Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
this is cool

https://mobile.twitter.com/ashida10721/status/1400013855560929280

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
That's very cool. I wonder what the film's title is, doubt it'll come to my city but I would definitely look up ways to see it.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I was gonna say, that video seemed like it should be good enough to get those people actual work and/or allow them to sell a project to someone with the money to make a movie. There's real talent on display there.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Yeah, they're demonstrating a really keen eye for movement and editing. Big respect!

If you still hunger for intense whip-pans, zooms, smash cuts and a dash of Bruce-sploitation here you go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-cZ6l-oDBM

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Read a few more tweets in the replies and someone mentions the film is called Baby Assassins. Not out yet and might be going to Cannes.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

MacheteZombie posted:

Read a few more tweets in the replies and someone mentions the film is called Baby Assassins. Not out yet and might be going to Cannes.

Don't know what this is, don't want to know, want to see it on title alone.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Don't know what this is, don't want to know, want to see it on title alone.

Lol check out the trailer at the top of the page

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Basebf555 posted:

I was gonna say, that video seemed like it should be good enough to get those people actual work and/or allow them to sell a project to someone with the money to make a movie. There's real talent on display there.

It reminded me of Rossatron's video on action. It's largely simple choreography, but executed really well and made to feel heavy.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
I wouldn't call it a straight up action movie but Riders of Justice is fantastic and kind of a deconstruction of revenge movies. Mads Mikkelsen is just fantastic and the supporting cast is great as well.

I will say that while there is no sexual assault depicted there is talk of it in several scenes and there is one scene in particular that I had to actually pause after and take a break (I used to do forensic interviews of child victims for investigations and the one scene bought a shitload of memories back) so just be aware.

That being said again it's an incredible movie and I highly recommend it.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

David D. Davidson posted:

I believe you mean Uncle Bob.

It's not ridiculous when it's a joke

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1405571131516624909

yes hello.

He was supposed to be in the third one, but got injured. That injury did give us Mark Dacascos instead though, so swings and roundabouts.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Though I'm still stoked to see Sanada, Chapter 3 wouldn't have been half as good as it was if Dacascos wasn't in it. He was so charming and weird.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

Lumbermouth posted:

Though I'm still stoked to see Sanada, Chapter 3 wouldn't have been half as good as it was if Dacascos wasn't in it. He was so charming and weird.

The Art of Action episode he did was awesome and it turns out that Dacascos is really that charming and weird in real life as well.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

MrBling posted:

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1405571131516624909

yes hello.

He was supposed to be in the third one, but got injured. That injury did give us Mark Dacascos instead though, so swings and roundabouts.

I like that, of Hiroyuki Sanada's long, illustrious career in multiple countries across the world spanning decades, they choose those two to remind people who he is. I know why, but holy poo poo Westworld is bad. I say is. I haven't watched it since the second season.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

You want to say their most recent things.

If you said Keanu Reeves you would say “John Wick star, Keanu Reeves” not Bill and Ted Star

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
In JW5 they can bring in Yasuaki Kurata as Sanada's father.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

CelticPredator posted:

You want to say their most recent things.

If you said Keanu Reeves you would say “John Wick star, Keanu Reeves” not Bill and Ted Star

The most recent B&T movie is more recent than the most recent JW movie. It’s also better, so there shouldn’t be any confusion

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

The only credit Sanada needs is "got his start in Sonny Chiba's stunt team."

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Snowman_McK posted:

I like that, of Hiroyuki Sanada's long, illustrious career in multiple countries across the world spanning decades, they choose those two to remind people who he is. I know why, but holy poo poo Westworld is bad. I say is. I haven't watched it since the second season.

Did any other show ever fall off a cliff that hard? I loving loved season 1

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Game of Thrones.

They ran out of books to adapt.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Heroes

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
Sons of Anarchy. 1st and 98 percent of the 2nd season was really really good and then in the last 15 minutes of the season finale they all end up in Ireland somehow.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Decided to watch The Intergalactic Adventures of Max Cloud and it feels like it should be aimed at kids due to the humour but at one point Max uppercuts a bad guy so hard with a knife he sticks to the ceiling. And the bad guy is a board game loving aerobics doing dude called Jeremy who got shot into space as an experiment and they just left him there. So now he has PTSD and lives in a lava mountain on a prison planet with two suns which scorch the surface every 24 hours or so until he can find a ship to escape with so he can take his revenge. Oh and he now calls himself Revengor. And the entire thing is a videogame which a girl in the 90s gets sucked into and is playing through controlled by her friend.

What a thoroughly odd film. :v:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

^ speaking of Adkins...

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1410014412631642114?s=19

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Holy gently caress

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

*the 'Sickos saying "yes"' image falling down from the top of the screen like when you win Solitaire*

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

aaaaaAAAAA

I was hoping he'd be in 5 as the final villain but sooner is better than later

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

He was super smart to do his Art of Action series during quarantine and I almost guarantee that helped get him this.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Yeah I watched a few of those with guests that I actually knew of and they were awesome. Should probably watch some of the others since I've almost certainly seen some of their work and just don't recognize the name/face.

Anyway, I watched the Dacascos ep last week on this thread's recommendation and that dude is just a delight. What an awesome and bizarre life that dude has led. Just kind of wish they had touched even briefly on Iron Chef America even though it's not relevant to action movies.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Visualising and manifesting Wick taking a Guyver kick to the head on the big screen.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I've mentioned this before but I definitely think the Art of Action series got to the point where it's like, a legitimately important document on the history of martial arts film. I don't know of anywhere else where you can see extensive interviews with that many legendary performers. I'd buy it on blu ray if I could.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Neo Rasa posted:

Did any other show ever fall off a cliff that hard? I loving loved season 1

Dexter!

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I gave Smokey and the Bandit a watch last night. Took me longer than it should have to realize that is just the old Georgia state flag, and not the Bandit just flying the Confederate flag on his car. Fun movie though, lots of good car stunts and crashes.

I am told to avoid the sequels outright.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Roth posted:

I gave Smokey and the Bandit a watch last night. Took me longer than it should have to realize that is just the old Georgia state flag, and not the Bandit just flying the Confederate flag on his car. Fun movie though, lots of good car stunts and crashes.

I am told to avoid the sequels outright.

The scene where Burt looks directly at the camera and grins at the audience is one of my all-time favorite scenes in any movie.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Smokey and the Bandit got a UHD release recently too. It looks great, which is almost to be expected these days with catalogue releases. They really don't mess around anymore because they know it's a niche thing and people aren't gonna buy a shoddy half-assed release.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Basebf555 posted:

Smokey and the Bandit got a UHD release recently too. It looks great, which is almost to be expected these days with catalogue releases. They really don't mess around anymore because they know it's a niche thing and people aren't gonna buy a shoddy half-assed release.

This is the one I watched since it got put on a Prime Day sale, and I'll just about buy a 4k of anything for $10

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

B-Rock452 posted:

Sons of Anarchy. 1st and 98 percent of the 2nd season was really really good and then in the last 15 minutes of the season finale they all end up in Ireland somehow.

That show was so over the top nutty as it went on it almost became a chore to finish it off.

But my god, I miss it.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

goddamn sally field was a stone cold fox in Smokey and the Bandit

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Just finished Champagne and Bullets aka GetEven, by John de Hart. What a stupid and amateurish movie.

I enjoyed it very much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

MacheteZombie posted:

Just finished Champagne and Bullets aka GetEven, by John de Hart. What a stupid and amateurish movie.

I enjoyed it very much

Where did you find it? I've been looking for a while.