tips? Also I haven't spent any money on this game, I got it free with my video card. Is it worth spending any money on anything to make the game easier? IDK how that works.

I am sort of doing terribly right now because I tend to switch to shotgun and never switch away from it until I (rarely) get 3 kills in a row in a match. Last night I screamed 'dammit' about 5 times because I would be murdered by someone who I removed 98% of the life from and they killed me before I could shoot them a second time. Often that person would have been the 3rd person I killed, if I had killed them.

redreader fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jun 28, 2021

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Do you play zombies?

You can unlock it easily using the Hauer or Gallo in zombies.

PopZeus
Aug 11, 2010
I did it in hardcore 6v6 with the Gallo, you can spray that sucker everywhere and nab a few kills and the maps are so small you’re always in shotgun range

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Also Nuketown 24/7 exists to do those challenges. Just push to the house by the opposing spawns and you should get get it.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The CoD shotgun range is so hilariously low you practically have to press it into someone’s forehead (and even then getting point blank kills for other challenges can be a pain!)

Also do the 6v6 faceoffs because not getting killed by strafing runs every 10 seconds makes it easier.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

I think I got most of my shotgun triple kill streaks by camping near the stairs on the Hannover map with the tank garage. On hardpoint people will run out and down the stairs without looking. I mean hardpoint in general is probably pretty good if you’re camping an entrance.

DoubleAughtMeowMix
May 3, 2006

B33 < Meow what is so funny

priznat posted:

Right now I am doing a Wraith one kill enemies after parachuting and who knows how it measures that time frame, or if lobby kills in wz count etc.. at 3/5 now!

I haven't tried for the various 'ride in vehicle' missions, but the missions that want you to get kills after sky-diving? Go do that in Fireteam and be done lightning fast.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

DoubleAughtMeowMix posted:

I haven't tried for the various 'ride in vehicle' missions, but the missions that want you to get kills after sky-diving? Go do that in Fireteam and be done lightning fast.

Oooh yeah forgot about that one! I have been playing plunder in warzone and that gives a few quick post drop kills but still slower than that would be.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

DoubleAughtMeowMix posted:

Exact same here. I've don't play Warzone, so once I unlocked the purple and pink neon highlighted outfit for the British lady I stopped.

But that fire team mode, which plays pretty awful, is perfect for the kills after parachuting.

I so badly want to get the last skin for the mohawk ponytail lady, but I rarely find those loving orbs. Then when I do, they drift to a location and disappear. I sorta thought they'd be around the place they drifted?

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

[quote="Captain Log" post="515845579"
I so badly want to get the last skin for the mohawk ponytail lady, but I rarely find those loving orbs. Then when I do, they drift to a location and disappear. I sorta thought they'd be around the place they drifted?
[/quote]

That disappearing might just be view distance thing, just continue on that direction where the orb was going. They can drift quite far on some cases.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

it's also timed expiration after it moves. Suggest staminup + smg and book it straight following it to the next location and blast it asap, disregarding zombies as much as you can.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Yeah follow the smoky trail if you lose track of it but they time out pretty quick so don’t dawdle! I think they also disappear if you get outside a certain radius from them after they move too.

Bungeyjump
Nov 9, 2003
Bungeyjumpingpeopledie

Captain Log posted:

It goes in exactly a straight line to its next destination and appears on the minimap the whole time. It can go a really long way so you're probably not going far enough. They often end up inside buildings.

If you haven't already level up staminup and you should easily keep up with it. Level 5 staminup reduces your running around time so massively that I can't imagine not getting it as one of the first perks!

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I don't play zombies, it sounds like the street sweeper is easy to unlock there. My friends I play with won't play small map hardpoint, they insist on 12v12 so it's hard for me to unlock. But. I am now on 11/15 for the streetsweeper so I'm getting there! I don't like seeing that I got sniped by someone aiming 1m to the left of my head though. That's annoying.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Welp, I now feel empty.

I've maxed out every single primary and secondary. Well, sorta. I've not maxed out a single sniper yet. Not real sure that's gonna happen. But getting to pick up my favorite guns again, guns I literally haven't touched since I first maxed them, is grand. Oh, how I've missed the Krig/LC10/RPD (which is still my best weapon, somehow.)

Looking at my camos progressions, the "Kill an enemy revealed by your scorestreak/equipment" is the one keeping me back. I wish there was a good way to scoot that one along.

How often do they drop new guns? Seems like a few have popped up out of nowhere. Didn't know how frequently new guns are added.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

Captain Log posted:

Welp, I now feel empty.

Looking at my camos progressions, the "Kill an enemy revealed by your scorestreak/equipment" is the one keeping me back. I wish there was a good way to scoot that one along.

How often do they drop new guns? Seems like a few have popped up out of nowhere. Didn't know how frequently new guns are added.

Field mic is good for that camo. With the perk that lets you carry 2 field mics, you can cover almost all of nuketown.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

They generally add a few guns per season, they didn't say anything about mid season drops this time, so next season for more guns it appears.
btw
Four-day Double XP + Double Weapon XP Weekend in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone, running 10 AM PT Friday, July 2 through 10 AM PT Tuesday, July 6. Happy 4th!

Youth with a Skull
Aug 16, 2004

Hit 'em with one-a dees
Grimey Drawer

Captain Log posted:

You know how I loving hate sniping?

Well, I picked up the M82/83/Big rear end Sniper Rifle for the first time tonight. That thing rips. It's in my sniper spot in place of the Tundra now.

Yup, M82 rips in MP - Have you guys noticed a trend of guys running it with a reflex optic for quickscoping? Its like a high risk / high reward shotgun.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

redreader posted:

I don't play this game more than an hour a week so I'm only slowly getting better. Finally I'm good enough to get 3 kills in a row with the shotgun every match or two, so I am making some street sweeper progress. Otherwise I'm in love with the stoner, it's so, so good. What sight should I use with it? I'm using a 2x scope.

Comedy option is to max it out and use the thermal scope to hose down snipers in Nuketown.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Rad-daddio posted:

Comedy option is to max it out and use the thermal scope to hose down snipers in Nuketown.

Yeah I'm at like level 50 so I'll have that soon enough. Looking forward to it!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

mrking posted:

Field mic is good for that camo. With the perk that lets you carry 2 field mics, you can cover almost all of nuketown.

:hmmyes:

Will do.

I unlocked gold for the M13 and Obsidian for the Fennec in MW. I'm always too busy making myself play with each weapon. Battlefield made me that way.

Youth with a Skull posted:

Yup, M82 rips in MP - Have you guys noticed a trend of guys running it with a reflex optic for quickscoping? Its like a high risk / high reward shotgun.

Yes. I have seen that a lot. Gotta love people being able to quick scope and headshot from point blank range and win against shotguns.

(gently caress snipers)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Yeah quickshotting is pretty much why I don’t play blops mp anymore except for hardcore.

But even still I find warzone has better gunplay on the MW engine.