Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

PowerBeard posted:

I wonder how the registration of 39-35 year old went as it was supposed to conclude this evening. Hopefully it'll only be another month wait or so for the next group.

I'm 35, registered the night before it's official opening cause someone told me it was open early. Got the text today, getting the jab on Monday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CredulousAtBest
Oct 4, 2020
My name is CredulousAtBest. Glenn Greenwald constantly owning me has resulted in my prodromal schizophrenia, so please be polite when you deal with psychotic breaks and kindly nod to my unintelligible tripe.

PowerBeard posted:

I wonder how the registration of 39-35 year old went as it was supposed to conclude this evening. Hopefully it'll only be another month wait or so for the next group.

A month?! ahhhhhh feck! :mad:

Ok yeah those sides sound pretty poo poo. Eh hopefully I don't get those

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I felt like I had hay fever all day Thursday after round 2 on Wednesday, but other than that no real effects. My arm even stopped hurting faster this time :iiam:

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Lightheaded for a few hours, took a nap. No arm pain. First dose only yet. But I had COVID in December and was very mildly ill.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

You could always just ring your GP. My GP rang my brother on Monday and he and my other brothers all went down and got their first dose, even though one of them is under 35. And they mentioned that I wasn't around so they rang me on Tuesday and I got my first dose yesterday. And there seemed to be quite a few people in their 20's getting it the same time I did. So there's a chance that they might take you on early without even having to register.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Lolling at the idea of young people serving people in restaurants and pubs they're barred from patronizing, from the same minds who brought you take away pints while public drinking is illegal

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

FYI my 37 year old brother just got his 1st dose appointment today - 3rd of July in Greystones. :unsmith:

CredulousAtBest
Oct 4, 2020
My name is CredulousAtBest. Glenn Greenwald constantly owning me has resulted in my prodromal schizophrenia, so please be polite when you deal with psychotic breaks and kindly nod to my unintelligible tripe.

Shoehead posted:

Lolling at the idea of young people serving people in restaurants and pubs they're barred from patronizing, from the same minds who brought you take away pints while public drinking is illegal

It's all so bloody dumb. Now I'm supposed to care that they have delayed indoor dining apparently. No sorry I don't give a poo poo :shrug:

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

CredulousAtBest posted:

It's all so bloody dumb. Now I'm supposed to care that they have delayed indoor dining apparently. No sorry I don't give a poo poo :shrug:

The jokes on them. My wife and I had a baby, so now I don't care about any food that can't be eaten inside the brief two hour window between breast feeds.

So it'll be at least one to two years before we can ever do indoor dining.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Worrying about indoor hospitality is yet another dumbfuck line coming out of the bougiest dumbfuckiest government to ever set foot in the dail. I hate it. I also miss going to the pub, I miss having a dinner handed to me. I do not miss them enough to risk coughing up bits of my lungs.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Fully accept I could be wrong here but I get the impression this shower of absolute fucks are managing to message this in such a way that people are blaming nphet. Can't wait for the opeds from some D4 gently caress whose lovely cafe is struggling because of a global pandemic that's still loving killing people daily.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
They absolutely try shift the blame to NPHET for anything that goes wrong. They have that, and Sinn Féin, and nothing else.

CredulousAtBest
Oct 4, 2020
Yeah twitter is full of stupid #disbandnphet #openerup gobshites now. It's pretty embarrassing.

Well done lads, ye made an absolute bollocks of it.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

It's the stupidest loving thing. Of course the attitude of the NPHET is going to be medical stuff.
It's the role of government to balance the medical input with business-specific inputs and come up with a coherent plan.

But it is so much easier to ask doctors what to do in a medical emergency, and then blame them for being cautious and affecting commercial entities.
If you want to protect commerce, make decisions, don't outsource everything to doctors because they will do the job of loving doctors.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
The amount of people on FB screaming for antigen testing for indoor venues is nuts. Like they do realise that it'll be limited capacity at best and you'll still be served by people in masks and visors.

And then they'll start screaming about being tested to enter a pub / restaurant...

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

PowerBeard posted:

The amount of people on FB screaming for antigen testing for indoor venues is nuts. Like they do realise that it'll be limited capacity at best and you'll still be served by people in masks and visors.

And then they'll start screaming about being tested to enter a pub / restaurant...

