Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

I will be doing zero quests for the next week and instead be running stashes until I have sold enough tape and bolts to become God

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
thats whats up

demostars
Apr 8, 2020
we're wiped

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

hell yeah

Pestily also appears to be planning to live on camera nearly 24/7 for the next 50 days

a bit much imo

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/bstategames/status/1410139512097984513 Some neat stats from end of wipe

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
picking usec is cringe

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

i like people understanding my voice lines

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

So I stopped playing a few months ago. Back then the started reducing bitcoin prices manually to keep the economy in check. Now I hear talks about bitcoin prices being disconnected from the real world price, finally.

Is this accurate? And what else have they implemented in the meanwhile to get a more stable economy this wipe? I glanced over the patch notes but nothing particularly groundbreaking stood out...

I'm thinking of giving it a shot again, I'm sure last time I burned out by trying to rush the GPU farm because after reaching 50 GPUs I played for like 2 more weeks actively, afterwards only doing crafting and collecting bitcoins.

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

Also I can't wait shooting magnum buckshot at people not wearing any armor yet

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
I'm excited to do rat things and not get flash drives for like 3 weeks.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

i like people understanding my voice lines

thats cringe when you couldl yell russian at everyone

Malefitz posted:

So I stopped playing a few months ago. Back then the started reducing bitcoin prices manually to keep the economy in check. Now I hear talks about bitcoin prices being disconnected from the real world price, finally.

Is this accurate? And what else have they implemented in the meanwhile to get a more stable economy this wipe? I glanced over the patch notes but nothing particularly groundbreaking stood out...

I'm thinking of giving it a shot again, I'm sure last time I burned out by trying to rush the GPU farm because after reaching 50 GPUs I played for like 2 more weeks actively, afterwards only doing crafting and collecting bitcoins.

no one knows, the patch isnt live yet its still down

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

Stux posted:

no one knows, the patch isnt live yet its still down

I forgot BSG doesn't announce what they change in their patches...

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Patch is up and i'm in

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Level 20 now for flea market.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Still no patch notes?

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin
"I thought YOU wrote the patch notes!"

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

ShowTime posted:

good change, i want the early game survival horror portion to be longer

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

ShowTime posted:

:sickos:

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

Stux posted:

picking usec is cringe

Yea, how do you not choose BEAR in a russian game

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

ShowTime posted:

:allears:

Lorem ipsum posted:

Yea, how do you not choose BEAR in a russian game

:hai:

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

gently caress I'm at work and don't want to be I wanna play the new patch

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

So it seems like they've made it so at least a lot of big bushes can't be proned in at all, and slow you down to move through. Might be all big bushes, but IDK yet. Also insured equipment needs to be reinsured if you get through a raid with it, unless I got a bug. Not seen more changes yet but that's what I've seen from my first raid so far.

Edit: I think the insurance just has a bug, cause it's not letting me reinsure those items, just giving me an error.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
damnit, why did my gaming PC have to die the week of the patch. Hopefully it will be back by the weekend.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Mischievous Mink posted:

So it seems like they've made it so at least a lot of big bushes can't be proned in at all, and slow you down to move through. Might be all big bushes, but IDK yet. Also insured equipment needs to be reinsured if you get through a raid with it, unless I got a bug. Not seen more changes yet but that's what I've seen from my first raid so far.

Edit: I think the insurance just has a bug, cause it's not letting me reinsure those items, just giving me an error.

yeah the insurance thing is just a bug

A Jupiter
Apr 25, 2010

haven't seen it mentioned but they added weapon jamming too

so take a sidearm or a backup shotgun if you're gonna be getting up in people's faces

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Don't have the energy to play "for real" so I did an offline game on factory. Tagilla is kinda horrifying. He charges at you with his giant mallet and has a juiced ak-74u is you get cheeky. His face mask is level 5 and despite it looking like he is not wearing anything on his chest, he has an armored chest rig that is either 5 or 6. So uh yeah, good luck.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

A Jupiter posted:

haven't seen it mentioned but they added weapon jamming too

so take a sidearm or a backup shotgun if you're gonna be getting up in people's faces

A lot of people on Reddit are bitching about it but I’m guessing there also aren’t people posting that aren’t getting hosed by jamming

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
jamming already existed but theres something diff w gun durability for sure

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Stux posted:

jamming already existed but theres something diff w gun durability for sure

Scav weapons are in lovely condition it seems.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Different types of ammo have different rates of durability burn, if you somehow dump 60 rounds of ap ammo thru your gun, your gun will likely be hosed up

Orv
May 4, 2011

Cage Kicker posted:

Different types of ammo have different rates of durability burn, if you somehow dump 60 rounds of ap ammo thru your gun, your gun will likely be hosed up

:sickos:

sum
Nov 15, 2010

ShowTime posted:

I swear to God Nikita's dream game is one where no one wants to play it

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

sum posted:

Game was just fine for years before the flea market was even implemented, it'll be fine if you have to wait until level 20 to use it

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Seems like there are a lot more items available off the bat now.