Yeah and then like the mask stuff they'll offer no resources or responsibility, Garda aid or anything else to the businesses affected and a heap of them won't bother.

Anyway in good news they're opening up vaccine registration to 30-34 year olds "next week"

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
More on that:https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0702/1232591-virus-covid-19/

quote:

From next Monday, 750 pharmacies can begin administering the Janssen vaccine to people in the 18-34 age groups who have opted in.

From Monday 12 July, that age group can log on to the vaccine portal and choose whether they want the earlier AstraZeneca or Janssen vaccine.

Can't wait to get hosed up on some AZ 5G chemicals

edit: lmao they did this without telling the pharmacies

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Jul 2, 2021

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

loving laffo

CredulousAtBest
Oct 4, 2020

Shoehead posted:

More on that:https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0702/1232591-virus-covid-19/

Can't wait to get hosed up on some AZ 5G chemicals

edit: lmao they did this without telling the pharmacies

ahahaha for feck sake

gonna call into my local pharmacy anyway and see what the craic is.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Both myself and at least one friend so far have gotten appointments. Mine a soft "we don't have a system set up but we will call next week" and his an actual booking. We are both in our later twenties.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Why the gently caress didn't they do this months ago?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Great time to be 35-39 lol

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Tried two pharmacies as one offered J&J and the other offered Pfizer. So it's a race to see who will answer first.

CredulousAtBest
Oct 4, 2020

PowerBeard posted:

Tried two pharmacies as one offered J&J and the other offered Pfizer. So it's a race to see who will answer first.

Pfizer's the better one right? If I'm given a choice at all. Take what I can get at this point

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Supposedly Pfizer seems to be more effective than J&J, but I'm more hedging my bets incase they run out with everyone booking.

CredulousAtBest
Oct 4, 2020
https://twitter.com/irishexaminer/status/1410957694886891523

:shrug:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
one weird trick

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Yeah mix and match would be best, but take what you can get there's no advantage in delaying.

YMMV if you're a woman in her 30s with clotting disorder or taking birth control, in which case I personally would wait for an mRNA jab

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I heard mixing yielded improved resistance, so it's a weird one.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Well my mother had such a terrible reaction to the first dose of AstraZenica vaccine so doesn't want to get a second dose of AZ but will gladly take any other vaccine for a second dose.

And honestly, I think she is right. Based on all the stuff that has happened with AZ, I wouldn't want to get that as my vaccine.

CredulousAtBest
Oct 4, 2020
Strolled in, gave them my details and got on The List.

Yer man was saying that they were a bit blindsided by the gov just going "arra shur do the lot of them now pharmacies, cheers" lol

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Finding out the gov sent Romania a few million quid to do this is dulling my enthusiasm a bit, as a big fat queermo

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Shoehead posted:

Finding out the gov sent Romania a few million quid to do this is dulling my enthusiasm a bit, as a big fat queermo

Would you feel better if it was coming from a colonialist superpower instead? Like I get there are problems there but c'mon.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

lemonadesweetheart posted:

Would you feel better if it was coming from a colonialist superpower instead? Like I get there are problems there but c'mon.

Depends on how nice they are to me personally

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

no ethical consumption etc

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Shoehead posted:

Depends on how nice they are to me personally

I was going to say they're not that bad but they don't even have registered partnership.

Then again I don't think your average Romanian is as anti-lgbt as your average Pole, even though Poland does have "habitual partnership" whoch grants some of the benefits of marriage like registered partnership.

Blut
Sep 11, 2009

if someone is in the bottom 10%~ of a guillotine

Private Speech posted:

I was going to say they're not that bad but they don't even have registered partnership.

Then again I don't think your average Romanian is as anti-lgbt as your average Pole, even though Poland does have "habitual partnership" whoch grants some of the benefits of marriage like registered partnership.

The polls usually should show average Poles are a fair bit more supportive of LGBT stuff than Romanians or Bulgarians. Its just more common for Polish politicians to be loudly homophobic.

CredulousAtBest
Oct 4, 2020
https://twitter.com/BillBadbody/status/1412101306362253315

hahahahaha

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Username/post combo.

I do really want to see if I could pay him to say that a united Ireland is a good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Arquinsiel posted:

Username/post combo.

I do really want to see if I could pay him to say that a united Ireland is a good idea.

The Monkeys Paw lowers a finger, Nigel says he'd love a united Ireland under British rule....