That or I've been away so long I have not seen it get to this point... Either way, PP-19 is a super easy trade so I am happy.

Orv
May 4, 2011

sum posted:

I think people who scream that the flea market is the root of all problems in Tarkov are wrong but I would also not be upset if it went away.

Or if there was like an ARPG self-found league equivalent server on launch.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
It's still early but I think this may be the best wipe cycle yet. Yes, it's brutal, but the game is made to be brutal and i'd rather play the game as a scavenger (a pmc, really) in a war-torn country than a Seal Team 6 operator. There are a lot of games where you can be the uber chad. I want a game where i'm struggling, but so is everyone else. Granted, 10% of the populace are still gonna get to uber chad status because they play 8 hours a day and have for years, but by and large I want 80% to be in the same position as me. The remaining 10% are those casual players that are probably not gonna enjoy this game going forward. That said, the scav system has always been the way for those casual players to reach that higher state of gear and it seems to be even better now.

All in all, seems like a good patch. Remains to be seen and in 3 months we may revisit my post and laugh at my ignorance.

Edit: Forgot to mention that i'm super happy that AquaFPS finally got his streamer item and it's the best one yet. A teddy bear with a crown called Loot Lord.

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jun 30, 2021

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Mesadoram posted:

Seems like there are a lot more items available off the bat now.

That or I've been away so long I have not seen it get to this point... Either way, PP-19 is a super easy trade so I am happy.

no they definitely adjusted the level 1 offerings last patch (and this one I think) so it's a lot more bearable than it was at various points in the past

just having access to 30 round AK mags and 20 round SKS magazines makes a big difference in the level 1 trader experience

Sterling_Archer
May 10, 2012

"What do you mean we're not in compliance?"

ShowTime posted:

That said, the scav system has always been the way for those casual players to reach that higher state of gear and it seems to be even better now.

What? No. Just play your PMC if you want to reach a 'higher state of gear'. Scav runs are entirely for fun-having.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Sterling_Archer posted:

What? No. Just play your PMC if you want to reach a 'higher state of gear'. Scav runs are entirely for fun-having.

Hmmm, no, Scavs were how I made the bulk of my money. You have no risk and don't get shot at by other scavs, which gives you an invisibility of sort. Your extracts can be much closer as well, so you can pop in, grab 500k in loot and pop out in a few minutes.

Seriously, if you haven't tried it i'd recommend going in with the sole goal of getting money. From where you spawn, note your extract of choice and beeline right for it, grabbing absolutely everything along the way. You'll make it there in 5 minutes and have full bags. Then you just do it again in 10-20 minutes, in between your pmc runs.

Trust. If there is one thing I'm good at in this game it's making boat loads of money. I'm a rat, through and through. I only made it to lvl 36 this past wipe and had millions and millions of Roubles, USD and Euros, in addition to all the keys, multiple THICCS and a back log of meta gear that I just couldn't work through because there was so much of it. 80% of that was gained from the money I made on scav runs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Sterling_Archer posted:

is that why theyve directly made u take a loyalty hit for killing other scavs now lol

ShowTime posted:

It's still early but I think this may be the best wipe cycle yet. Yes, it's brutal, but the game is made to be brutal and i'd rather play the game as a scavenger (a pmc, really) in a war-torn country than a Seal Team 6 operator. There are a lot of games where you can be the uber chad. I want a game where i'm struggling, but so is everyone else. Granted, 10% of the populace are still gonna get to uber chad status because they play 8 hours a day and have for years, but by and large I want 80% to be in the same position as me. The remaining 10% are those casual players that are probably not gonna enjoy this game going forward. That said, the scav system has always been the way for those casual players to reach that higher state of gear and it seems to be even better now.

All in all, seems like a good patch. Remains to be seen and in 3 months we may revisit my post and laugh at my ignorance.

Edit: Forgot to mention that i'm super happy that AquaFPS finally got his streamer item and it's the best one yet. A teddy bear with a crown called Loot Lord.

yeah its feeling really good. having flea off at 20 and a lot more direct "i need this basic item for my hideout" stuff completely hchanges how im approaching early raids it owns. also glad the worst tarkov player on the planet got his item finally